Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning in OP, 10/12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

We are shoite but I think Rodgers can turn it around.
    Still in three cups and a long way to go in the league.
    Bitterly disappointed to throw the second round of that away but the content of some comments in the last few weeks is absolutely OTT.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    I don't know.

But there has to be someone out there who could perform better than Rodgers is.

Someone who is capable of buying decent players would be a start

They'll have to rip up the transfer committee policy also as it's killing us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭Ardent

Disastrous night. Rodgers should be under incredible pressure now. That first 45 mins was as bad as I've ever seen Liverpool play. The Suarez money was well and truly wasted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Even more annoying that Markovic was looking decent before the sending off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,890 ✭✭✭✭klose

I don't know.

Or atleast utilise the ones we have and not usurp them out of the squad. Can/manquillo/moreno/lallana can all feel pretty hard done by regards game time considering the players playing in their positions have been poor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

I don't know.

If we were to get rid of Rodgers which I wouldn't yet.
    I would go for Frank De Boer.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Well Brendan was Lazar worth that 20m sterling?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

rarnes1 wrote: »
    They'll have to rip up the transfer committee policy also as it's killing us

Rodgers picks the players. He has said as much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Augeo wrote: »
    So it's to the Europa League we go.

114479b216001203bcb4e4827c570897.jpg

Remember you support the club managers and players are just employees
    If criticism is warranted then they deserve it

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Augmerson wrote: »
    Well Brendan was Lazar worth that 20m sterling?

It wasn't a red card, and this type of myopic reactionary post is fairly embarrassing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Well at least we didn't lose

Ardent wrote: »
    ........The Suarez money was well and truly wasted.

If all the players bought with the Suarez money were sold in Jan or the coming Summer much of the money would be recouped.

That's how the owners will look at it, and the accountants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Sack the manager who brought us to within a WHISKER of winning the league last year... did we learn nothing when we sacked Rafa during his tough run?

this year was always going to be mega tough with the extra games and losing possibly the best player we've ever had. We can't spend €60m on a striker. Do people really think that Rodgers wouldn't want the likes of Di Maria, Sanchez etc at the club??? I can't understand how anyone could think he doesn't deserve time to get it right?!?!

The performances have been really really poor and criticism of them is fully warranted. But all this "thats the last straw" malarkey is pure rubbish. We're not in the relegation zone lads. He's shown in the past he can get us playing well even without Suarez. A bit of patience from the supporters is the least we can give.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

Within the remit he's giving to use as criteria by the owners.
    I might want to buy my messages from Supervalu but the other half is telling me we had to work within a budget in lidl and aldi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

Get a DOF in, let him vet and decide on a manager. At least then there is no fighting between who is being signed and who is being played.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Most of the fans will have had enough of Rodgers if we get thrashed by Man Utd this Sunday.

If we play well and try and get a draw he will still have the backing of most of the fans.

Its a shocking season so far.

Remember you support the club managers and players are just employees
    If criticism is warranted then they deserve it

I see Rodgers getting an unfair level of criticism from folks in here. Hysteric, moronic, reactionary criticism.

Of course be said it.

I'd say there's plenty of red tape.

He basically admitted as much re Ballotelli recently

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,954 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

While Rodgers hasn't been doing well this season, it's as if he's just this months scapegoat. His team selection was poor and it wasn't a good first half but he saw this, acknowledged his mistake and made changes at halftime. We played well in the second half up until the red card, Markovic wad running at players. Those saying the red card changed nothing are just being a bit stupid.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

mayordenis wrote: »
    It wasn't a red card, and this type of myopic reactionary post is fairly embarrassing.

****ing ridiculous, of course it was a ****ing red. What do you expect at CL level?

I see Rodgers getting an unfair level of criticism from folks in here. Hysteric, moronic, reactionary criticism.

What have been the good points so far this season?

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Sack the manager who brought us to within a WHISKER of winning the league last year.

Turns out he was a passenger last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Rodgers lost that match.
    Pathetic team selection.
    Leaving Coutinho / Lallana on the bench was a huge mistake, dreadful decision and i knew our fate once i seen the selection.
    Where are the goals going to come from with Lucas, Allen and Henderson. Disgraceful management.

I wouldnt trust him in a sweet shop with my money, so talk of strengthening in January with his track record is ridiculous and hardly worth thinking about.

Rodgers has to go imho, he hasnt a clue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Have a feeling that's strike 1 for Rodgers. Strikes 2 and 3 will probably come against Utd and Arsenal and that will be that. He has nobody to blame but himself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭Ardent

Allen, Lucas, Enrique and Johnson in a must-win game. £100+ million spent in the summer. It's like a bad joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

That was every bit as bad as the depths of the Hodgson era and the biggest problem is, I don't see how it changes. United are up next, then Arsenal.

Have a feeling that's strike 1 for Rodgers. Strikes 2 and 3 will probably come against Utd and Arsenal and that will be that. He has nobody to blame but himself.

League cup sandwiched in between them I think?

If we gain silverware I'll actually be quite content this season

Of course be said it.

I'd say there's plenty of red tape.

He basically admitted as much re Ballotelli recently

So when things were going good, he was adamant that he made the decisions.

When things were going bad he's making excuses.

Not an admirable quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Does someone write Scholes' answers off camera?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,890 ✭✭✭✭klose

While Rodgers hasn't been doing well this season, it's as if he's just this months scapegoat. His team selection was poor and it wasn't a good first half but he saw this, acknowledged his mistake and made changes at halftime. We played well in the second half up until the red card, Markovic wad running at players. Those saying the red card changed nothing are just being a bit stupid.

Well thats his own fault for starting with two painfully average full backs, an immobile striker whos played alot lately, a midfielder on the rw and a slow midfield devoid of creativity. I winced when i saw the team sheet released, hardly surprising we've reverted to or form of yesteryear, he's playing the same bloody players from then now! The difference when moreno and markovic came on was immediate, a pacy winger and a pacy full back who could provide width.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Turns out he was a passenger last season.

what do you mean?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

All I want for Christmas is Rafa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Europe League. Great excuse to break out the aul atlas.

F**ck sake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

That group was as close to a gimme as you can get.

Everyone should be beyond angry with how it turned out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

What do you expect when we are left with Martin Skrtl up front for the last few minutes? As far as we all know, Borini is not injured or otherwise ineligible so of course Rodgers has to face reactionary criticism (I'm not sure what other type of criticism there is btw, we can only go on what we see).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

It'll be even worse if Bournemouth are strike 3 :(

So when things were going good, he was adamant that he made the decisions.

When things were going bad he's making excuses.

Not an admirable quality.

Sure none of us actually know the ins and outs of the committee. The only thing I know is that it isn't working

As long as it comes with 4th place. I'd be upset if we get one without the other. I'd like the Europa League and the FA Cup.
    Actually fup, a cup treble.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,280 ✭✭✭slingerz

I'm now firmly in the Rodgers out camp

And I'm not easily swayed in that regards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Even more annoying that Markovic was looking decent before the sending off.

Probably his best 15 minutes at the club was before the red. Was getting on the ball and running at defenders.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Rodgers got it very wrong tonight. He's under enormous pressure

Rodgers got it very wrong tonight. He's under enormous pressure

He's got it wrong all season and shows no signs of getting it right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

B4cgw-nCAAE1bUn.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I wonder which member of the committe is leaking to the press that this player and that player isn't the player Rodgers wanted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

He's got it wrong all season and shows no signs of getting it right.
    What's even more worrying is even when he stumbles upon something that works, he decides to change things up again for the next game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭RED L4 0TH

Never agreed with the CL 3rd place finishers going into the EL, but here we are now. How will BR treat it I wonder?

If we get thrashed this Sunday Im in the Rodgers out camp.

We always play well against Utd no matter how bad our form was in the past but im dreading this Sunday.

RED L4 0TH wrote: »
    Never agreed with the CL 3rd place finishers going into the EL, but here we are now. How will BR treat it I wonder?

Realistically it's looking like the best chance of making the Champions League next season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

daRobot wrote: »
    Playing with no recognised striker for 45 mins when needing a goal in the Champions League.

Does anything more need to be said?

The thing is we looked better without a recognised striker. Shocking that Rodgers has got himself into that situation. However I reckon he is best starting without one against Utd at the weekend and get players with pace and technique into the team.
    Mig
    Johnson toure Skrtel moreno
    Lucas coutinho Hendo
    Sterling Gerrard lallana

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement