Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning in OP, 10/12

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

bad2dabone wrote: »
    Didn't remy not sign because he wanted to play in London?

Redknapp was giving out about liverpool pulling out of the deal so think your wrong there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

"Magnificant" second half display.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Redknapp was giving out about liverpool pulling out of the deal so think your wrong there.

I think he knows it too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

MD1990 wrote: »
    Who would u bring in to replace him?
    After last season Rodgers deserves until the end of the season to fix things.

No he doesn't. This is a mess of his own making that he isn't demonstrating an ability to fix. The last time he got here as a manager, Reading had to can him. FSG may be forced to do the same thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,949 ✭✭✭dogbert27

This is starting to feel like the 02/03 season and the 09/10 season.

We won the League Cup in 2003 but it was still a crap season overall.

We got to the semi-final of the Europa League in 2010 but again was a crap season overall.

Both seasons we kept thinking the manager would turn it around with time.

Some people are saying that Rodgers could be gone if we get hammered by Arsenal and United. Kevin Kilbane made a very good point last night on TV3 saying it's not those two games that Rodgers should be worried about, it's the cup game against Bournemouth.
    If we don't win that, and convincingly, then I think he is in trouble.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

ah sorry, i thought it was because: london.

SlickRic wrote: »
    That group was as close to a gimme as you can get.

Everyone should be beyond angry with how it turned out.

Right. The Rodgers defenders on here need to take a hard look in the mirror. Failing to qualify from such a weak group is a damning indictment of Rodger's abilities.

Suarez carried him on his back. The sooner we move on from this nonsense the better to be frank. I don't know what the future holds, but a manager who can't drag a Livepool squad through that European group is not appropriate for this great club.

Oh and a hearty **** you to all the Gerrard haters too. He nearly dug us out of the mire himself one last time. The endless bitching about him is utterly ridiculous. He's way down our problem list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

How, exactly, is a group containing Madrid and Basel considered "weak".

Basel are NOT a bad side, contrary to popular opinion, they have regularly troubled EPL sides in this competition, Madrid are the current Champions.

The fact that people are downplaying the group stinks of an agenda.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Basel are NOT a bad side, contrary to popular opinion, they have regularly troubled EPL sides in this competition, Madrid are the current Champions.

oh come on, that was a very very handy group, second place was there for the taking. Most fans on here were delighted with the draw, a glamour tie vs Real, a handy couple of games vs Ludogarets and two games vs Basel which liverpool should have been capable of getting at least 4 points from.
    Basel are a decent side but liverpool should be beating them at home to qualify.
    1 win out of those 6 games is very weak, very very poor.

• Advertisement

Also 'lol Lloyd' and all that but there's a manager out there who'd be well capable of taking this squad and negotiating the Europa League with them.

**** me the starting selection and approach last night has me boiling. Ineptitude personified. Slow, staid and a complete absence of pace or intensity. What is the ****ing point in qualifying for the CL of that's what you're going to do with it?

Argh

Nonsense, that is as weak a group as Liverpool have ever faced in the group stages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Right. The Rodgers defenders on here need to take a hard look in the mirror. Failing to qualify from such a weak group is a damning indictment of Rodger's abilities.

Suarez carried him on his back. The sooner we move on from this nonsense the better to be frank. I don't know what the future holds, but a manager who can't drag a Livepool squad through that European group is not appropriate for this great club.

You are being ridiculous. The Rodgers defenders? FFS give it over will ya.

Also 'lol Lloyd' and all that but there's a manager out there who'd be well capable of taking this squad and negotiating the Europa League with them.

you still banging the Dalglish drum?

NukaCola wrote: »
    You are being ridiculous. The Rodgers defenders? FFS give it over will ya.

No. Suarez became a god of world football and Rodgers rode him to contention before being owned by Mourinho when it mattered the most. We're quickly moving towards a point where the majority of games he's managed Liverpool for have been poor. I'm ****ing raging.

you still banging the Dalglish drum?

?

No.

So, who do you want in?

Stick or twist time, the board have been looking at AVB - are you looking for that particular change? someone else available?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭benny79

Here's a question for all you Rodgers lovers! He has Mig playing the ball on the ground out to 1 of the back 4, he clearly is **** at this as was evident last nite (and noted by all pundits on utv & Tv3) and Basel copped it straight away and pressured as soon as Mig touched the ball and put us under severe pressure when all he had to do was kick it up the pitch.

Now it was clear to see that this was not working (and never has this season) and was going to lead to us conceding. I could see this, all the commentators could see his and way hey what happens we concede from it!

So is that Rodgers doing or Mig?

Bad Management! end off....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

So, who do you want in?

Stick or twist time, the board have been looking at AVB - are you looking for that particular change? someone else available?

A lot of people on twitter seem to want Rafa back.
    I'd rather someone different. Someone with a clean slate in relation to the club.

But who's out there and available is the question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

No. Suarez became a god of world football and Rodgers rode him to contention before being owned by Mourinho when it mattered the most. We're quickly moving towards a point where the majority of games he's managed Liverpool for have been poor. I'm ****ing raging.

So. Rodgers deserves no praise for last season. Its all because of Suarez and you want Rafa Benitez back?

I mean its rational to be upset and annoyed but to suggest our manager should be sacked is a step too far for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Right, I am in no way defending Rodgers.

BUT, who would we be able to get in to manage mid way through the season that isnt fcuking atrocious?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

So, who do you want in?

You know exactly who he is referring to.

Hint: He is one of your favourite people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I'd say Martin O'Neiil could be tempted away from the Irish job.

Vicxas wrote: »

BUT, who would we be able to get in to manage mid way through the season that isnt fcuking atrocious?

Rafael Benitez.

Oh, it's the Rafa drum Lloyd is beating.

fkn hell.

How's he doing in Naples?

Rafael Benitez.

Really?

Hes not exactly setting the world alight in Italy....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,890 ✭✭✭✭klose

De boer perhaps? Would inherit a good academy and a crop of good young players. Would also hooefully tell skrtel,enrique,johnson and mignolet to all leave as they are not good enough.

Napoli are currently outside the CL spots, and in the EL.

Pretty similar, no?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

funny how the players suddenly realised they had something to fight for... how they did not start like that is mind boggling... not just this game...

manager is hardly sending them out there saying 'you be crap,you crap..and all of ye play crap as well'. these players can play far better...the just are not giving it everything..

hangover from last year.. I'm convinced of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Rodgers has bought poorly and even the decent players he bought moreno and lallana he rarely picks. However the loss of sturridge has really cost him. We looked decent the first 3 games and it's fallen apart without sturridge . With sturridge it's reasonable to expect we would have 6 extra points in the league and be top 4 and a good chance we would have got out of the CL group. Obviously rodgers has to take blame for not having better sturridge replacements but he has been unlucky that our key player has missed the first half of the season.

klose wrote: »
    De boer perhaps? Would inherit a good academy and a crop of good young players. Would also hooefully tell skrtel,enrique,johnson and mignolet to all leave as they are not good enough.

I do remember DeBoer turned us down as he was just in the door at Ajax...

Skrtel and Mig are absolutely atrocious with the ball at their feet.

Really?

Hes not exactly setting the world alight in Italy....

In the previous two seasons he won a EL and an Italian Cup with two third place finishes in a row in different leagues.

Napoli currently have 24 pets from 14 games in 5th and are two points off Genoa in 3rd. They've lost twice in the league. So doing okay.

Benitez is a stable option; loves the club; has demonstrated a consistent ability to get a team up the league and win trophies throughout his career.

Is he gettable?

Why would he leave that Napoli side to come to a pretty mediocre Liverpool?

I know the Naples fans are a bit against him too.

But still, it's forward you should be looking, not back to some past glories.

• Advertisement

Is he gettable?

I think if FSG approached him he'd jump at the chance.

There's no point looking forward if you can't attract an option with better pedigree than him imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

In the previous two seasons he won a EL and an Italian Cup with two third place finishes in a row in different leagues.

Napoli currently have 24 pets from 14 games in 5th and are two points off Genoa in 3rd. They've lost twice in the league. So doing okay.

Benitez is a stable option; loves the club; has demonstrated a consistent ability to get a team up the league and win trophies throughout his career.
    Benitez hasn't done a great job at Napoli. Not bad either just okay. Roma have overtaken them since Benitez arrived. We should give Rodgers until the end of the seasom & if things don't improve look at Klopp.

Is he gettable?

His family live there and he loves the club.

I never thought we'd be seriosuly discussing Rafa talk so soon after last season.

Putrid, putrid season.

Absolutely no faith that it will get any better.

A 100m striker in Jan wouldn not chnage the fundamental problems the team has in terms of defence, fludity and structure.

I just think that going over past managers would be a bad idea.

Previous manager case and point, but thats just my opinion...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

one of the biggest problems is that Rodgers seems to just be throwing a ton of stuff at the wall and hoping to God that something sticks.

he has no idea what his best team is. there is no conviction in any of his team selections, and there is no conviction in how the team plays.

Lucas has come in, and while he's solidified things to a degree, he now seems undroppable after being a very much a bit part player. It's like Rodgers has just found him.

he also seems to not trust Can and Lallana, even though on occasions this season they have been stand-out players in our performances (not saying much, but still). Lallana in particular must be completely baffled.

what is really worrying is that Rodgers is showing absolutely no signs of being able to dig us out of it. now, that's not to say he must be sacked. for instance, we've seen how Pardew and Allardyce have prospered when given a bit more time.

but make no mistake, we are in the midst of a crisis.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Haven't read the thread much and I'm sure it's been mentioned but the team selection was all wrong last night and Rodgers needs to take the brunt of the blame for us not being in the last 16.

I don't think Henderson, Gerrard, Allen AND Lucas should ever all be on the pitch at the sane time. That's centre mid overkill.

We needed to win the game and to not see one of Coutinho or Lallana starting was mind boggling.

Starting Enrique ahead of Moreno proved a poor decision also and like i said we needed to win the game and take it to them from the off. You want fast intense players who can press and create for that.

Unfortunately it was Basle who imposed and intimidated us with intense pressing and quick passing. They looked far the better side in yhe 1st half

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭benny79

Lads Benitez is defo not the answer I don't know who is! But Benitez won't be a goer with FSG anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

I dont think Benitez is the answer. He had his time with Liverpool and while at times epic it ultimately fizzled out and I dont think he is the man to take us forward.

If we are to move on from Rodgers then something new is needed. Klopp would be my 1st choice at the end of the season but thats pie in the sky realistically.

I would not be a fan of getting rid of Rodgers now mid season. We are however in dire straits and I think the only thing that will save him is getting top 4 again which we look a look way off at the moment.

The inability so get a striker - be it Rodgers and the committee or FSG or whoever - is utterly sickening. I am not a fan of Ballotelli but wasnt dismayed by his signing as he can be a decent option but we absolutely needed someone else. We should have broke the wage bank for Sanchez.... he is exactly what we need.

I am f*cking devastated this morning. That Basel team were no great shakes and we shouldnt have lost to them in Basel.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Is there anyone who believes Marko shouldn't have been sent off last night?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

noodler wrote: »
    Skrtel and Mig are absolutely atrocious with the ball at their feet.

but but Skrtel is the 4th choice striker??
    Morzadec wrote: »
    I don't think Henderson, Gerrad, Allen AND Lucas should ever all be on the pitch at the sane time. That's centre mid overkill.

We needed to win the game and to not see one of Coutinho or Lallana starting was mind boggling.

Thats the crux of it for me, you can point to injuries etc, but it was still quite a winnable game if that selection was more balanced. Its not like its an "attacking" side if you make that one change....just a bloody balanced one? Really really frustrating.

Augmerson wrote: »

Everyone, there was no contact.

Everyone, there was no contact.

If only he hadn't of scrawbed away at head level then when he had beaten his man.

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭kop77

no,

he deserved red for been fcuking stupid alone!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2g-9xhHY3EElcz4jE6HsNTFksce1EjVP4G2lH-DV1es4TDen4

Very harsh

But he was silly for trying to wave good bye to the fella.

I can't remember now but the ref is to the right of Marko?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement