Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning in OP, 10/12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

We don't have a single *fit* striker thats good enough to play for Liverpool. Simple as that.

You are only as good as your strikers a man once said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

RED L4 0TH wrote: »
    Never agreed with the CL 3rd place finishers going into the EL, but here we are now. How will BR treat it I wonder?

Seriously I would imagine considering the winner gets a cl place next season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Realistically it's looking like the best chance of making the Champions League next season.

Then we have no chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

"We'll learn from this" :rolleyes:

we won't be back in it anytime soon to use the lessons we've learned ffs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I can't deal with this heartbreak every week.

• Advertisement

I was delighted with the sub's at halftime. What do the people crying about them want? To leave Lambert on the pitch? Markovic has played as a striker before and it was clear him and Sterling were going to interchange. I actually thought we looked much better and it was how we should have started the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Dayum

mikeym wrote: »
    If we get thrashed this Sunday Im in the Rodgers out camp.

We always play well against Utd no matter how bad our form was in the past but im dreading this Sunday.

We know exactly what the result will be this Sunday.

United were a shambles last year but they're not accepting the standard they've been showing...they're a club with ambition, vision. The same can't be said for Liverpool sadly....

Liverpool need to start paying serious wages to attract the talent required to start challenging in these competitions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Rodgers probably deserves until the end of the season because of how well we performed last year, but if we lose to both United and Arsenal next then I'd say he could get the sack. If the performances were even slightly encouraging I would sympathize with him a bit more but they are shocking performances every week, no goal threat whatsoever, we have looked slightly less likely to concede goals in the past few weeks but there is still no fluidity in our attacking play. I cannot believe how much of a turnaround it has been from last season.

His decision to leave Borini out again is bizarre, really made him look like a fool when we needed 2 goals but no striker on the pitch for 45 minutes. His signings have been extremely poor, some of them may go on to be good but at the moment you cannot say a single signing we made this summer has been a success, arguably Lallana but Rodgers doesn't play him, would have thought a game like tonight was perfect for one of our few players who look like they can chip in with a goal. I feel sorry for Rodgers nearly, it's as if there is so much going wrong he doesn't even know where to start, the first 45 mins tonight were an embarrassment.

If he loses against United and Arsenal there will be huge pressure on him and I wouldn't be surprised to see him go, at this stage I wouldn't trust him enough to give him money to spend in January and I can't see him turning the season around unfortunately. It's a great shame because last year Liverpool were a joy to watch and were so unlucky not to win the title, but the way it's going now I don't think anyone can expect to under perform this badly in a job and expect to keep it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

No surprise for me with this result, we d'ont have a proper striker, how the f@@k did we end up like this.

A caning is on the cards Sunday, we can't defend or attack. It is total chaos and the grim reaper is on the way.

Dayum wrote: »

United were a shambles last year but they're not accepting the standard they've been showing...they're a club with ambition, vision. The same can't be said for Liverpool sadly....

Liverpool need to start paying serious wages to attract the talent required to start challenging in these competitions.

Who are you? You seem familiar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I was delighted with the sub's at halftime. What do the people crying about them want? To leave Lambert on the pitch? Markovic has played as a striker before and it was clear him and Sterling were going to interchange. I actually thought we looked much better and it was how we should have started the game.

Might be just hindsight but we did. I know things wouldn't have panned out the same but those last 10 minutes would have been when Lambert could have been useful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Curse Gerrard anyway for giving me hope for the last ten minutes.

Cracking free kick by the way but his corners were shoite.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

Ambition, vision - not accepting the standard they've been showing? Great addition of bull**** to the thread.

Look we've not been good enough i think we can all agree over the campaign. BUT we've not had a Striker that can get us a goal out of nothing. Someone to be a fulcrum of the team.

All this Rodgers out nonsense ... it's a reflex reaction of typical armchair supporters that know nothing about football. Football is not always as straight forward as it seems. I agree that we've been poor to replace Suarez with the money we've gotten but nobody could forsee our next best striker being an absentee for 12+ weeks of the season before xmas!

Sleep it off lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 421 ✭✭e.r

Rembember when blackburn rovers were stuck for a striker they stuck chris samba up front!!
    Rodgers should at least try mix it up play prople in different positions because clearly it aint working atm

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Might be just hindsight but we did. I know things wouldn't have panned out the same but those last 10 minutes would have been when Lambert could have been useful.

In fairness I was in the thread before the game saying the same thing.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Liverpool can afford very good wages, but they cannot afford to pay utd level wages for top players except with perhaps 1-2 exceptions and even at that can't afford to pay the type of wages Rooney/van Persie/Mata/di Maria are on. Even Suarez, while getting a staggering amount of money earned less than any of those are getting at utd I believe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

e.r wrote: »
    Rembember when blackburn rovers were stuck for a striker they stuck chris samba up front!!
    Rodgers should at least try mix it up play prople in different positions because clearly it aint working atm

Ah yeah, the mighty Blackburn Rovers who are now in the bottom half of the Championship....... :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

You just know Liverpool will beat utd this weekend and he will get a contract extension

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

His decision to leave Borini out again is bizarre, really made him look like a fool when we needed 2 goals but no striker on the pitch for 45 minutes. His signings have been extremely poor, some of them may go on to be good but at the moment you cannot say a single signing we made this summer has been a success, arguably Lallana but Rodgers doesn't play him, would have thought a game like tonight was perfect for one of our few players who look like they can chip in with a goal. I feel sorry for Rodgers nearly, it's as if there is so much going wrong he doesn't even know where to start, the first 45 mins tonight were an embarrassment.

Is it really bizarre? I think it's as simple as Borini didn't go and Rodgers wanted rid of him ... and will never forgive him for staying. He will surely be gone in the transfer window. It would be ridiculous for Borini to stay, unfortunately we'll probably not get the same crazy amount of money.

Dunno how i look upon it in hindsight ... is Rodgers wrong for exiling him? He has used him before only to abandon that thereafter. Personally i think soon as Ballotelli was injured he had to go back to him ... sad for the club in any circumstance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

To all the Positive Liverpool fans I have a question.

Whats there to be positive about :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,678 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I cannot believe that we didnt qualify from that group . Ff s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 421 ✭✭e.r

kfallon wrote: »
    Ah yeah, the mighty Blackburn Rovers who are now in the bottom half of the Championship....... :pac:

Point being is he done a job when when no other player could

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Season is almost half over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Genuinely at a loss as to how we've ended up like this - seeing Skrtel trying to do a CF job at the end was almost as depressing as seeing Lambert start in a must win tie for about the 5th time in a couple of weeks.
    Wondering what Borini's done wrong and why, if he's injured, no-one at the club has confirmed it. If he's not it's just blatantly wrong.
    Cannot explain that first-half performance and, 10-15 minutes aside, the 2nd half either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

The fact that you'll probably thank everyone's posts on here tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Diabolical first half, better in the second.

Gerrards free kick though... Beautiful.

If I was interviewing Rodgers after the game, the first question would be..

What did Borini do on you, to not even include him in the match day squad?

I've a sneaking suspicion Rodgers is on Uniteds payroll to sabotage Liverpool.

Seems to be doing such a wonderful job. Keep him on 10/10.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Mr_Red

5starpool wrote: »
    Liverpool can afford very good wages, but they cannot afford to pay utd level wages for top players except with perhaps 1-2 exceptions and even at that can't afford to pay the type of wages Rooney/van Persie/Mata/di Maria are on. Even Suarez, while getting a staggering amount of money earned less than any of those are getting at utd I believe.

Well unless you bring these type of players in, You wont get the sponsorship and the financial income that comes with it.

You need to bring in 1 World class player each transfer window over the next few seasons to get to where you want to be.

United bought World class players to play the PL

Liverpool bought squad players to play CL

Completely backwards by both teams

Liverpool had the chance but your transfers have been shocking.

United have put in shocking performances because a third of the team are injured.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Is it really bizarre? I think it's as simple as Borini didn't go and Rodgers wanted rid of him ... and will never forgive him for staying. He will surely be gone in the transfer window. It would be ridiculous for Borini to stay, unfortunately we'll probably not get the same crazy amount of money.

Dunno how i look upon it in hindsight ... is Rodgers wrong for exiling him? He has used him before only to abandon that thereafter. Personally i think soon as Ballotelli was injured he had to go back to him ... sad for the club in any circumstance.

Rodgers/the club need to respect the contract they gave Borini. Just because they no longer want to play him (when he's fit and available to play) doesn't mean he should accept moving to a club he doesn't want to go to. Borini will do a deal for big wages with one of the Italian clubs either at Xmas or in the summer and just when it looks like we'll be stuck with him for another 6 months the Italian club will come in with an offer of €5m to take him off LFC's hands and LFC will have little choice but to take it otherwise he'll just see out his contract and leave for nothing.

Signing him to a big long term contract was a mistake LFC have to pay for not him.

No really...what's your game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

joe123 wrote: »
    We don't have a single *fit* striker thats good enough to play for Liverpool. Simple as that.

All that means is that Sturridge is the only striker we have that's good enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 404 ✭✭paddyh117

darced wrote: »
    Playing like absolute dogsh1te and still every chance of fourth,league cup,FA cup and Europa to come,all to play for yet.

Every chance of 4th?? Zero chance

Mask is slipping a bit mate. Not that it worked anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Mr_Red wrote: »
    Well unless you bring these type of players in, You wont get the sponsorship and the financial income that comes with it.

You need to bring in 1 World class player each transfer window over the next few seasons to get to where you want to be.

United bought World class players to play the PL

Liverpool bought squad players to play CL

Completely backwards by both teams

Liverpool had the chance but your transfers have been shocking.

United have put in shocking performances because a third of the team are injured.

What part of "WE DON'T HAVE AS MUCH MONEY AS UTD" don't you understand?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Raheem sterling so reminds me of Wright phillips breathtaking at times on the ball but end product very poor
    Thought loveran had a good game tonight for the first time
    Henderson was shocking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

It's funnier when people ignore it and he takes half an hour to come up with his next attempt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,297 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Stop repeating and replying

Raheem sterling so reminds me of Wright phillips breathtaking at times on the ball but end product very poor
    Thought loveran had a good game tonight for the first time
    Henderson was shocking

Sterling is about the least of our problems. Just about the only Liverpool player who you felt might make something happen.

• Advertisement

Ignore function for the likes of that.

Football.
    Mask is slipping a bit mate. Not that it worked anyway.
    It's funnier when people ignore it and he takes half an hour to come up with his next attempt.

No idea what you guys are talking about....

Everyone is allowed to be pissed off the night thats in it.

Sterling is about the least of our problems. Just about the only Liverpool player who you felt might make something happen.

Yeah his final ball was a bit out tonight but that hopefully will come with more experience, people have to remember that he just turned 20.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Mr_Red

You are the 10th most valuable team in the world.

True. I'll say no more.

Mr_Red wrote: »
    You are the 10th most valuable team in the world.

Another one for that world Rooney is in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

We're also in huge trouble if Henderson starts every game this season.
    Offers nothing. Runs around like a headless chicken.

Oh energy. That's what he offers right?

Allen brutal.
    Lucas playing well has to be said.

But no ****ing Coutinho? Can't get over that call by Rodgers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Will people stop mentioning Borini he would have done nothing tonight. The buck stops with the manager, the owners, ayre, the transfer committee who thought replacing suarez with Lambert and Balotelli was a good idea.
    Utter incompetence from the top to the bottom.

Is the same old story one step forward two steps back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,954 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Slattsy wrote: »
    We're also in huge trouble if Henderson starts every game this season.
    Offers nothing. Runs around like a headless chicken.

Oh energy. That's what he offers right?

Allen brutal.
    Lucas playing well has to be said.

But no ****ing Coutinho? Can't get over that call by Rodgers.

Why? Coutinho is hot and cold, yeah he looked alright when he came on but he's had some dire games this season too.

I thought Joe Allen was poor.

One good game in every 2 or 3 isn't good enough.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement