Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning in OP, 10/12

Comments

Is Borini definitely fit?

If so it's weird. Imagine if Lambert went off after 10 mins?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

rarnes1 wrote: »

https://twitter.com/borinifabio29/status/541377966253805568

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,890 ✭✭✭✭klose

Yeah he tweeted he was a few days ago, his bird kicked up a bit of a stir a few minutes before the team was released. Im not borinis biggest fan but even im getting annoyed over his treatment now. Id imagine if rickie went off injured sterling would go up top, markovic can also play centrally apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,051 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Knex. wrote: »
    Diamond midfield, Gerrard CAM with Sterling and Lambert up top, perhaps?

No Borini is absolute madness. If its 0-0 with 10 minutes to go, I'd be screaming for him, and he's not even on the bench. That could be an unforgivable decision.

Yeah reckon this is it alright.

I really dunno about this...I think Gerrard in that position only really works if there are other, quicker, players making the runs for him to find. With just Sterling for Basle to actually have to track, he'll be double marked at all times. Lambert can't move quick enough to even be an option for a clever through ball. Only way this can work I think is if Hendo has a lot of license to attack, almost like;

Lucas--Allen
    Gerrard
    Hendo
    Sterling
    Lambert

But for that kind of thing, i'd have rathered Hendo in Allen's spot, and Lallana or Coutinho in that attacking spot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

The freezing out of Borini is a bit odd given our lack of options up front. Can only think Rodgers is trying to force him out in January.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Rodgers has a history of frezzing players out at Liverpool since he became manager but everyone kept saying those players weren't his signings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Markovic to win it with a volley in stoppage time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Lambert is pretty ****e, Borini is pretty ****e but he should definitely be on the bench whichever way you look at it.

Very strange but Rodgers is obviously trying to make a point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

joe123 wrote: »
    Lambert is pretty ****e, Borini is pretty ****e but he should definitely be on the bench whichever way you look at it.

Borini isn't shyte.

The sooner that committee is disbanded the better

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

He got this

10432157_983364231680475_5452618846262416262_n.jpg?oh=66dc1ac481d59776b393a7ec3ea7233d&oe=54FD7966&__gda__=1425624076_a48953c8c1eeff0931391f9c4e46b8c9

joe123 wrote: »

The only point he's making is that his own stubbornness is more important than what's good for the club.

I like the guy, but fuck like...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Rodgers man management really isnt that good is it

Seems like countless players have been frozen out

I have to assume he simply views Markovic as his back up striker. I'd feel better about this if he'd actually given more gametime to Markovic...

There's more pace in the football team Father Ted was managing compared to that starting Xl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

The sooner that committee is disbanded the better

If that happens we need a DOF.

The sooner the better Sakho comes back into the team and he can be blamed for all the defensive problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Bye bye cl:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Lads read up on Rodgers last weeks at Reading. Very similar .

Another pathetic performance overlooked by Mr Clueless.

• Advertisement

Lads read up on Rodgers last weeks at Reading. Very similar .

I said as much a few weeks ago.

I really hoped I was wrong even if I have never been his biggest fan I want him to succeed.

If we end up lossing this and the next two games he has to go.

Major problems everywhere for this Liverpool team. Serious lack of pace apart from Sterling and they just look poorly organised all over.

Major problems everywhere for this Liverpool team. Serious lack of pace apart from Sterling and they just look poorly organised all over.

This is the major factor from a manager who is in his 3rd year at the club.

The team has never in his time as manager looked organised.

We out scored most teams last season and that covered over a lot of cracks.

Hodgson would have been proud of that half of footaball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Bring on Markovic. This is appaling so far. For the occasion it is its one of the worst halfs ive ever seen from a Liverpool team. Also Moreno on for Enrique.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Who'd have thought we'd all be looking forward to a Lloyd post and nodding in agreement when we read it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭pmy.murphy

Desperate lack of quality in this team. How in the name of jaysus did we go backwards after spending 100 plus million on players? Absolute joke.

we need 3 world class players to be able to compete at top level again. A Top striker, defender and a central midfielder

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I'm working and can't see the game. From the comments, it appears that's for the best.

The worst thing? Its not even surprising. Has all the hallmarks of the end of Hodgson and even Benitez's era. I don't think anyone sees it getting better this half, or even this weekend.

That's nearly the worst thing at the moment. The shear lack of optimism or faith in the team, from the top down.

Transfer Commitee should be hung drawn and quartered

• Advertisement

pmy.murphy wrote: »

Tbf only 2 of them are on the pitch, rodgers is playing politics with the club imo didnt get all the players he wanted and not playing the majority of the ones who signed.

pmy.murphy wrote: »

That includes the Manger.

It's not them leaking to the press who wanted which player etc.

As someone posted athe other day the players Rodgers didn't want seem to be the players who are failing never the ones who look ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I'm not sure I can watch much more of this, its only a certain morbid fascination that might keep me interested. BBC Four is showing a programme on quantum theory at 9 pm.

I'm not sure I can watch much more of this, its only a certain morbid fascination that might keep me interested. BBC Four is showing a programme on quantum theory at 9 pm.

Oh Boy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

The manager makes the call on signings. He's been quite clear about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

Why in the Flying Fuk of all Holly Hells, would you not even put our only other Fit Striker on the Bench, in a Game that we actually need to Score?

It's not just Mind-Boggling, it's Absolute Insanity! I cannot even begin to Understand Rodger's Thinking in this.

Simply put, The Manager's Stubborness is causing us the Most, at this Point.

Did Rodgers not want us to Stay in the CL? After so many years getting here, it feels to me that we're just Throwing the Towel, without even trying our Best to Fight for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

One isolated fact that should tell us all we need to know now about the management of the team is that when Sterling played right side and Henderson left (think v Newcastle?) we were putrid.

And here we are again.

Rodgers hasnt got a clue what to do with this 'squad'. Team picked itself last year. And another one to take note of is the players who did well like Lallana and Can (when they get the chance) barely get a look in.

I dont know who signs the players but im confident the man who picks the team is clueless at this point, regardless of some miracle that may or may not happen in the 2nd half.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭hadoken13

Absolutely shocking performance. Rodgers doesn't have a clue. Playing Enrique who is **** and not fit, Johnson who is just as bad and no attacking flair from any of our midfield players. One of the worst starts to a season that I can remember.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

Mr Alan wrote: »
    The manager makes the call on signings. He's been quite clear about that.

Damn right, and the transfer committee do not have any input into playing this back four, or playing one up front.

No recognised striker on now with Lambert off. Hard not to think Rodgers has lost the plot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

No recognised striker on now with Lambert off. Hard not to think Rodgers has lost the plot.

Lambert shouldn't be on the pitch. One of the few decisions Rodgers has gotten correctly recently taking him off.

• Advertisement

Markovic looking lively

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Who's supposed to be playing up front?!

Looks like a 4-6-0

Edit: 4-5-0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

****ing hell...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

Well, that's it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

Rodgers can deflect from having no striker on the bench and a pathetic performance yet again now.

Rodgers can blame the red card now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Whatever ones views about the red card (silly from Markovic and stupid from the ref) it cannot be used as an excuse to overlook the utter shambles that Rodgers has made of this squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Needless from Lazar but I'm gutted for him. Seemed to have had the bit between the teeth tonight and a bit of fire which is lacking in the team at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

The worst part, the WORST part. Is that Rodgers won't be held accountable now.

He'll blame the red and nothing will be said

I am dreading Sunday.

The manager is lost on the sideline.

He hasn't a clue what to do!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement