Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning in OP, 10/12

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

rarnes1 wrote: »
    You can't blame Torres for leaving. He had no connection to Liverpool bar it being his employer.

If my job looked like it was going pear shaped and I received an offer from another company in better shape with increased wages I'd be gone in an instant.

Cant blame him for leaving but ill always hold a grudge for his conduct during the last six months of his career at liverpool. He spent months moping and sulking on the pitch coz things werent going well. The timing of the deal and the club he joined also left a bad taste, though they cant necessarily be blamed on him.

Im glad his career bombed after leaving us, its exactly what he deserved for spending six months making it clear he felt the club was beneath him and making minimal effort on the pitch to help out a struggling side, as though his energy wasnt worth it. His attitude stinks and im mystified as to how people could want him back now when hes not even good anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    FSG aren't going to buy a top quality striker on big wages. Faced with the choice of:

- more Lallana /Markovic bull**** "potential";
    - a Torres for buttons;

I'd rather get the latter. I don't think Rodgers will be here next year so I don't want more of the current transfer policy until the next man is in place and can hopefully influence it positively.

I agree with you that its either a Torres type deal (for buttons) or nothing in Jan. I don't see a quality striker in Jan.
    I'd prefer more of Lallana than Torres being brought back tbh if that was a straight choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

FSG aren't going to buy a top quality striker on big wages. Faced with the choice of:

- more Lallana /Markovic bull**** "potential";
    - a Torres for buttons;

I'd rather get the latter. I don't think Rodgers will be here next year so I don't want more of the current transfer policy until the next man is in place and can hopefully influence it positively.

I'd rather potential than ****e. At least potential has a chance of turning into something good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Didn't we try the first part of that in the summer and Borini refused to go.
    I think the reason Rodgers isnt playing him is to force him to move & hopefully he will reconsider going to Sunderland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,931 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

MD1990 wrote: »
    I think the reason Rodgers isnt playing him is to force him to move & hopefully he will reconsider going to Sunderland.

I don't think Borini will go he knows he holds all the cards.

He has been treated like crap if he digs his heels in Rodgers could be gone first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

wow. look who got our Player of the Month.

no disrespect to him at all, but it's a sign of our drastic fall.

B4qGdS6IgAAU4aj.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Torres is done lads, completely finished, forget about him. Defoe, Keane, Torres all mentioned this week, jesus wept things must be really desperate if that's the thinking.

I'd take Torres, Keane or Defoe in Jan rather than continuing with what we have currently

Lambert : Slow and not good enough
    Borini : Not getting a look in
    Balo : Hasn't performed at all
    Sturridge: Injuries could drag on

SlickRic wrote: »

It was going to be either him or Lucas that is where we are at now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

B4qGdS6IgAAU4aj.jpg

Well he played well in fairness and we are unbeaten in 4 or so games with mostly him in the team.

But yeah... clutching at straws.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Fair play to him to be honest. Was always happy with his signing. I'd wish could get similar for midfield and striker positions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

So Lallana has broken ribs for the last few weeks and they tell the world before we play against elbows Fellaini very strange.

So I guess Lallana won't be playing against utd.

Timing of the story is weird. Maybe they're inviting Fellaini to get himself sent off.

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Those players can't take all this blame. Skrtel was very good in our amazing season last year. He has had to cope with his former partner Agger being shunted out as well as a useless Lovren coming in. Lovren is the £20 million man who, if anything, dragged Skrtel down. Now i'm not saying he's brilliant but we know what his attributes are and he's done a good job for us. He looks better with Kolo.

Enrique was brilliant before his injuries started last season. He doesnt look the same player sadly though.

As for Johnson... He is obviously overpaid etc. etc. but doesnt deserve the level of abuse he gets. He does work hard and give its socks. I was delighted he scored the winner the other day and he was one of the only players to play anything approaching a decent level v Basel.

All the blame? Of course not but certainly a good chunk.

Skrtel wasn't good last year, his goals papered over serious cracks. Remember last season was our worst defensive record in decades.

Johnson, made my opinion known on him plenty of times. Past his best a good while now.

Enrique, so slow it's not funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

MR NINE wrote: »
    Cant blame him for leaving but ill always hold a grudge for his conduct during the last six months of his career at liverpool. He spent months moping and sulking on the pitch coz things werent going well. The timing of the deal and the club he joined also left a bad taste, though they cant necessarily be blamed on him.

He still scored 9 (I had to look that up).

I remember him struggling but Jesus, everyone was in those months.

I think he was excellent in his own right. The league games obviously but also being thrown into the Bernabeu with the B team and playing admirably.

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/brendan-rodgers-playing-coutinho-wrong-position

Zonal marking article on how Coutinho is being played in the wrong position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

MR NINE wrote: »

Im glad his career bombed after leaving us, its exactly what he deserved for spending six months making it clear he felt the club was beneath him and making minimal effort on the pitch to help out a struggling side, as though his energy wasnt worth it. His attitude stinks and im mystified as to how people could want him back now when hes not even good anymore.

Wow!

One of the most bitter comments I've ever seen on boards.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

It's only a dream Orange, don't worry he doesn't really think that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Thud

Torres is not going to happen, I think we'd get more value out of bringing back Michael Owen at this stage.....at least it would get him off the commentary team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

ush wrote: »
    Timing of the story is weird. Maybe they're inviting Fellaini to get himself sent off.

Indeed.

Crazy to let that sort of suspicion and accusations go unasnwered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

of all our signings, I honestly think slating Lallana as merely bullshít potential is the most misplaced.

he's been good any time he's played; he's just been chopped and changed relentlessly.

:confused:

Really? I don't personally think he's had a huge impact anytime I've seen him. He's whatever. And if he can't get fit and stay on the pitch games in a row that's going to be a problem.

£25m. :(

However, Balotelli has resumed full training at Melwood this week and is nearing a return to action.

Brendan Rodgers told reporters in his pre-United press conference: "He's only just back into training, so it's something we'll assess.
    http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/176175-balotelli-lallana-and-kolo-injury-update

"We've still got a bit of time, so we'll see what his fitness is like.

"He's been out for a little while now, but in the last couple of days he's looked good in training.

"We'll give him every chance to see if he can come into the squad."

Kolo Toure will also return to the fold having missed the midweek game with FC Basel due to a groin strain.

Meanwhile, Rodgers confirmed reports Adam Lallana sustained broken ribs in the recent 3-1 victory away to Leicester City - but insisted the midfielder is fit to play his part on Sunday.

The boss added: "He took a nasty injury in the game against Leicester and I didn't mention it because I wanted to protect the player and make sure he wasn't targeted in games.

"He looks fully up to speed. He's obviously had some work done since he's been here and watching him in training, he's been fine.

"He's been available, but not fully fit. He looks much, much better now."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,298 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Wow!

I reckon he's right on the money. Suarez conducted himself appallingly summer 2013 but he was denied the transfer, knuckled down and gave us one of the most memorable seasons we are likely to see from a player. A player who we all knew was off the following season.

He was adored at Liverpool in a team that was built around him but it wasn't enough. I don't blame him for going to Chelsea its just the manner in how he did it and his constant BS talk in the media of how the fans don't know the truth behind his transfer. He has loads of medals now but they are empty.

From presser:

Brendan Rodgers has dismissed reports that Raheem Sterling is stalling over contract talks and is unhappy with a £70,000 a week offer

"If you look at Raheem's performances that does all his talking. He is very happy here. I know Raheem very well and you can see he is happy here."

Do you wish the club had signed more star quality in the summer?

"That's what the club tried to do and looked to do. We believe talent has come in here which will grow in the next few years. It wasn't for the want of trying that the club looked to do that but we have what we have."

On the squad for United: "Mario and Kolo are back in training and we will see if they can join the squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

B4qGdS6IgAAU4aj.jpg

Added to the fact that Glen Johnsons goal against Stoke was the goal of the month :(:( Dismal stuff altogether

A win against United would sort a tiny bit of the dismay out, but I can't see that happening

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Dare to Kolo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

:confused:

Really? I don't personally think he's had a huge impact anytime I've seen him. He's whatever. And if he can't get fit and stay on the pitch games in a row that's going to be a problem.

£25m. :(

We'll have to agree to disagree on if he's been any good, but I certainly agree that fitness is a key issue for any player, so I hope he gets fit soon and gets played regularly so we know for absolute sure if he can significantly improve the team on a consistent basis.

We'll have to agree to disagree on if he's been any good, but I certainly agree that fitness is a key issue for any player, so I hope he gets fit soon and gets played regularly so we know for absolute sure if he can significantly improve the team on a consistent basis.

He has done well when he has played, which unfortunately hasn't been enough, but hopefully he will put a run of games together.

We overpaid for him, and he won't be a big enough name to keep some happy but compared to Balotelli he looks like a good deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭viper006

Wow!

Have a look in the United thread. You'll retract that statement I promise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Not overly impressed with Lallana at all. Its clear he is a decent player and has talent, but he goes missing a lot in games he does play in.

I know the transfer fee is not his fault but we paid the second highest transfer fee in the clubs history to get him. For a fee like that we should be making sure we are getting a first team player that improves the team in his position. I'm not sure he does either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

NukaCola wrote: »
    Not overly impressed with Lallana at all. Its clear he is a decent player and has talent, but he goes missing a lot in games he does play in.

I know the transfer fee is not his fault but we paid the second highest transfer fee in the clubs history to get him. For a fee like that we should be making sure we are getting a first team player that improves the team in his position. I'm not sure he does either.

When has he ever actually played in his position though?

Every body is ecstatic.

241184_10153043755392573_5879637243901285073_o.jpg

10604406_10153043755132573_791396027410725766_o.jpg

1540470_10153043755892573_1929957509143280392_o.jpg

10848797_10153043756512573_1900868142508583365_o.jpg

10847710_10153043757387573_1005057986473861303_o.jpg

1524243_10153043758832573_4149555997816001794_o.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

gafferino wrote: »
    Every body is ecstatic.

****ING MEDIOCRITY!! **** YEAH!!

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

5starpool wrote: »
    Not unless there is a bizarre set of circumstances such as the CL winner finishes outside the top 4, the EL winners (who are us obviously) finish outside of the top 4 as well. Then in that case the 4th place team would miss out as there is a max of 5 from any country. A very unlikely set of circumstances indeed.
    5starpool wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure I read that the spot just gets allocated in the way it did up until now. The only way England would get an extra spot is if an English team wins the CL or EL and finish outside the top 4. I'm pretty sure the EL runners up don't inherit the spot either.
    Top four qualify
    If we finish 6th and win EL then us + Top four qualify
    If we finish 6th and win EL and Chelsea finish 1st and win the CL...us + top four qualify

Top four qualify
    If another English team wins EL they qualify also

=============

The only way an English team eligible to claim a spot would lose a spot is that fourth place would lose a spot if Chelsea / City finished like 7th and still won the CL AND we or Spurs also won the EL. In that scenario, it would be top three + CL winner + EL winner

Take me off your ignore list Lloyd!

Yes, I know if I was on it he wouldn't see this post, but just shut it, ok?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

10847710_10153043757387573_1005057986473861303_o.jpg

Worst YMCA I've ever seen.

Galvanised

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

lol Emre Can won't wear a hat, fussy about the hair no doubt. He'll newnomneia or ebola now.

Going by bib theory both teams will be sh1t.

Gbear wrote: »
    ****ING MEDIOCRITY!! **** YEAH!!

4th place celebration practice pic.

Such a weird set of photos.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭JB81

My Team for Sunday - and pull off a gutsy all for one, one for all team spirit draw and drive on for the rest of the season, Mig starts saving, Mad Bal starts scoring, Sturridge comes back and takes up where we left off and we claim fourth place after winning League cup and getting beat in Europa league semis.

You heard it here first::

Mignolet

Manquillo Skyrtel Toure(if fit/Lovren) Moreno

Lucas Henderson

Markovic Gerrard Sterling

Balotelli( if fit, or else countinho )

• Advertisement

Turtyturd wrote: »
    4th place celebration practice pic.

They should actually start giving a trophy for 4th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

gafferino wrote: »
    Every body is ecstatic.

Jaysus.

Skrtel pulling shirts again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I definitely start Balotelli if fit on Sunday by the way.

AFC Wimbledon FA cup game will be live on the BBC kick-off at 19:55 on Monday, 5 January.

noodler wrote: »
    He still scored 9 (I had to look that up).

I remember him struggling but Jesus, everyone was in those months.

He did well in terms of goals scored but he had a few stinkers. I can forgive people playing badly, but he infuriated me for months with how few ****s he gave.
    Wow!

I have no issue with people leaving the club. Suarez, alonso i wish them all the best. Masch, even though i was appalled at the way he refused to play against city, he still tried his very best whenever he played for us. Even owen, i was disappointed to see him sign for utd but i always wanted him to overcome his injury plight and salvage a career for himself.

Torres is an exception because he stopped trying and seemingly stopped caring. At a time where we needed our star striker to dig in and help the team through a difficult time he strolled about moping for the majority of games. I think he has a bad attitude and its a huge reason why his career bombed once he lost some form and his burst of pace. Im sure hes happy with his move, he won medals he wouldnt have won with liverpool, but i hold a grudge for the way he conducted himself in the closing months of his liverpool career. If thats bitter than so be it

Absolutely, theres nothing rickie lambert offers that balotelli doesnt.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

So 4-3-2-0 then?

Fwiw my team would be

Mig
    Johnson lovren toure moreno
    Lucas
    Henderson Can
    Gerrard
    Sterling Lallana

Id rather play with no striker than start lambert. Id usually like to see coutinho instead of gerrard with gerrard being used as an impact sub but gerrard usually turns up against united so it would be foolish not to start him. Moreno should start because hes our only threatening full back. Hes got defensive deficiencies though so id like to see can playing in front of him to help him out. I think lucas can and henderson would be a good, balanced midfield three, nothing spectacular but probably the best we can put out. Unfortunately, i fully expect to see a lot of skrtel and allen. Skrtel i can live with as its a bad bunch but allens mediocrity is starting to annoy me, im really not sure what he brings to the side and yet rodgers seems to consider him a vital player

I heard Mario is stitching pockets in his shorts for Sunday so when he's strolling around the pitch he can put his hands in them thereby completing his couldn't give a **** look on the football field.

He has shown nothing at his time here to start. We'll be playing with ten men for most of the game on the of chance he'll pop up with a goal and with the way the team is playing we simply cant carry him. I know many will say he's the best we've got but thats wearing thin. Lambert is limited but looks more dangerous on current form and thats saying a lot. I'd give our impressive youth players a chance over Mario to be honest thats how little i rate his form at the moment.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

AFC Wimbledon FA cup game will be live on the BBC kick-off at 19:55 on Monday, 5 January.

Set up perfectly for the shock of the round there, not that any of us will be that shocked at all.

If you want to have a supposed big name striker up front go with Balotelli....if you want someone that might contribute something go with Lambert.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement