Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning in OP, 10/12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

In fairness when you are shopping in the second tier of players you have to take a risk and sometimes it will back fire on you big time .

stump up the cash when you have Suarez in your team... tbh should have bought BIG last january

Mr Alan wrote: »
    There was been plenty of class signings over the last decade or so.

Rodgers has had more backing than any manager over that time & yet he has one good signing to his name. Shocking.
    below

Rodgers has had more backing than any manager over that time & yet he has one good signing to his name. Shocking.

AL are you serious Kenny bought some muck as well...he spent around £100m ? Benitez got Alonso, Torres, Masc but had a lot of duds too..we should be adding top top class into the team instead of £15m "decent" players....as I said the managers need to be more consistant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Markovic looked electric tonight. there is massive potential there but Rodgers would need to start playing the right team.
    I find it strange how borini is not on the bench. he seems to have falling out with sakho as well who I think is our only defender who can bring the ball forward and pass the ball with some purpose

Team against united for me would be.

Johnson Skrtel Lovren Moreno
    Lucas Can
    Henderson
    Markovic Sterling Gerard

mosstin wrote: »
    Hard to argue with most of this except the bolded part. Markovic, who hasn't looked great, was on fire before the red tonight. Lallana is a mystery. Lovren hasn't settled but looked a very good player at the Saints. Lambert was bought as a break glass in case of emergency striker and, well, started tonight strangely. And Mario is just Mario. Not entirely muck.

yeah so MUCK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

There is no need for argument on this - Liverpool bought very badly for the here and now, you cannot have almost all your eggs in the 'long term future' basket and expect to flourish in the short term. We all know that a top striker and a top midfielder were needed and neither were bought.

Whoever is in charge of the transfers they need to have a fundamental rethink.

There is no need for argument on this - Liverpool bought very badly for the here and now, you cannot have almost all your eggs in the 'long term future' basket and expect to flourish in the short term. We all know that a top striker and a top midfielder were needed and neither were bought.

Whoever is in charge of the transfers they need to have a fundamental rethink.

Totally agreed...buy quality and consolidate and then if you have some cash left over buy potential.. simples..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

It's great being **** again. Weeds out all the ****.

niallo27 wrote: »
    It's great being **** again. Weeds out all the ****.

please explain?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Give us the links then.

http://thetilehurstend.sbnation.com/2011/06/09/what-went-wrong-for-brendan-rodgers-at-reading-fc

It's an opinion piece that shows Rodgers has history.

Also as Agent Coulson said Google is your friend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭dixiefly

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Does someone write Scholes' answers off camera?
    Turty,
    Scholes called it correctly BEFORE the game while Robbie Fowler was more like a fan than a proper pundit.

Only realistic assessment came from Gerrard afterwards, Rogers in cloud cuckoo land.

mada999 wrote: »
    please explain?

People paying 2k for last game of season tickets. You know the crowd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Its much handier to have one fall guy.

Benitez V H&G.

Hodgson v I dont know, Himself maybee.

Comoli v Dalgleish.

Rodgers v Committee.

Fcuk it Blame Sakho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Its much handier to have one fall guy.

Benitez V H&G.

Hodgson v I dont know, Himself maybee.

Comoli v Dalgleish.

Rodgers v Committee.

Fcuk it Blame Sakho.

Should never have left him go to Villa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭pmy.murphy

Would love to see Suso in the team but for some reason Brendan hates him too even though hes class

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

pmy.murphy wrote: »
    Would love to see Suso in the team but for some reason Brendan hates him too even though hes class

He has also been injured for the last couple of months and not due back for another couple of weeks.

Knex. wrote: »

Left who?

He has also been injured for the last couple of months and not due back for another couple of weeks.

Not that Brendan would play him anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Dayum

Is there anyone here that will turn to the Rodgers Out camp if United annihilate Liverpool this Sunday?

Will that be the final straw for some?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I read somewhere I think thats there is a way to block a poster so you don't see their posts.

How do you do that?

Not that Brendan would play him anyway

... Yep, injury is immaterial :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Charlie19 wrote: »
    If I was interviewing Rodgers after the game, the first question would be..

What did Borini do on you, to not even include him in the match day squad?

This

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Its simply not acceptable to spend 215 odd million on 15/16 players in two and a half years and end up with only 3 of those players contributing to a starting line up on such a pivotal night. Never mind the fact that 2 of those players were Allen and Lambert.

Then you compound the error that we have seen a few times before by the manager starting Henderson wide left, a scene that has resulted in awfulness on previous days. How does the manager do this?. How do fans moan about Henderson?, he is stuck out there because the manager is a bit of a muppet tbh.

Over the last couple of years i have gone through Borini like a dose of salts on here and taken abuse for it. Scandalous how he is being treated, Lallana is a f*cking mystery too. And how does is come to be you can be picked to start v Madrid and Chelsea (Can) but barely get a kick in between then and now after actually doing quite well?.

Rodgers selections! Common sense does not live here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

http://thetilehurstend.sbnation.com/2011/06/09/what-went-wrong-for-brendan-rodgers-at-reading-fc

It's an opinion piece that shows Rodgers has history.

Also as Agent Coulson said Google is your friend

only thing i took out of that was:
    Where Rodgers does deserve stick is for his reluctance to play Matt Mills, his biggest signing and for one of the highest transfer fees in the club's history. Nobody will know the exact reasons for why Mills was dropped, but it was apparent to fans that Mills would be an upgrade over the Ingimarsson/Pearce partnership.

Augeo wrote: »
    ... Yep, injury is immaterial :rolleyes:

So your saying if Suso was there and fit he would be played? Bullsh!t

• Advertisement

I think Moreno, Can, Lallana and Markovic were good signings. I dont think they were good value for money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,954 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

So your saying if Suso was there and fit he would be played? Bullsh!t

He's saying we don't know, so don't assume and then slate the manager on something he hasn't done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

Dayum wrote: »
    Is there anyone here that will turn to the Rodgers Out camp if United annihilate Liverpool this Sunday?

Will that be the final straw for some?!

Have you not read any of the thread? Lots of people have already called for his sacking tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 980 ✭✭✭barney 20v

Mino= terrible distribution and decision making( Rodgers has him ****ting bricks)

Johnson = gone slow and a liability in defence.

Lovren = not the defensive leader we all hoped.

Skir= himself

Enrique = Johnson on the other side

Hendo= great heart &athlete but little else

Ste g= ste g

Allen= not good enough.

Luc= trying hard & scrapper but limited.

Stirling = gifted but over relied upon.

Lamb = too immobile - heart in the right place...severely limited technically

No pace in the team- set up like a team needing a draw not a win IMHO .

No width - no pace behind

Basel had us twigged from start- pushing up on goal kicks and the back four panicking , that set the tone.

A manager of LFC should not let this A. Happen, B. Continue

Trappatoni esq stuff tonight, heart breaking to watch nevermind the result!

I don't believe Brendan is the man to bring the club forward - no plastic fan here
    Honest assessment from an objective point of view.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭tastyt

Remy
    benteke
    bony
    wellbeck
    demba ba
    negrado

Just a handful from the premier league that could have easily been got at a reasonable price.

• Advertisement

Bony is the only player i'd consider from that list.

I would have taken a chance on remy.

Benteke is going to be a superstar at the very top I think. I think the rest are proven at premier league level and would have been a much better choice than balotelli and a lot more mobile and fitter than Lambert. I think most Liverpool fans would be happy with any of those strikers at the moment no??

Edit : I'm not suggesting these guys as long term replacements of Suarez

tastyt wrote: »
    Benteke is going to be a superstar at the very top I think. I think the rest are proven at premier league level and would have been a much better choice than balotelli and a lot more mobile and fitter than Lambert. I think most Liverpool fans would be happy with any of those strikers at the moment no??

Edit : I'm not suggesting these guys as long term replacements of Suarez

Benteke and particularly Bony would have scared the Sh1te out of Basel tonight.
    I'd have either before mario

Benteke is 24, has just about a 1 in 2 goal ratio in the premier league with a shocking villa side that create **** all for him. I have a few Belgian friends and when he was injured for the world cup they were disgusted. He is rated much much higher than lukaku over there.

I just think it's a matter of time before he is tearing it up at a top club. Be brilliant if Liverpool just went out and got him, maybe a cheeky January bid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Remy
    benteke
    bony
    wellbeck
    demba ba
    negrado

Just a handful from the premier league that could have easily been got at a reasonable price.

Benteke and Bony would have cost 30 million or more each.

I know in hindsight they would have been good deals but if that money was spent on them in the summer, a lot of fans would have been unhappy, particularly as Benteke was out for a long time with a serious injury and Bony is no more mobile than Lambert.

Negredo was also injured and would have cost a lot in wages and commanded a higher fee as City would have wanted more for him because he would be staying in the Premier League. Ba was on mega bucks too and in my opinion isn't good enough. Welbeck is a non starter because of the fact that he was a United man and after a donkeys years on the bench, he was only going to go to a team where he was assured a starting spot.

Of the players listed, Remy made the most sense. Cheap to buy and cheap wages and is the most similar to Suarez in style. Quick, bags of energy, good on the ball, etc.

Frankly not get Remy was a big blunder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Remy failed a medical. Supposedly, so.....he wasn't signed.

NukaCola wrote: »

Dodgy as fcuk- Chelsea then snapped him up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

barney 20v wrote: »

In fairness many players have failed medicals at one club and then promptly passed them at another. It depends what amount of risk the club is comfortable with.

There were also reports that it was a disagreement in agents fees or wages. We might never know the real reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

A striker would be great and all but we aren't even doing the basics right. There is just so much wrong all over the pitch I don't even want to get into it quite frankly.

5 points from that group is embarrassing. As much as i like BR, that is a big fail in proving he has what it takes to be a top coach consistantly.

Lose the next 2 EPL games and could realistically be out of the picture for top 4. BR has a lot of work to do.

• Advertisement

In fairness many players have failed medicals at one club and then promptly passed them at another. It depends what amount of risk the club is comfortable with.

There were also reports that it was a disagreement in agents fees or wages. We might never know the real reason.

Agreed- what's the bigger risk? Out of CL at group stage or signing Remy who would have given us a fighting chance IMHO ?

He's saying we don't know, so don't assume and then slate the manager on something he hasn't done.

Actually he wasnt playing Suso when he was fit apart from that League Cup game he got man of the match in. Think Suso was on the bench for one more league game after that before he got injured

Suso is quality

Knex. wrote: »

Ah..

I C okko.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,051 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

barney 20v wrote: »

I still think not signing him was the right move. Frankly if as much care was taken in evaluating all of our signings, we'd be in a better position.

As for the mystery over the deal, as we discussed at the time, if it wasn't truly a failed medical (or worse), his camp would have immediately been out saying those were false reports, as it completely damaged their product. Instead they stayed quiet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

:(:(:(

Feel really sorry for Sturridge. He played a huge part in getting us into the Champions League and never even got to kick a ball.

I hope he doesn't feel too bad about it....injured feelings would probably keep him out for the rest of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

I Would imagine that this happened . If it didn't the player and agent would have denied it down to the ground .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Didn't remy not sign because he wanted to play in London?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

bad2dabone wrote: »
    Didn't remy not sign because he wanted to play in London?

A lot of people say he failed a medical . So I don't know what went on at all .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

A lot of people say he failed a medical . So I don't know what went on at all .

My theory is that they were made aware of Balotellis availability and decided on him instead.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement