Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning in OP, 10/12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,931 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Turtyturd wrote: »
    If you want to have a supposed big name striker up front go with Balotelli....if you want someone that might contribute something go with Lambert.

Maybe just maybe go with 2 strikers up front.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Suarez wrote:
    The reason Liverpool were back playing Champions League football is because of Brendan Rodgers - and he is the right man to guide them back there again next season.

Nice bit of support for Rodgers there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

NukaCola wrote: »
    Nice bit of support for Rodgers modesty from Suarez there.

FYP

NukaCola wrote: »
    Nice bit of support for Rodgers there.

Easy to say when he is playing with Barca.

noodler wrote: »
    FYP

No doubt but it is a touch of class from the player.

Easy to say when he is playing with Barca.

Of course but he didn't have to say it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Maybe just maybe go with 2 strikers up front.

Lambert and Borini.

Lambert and Borini.

Who's Borini?

Lambert and Borini.

At this stage Lambert & Balotelli would do me or any mix 2 from the 3 of them.

Ideally Balotelli & Borini would be the starting 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    I definitely start Balotelli if fit on Sunday by the way.

not even a question.

at least he might try to go beyond the Utd backline and stretch the play a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

It'll be one up front. It'll be the downfall of Rodgers. Our most important game of the season so far, against Basel - one up front. Why he persists I do not know. But I feel strongly that he will persist. If he didn't change it against Basel then I believe he thinks there is no need to unless Sturridge is fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

brevity wrote: »
    http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/brendan-rodgers-playing-coutinho-wrong-position

Zonal marking article on how Coutinho is being played in the wrong position.

Pretty much what I have been saying all season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

this game on Sunday is a huge opportunity for the team.

what has happened in the Champions League will not be forgotten, but what better way to kickstart SOMETHING, than to beat that lot in their own back yard.

the players can either stand up and be men, or they can wilt under the pressure and the failure of this season so far.

i think Sunday's performance will tell us an awful lot about Rodgers and the team. there was a hint in the last 10 minutes on Tuesday that there is character in that team.

bring that on Sunday, and we might just have a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

If balotelli had put in the performances lambert did against basel and sunderland hed be getting vast amounts of abuse. Lambert offered absolutely nothing in either of those games, he looked tired, slow and void of any creative ideas. Balotelli will provide more movement and quality than lambert, people claiming otherwise are just blinded by hatred for balotelli

We also need to bit of confidence going into the Arsenal game do we really want to be the first rival side to lose to them in how many years has it been since they beat a rival.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Lambert and Borini.

Lamborini

I'll get the coat..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

MR NINE wrote: »
    If balotelli had put in the performances lambert did against basel and sunderland hed be getting vast amounts of abuse. Lambert offered absolutely nothing in either of those games, he looked tired, slow and void of any creative ideas. Balotelli will provide more movement and quality than lambert, people claiming otherwise are just blinded by hatred for balotelli

BalotellI was woeful against Basel too when he played

They are both fairly ****e at the moment to be honest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Nah.

Could easily say you are being way too critical of Lambert and being overly-defensive of Mario.

16m Italian striker bought to be first choice
    VS
    a 4m 3rd/4th 32 year old target man striker bought to be 3rd/4th choice but playing 4 games in two weeks?

Lambert has already done more this season than Mario has, and in less time too.

Whilst I'd be happy to have Lambert as a squad player - I wouldn't want Mario at the club to be honest.

• Advertisement

I don't think it's hate for Balotelli. I didn't want him but now that he is here I hope he succeeds and I would say all fans are the same.

I just have a hard time understanding the hard on for Balotelli, and Torres, etc when nothing suggests they would be any better.

Ballotelli, the minute he signed I knew we were fcuked.

So bloody overrated.

When you see what Suarez put into every single game last season and then you watch Ballotelli. Embarrassing.

Last minute scraps, that's all he was in the transfer window

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

rarnes1 wrote: »

So bloody overrated.

When you see what Suarez put into every single game last season and then you watch Ballotelli. Embarrassing.

You are being very silly

RasTa wrote: »
    You are being very silly

That told me

:rolleyes:

That told me

:rolleyes:

Go on. Out of the forum with you, you nonsensical man.

Opinions! In here! The audacity.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Can't we just agree that they're both shìte?

Neither is the answer and we will continue to struggle big time as long as we are forced to rely on either of them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

So bloody overrated.

I think if you compare him to Suarez he is always going to fall short. He has a lot of talent but Rodgers isn't getting it out of him.

He hasn't played for us when Gerrard has been further forward, hopefully they can form a bit of a partnership.

He hasn't played for us when Gerrard has been further forward, hopefully they can form a bit of a partnership.

It's actually sad we're clinging to this.

Sad Panda pic, stat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,674 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Someone mentioned bony had a 19m buyout clause , buy him . Hes really Impressed the finished article. If fsg are willing to spunk that kn balotelli bony should be a no brainer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

It's actually sad we're clinging to this.

Sad Panda pic, stat.

flat,550x550,075,f.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

cjmc wrote: »
    Someone mentioned bony had a 19m buyout clause , buy him . Hes really Impressed the finished article. If fsg are willing to spunk that kn balotelli bony should be a no brainer

If that's true I wonder how the club came to the conclusion that Balotelli would be a better purchase - cheaper by 3m but with a history.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

noodler wrote: »
    Nah.

Could easily say you are being way too critical of Lambert and being overly-defensive of Mario.

16m Italian striker bought to be first choice
    VS
    a 4m 3rd/4th 32 year old target man striker bought to be 3rd/4th choice but playing 4 games in two weeks?

Lambert has already done more this season than Mario has, and in less time too.

Whilst I'd be happy to have Lambert as a squad player - I wouldn't want Mario at the club to be honest.

Lambert has been better value for money so far, ill agree wih you there. Though perhaps less bad value for money is more fitting. But in deciding who should start this weekend, i see no reason to take transfer fees into account. Lambert is getting an easy ride because people want to see the local fairytale succeed, balotelli is getting even more abuse than he deserves, and he deserves some, because its fashionable to blame everything on balotelli. Yes hes lazy, yes hes arrogant, yes it annoying, but hes better than ricky lambert, i wont have anyone tell me otherwise.

As has been pointed out, as long as were depending on either of them as our main striker were fairly ****ed.

I think if you compare him to Suarez he is always going to fall short. He has a lot of talent but Rodgers isn't getting it out of him.

It's only the attitude, will to win I'm comparing to Suarez. I wouldn't even compare talent as they are miles apart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

flat,550x550,075,f.jpg

There's been a terrible shortage of pandas in this thread this season and we've been shit. Coincidence? I think not...

MOAR PANDAS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 324 ✭✭Spook80

gafferino wrote: »
    Every body is ecstatic.

1540470_10153043755892573_1929957509143280392_o.jpg

Skittle should be in goal with a left arm like that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭Speak Now

We also need to bit of confidence going into the Arsenal game do we really want to be the first rival side to lose to them in how many years has it been since they beat a rival.

Like they beat us last season you mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Collymore just said on BT sport that john Henry has come close twice to sacking Brendan Rogers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭Speak Now

RobertKK wrote: »
    Collymore just said on BT sport that john Henry has come close twice to sacking Brendan Rogers.

Good old Collymore, anything to get the phones hopping. Probably heard it off some ITK on twatter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

People listen to Collymore??

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I'm feeling a little bit more confident about Sundays game with the news that di maria is out. They have a lack of pace in the team without him. Fellani Carrick mata a possible midfield 3. If we could play a high tempo and get a bit of pace into our team there isn't too much to fear. Despite all their signings it's probably only Rojo that will start. Granted we have done nothing in 3 months to inspire too much confidence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,298 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I'm feeling a little bit more confident about Sundays game with the news that di maria is out. They have a lack of pace in the team without him. Fellani Carrick mata a possible midfield 3. If we could play a high tempo and get a bit of pace into our team there isn't too much to fear. Despite all their signings it's probably only Rojo that will start. Granted we have done nothing in 3 months to inspire too much confidence.

They can't deal with direct pace. Southampton tore them apart the other night but just couldn't finish. I say moreno sterling markovic and coutinho must start

• Advertisement

Last year's team would destroy that ManU team. This year's team however doesn't have me confident going into any match unfortunately

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Wow Carlos starting for Brighton in 10 minutes.

Wow Carlos starting for Brighton in 10 minutes.

Joao Carlos? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I think the midfield will have herrera instead of mata with Fellaini and Carrick with a front three of Rooney, Falcao and Van Persie.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

Last year's team would destroy that ManU team. This year's team however doesn't have me confident going into any match unfortunately

exactly, our attack last season against that defense and you're looking at carnage. Beat them 3-0 there last year when they had a better defense than now and we had about 3 good penalty shouts turned down and missed plenty of chances.

However our attack currently is exactly what their defense needs, blunt, immobile, impotent.

I think we'll have plenty of possession and dominate for long periods but their greater firepower will be decisive

They might play their B team considering they did a number on us last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

Mario hatrick on Sunday would be fkin beautiful for a myriad of different reasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,889 ✭✭✭✭klose

I wonder will hyypia get much more time at brighton, losing again and in the relegation zone. Considering the amount of loanees they have i cant imagine the owner backed him a while lot?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Teixeira doing ok so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

People listen to Collymore??

Pardon?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement