Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning in OP, 10/12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Iang87 wrote: »
    Sorry lads, completely off topic. I'm looking at going to the QPR game in May and can get tickets now. I'm using the guy a friend uses all the time for tickets and he's saying they're 95 euro. Is this the going rate these days. I havent been over since 09 or 10

Things are bad but no that bad,€90 is a rip off, €50 - €60 is the going rate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Gerrard, Sterling, Ballotelli, Lovren and Johnson all expected not to start the game.

I don't mind starting some fringe players. If we get spanked, we can put it down to that. And we have to have one eye on Chelsea...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Gaillimh1976

Iang87 wrote: »
    Sorry lads, completely off topic. I'm looking at going to the QPR game in May and can get tickets now. I'm using the guy a friend uses all the time for tickets and he's saying they're 95 euro. Is this the going rate these days. I havent been over since 09 or 10

Face value is 55-60 depending on match and sterling rate etc

Was over last Jan and most touts agents were looking for around 90

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Gerrard, Sterling, Ballotelli, Lovren and Johnson all expected not to start the game.

Glad not to see Lovren and glen start tbh. Gerrard needs to be rotated in any case, wouldn't be happy to see sterling and Balo on the bench

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

klose wrote: »
    Glad not to see Lovren and glen start tbh. Gerrard needs to be rotated in any case, wouldn't be happy to see sterling and Balo on the bench

Nothing to lose. Might as well play the youngster's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 452 ✭✭NEDDURC

Part of the problem for Rodgers this year is that the games are coming so fast and the amount he needs to rotate the team is not allowing him to find his best team and build on that.

Almost exact opposite last year where there was lots of time betwen games and team was pretty consistent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

what's worrying about that is:

1. Rodgers is resting who he sees as his most important players in advance of the Chelsea game at the weekend, and not playing them against the best team in the world.

2. he sees Johnson as an essential player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Not exactly great for Lallana either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

It is a fairly hard working selection though and will be set out to frustrate and hopefully close down Madrid. If we could keep it to 00/1-0 late on bringing on a fresh Sterling, Gerrard and Balotelli could be interesting.

Im not displeased with the selection, atleast he is trying to change it up instead of the 4-2-3-1 we have been subjected to all season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Should be gas craic, anyway.
    David-and-Goliath1_2048.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

I'm fully expecting us to get pasted but feck it I'm excited all the same!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Tonight should be about excitement and wonder. Here we are, back in club football's most prestigious tournament. We should be like:

746.gif

Instead we are:

enhanced-buzz-29614-1348753091-0.jpg

Ah **** it. Surprise me Brendan.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Probably a bit late to this now but I'm finding all his talk about rolling over and how we never do this to be hilarious. It just shows the short term memory there is in soccer.

I remember, pretty vividly, a match against Chelsea that ended 4-4 that was in the knockout stages of the Champions League with a weakened team.

If tonight delivers something similar, I'll be delighted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

tok9 wrote: »
    Probably a bit late to this now but I'm finding all his talk about rolling over and how we never do this to be hilarious. It just shows the short term memory there is in soccer.

I remember, pretty vividly, a match against Chelsea that ended 4-4 that was in the knockout stages of the Champions League with a weakened team.

If tonight delivers something similar, I'll be delighted.

Won't we all :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Wow. Just seen the team selection, shocking. Throwing the towel already, disgraceful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

Wow. Just seen the team selection, shocking. Throwing the towel already, disgraceful.

The league is the bread and butter and Chelsea are up on Saturday. Getting out of CL group is all well and good but if it thats at the expense of top 4 it's not worth it. Sending a weakened side out against RM who are expected to win anyway is (just about) ok

We have lost enough ground already on 4th we can't afford to lose more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Rodgers will get some stick in the media if it's a bad beating tonight. The football journos on twitter are going mental at that team.

That said a lot of players that have been rested haven't exactly been pulling up trees recently. The same players lost to bloody Newcastle only a few days ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

rodgers going full retard umpteenth time this season so i see... :S

Team selection adds more evidence to 'The Rodgers' vs the transfer committee conspiracy theory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Team selection adds more evidence to 'The Rodgers' vs the transfer committee conspiracy theory.

tinfoilhat.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

So we are only in the CL for more money it seems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Turtyturd wrote: »

That's what he wants you to believe now! :pac:

#BlameTransferCommitteeNotMe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

MD1990 wrote: »
    So we are only in the CL for more money it seems.

Same as every other team really... did you think we'd win it?!? Its a group game. Its not like its a knockout game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

The league is the bread and butter and Chelsea are up on Saturday. Getting out of CL group is all well and good but if it thats at the expense of top 4 it's not worth it. Sending a weakened side out against RM who are expected to win anyway is (just about) ok

We have lost enough ground already on 4th we can't afford to lose more.

You honestly believe that by starting that team tonight we'll have a better chance at 4th? Fuzzy fuzzy logic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Spend years going on about getting back into the CL then get there and can't be arsed picking our best team :rolleyes:

Toure and Lucas, pure, pure poison

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

kfallon wrote: »
    Spend years going on about getting back into the CL then get there and can't be arsed picking our best team :rolleyes:

Which would you rather, the best team who would still most likely lose and be tired for Saturday or a 2nd string who will definitely lose but having our best ready for Chelsea? That's how I think Rodgers sees this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Yeah because Lovren has been so good so far and people have been banging on about dropping Gerrard for the past 6 months and when he's left out there is uproar.

Yeah because Lovren has been so good so far and people have been banging on about dropping Gerrard for the past 6 months and when he's left out there is uproar.

Lovern
    Gerrard
    Ballotelli
    Johnson

Have all been muck. In fact some of the people moaning have moaned about the form of these players!!

You'd swear he was dropping the likes of Suarez ffs.

Talk about meltdowns

If we get something out of this game Brendan's post matching press conference will be a fun listen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

Big change from last year, eating each other like cats and dogs for the sake of it

• Advertisement

Augmerson wrote: »
    Which would you rather, the best team who would still most likely lose and be tired for Saturday or a 2nd string who will definitely lose but having our best ready for Chelsea? That's how I think Rodgers sees this.

The team selection tonight is a slap in the face for the travelling fans and a slap in the face to the clubs heritage, we're 5 times winners of the competition who are basically saying, "Yeah we'll get beat tonight but who cares about CL, we might get something on Saturday if we're lucky!"

Defeat tonight and again on Saturday and this will really have backfired on Rodgers.

Lets just pray for a miracle tonight.....and I don't believe in miracles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

If we get something out of this game Brendan's post matching press conference will be a fun listen.

If we play well and get something out of this game will Rodgers drop the likes of Lucas and Borini again for Gerrard and Sterling.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Lol if nothing else the reaction to the team sheet proves conclusively we have a fan base to match our form atm which is to say completely ****e.

Lol if nothing else the reaction to the team sheet proves conclusively we have a fan base to match our form atm which is to say completely ****e.

I am enjoying the faux outrage it has caused amongst non Liverpool fans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Moist Bread

It's cool to hate.

I wish we had Aspas back. This is the sort of night where he's shine brighter than the sun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

Defeat tonight and again on Saturday and this will really have backfired on Rodgers.
    Not really - the first choice team got swatted in the game at Anfield. Real Madrid didn't even try in the second half.

In fairness to the forward and midfield players selected tonight - they won't lack effort (well maybe Markovic, but we'll see). Both full backs can counter attack at pace and they may have a bit of bite when defending considering the opposition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Is Rogers trying to **** us over?!

He is ballsy playing that team against Madrid In Madrid.

Mr Rodgers has gone full retard. And people are REALLY pissed about it

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭kerosene

If liverpool get beat tonight, the pressure will be really on against Chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Everything is a disgrace.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

T-K-O wrote: »

"Joe"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Playing the team that beat Swansea against RM, what a crock of sh#t.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

T-K-O wrote: »

And everyone who doesn't think everything is a disgrace is deluded.

I recommend boycotting the next two CL games in favour of friendlies in the South East.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Milkers wrote: »
    And everyone who doesn't think everything is a disgrace is deluded.

Disgraceful

Nothing stupid early lads now please, don't give them anything easy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Another Ibe goal for Derby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

SlickRic wrote: »
    Another Ibe goal for Derby.

They got above standard ibe seller status?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

It's cool to hate.

I wish we had Aspas back. This is the sort of night where he's shine brighter than the sun.

We're not likely to get many corners, tbh.

Pretty impressed with the guys who have come into the team. Look like they give a fcuk

With is display tonight (So far) and what I have seen of him so far this season Can needs to be a starter in league game.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement