Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning in OP, 10/12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

They might not be great but they are playing with pride and desire. Moreno, can and toure looking good so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Doing pretty well but should actually shoot on goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

With is display tonight (So far) and what I have seen of him so far this season Can needs to be a starter in league game.

Yep...the absence of Mr Undroppable isn't even noticeable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Pretty impressed with the guys who have come into the team. Look like they give a fcuk

It actually does look at lot like that !

Should bring on Sterling for Markovic. Can has been inpressive. Lucas done well too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I read the rumours last night about the team selection and I thought to myself that Rodgers wouldn't have the kahunas to rest sterling Gerrard and Mario.

Fair play to him, I'm fricking delighted. Chelsea is a far more important game. I'm not saying we'll beat them but it will give us a better chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Surprising stuff here. At least that some of the lads who've been dropped realise if your gonna play that way against the likes of Newcastle, dont expect to walk into the team against the likes of Madrid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Interesting.

Surprising stuff here. At least that some of the lads who've been dropped realise if your gonna play that way against the likes of Newcastle, dont expect to walk into the team against the likes of Madrid.

I have to say it could be the kick in the pants that a few of the players need to get going and actually play like they give a damn . Some of them seem to play like they don't give a toss at times .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

Real balls is IF they don't get hockeyed here tonight and give these lads a run in the league after our last few PL performances ... Can/Lallana/Borini/Allen/Lucas doing well to be fair. Kinda feel Toure will cost a goal sooner or later but for 45mins he was really good on the ball too fair play to him - hope a few of the so called starting 11 take note on what its like to play with a little pride!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

I'm not writing Markovic off by any strectch, but even in this insane transfer market when spending £20m on the a player they should be able to offer something other than potential. At this moment in time, he's shocking IMO.

Rodgers running the risk of putting half his teams nose out of joint by not giving them a game against the European Champions in the Bernabeu.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Lol if nothing else the reaction to the team sheet proves conclusively we have a fan base to match our form atm which is to say completely ****e.

100%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Right, keep them out for half an hour then unleash Sterling, Coutinho and Gerrard on them, with Stevie just behind Borini.

But Rodgers will probably bring on Johnson.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

kfallon wrote: »
    The team selection tonight is a slap in the face for the travelling fans and a slap in the face to the clubs heritage, we're 5 times winners of the competition who are basically saying, "Yeah we'll get beat tonight but who cares about CL, we might get something on Saturday if we're lucky!"

Defeat tonight and again on Saturday and this will really have backfired on Rodgers.

Lets just pray for a miracle tonight.....and I don't believe in miracles

Saying that as a Liverpool supporter surely should cause some sort of paradox where the universe collapses into itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

martyos121 wrote: »
    Right, keep them out for half an hour then unleash Sterling, Coutinho and Gerrard on them, with Stevie just behind Borini.

But Rodgers will probably bring on Johnson.

Sure we all know more than Rodgers anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Rodgers running the risk of putting half his teams nose out of joint by not giving them a game against the European Champions in the Bernabeu.

Hope they learn they can't play like shit the week before, and expect to play in what could be the biggest game of their careers.

Realistically, it could well have been Gerrard's last opportunity to start in the Bernabeu, actually.

We need to shake things up in the league, desperately, and hopefully this is the kick that we need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

OK so colour me impressed by the team first half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Yeah. It'd be a real shame to annoy the lads that had 2 shots on target vs Newcastle.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Allen is so weak

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Markovic playing well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭Hoki

I'm not writing Markovic off by any strectch, but even in this insane transfer market when spending £20m on the a player they should be able to offer something other than potential. At this moment in time, he's shocking IMO.

Everything is shocking / horrendous / deluded to you. Markovic has done nothing wrong tonight & has played pretty well if you ask me , get off his back ffs

Lucas has to play against Chelsea.
    Has to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Has to.

And Can.

Has to.

This team should start against Chelsea !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Borini and Sturridge need to be the starting strikers when both are fit.

Borini gives us the hard work and chasing we are missing from the forwards this season. (Maybe not goals) but he opens up space for the midfielders to come into.

• Advertisement

Plenty of positives to take from that performance.
    Considering the opposition, I'm not too dissapointed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

No goal, no threat going forward, another loss. Still crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Only caught the second half but was impressed, gerrard coming on was thoroughly ineffective however, usual hollywood ball ****e. Hopefully rodgers dosent revert to the "first" eleven for the chelsea game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

I think that's a performance Lloyd was looking for :pac:

Can, Kolo, Borini, Lucas should start against Chelsea.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

Good Effort from the Lads.

Just couldn't Create anything in the Final 3rd.

And Credit where Credit's Due, Toure and Mignolet were Great in that Game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

Kolo MOTM for me today. The whole team did pretty well, a lot better than I thought before the match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Well a few players did themselves no harm at all with that.

Sure Madrid ended the match playing a cagey possession game but they never did work up the momentum to get the big win that so many had assumed (me included).

Manquillo, Can, Kolo, Moreno, Lucasaid all done well. Markovic gets a hard time but I can see (and have seen) what he can do and I think will do. Mig had a good game as well though if you can catch you really should do.

Full of heart against the champions in their own backyard.

Looks like Rodgers knows more than boards managers. Some of the stuff written pre kick off was embarressing tbh. Toys out of prams nationwide

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Much better performance than the home game. Actually passed the ball well at times. Need to get back to scoring goals though. It's like we've forgotten how to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Better, much better. The only problem was that for all of Borini's and Marko's effort, there were no 'killers' in attack.

I think the team can take heart from tonight going into the Chelsea game anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Proud tonight huge gulf in class and we kept in the game. Well done to rodgers with his brave team selection that will keep the critics shut.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

Pity Balotelli did not come on instead of Gerrard. Lucas was the best of the three midfielders playing and didn't need to be brought off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

If we play with that kind of effort on saturday and Danny is back we can get something out of it.

Good to see the level of effort. Maybe it'll get some of the "Rodgers has lost the plot" brigade to quieten down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

Better setup. Better discipline. We've hammered BR for not being able to setup his team like this before (with possibly more attacking intent when we win it back) but he has managed it tonight and credit due. Corners were FAR better tonight and there is obvious work done there evident from the Newcastle match as well.

That said ... 5-10 mins to go is there a difference between 1-0 and 2-0??? I know some players looked dead on their feet - Allen and Lallana looked bollixed. But i'd have prefered to have a better go at them deploy even Sterling further forward.

Seriously though, we could setup like that week in week out in the PL with Sturridge fit and with Sterling on the break we could be very difficult to beat.

Lets not kid ourselves though ... it was a huge gamble, it sort of payed off and was encouraging to see the lads prove a point and show some much needed pride!

Surely Toure will start saturday. But who to drop Skrtel or Lovren?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

mav79 wrote: »
    Pity Balotelli did not come on instead of Gerrard. Lucas was the best of the three midfielders playing and didn't need to be brought off.

Agree, lucas however only has an hour in him these days, anything more and hes running through treacle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

wow didnt know Scholes was so small, standing there beside Macca

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

mada999 wrote: »
    wow didnt know Scholes was so small, standing there beside Macca

Seems to be morphing into Moyes.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,268 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

What does he do now? Start some of the players that played well tonight or some of the very under performing subs??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Toure and Lucas the standouts.
    Shout of for Borini too. Ran his ballocks off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

MD1990 wrote: »
    Surely Toure will start saturday. But who to drop Skrtel or Lovren?

Skrtel made some bad errors tonight. Gave the ball away in the first half which nearly cost a goal. Second half left Ronaldo and ran towards Benzema who was already marked by two players. Nearly let Ronaldo in. Does some daft things at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Happy with the performance but obviously disappointed with the result.

Would agree with Alan (to a hugely lesser extent) that Markovic was disappointing in the 1st half although I thought he was much better for the 20-30 mins he played in the second.

On a serious note, this really shows up our defence. Toure came in and had a really good game. Manquillo just has to be our first choice RB at least until Flanagan comes back.

Skrtel had his typical stupid moments. I would honestly start that back 4 against Chelsea. I'll be gutted if Johnson is back in

Mignolet, Borini, Lucas, Can all did well imo.

One real negative was Joe Allen. I thought he had a really poor match, lot of misplaced passes.

Hopefully this will be a small boost to morale and we can go on and beat Chelsea at the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

So, a template for going forward or normal service resumed at the weekend? Too many undroppables in our squad for it to be the former I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Much much better. At least there was a bit of energy on the pitch.

For all the flack he gets,Toure put in a performance of a much higher quality than Lovren has managed all season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

looking at the goal there... surely we should have known to double up on Marcelo... Arbeloa was not going to get too far forward so no need to double up that side

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement