Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning in OP, 10/12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I'd nearly put Sakho on up front.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

It's a sorry state of affairs alright, going out with a whimper it looks like. I was saying last week if u put Hull or Sunderland or villa jerseys on Liverpool players, nobody would remark on them. On this seasons form, none of our players (with possible exception of sterling at times) are playing at top 8 level. When you see lucas holding down a regular place again you know you are fvuked.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I can hear a rampaging Lloyd approaching.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

The worst thing about this? One of the poorest Manchester United sides in 30 years are going to absolutely smash us at the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

5starpool wrote: »

Hes gonna be like that drunken uncle at a wedding.

And he has every right to be. We are a shell of the team we were last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭jasonb

What with the poor performance, only having one striker in the squad when we need to score, and then taking him off, the 'debatable' red card that absolutely is going to divide people etc. etc. I think I'll avoid this thread for a few days or so...

J.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

There's another red in this for us if we really go for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Turtyturd wrote: »
    There's another red in this for us if we really go for it.

Moreno for the perfect double whammy hat trick of 2 red cards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Here he is on the way to his computer room apparently.

Rampage-jackson-breaks-door-o.gif

• Advertisement

Get in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Yeah. **** the red card. He is who I thought he was. I'll be more steadfast the next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

Gerrard with a Special. Maybe Bittersweet but it's better than Nothing.

Gerrard seeing the headlines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

we didnt go out with a whimper ,only consolation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭pmy.murphy

Gutted

• Advertisement

Disaster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

more movement out of skrtel up front than ballotelli and lambert combined

Gave it a go despite the managers best efforts.

Although play like the 2nd half on Sunday and we shouldn't have too much trouble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

So with 10 men and 10 minutes to play they suddenly wake up, okay Basel did that typical fall back, fall back thing but why didn't they show that application a bit earlier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Rodgers is a clueless buffoon, we will lose on Sunday and hopefully he'll be sacked on Monday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

He'll hide behind that red card but Brendan Rodgers is the reason Liverpool are out of the Champions League. Almost snuck through in spite of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,890 ✭✭✭✭klose

Waited 5 years for a pathetic wimper of an attempt at a group we should have qualified, fcuking sick in the stomach. Rodgers forfeited the first half with that ****e he put out there. He can **** off if hes going to continue playing the way we have been.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Rodgers tries to make out that was a good performance/heroic effort & he can pack up his stuff and leave.

****e performance.

****e result.

A win on Sunday is now a must for me or FSG should consider bringing in a replacement for Jan.

So it's to the Europa League we go.

114479b216001203bcb4e4827c570897.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

We did put up a Fight in the End.

But the Question you have to Ask is, why was this Urgency not seen in the 1st Half? Or heck, our Last Games?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

Playing with no recognised striker for 45 mins when needing a goal in the Champions League.

Does anything more need to be said?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Rodgers made a hames out of that. Picked a terrible side to start the game with 4 central midfielders and Enrique out of nowhere. Only got going when he put some pace and ball players on the field.

Not to mention having no striker on the bench to replace Lambert.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Rodgers tries to make out that was a good performance/heroic effort & he can pack up his stuff and leave.

Always find it a mystery as to why you pay so much attention to post match interviews.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Dayum

Apart from the last minutes there was no urgency at all...

That team are dead on their feet. Simply not good enough. Liverpool weren't playing Real Madrid tonight, lads...

Sad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Just another game for Glen Johnson. Laughing and joking already. Get rid.

Shame we couldn't have performed for more than 10 mins. Wonderful freekick from Stevie. Didn't deserve to go through overall

Thank you LFC team 13/14. Pitiful performances from this bunch in comparison

• Advertisement

Augeo wrote: »

Criticism does not equate to not supporting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

That's the end of that,we won't win the EL & 4th slipping away,Rodgers really got it wrong tonight with one striker again,Jaysus Borini must of been caught with Rodgers missus or something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Disgraceful - dream group punted. Ride him out on a rail.

Criticism does not equate to not supporting.

I don't believe I suggested otherwise ;)

Most of the moanies in here were complaining for most of last year too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭pmy.murphy

If a proper striker is not bought in January then its a disgrace

Always find it a mystery as to why you pay so much attention to post match interviews.

Because it's an insight into the managers thoughts.

You'll pretend it's not and Rodger's true thoughts are much more realistic. But that's just your deluded hope tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I'm not going to talk about the peno as its largely a distraction.

Tonight Rodgers sent out a side that Roy Hodgson might have were he the manager, slow, lumpy, static and timid. No work rate, no pressing, no pace, no movement, no confidence. How typical that in the last 10 minutes or so they suddenly found the energy of drowning men to nearly rescue the day. Despite his well taken goal Gerrard and few neat late passes Gerrard was little more than a passenger for the other 80 minutes. Johnson and Lovren are just the pits, playing two deeper midfielders an embarrassment. Borini not in even in the match squad is a scandal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,371 ✭✭✭Robson99

Gave it a go despite the managers best efforts.

Although play like the 2nd half on Sunday and we shouldn't have too much trouble.
    :D:p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

****e performance.

****e result.

A win on Sunday is now a must for me or FSG should consider bringing in a replacement for Jan.

Who would u bring in to replace him?
    After last season Rodgers deserves until the end of the season to fix things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Skrtel made a better run into the box in his 10 minutes up top than lambert, borini, mario has done all bloody YEAR!

Says a lot really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

feel terrible for sturridge

Because it's an insight into the managers thoughts......

You applied that to Kenny so presumably?

Because it's an insight into the managers thoughts.

You'll pretend it's not and Rodger's true thoughts are much more realistic. But that's just your deluded hope tbh.

So you take every thing as manager says as gospel? Right....:pac: I suppose Wenger honestely didn't see the Pires incident. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

That ending was all about a combination of Stevie's brilliance on the free, the players feeding off the energy from the crowd after it, and Basel shítting themselves.

That had nothing to do with how the team was set up.

I'll have a proper rant in the morning, but suffice to say, Rodgers has a lot of explaining to do for his starting team and his substitutions. There was little rhyme or reason to them.

A word on Sterling though; just unreal. He still makes odd decisions sometimes, but to be carrying the team like he is takes some doing. We have nothing going forward without him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Last straw he has to go that was the most inept managerial performance since roy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Augeo wrote: »

We are all here supporting the Club!!!

We can all see what is wrong except the manager that doesn't mean we don't support Liverpool FC.

MD1990 wrote: »
    Who would u bring in to replace him?
    After last season Rodgers deserves until the end of the season to fix things.

I don't know.

But there has to be someone out there who could perform better than Rodgers is.

Someone who is capable of buying decent players would be a start

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Dayum

Such a shame...

Liverpool were a joy to watch for the neutrals last year...a real story and they would have advanced tonight if Suarez was still there....but Christ....

Unless Rodgers forks out 60million on a world class striker, this squad will fade back into obscurity...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2778224/Boost-Tottenham-Everton-UEFA-confirm-FIVE-Premier-League-clubs-feature-Champions-League.html

UEFA confirm FIVE English clubs could qualify for next season's Champions League if Tottenham or Everton win Europa League
    Europa League winners will gain entry to Champions League
    If Tottenham or Everton win the Europa League, the Premier League will have five representatives in Europe's elite competition
    It was suggested that the top three and Europa League winner would qualify - making four - but UEFA have confirmed this will not be the case
    Tottenham have missed out when finishing in top four as Chelsea won the European Cup
    Europa League final is in Warsaw

Thats if we are good enough to win the Europa League.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement