Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning in OP, 10/12

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭kop77

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2g-9xhHY3EElcz4jE6HsNTFksce1EjVP4G2lH-DV1es4TDen4

Very harsh

But he was silly for trying to wave good bye to the fella.

I don't think it was harsh at all....

after watching it again, Markovic looked back at the player twice as he began to run away from him and then flung back the hand....no need to do it at all, Daft!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,280 ✭✭✭slingerz

at least with Benitez you could be confident that we would be able to defend at least.

I think that if we want to play 4-2-3-1 then we need to improve a number of positions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kunkka

Vicxas wrote: »
    Everyone, there was no contact.

Look where the ref was standing. The gesture towards the face was enough for the ref to believe he struck the guy in the face. It angered me in the replay seeing him make an absolute meal of it but it was still ****ing stupid from Marko to do it. He's been a disaster for us.

On changing the manager AGAIN. I think it would be stupid to get rid of Rodgers mid season. We had our best and most exciting PL season with him just last year. He's been very unlucky with Sturridge's injuries as Rodger's main system relies on a reliable front man as a focal point. One thing I would blame him on was the signings this summer and even at that other people had a huge input in to that. The last thing we need is ANOTHER upheaval to be honest. Some Liverpool fans are some of the most impatient in the world. :mad: Not to mention their opinions change when it suits them :rolleyes:

As for Rafa I loved him at the club & have the height of respect for him but one thing modern football has shown us in nearly ever circumstance is going back hardly ever works & is normally a disaster. Nostalgia & other ****e gets in the way then it becomes hard to part ways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

We don't have the type of striker needed to player 4231 IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Daemonic

Silly to wave his arm like that as he gave the ref a decision to make but it looks to me like he thought the guy was closer behind than he was and was expecting his arm to be across the guys chest to just push him back a bit while propelling himself forward. But, he misjudged it by a couple of feet and the Basel player made the most of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

He thought yer man was closer to him and tried to brush him off with his hand. No red-card & no discussion please. Thought the ref was terrible at different stages last night. Not that I could blame him overall though

How bad was Lambert? Behind his man and everything coming off him. Even before Gerrard took that free-kick I was thinking to myself let someone else take it... such was his level of performance up to then. He was everywhere after that. The day Henderson is a left winger I'll eat my hat. Tactically set-up terribly last night. I can't understand for the life of me what Lallana has to do to get on the pitch. And don't even get me started on Mignolet!

I have supported Brendan from day 1 but he is under serious pressure at the moment and I am afraid he might not be able to recover the situatoin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

kop77 wrote: »
    I don't think it was harsh at all....

after watching it again, Markovic looked back at the player twice as he began to run away from him and then flung back the hand....no need to do it at all, Daft!!
    That is the key point in all this. Markovic looked back twice, knew a player would be just behind his shoulder and struck out. Whether he actually struck or not, the intent was there. It was cowardly behaviour and it makes me question whether he even wanted to be on the pitch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Could be worse...

bdky1k.png

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭kop77

He thought yer man was closer to him and tried to brush him off with his hand. No red-card & no discussion please. Thought the ref was terrible at different stages last night. Not that I could blame him overall though

How bad was Lambert? Behind his man and everything coming off him. Even before Gerrard took that free-kick I was thinking to myself let someone else take it... such was his level of performance up to then. He was everywhere after that. The day Henderson is a left winger I'll eat my hat. Tactically set-up terribly last night. I can't understand for the life of me what Lallana has to do to get on the pitch. And don't even get me started on Mignolet!

I have supported Brendan from day 1 but he is under serious pressure at the moment and I am afraid he might not be able to recover the situatoin

watch the replay...

the rest I agree on,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Oh and a hearty **** you to all the Gerrard haters too. He nearly dug us out of the mire himself one last time. The endless bitching about him is utterly ridiculous. He's way down our problem list.

This is completely missing the point of the Gerrard criticism.

Everyone couldn't understand why he was being played as a DM when he was no good in that position. He's finally showing that he's good now that he's been moved further up the pitch.

He sure is down our problem list, however that problem list hasn't changed at all. We need a much better DM.

tok9 wrote: »

Everyone couldn't understand why he was being played as a DM when he was no good in that position. He's finally showing that he's good now that he's been moved further up the pitch.

He sure is down our problem list, however that problem list hasn't changed at all. We need a much better DM.

I disagree. I thought he was poor until he hit the free-kick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Oh and a hearty **** you to all the Gerrard haters too. He nearly dug us out of the mire himself one last time. The endless bitching about him is utterly ridiculous. He's way down our problem list.

This isn't American Football where you can simply bring on a dedicated special teams player when ever you want. The odd goal from a set piece that Gerrard scores doesn't make him for his terrible play in pretty much every other facet of the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

The whole bloody team was poor!!

There aren't many players who played better than poor last night.

Gerrard is definitely playing better now since we aren't relying on him defensively. I don't think there is any denying that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

But people on here wanted him dropped from the matchday squad altogether. Nothing left to offer the team, his legs are gone etc etc.
    Time and time again he's proven he's the only one that ever stands up and produces something when needed.

Last night he was not perfect by any means..again trying to force the issue with some of his passing, his set pieces were terrible...but when the chips were down who came up with the goods to try and get us out of a hole? Gerrard.

We're basically digging our own grave with the passing round at the back. The contrast between them and us last night could not have been greater. They were everything we would have wanted in our team...quick feet, good movement, control, good link up play...actually turning with the ball!!, and pressing the opposition high up the pitch. Everything we were doing last year.

Mignolet passing to his centre backs or lucas when they have a player on them is not doing anyone any favours.

• Advertisement

tok9 wrote: »

The criticism of Gerrard has been personal. It hasn't been his fault that the manager was putting him in a poor position relative to the current setup (last year it worked better when we were pressing and playing on the break with pace). Gerrard is still doing his thing as best he can and - as much as it's a damning indictment of our squad and how we've used our resources - in a pinch he's still one of the most likely to make something happen.
    This isn't American Football where you can simply bring on a dedicated special teams player when ever you want. The odd goal from a set piece that Gerrard scores doesn't make him for his terrible play in pretty much every other facet of the game.

Nonsense. Aside from the goal, he helped drive the pressure and create opportunities during the last section of the game. He was involved in a huge amount that was good.

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    But people on here wanted him dropped from the matchday squad altogether. Nothing left to offer the team, his legs are gone etc etc.
    Time and time again he's proven he's the only one that ever stands up and produces something when needed.

Last night he was not perfect by any means..again trying to force the issue with some of his passing, his set pieces were terrible...but when the chips were down who came up with the goods to try and get us out of a hole? Gerrard.

We're basically digging our own grave with the passing round at the back. The contrast between them and us last night could not have been greater. They were everything we would have wanted in our team...quick feet, good movement, control, good link up play...actually turning with the ball!!, and pressing the opposition high up the pitch. Everything we were doing last year.

Mignolet passing to his centre backs or lucas when they have a player on them is not doing anyone any favours.

The second part I have bolded is the reason I don't want Gerrard (or Lambert) starting. Those things you listed are basically very difficult to do with Gerrard and Lambert in the team.

Oh and a hearty **** you to all the Gerrard haters too..............

I do hope we can say the same to you regarding Rodgers in the not too distant future
    ............ but a manager who can't drag a Livepool squad through that European group is not appropriate for this great club.

Nonsense. Aside from the goal, he helped drive the pressure and create opportunities during the last section of the game. He was involved in a huge amount that was good.

All of the players improved a lot in those last 10 minutes though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

barney 20v wrote: »
    Dodgy as fcuk- Chelsea then snapped him up.

Chelsea are willing to work with a far higher level of Risk than most clubs

Ba was rejected by several clubs after a medical and they signed him up as well.
    I would guess it is related to what they are willing to risk on back up striker into that squad compared to what we are (and most other clubs in our financial postion) i would not be looking at the Remy deal as the problem of the summer ,it is deal i have the least issue with.

• Advertisement

The whole bloody team was poor!!

I obviously know that. Alot of the team are not good enough, end of. I've preached on here before about Mignolet and the defence and the general shambles we are back there. Why should Gerrard be exempt from criticism

The manager played Gerrard as DM and it hasn't worked out this season. Let's not forget the games he's played in this position where he has not made a single tackle. Now the manager has decided he isn't good enough to play here and has put him up as the orthodox number 10 position, which is surely a position Lallana or Coutinho should be occupying. The days of Gerrard being the explosive midfield player being able to play in this position are long gone. He doesn't have the power in his legs. Watch any shot he took last night in general play. This is by no means a criticism just a reality.

Seems to me Brendan is now facilitating Gerrard and does not seem to know his best position? He was terrible IMO for 70 minutes. He nearly dragged us through single handedly after that. But where is the consistency? We can't rely on a superman effort every week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Crash Bang Wall

martyos121 wrote: »
    All I want for Christmas is Rafa.

Or Klopp, or Simeone, or.....someone else

For me Its obvious that Rodgers isnt up to the task. Suarez and Sturridge hid the defensive failings we had last season, and now we can neither defend properly, or score

The manager bears grudges that dont benefit the team. Look at Borini for example. A game we need to win, and we have a fully fit international striker left out of the squad. It also looks to me like he has a problem with Sakho as well

His decision making...last night 2 out of Lucas Allen and Henderson should have started with Lallana or Coutinho playing instead of the third. Instead he plays Henderson as an attacker wide on the left!!

The players are devoid of confidence, and the mananger doesnt inspire it, and I cant bear to think what a poor Utd side will do to us at the weekend.

I hope he turns it around, I really do, but I cant see it happening.

I support the team, but fcuk me, some of the decisions are baffling to say the least

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

The malaise is effecting everyone at the moment, there is no movement or conviction anywhere.

Sterling was really relly poor last night by his high standards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

This is why you need a strong number 2 and backroom staff. Its part of the problem at Arsenal too. Somebody to talk things through with him, get him to try different players and different systems. "Brendan, look at our last 20 matches. Things aren't working. Why don't we try X here and drop Y and instead of telling the players to do this, why don't we...." and so on.

Rodgers needs to go. Be it now or at the end of the season, he's in a rut and shows no signs of getting out of it. He's selecting the wrong team and he's been mediocre in his purchases.

Basel aren't as bad as people here are making out, but you would still expect Liverpool to have taken second in that group.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

People still don't seem to get it. The problem isn't the formation and the problem isn't whether Borini plays or not. The problem is that we just have too many squad players now.

Lambert should be nowhere near the starting 11 for a CL side.
    Borini's goalscoring record for us is just horrific.
    Markovic hasn't gotten any goals/assists since joining us.
    Lallana - jury still out on him.
    Coutinho has a few moments of magic but has been very inconsistent.
    Henderson is one I feel who reached his plateau last year, a decent player but not top 4.
    Allen has shown that he's a 6/7 out of 10 player, 95% of the time,

When you look at the squad - which players of ours would be automatic starters in a top 4 team? I have no idea if it's the committee's fault, or if it's Rodgers fault, but the simple fact of the matter is that we have bought most mediocre players. You can juggle formations/tactics/players all you want, but when the quality isn't there, you can't expect miracles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Augmerson wrote: »
    Is there anyone who believes Marko shouldn't have been sent off last night?

I think it was a harsh sending off but it had to be given. I don't think he actually meant to flick him in the face, it looked like he thought he was closer to him and he was trying to push him off but whatever way the defenders body moved Markovics hand ended up flicking him in the face, and that's a red card offence unfortunately.

Agree with all of this post pretty much. Henderson out wide, Lallana and Coutinho on the bench, no substitute striker.. Was Enrique unfit or did he just have a nightmare 45 minutes? Either way seemed a poor decision to start him.

We can't rely on a superman effort every week

Sad fact is that is what we're relying on, and who's more likely to provide that? Markovic, Lallana, Coutinho, Sterling or Gerrard?

We saw against Sunderland he had to come on and try and win it when no-one else stepped up.
    No-one else stepped up against Stoke either.
    No-one else stepped up last night as well when we needed someone.

People still don't seem to get it. The problem isn't the formation and the problem isn't whether Borini plays or not. The problem is that we just have too many squad players now.

Henderson is one I feel who reached his plateau last year, a decent player but not top 4.

When you look at the squad - which players of ours would be automatic starters in a top 4 team? I have no idea if it's the committee's fault, or if it's Rodgers fault, but the simple fact of the matter is that we have bought most mediocre players. You can juggle formations/tactics/players all you want, but when the quality isn't there, you can't expect miracles.

So much potential and resale value though!! :rolleyes:

Sad fact is that is what we're relying on, and who's more likely to provide that? Markovic, Lallana, Coutinho, Sterling or Gerrard.

We saw against Sunderland he had to come on and try and win it when no-one else stepped up.
    No-one else stepped up against Stoke either.
    No-one else stepped up last night as well when we needed someone.

Gerrard was a great player who can still produce moments of magic.
    Bar Sterling, I don't think any of the rest have the potential to be great.

Kirby wrote: »
    This is why you need a strong number 2 and backroom staff. Its part of the problem at Arsenal too. Somebody to talk things through with him, get him to try different players and different systems. "Brendan, look at our last 20 matches. Things aren't working. Why don't we try X here and drop Y and instead of telling the players to do this, why don't we...." and so on.

Said that on here before as well, are Pascoe and Marsh just "Yes men"?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭rob316

There just isn't any quality in the squad, bar Sterling who's only 20 and Sturridge when he's fit, there isn't a single player our rivals would be banging the door down for. The fact that is the case after spending £110m is shocking.

But when the squad isn't there you expect your manager to use the squad to maximise the results. Rodgers seems incapable of doing that. We saw in the last 10 minutes this team was capable of turning over Basel. However due to Rodgers picking a horrendous first 11 and tactics to start the game we were facing a huge uphill battle in the second half.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

That was a cracker of a goal from Gerrard.
    Rodgers made a great decision in bringing off Enrique.
    Taking off Lambert was also a great decision, he seen how Sterling was exploiting the Basle team with his pace, bringing in Markovic would help Sterling in driving forward. We seen this was effective until the sending off.
    So 2 pretty decent tactical changes by the manager.

It was a bit naive from Lazar, he was putting his arm out to hold off the player, but he was not as close (even after two looks over the shoulder) as he though, and his hand caught the chap in the face. So he was swinging out at the player, and did catch him in the face, so it it pains me to say the red is the right decision. If the chap was a few inches closer where Lazar though he was, it would just have been a brush off.

In relation to putting Gerrard in the #10 slot, I can easily see why he was moved out of that role, he doesnt have the burst of pace he used to have. Where he was clear on goal and the keeper made a great save, the Gerrard of old would have been on the ball faster and had it slotted away.

Henderson was an unsung hero last night, the effort he put in from the first minute. He was constantly defending, and was involved in almost all our action in front of thier goal. It's a shame that he was shunted into a position to accomodate Allen, Gerrard and Lucas.

Probably going to be slated for this, but Mignolet kept our hopes alive in that match, he had to make a few saves in the last 10 minutes when they were countering.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    That was a cracker of a goal from Gerrard.
    Rodgers made a great decision in bringing off Enrique.
    Taking off Lambert was also a great decision, he seen how Sterling was exploiting the Basle team with his pace, bringing in Markovic would help Sterling in driving forward. We seen this was effective until the sending off.
    So 2 pretty decent tactical changes by the manager.

It was a bit naive from Lazar, he was putting his arm out to hold off the player, but he was not as close (even after two looks over the shoulder) as he though, and his hand caught the chap in the face. So he was swinging out at the player, and did catch him in the face, so it it pains me to say the red is the right decision. If the chap was a few inches closer where Lazar though he was, it would just have been a brush off.

In relation to putting Gerrard in the #10 slot, I can easily see why he was moved out of that role, he doesnt have the burst of pace he used to have. Where he was clear on goal and the keeper made a great save, the Gerrard of old would have been on the ball faster and had it slotted away.

Henderson was an unsung hero last night, the effort he put in from the first minute. He was constantly defending, and was involved in almost all our action in front of thier goal. It's a shame that he was shunted into a position to accomodate Allen, Gerrard and Lucas.

Probably going to be slated for this, but Mignolet kept our hopes alive in that match, he had to make a few saves in the last 10 minutes when they were countering.

Great decisions? :pac: Enrique and Lambert were both absolutely awful, anything other than taking them off would have been a mistake.

The criticism of Gerrard has been personal. It hasn't been his fault that the manager was putting him in a poor position relative to the current setup (last year it worked better when we were pressing and playing on the break with pace). Gerrard is still doing his thing as best he can and - as much as it's a damning indictment of our squad and how we've used our resources - in a pinch he's still one of the most likely to make something happen.

What do you mean it's been personal?

I know it's not Gerrard's fault that he is played as a DM. Rodgers has been criticised by people on this very thread regarding that. Along with only playing 1 striker, not using Borini at all etc.

It's an internet forum, no need to brand everyone under the same brush just to try and prove how "right" you are.

Kirby wrote: »
    Basel aren't as bad as people here are making out, but you would still expect Liverpool to have taken second in that group.

Basel clearly aren't a 'bad' side. They're a solid outfit with good European experience. Still though, the task in the group was pretty straightforward:

Play for pride against Real
    Beat Basel over two legs
    Beat the Bulgarian side twice

And you progress. Anyone thinking you'll ever have an easier CL draw (particularly as 3rd seeds!!) are kidding themselves. I remember during the Evans era watching Liverpool slide out of the UEFA to Brondby. Hanson was on BBC at the time (who had the tie for whatever reason that year) and his post match analysis was pretty fair and to the point: 'when you go out of Europe you have to look at the team that knocked you out and what's left around them and ask if they can win it? If they have no chance then it's a pretty bad statement about where you are.'

Basel are decent. But every team remaining in the draw would love to draw them on Friday. That's what's up. Our inability to beat them over two legs demonstrates that we are not decent, not okay. Sunday might just confirm that for anyone still not paying attention.

......... Sunday might just confirm that for anyone still not paying attention.

And if Liverpool get a result Sunday it's not confirmed until the next loss?

Augeo wrote: »
    And if Liverpool get a result Sunday it's not confirmed until the next loss?

You believe everything is fundamentally fine and we'll come through the bad patch. I get it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,770 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

What has Sterling actually done this year. On ITV they were saying he is a great talent, only thing he is missing is the final ball, that final pass. That's kind of the whole point of his poistion! He played great last year, but I don't see the continued love affair with him.

If SG is being slated then I don't see why Sterling is still being lauded. Time for him to either step up or step out. His performances from last season will get no points this year. There is no doubt he generates a buzz when he gets the ball, the anticipation of whats coming is clear. The problem is that that outcome is normally the defender allowing him to run down a blind allay or him making a poor (or maybe better put not a good enough) pass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

I just cannot fathom the team last night. Having only one striker in the 18 man squad is criminal in my view. I'm no fan of Borini (I don't think he's up to it) but he should have been in the 18 last night.

There was always the possibility of needing to chase the game near the end and having that extra forward (or two) to throw on is essential, instead we ended up playing with none!

FWIW, I'd have started Borini and used Lambert off the bench if we needed to go 'gung ho'. Instead Lambert gets hauled off at half time and Skrtel plays up front for the last 10! When we had to resort to going long, the one player who might benefit is showered and changed.

Of course Lambert and Borini aren't good enough, but they are all we have at the moment - Sinama-Pongolle and Mellor were hardly world beaters in 2004 but at least Rafa had the good sense to have striker options on the bench!

I'm not looking to have Rodgers sacked but he needs to sort himself out fairly lively or he will be out on his ear.

You believe everything is fundamentally fine and we'll come through the bad patch. I get it.

I believe the team is underperforming, I believe Sturridge is a massive loss, I believe Mario hasn't contibuted the goals that it was thought he would.

I believe Gerrard is better as an AM than a DM but I believe he should be coming on for Lallana at the 60 minute mark and not starting. I believe Rodgers knows this but as the team is underperforming he's not going to implement that for all games.

I believe that the 2nd half points haul will be better than the first half of the season.

I also believe that Rodgers at the helm is much better option than getting Benitez back.

You actually don't get it all all, Lloyd, the team is somewhere between where you think they are and where you think I think they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

Lloyd have you withdrawn that post you made at the end of last season where you lavished praise on BR and admitted you were completely wrong about him? You must seriously regret that post, think how many I told you so's you could be dishing out now, I wonder how much of that post you talked about how Suarez carried Rodgers along for the ride?

You also go on as if you're the only one upset about going out of the CL, you don't need to shout your points louder than everyone else and go on and on and on, we get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Gerrard should still be one of the first names on the team sheet even though I thought he was poor last night. The two games he hasn't started we were also very poor. He is one of our few players capable of making something happen. If Gerrard was dm last night there would've been a lot of criticism of the amount of chances given up but even with Lucas and Allen there we were carved open fairly easily.

pmy.murphy wrote: »
    So your saying if Suso was there and fit he would be played? Bullsh!t

Ni I'm taking the p1ss at you for not knowing he hasn't featured at all recently as he's injured.

When that's pointed out to you you than claim it makes no difference.

lol

brevity wrote: »
    We don't have the type of striker needed to player 4231 IMO.

Sturridge and Origi could play that role IMO. Mario not so much

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭Talisman

mosstin wrote: »
    Wondering what Borini's done wrong and why, if he's injured, no-one at the club has confirmed it. If he's not it's just blatantly wrong.
    BR:"No Borini is just a managerial decision I make. No issue there at all."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

On the plus side I think Lovren done ok last night, maybe not justifying his fee but certainly looked more assured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭Ardent

The problem is that we just have too many squad players now.

Agreed. But what's worse is Rodger's use of the squad. Some of the players will never gain any sort of form with the odd cameo here and there. Lallana, Markovic and Can cost 55M between them this summer and rarely get a game? Our full backs change from game to game? The midfield is constantly changing also.

Rodgers is drowning IMO.

Liverpool linked with bids for Mirallas, Tiote and either Cech or Begovic seeing as the German u21 doesnt want to move to Anfield.

I think Mirallas, Tiote and either of those keepers would be good additions. Cant see Everton selling although Mirallas contract is expiring and cant see Chelsea wanting to see Cech to us either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,949 ✭✭✭dogbert27

If you want to look at the positives, we're undefeated in 5 matches!!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement