Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning in OP, 10/12

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

What has happened to the team from set pieces that so few goals are being scored? Skrtel had 4 or 5 last season I think? Gerrard and Suarez had some free kick goals.

This season we only have Gerrard's two.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

rob316 wrote: »
    They can't deal with direct pace. Southampton tore them apart the other night but just couldn't finish. I say moreno sterling markovic and coutinho must start

Which means Brendan will start balotelli, ricki, Lucas and Gerrard ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,889 ✭✭✭✭klose

Augmerson wrote: »
    What has happened to the team from set pieces that so few goals are being scored? Skrtel had 4 or 5 last season I think? Gerrard and Suarez had some free kick goals.

This season we only have Gerrard's two.

Gerrards delivery has been poor this season compared to last, often dosent beat the first defender on corners these days. Also the likes of hendo are taking set pieces these days, hes pretty poor at em too. Everything thing is worse off since last season :o

Firmino and lacazette having good games again tonight, the club should have been all over them last summer (hindsight is great)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

People listen to Collymore??
    mosstin wrote: »
    Pardon?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Wow Carlos starting for Brighton in 10 minutes.
    For a few spells, he looked decent, but like a lot of our players this season, there was very little end product.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,931 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So the only Liverpool player doing anyway well this season is Aspas who would have guessed.

12 Games 7 goals for Sevilla.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

So the only Liverpool player doing anyway well this season is Aspas who would have guessed.

And will forever be remembered for that corner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

RobertKK wrote: »
    Collymore just said on BT sport that john Henry has come close twice to sacking Brendan Rogers.
    He's just repeating what that clown Duncan Castles reports.

Another chap that didn't really get a chance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

Wha??

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Another chap that didn't really get a chance.

He certainly won't get another. I can't see him coming back to the club. Maybe do an Aquaman and go on loan again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

NukaCola wrote: »
    Who's Borini?

Houdini?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭RED L4 0TH

Just after having a very giddy thought. If Balotelli were to play on Sunday and get a hattrick would Utd fans break the internet around 3.30pm?

exploding-computer-o.gif

^

giphy.gif

That we might score 3 is possible but unrealistic. That Balotelli might score those 3? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭RED L4 0TH

Augmerson wrote: »
    ^

giphy.gif

That we might score 3 is possible but unrealistic. That Balotelli might score those 3? :pac:

Carlsberg doesn't do unrealistic, but if they did...........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

If balo gets 3 touches in the box ill break the internet never mind 3 goals!!

Balo to score a hat trick and then lift his shirt to reveal a message on his base layer saying "are you watching boards.ie soccer forum Liverpool thread?"

If that's happens I'll be joining Lord Trollington at the GPO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

brevity wrote: »

Has Rodgers not pretty much accepted responsibility for the poor performances and admitted that's it not good enough?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

I don't know why people care so much about what managers say. Part of their job is showing up to multiple interviews/press conferences every week. Inevitably some of what they say is interesting and a huge pile of it is horse****e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Milkers wrote: »
    I don't know why people care so much about what managers say. Part of their job is showing up to multiple interviews/press conferences every week. Inevitably some of what they say is interesting and a huge pile of it is horse****e.

That's just not acceptable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

djPSB wrote: »
    Has Rodgers not pretty much accepted responsibility for the poor performances and admitted that's it not good enough?

Ah he has to be fair. Not before though lining the track with bodies left and right to try stop the train hitting him. I get the feeling he would throw his own granny under the train if it saved his job.

I know it was touched on yesterday but Torres on a free?

Currently we have Lambert as number 1. Ballotelli will probably regain that position.

Sturridge and Borini are out of the picture.

Surely Torres would be a better option than Skrtel?

I'm working on the presumption we'll have little to spend in January btw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

I know it was touched on yesterday but Torres on a free?

Currently we have Lambert as number 1. Ballotelli will probably regain that position.

Sturridge and Borini are out of the picture.

Surely Torres would be a better option than Skrtel?

I'm working on the presumption we'll have little to spend in January btw

I'm surprised you'd be interested in Torres given your disdain for Balotelli, it'd be a hell of a game of standing statues the two of them could play.

Seems we made a bid for the next Luis Suarez.

We put a bid of £3.2m in for Jaime Baez 19 from Uruguay.

We seem to be trying to get alot of the NEXT in over the last few weeks.

The Irish next the Norwegian next and now the Uruguayan.

So we've adopted the Jimmy Saville transfer strategy: Get them while their young.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Why would anyone want Torres?

Little money in january or not your still getting a striker who cant score. We have enough of them already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 421 ✭✭e.r

Torres and Gerrard might click again worth a punt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Its only when you stay out of this thread for a day or two you realise the nonsense that's in it! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

I'd still have Torres ahead of Lambert, Ballotelli and Borini.

Torres is the type of player that only thrives when his head is in the right place, and it never looked to be since he joined Chelsea.
    Besides, we won't sign him, potential is clearly what the transfer comittee is after. I think they have the attitude that it'll only take 1 in every 10 to turn into a great signing to pay for the other punts and leave a tidy profit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Torres on a free transfer on a 6 month contract would be better than nothing, but only slightly. Although who knows, maybe coming back to restore his reputation with the Pool fans would be an incentive for him to get his head right. He's only 30 and shouldnt be this crap at this stage of his career.

If there's a striker for free that's better fair enough. That was the original point.

I just can't see the owners giving Rodgers cash in January considering CL is gone and top 4 is improbable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    Torres on a free transfer on a 6 month contract would be better than nothing, but only slightly. Although who knows, maybe coming back to restore his reputation with the Pool fans would be an incentive for him to get his head right. He's only 30 and shouldnt be this crap at this stage of his career.

Pay-as-you-play contract with huge goal bonuses is the only way to go, IMO. I think he'd be willing to sign that sort of contract given his form post-betrayal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

e.r wrote: »

It's Euro these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭chicorytip

It appears Lovren may well be available in the January sales. What a shocking indictment of Rodgers' management. The fella clearly lacks two basic qualifications for any successful manager,good judgement of players and clear minded tactical nous.Time to get rid .....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

e.r wrote: »

flat,550x550,075,f.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,298 ✭✭✭✭rob316

chicorytip wrote: »
    It appears Lovren may well be available in the January sales. What a shocking indictment of Rodgers' management. The fella clearly lacks two basic qualifications for any successful manager,good judgement of players and clear minded tactical nous.Time to get rid .....

I blame the manager for what happens on the pitch not transfers. No one has a clue who actually signs these players and did rodgers want them. Allen and borini are his but I'm not sure after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Lovern played week in and week out until there was no option but to drop him, it's safe to say that he is one.

However defending has been an issue since day one with 'The Rodgers' so offloading players isn't going to do anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

PropJoe10 wrote: »

Honestly give it a shot . It can't be any worse then only having lambert and ballotelli right now .
    Edit no disrespect to borini but it looks like his days are numbered .

chicorytip wrote: »

Appears from where?

Got a link?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

rob316 wrote: »
    I blame the manager for what happens on the pitch not transfers. No one has a clue who actually signs these players and did rodgers want them. Allen and borini are his but I'm not sure after that.

I wish people would stop with this fallacy.
    “There is absolutely no way a player will come in here if I don’t want him,” Rodgers told the Liverpool Echo. “I will always be the first person it comes to. That’s not being arrogant, that’s how we operate here and how it works in this country.”

He added: "Abroad it works differently where you have a coach and the club will bring in the players. The coach then works with the players he’s given. A lot has been made of it but the fact is the process that happens here is no different to what happens at other English clubs."

“We have a number of people, scouting staff and analysts, who will look for targets who fit the profile of the players that we want. Then I will sit down with those guys, look at those targets and make a shortlist from that. I know the club will go and do the best it can to get the players we want.

“But it’s very clear that anyone we sign will be because I want him here.”

RODGERS CALLS THE SHOTS WITH TRANSFERS. THERE IS OTHER PEOPLE INVOLVED WITH THE PROCESS, SAME AS ANY CLUB, BUT RODGERS IS IN CHARGE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Honestly give it a shot . It can't be any worse then only having lambert and ballotelli right now .
    Edit no disrespect to borini but it looks like his days are numbered .

Might as well forget Borini, hes a goner. Rodgers has preferred to go into games with one striker (Lambert) recently rather than even have him on the bench. Borini isnt very good but at least he'd offer some pace and movement until we get someone better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 421 ✭✭e.r

It's Euro these days.
    Its a figure of speech most days:(

Mr Alan wrote: »
    I wish people would stop with this fallacy.

RODGERS CALLS THE SHOTS WITH TRANSFERS. THERE IS OTHER PEOPLE INVOLVED WITH THE PROCESS, SAME AS ANY CLUB, BUT RODGERS IS IN CHARGE

You'd wonder what's the point in the committee then?

Surely he could pick a player and then get a simple yes or no from the board?

Why do you fully believe what Rodgers says with regards to this but then say he's a spoofer on other things?

Personally I take what managers say with a dose of salt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

You'd wonder what's the point in the committee then?

I'd suggest most clubs have a similar arrangement. A number of stakeholders involved in transfers, all subject to sign off from a couple of key people ie. Manager & Chairman.
    Rarnes wrote:
    Surely he could pick a player and then get a simple yes or no from the board?

Essentially this is what happens? Players identified & signed off by stakeholders if authorised :confused:
    Rarnes wrote:
    Why do you fully believe what Rodgers says with regards to this but then says he's a spoofer on other things?

Are you referring to Lallana's injury? The only thing I can think of where I've said it seems like bull****.
    Rarnes wrote:
    Personally I take what managers say with a dose of salt.

So you essentially believe nothing. Unless you want to.

The committee as I see it see just a glorified scouting network where they scout positions the manager say he needs filled they come back with a number of players including the player the manager wants and back ups if they can't get the first pick.

Then the manager say to Ayre these are my first picks go get them, If he they can't get first picks they go down the list.

So it is easy for the manager to leak to his friends in the press it's the committee picks that he didn't get his first picks I can't see any one else at the club leaking this to the press.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    I'd suggest most clubs have a similar arrangement. A number of stakeholders involved in transfers, all subject to sign off from a couple of key people ie. Manager & Chairman.

Essentially this is what happens? Players identified & signed off by stakeholders if authorised :confused:

Are you referring to Lallana's injury? The only thing I can think of where I've said it seems like bull****.

So you essentially believe nothing. Unless you want to.

So why the big deal about a committee then?

Why set it up?

I thought you called Rodgers a spoofer before, must have been someone else.

Yeah, I wouldn't believe too much a manager says. Fergie, Wenger, Mourinho all compulsive liars. They all do it. Always have always will

Downing scores again. 3 goals and 6 assists. Not bad!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement