Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning in OP, 10/12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Even more annoying that Markovic was looking decent before the sending off.

Yes he looked as though his balls had dropped at last, then he goes and spoils it all with a needless girly flick of a foul. Gobsh1te!!

I will reserve the bulk of my disappointment for Rodgers though, he is not getting enough out of these players and that flows into a lack of real leadership on the pitch. Whatever about buying the wrong fracking players or forgetting to do the defensive coaching or the fecking up the strike force, this is what gets my goat the most :(:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,297 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

rob316 wrote: »
    Will people stop mentioning Borini he would have done nothing tonight. The buck stops with the manager, the owners, ayre, the transfer committee who thought replacing suarez with Lambert and Balotelli was a good idea.
    Utter incompetence from the top to the bottom.

Is the same old story one step forward two steps back.

I think it's more a point of playing 2 forwards or playing Borini 1st and then when needing a target man bring on a fresh Lambert

People give out about Gerrard too but no midfielder at the club is anywhere near him and him 34.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Why? Coutinho is hot and cold, yeah he looked alright when he came on but he's had some dire games this season too.

So you were happy with the midfield tonight?
    Knowing we needed a win.

Fair enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭pmy.murphy

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Yeah his final ball was a bit out tonight but that hopefully will come with more experience, people have to remember that he just turned 20.

Thats if hes still with us when he gains more experience, unless we get our act together hes off to Madrid in the next 2 years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Coutinho is hot and cold but he is the only midfielder who offers any kind of forward threat, maybe Lallana as well but he barely gets a look in.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    I thought Joe Allen was poor.

One good game in every 2 or 3 isn't good enough.

Waste of 15 million for me. We could have done a lot better for that amount

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Even more annoying that Markovic was looking decent before the sending off.

Felt sorry for the lad. Awful decision. Has to be given a chance to prove his worth other than few cameos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

The first fifteen minutes of the second half more of that please in every game .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

pmy.murphy wrote: »
    Thats if hes still with us when he gains more experience, unless we get our act together hes off to Madrid in the next 2 years

Sure imagine what we could do with the money.

Spend 25 million of it on Fabian Delph or someone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

I would NOT let Rodgers near a piggy bank.

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Felt sorry for the lad. Awful decision. Has to be given a chance to prove his worth other than few cameos

What appears to be an Awful decision was the correct one , the champions league is very different to the Premier league . It would have been a yellow card and no more in the premier league but in Europe challenges like that are always going to have the book thrown at you .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,954 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Slattsy wrote: »
    So you were happy with the midfield tonight?
    Knowing we needed a win.

Fair enough.

No but if we had lost with Coutinho on you'd just be calling for someone else who wasn't playing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Fowler87 wrote: »

Hopefully he doesn't get frozen out after tonight.

As for no midfielder being close to Gerrard, it's hard to judge that while he is constantly playing and preventing anyone else getting a chance.

• Advertisement

Lallana, Lovren, Moreno Markovic and Can.

5 players signed for 90m or so and none regulars.

Very weird

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

Mr Alan wrote: »
    I don't know.

But there has to be someone out there who could perform better than Rodgers is.

Someone who is capable of buying decent players would be a start

tbf fair Alan, no Liverpool managers really have got signings right consistantly in their tenure at Liverpool... has to be some kind of curse on us at this stage..

mada999 wrote: »
    tbf fair Alan, no Liverpool managers really have got signings right consistantly in their tenure at Liverpool... has to be some kind of curse on us at this stage..

In fairness when you are shopping in the second tier of players you have to take a risk and sometimes it will back fire on you big time .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

pmy.murphy wrote: »
    Waste of 15 million for me. We could have done a lot better for that amount

If you look at who we've bought since we spent 15m on him,I'm not sure we could have done a lot better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

There was been plenty of class signings over the last decade or so.

Rodgers has had more backing than any manager over that time & yet he has one good signing to his name. Shocking.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

In fairness when you are shopping in the second tier of players you have to take a risk and sometimes it will back fire on you big time .

Almost every time though is more than careless.

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Sack the manager who brought us to within a WHISKER of winning the league last year... did we learn nothing when we sacked Rafa during his tough run?

this year was always going to be mega tough with the extra games and losing possibly the best player we've ever had. We can't spend €60m on a striker. Do people really think that Rodgers wouldn't want the likes of Di Maria, Sanchez etc at the club??? I can't understand how anyone could think he doesn't deserve time to get it right?!?!

The performances have been really really poor and criticism of them is fully warranted. But all this "thats the last straw" malarkey is pure rubbish. We're not in the relegation zone lads. He's shown in the past he can get us playing well even without Suarez. A bit of patience from the supporters is the least we can give.

the thing that kills me is that he isn't playing all the summer signings, why not break the bank and buy guaranteed starters and stump up the cash for their wages... no point buying 5 mediocre players and leave the on the bench...may as well buy 2 class acts and pump up the squad with u21's....

yeah or no ?

Rodgers has had more backing than any manager over that time & yet he has one good signing to his name. Shocking.

In fairness though for every good player signed some of the players that have been signed where shockingly bad . I would love to know how LFC under BR does its transfer business .

Class signings sprinkled in amongst 4 or 5 times the amount of unmitiagated disasters

Our transfer record has been atricious. Rafa was the only one who got a few class signings almost all at once or during a small period of time but his record wasnt great either at times

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

the thing that kills me is that he isn't playing all the summer signings, why not break the bank and buy guaranteed starters and stump up the cash for their wages... no point buying 5 mediocre players and leave the on the bench...may as well buy 2 class acts and pump up the squad with u21's....

yeah or no ?

It's not only about wanting them players they have to want you , I would say Brendan realised in the summer it's not just about having money and because of that he had to drop a level with his signings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I still hope Rodgers can turn it around.

The fact is, the evidence is just piling up now to suggest that he just isn't capable.

Without Suarez and/or Sturridge, we simply shouldn't be this horrendous. I'm sorry, but it's impossible.

Augeo wrote: »
    I see Rodgers getting an unfair level of criticism from folks in here. Hysteric, moronic, reactionary criticism.

how is he getting unfair criticism?! please tell me...

he's bought muck, doesnt play them.. has a 32 yr old striker whos played a few games in a row and is wrecked and tbh totally not suited to the way we play.

he has Borini who he bought as a striker (not a big fan) but doesnt even have him on the bench....

Playing the second half of a champs league match and has no striker on :confused:

He deserves this season and more he is a young manager and if he can get it rolling again he'll have learnt a lot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

how is he getting unfair criticism?! please tell me...

he's bought muck, doesnt play them.. has a 32 yr old striker whos played a few games in a row and is wrecked and tbh totally not suited to the way we play.

he has Borini who he bought as a striker (not a big fan) but doesnt even have him on the bench....

Playing the second half of a champs league match and has no striker on :confused:

Hard to argue with most of this except the bolded part. Markovic, who hasn't looked great, was on fire before the red tonight. Lallana is a mystery. Lovren hasn't settled but looked a very good player at the Saints. Lambert was bought as a break glass in case of emergency striker and, well, started tonight strangely. And Mario is just Mario. Not entirely muck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Soups123 wrote: »
    He deserves this season and more he is a young manager and if he can get it rolling again he'll have learnt a lot

I suppose Allardyce and Pardew are good examples of managers who turned it around.

I don't think it's an unmitigated disaster just yet. The squad in general is decent, just need to get lots of goals into first team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭rob316

All I want to know is who is in charge of transfers at the club? The less and less rodgers plays them the more I believe he isn't responsible.

BMJD wrote: »
    What do you expect when we are left with Martin Skrtl up front for the last few minutes? .

was straight from the mourinho text book :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

rob316 wrote: »
    All I want to know is who is in charge of transfers at the club? The less and less rodgers plays them the more I believe he isn't responsible.

If that's the case he should be sacked and a manager who will play them should be hired.

Why do you think he didn't sign these players?

Which memeber of the committee is leaking to the press that Rodgers didn't want these players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Mr_Red

And risk your clubs reputation ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

was straight from the mourinho text book :(

If only he looked a little more at Jose's text book, he might learn something!

RED L4 0TH wrote: »
    Never agreed with the CL 3rd place finishers going into the EL, but here we are now. How will BR treat it I wonder?

well tbh there's better teams left in it than Basel... get Strurridge back and i think we have some kind of chance... but we'd have to let the league slip.. [even-though 4th is close it, may be close but too far :(]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 980 ✭✭✭barney 20v

Less Mourinho --- more.....

I was delighted with the sub's at halftime. What do the people crying about them want? To leave Lambert on the pitch? Markovic has played as a striker before and it was clear him and Sterling were going to interchange. I actually thought we looked much better and it was how we should have started the game.

was Markovic not on the right wing :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

barney 20v wrote: »
    Less Mourinho --- more.....

Rodgers' wishes he had his tactical nous!

• Advertisement

Mr_Red wrote: »
    And risk your clubs reputation ?

Not really he's not murdering baby's over there.

He's having a **** time of it but 20 games ago you'd have offered him a 5 yr contract. Outside of Chelsea this year most top teams are playing ****.

He deserves time to get it right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Lads read up on Rodgers last weeks at Reading. Very similar .

Give us the links then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Daniel Sturridge ‏@D_Sturridge 56m56 minutes ago

We fought hard man. Sat here devastated wishing I could have helped. We'll come back stronger from this and i'm working hard to do the same.

:(:(:(

Feel really sorry for Sturridge. He played a huge part in getting us into the Champions League and never even got to kick a ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Give us the links then.
    link :)

Not really he's not murdering baby's over there.

He's having a **** time of it but 20 games ago you'd have offered him a 5 yr contract. Outside of Chelsea this year most top teams are playing ****.

He deserves time to get it right

I would agree with you if it was his first season at the club aka Moyes

but I would think his job was to build on last season.

It would be lucky if he sees out the rest of the season.

Liverpool deserve more then that but i dont think it should be a testing ground for managers.

He built a foundation last season but his signings and team picking has left a lot to be desired

All this Rodgers out nonsense ... it's a reflex reaction of typical armchair supporters that know nothing about football. Football is not always as straight forward as it seems. I agree that we've been poor to replace Suarez with the money we've gotten but nobody could forsee our next best striker being an absentee for 12+ weeks of the season before xmas!

Sleep it off lads.

why didnt he throw cash and wages at a proper striker so ? :confused:
    He said we were not buying Ballotelli and then we bought him... i thought he'd do a job but he has been muck.. buy 2 superstars and fill the squad with u21's.. not buy mediocrity and keep them on the bench....reverting to Joe Allen (a failure at LFC in my eyes), starting Gerrard more than he should (coz he didnt buy better in the summer) and starting Ricky Lambert..wha ? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭S. Goodspeed

Other than the significant risk that further euro games will negatively impact our premiership campaign, have our chances of qualifying for the Champions League next year actually increased now?! Should be a lot easier (although on current form still not very likely) to win the Europa League than CL..

Liverpool deserve more then that but i dont think it should be a testing ground for managers.

If he had the same team and built on it but he has had to replace Suarez and hasn't had Sturridge that's a huge ask to improve. I think every Liverpool fan would agree consolidation was the aim this year not improvement

I just think Liverpool would be better giving him more time and support to see if last year was a fluke or not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭6am7f9zxrsjvnb

I think I've figured it out
    13/14 Suarez & Sturridge score lots of goals
    14/15 No Suarez & Sturridge

Sterling is about the least of our problems. Just about the only Liverpool player who you felt might make something happen.

Pretty difficult when there's 2 or 3 players around him and no one up front to pass to :confused:

I think I've figured it out
    13/14 Suarez & Sturridge score lots of goals
    14/15 No Suarez & Sturridge

Didnt you have 110 million to spend to replace Suarez?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement