Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning in OP, 10/12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

How is Rodgers going to turn things around?

By resigning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Just don't see where the next league win is coming from. Wouldn't even back us to beat Bournemouth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,889 ✭✭✭✭klose

He blindly persists with the same players every week. Lovren should be sitting in the stands next week but he wont, he will start again and sakho will be looking on from the stands. Allen and Gerrard offering zero in midfield? Theyll start again and can will look on from the bench. Hes stubborn and it will cost him his job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Difference between the two teams is in goal and up front. Both solveable in January, and both clearly recognised by Rodgers. Talk of him being sacked is nonsense at this stage.

LOL! He couldn't solve a crossword, useless in the transfer market

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

By making way for another manager to take over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Could be managerless tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

If 'The Rodgers' gets sacked in the morning can he take 'Super f*cking Mario' with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Lets say Rodgers is sacked in the morning.
    Who comes in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

Damn I'd take Tony Pulis to come in tomorrow till the end of the season, he might just get us to defend at least. This team is just painful to watch at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Slattsy wrote: »
    Who comes in?

Someone better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I wouldnt be surprised if he has lost the dressing room. He doesnt show any trust with his players in constantly chopping and changing. No consistancy in the team and strange decisions. Relationships must be badly damaged. Sakho, Borini, Lallana and Mignolet anyway but probably more to it.

Performing well is no guarantee to start. Being ****e is no guarantee to be dropped.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

I don't want rodgers sacked, but if the likes of Klopp became available, I would want him replaced.

Jones can't be the fall guy of a team that have been useless for months. His positioning may be questioned but a cross across the box obviously shows a keeper ad out of position.

Loevren is done. Balo is done. Markovic can go away and someone needs to come in and take the pressure off sterling.

Gerrard needs to get over last year too. He's just got no fire in the belly. He's far from finished, but he just doesn't seem to care.

Who comes in?

Benitez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭Ardent

Difference between the two teams is in goal and up front. Both solveable in January, and both clearly recognised by Rodgers. Talk of him being sacked is nonsense at this stage.

We won't be signing anyone in January. Not before we sell players first at least.

And what about all the other games eh?

Klopp would be my choice.
    Dont want Rafa back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Why is Gerrard back in DM, why is Lucas dropped.

Why is Lovren back in the team, why was Toure dropped.

By the way, Balotelli clearly should have started...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SM01

I'm afraid I'm done with Rodgers too. Nothing knee-jerk, just a culmination of poor results, mind-boggling team selections and substitutions, misdirected buys (of which he must take a sizable responsibility along with whatever committee exists), tactical ineptitude and player-mismanagement which shows no sign of abating. Actually, things are deteriorating with time. I wanted him to succeed and turn it around but we've reached the point where I don't think he is capable with this team and I wouldn't trust him to oversee any future reinvestment. The word 'embarrassing' is used flippantly on boards and so it's meaning is somewhat diluted. Regardless, I find the state my beloved team are in now as embarrassing. Fundamental change is needed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,949 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Rodgers won't be sacked in the morning but if we don't get a result against Bournemouth then he is in real trouble.

Winning a cup is his only way of covering up a crap league campaign but even with that we've struggled. We struggled against Boro only winning in a mindless penalty shoot out and got past Swansea with 2 late, late goals.

Bournemouth have just gone top of their league playing good football and scoring 5 yesterday. Tuesday night will be a tough night.

Most will be pissed with the suggestion of Rafa replacing Rodgers before Christmas but I would rather have Benitez back now as I have more confidence in him making us progress through the Europa Cup than Rodgers and right now winning that competition will be the only way we get back to the CL next year.

Klopp is in the papers as a replacement but he won't leave Dortmund while they're still in the CL.

AVB I wouldn't touch.

Who comes in?

Mike Bassett would be better than that charlatan

De Gea on crack here.

dogbert27 wrote: »
    Rodgers won't be sacked in the morning but if we don't get a result against Bournemouth then he is in real trouble.

Winning a cup is his only way of covering up a crap league campaign but even with that we've struggled. We struggled against Boro only winning in a mindless penalty shoot out and got past Swansea with 2 late, late goals.

Bournemouth have just gone top of their league playing good football and scoring 5 yesterday. Tuesday night will be a tough night.

Most will be pissed with the suggestion of Rafa replacing Rodgers before Christmas but I would rather have Benitez back now as I have more confidence in him making us progress through the Europa Cup than Rodgers and right now winning that competition will be the only way we get back to the CL next year.

Klopp is in the papers as a replacement but he won't leave Dortmund while they're still in the CL.

AVB I wouldn't touch.

Winning a cup didn't save Kenny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,931 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Straight up go for Klopp he needs a change we need a change seem like a perfect match to me.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »

This....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

dogbert27 wrote: »

Winning a cup is his only way of covering up a crap league campaign but even with that we've struggled.

kenny won a cup and got to another final where they should have won and still got sacked by fsg despite playing much better first half of the season than this current liverpool team...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Gone exactly how I suspected it would: we'd have our chances but wouldn't take them, and would get picked off by the not exactly superior team, but the more clinical one.

Shambolic. Absolutely disgusted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

LuckyLloyd wrote: »

hes not fit yet ... have created plenty,they just have not finished, but we will slate the manager ..its not really fair

Toure tries so damn hard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭Ardent

Mad how quickly things can change in football. Rodgers must have felt very comfortable at the start of this season - finished 2nd the season before, lots of goodwill from the fans, in the CL, £100m of new players. Never would have thought folks would be calling for his head by xmas!

• Advertisement

A decent manager and we would have won this game no problem

SM01 wrote: »
    Actually, things are deteriorating with time.

This is why imo anyone scoffing at the idea of him being sacked are kidding themselves.

FSG are no fools & they must be fuming at the amount of money Rodgers has wasted & the deterioration in the team as he makes it more & more his.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

SM01 wrote: »
    I'm afraid I'm done with Rodgers too. Nothing knee-jerk, just a culmination of poor results, mind-boggling team selections and substitutions, misdirected buys (of which he must take a sizable responsibility along with whatever committee exists), tactical ineptitude and player-mismanagement which shows no sign of abating. Actually, things are deteriorating with time. I wanted him to succeed and turn it around but we've reached the point where I don't think he is capable with this team and I wouldn't trust him to oversee any future reinvestment. The word 'embarrassing' is used flippantly on boards and so it's meaning is somewhat diluted. Regardless, I find the state my beloved team are in now as embarrassing. Fundamental change is needed.

I absolutely agree with this. The constant tinkering and the lack of development in any form bar backwards is what concerns me about the man. Yes a lot of players are in terrible form but the manager is not helping them at all. The way he waffles on in post match interviews wouldn't give you too much confidence he will ever turn it around. All the signings have been poor (except maybe Lallana and Manquillo) but everyone else...as said above Fundamental change is needed.

hes not fit yet ... have created plenty,they just have not finished, but we will slate the manager ..its not really fair

Of course it's fair most of his tactical genius has been found out as spoofing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Mr Alan wrote: »
    This....

Definitely, he probably would have doubled the amount of goals he has scored since coming on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,990 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I think this could be the final nail in the coffin for Brendan Rogers if they are considering sacking him. Out of the ECL midweek and then a loss to your biggest rival. The timing just doesn't help him at all.

Entirely the managers fault tbh. Started with no striker. ****e purchases when replacing top class striker he inherited.

Not fair?

- he talked the big talk about Spur's transfer dealings last year;
    - then he signed a load of dross;
    - he has fundamentally been unable to replicate the intensity of our performances last year without Suarez;
    - he was unable to progress from the easiest CL group he reasonably could have faced;
    - our chances of CL qualification are essentially over;
    - our performances are getting worse in terms of the basics;
    - his selections are becoming increasingly bizarre;

Bye bye.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

If losing away to Manchester united is the sacking benchmark, then I would be just as worried about the owners as the manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I really can't understand why people think Mario should of started.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Wouldn't put the blame on Rodgers today. The team was set up well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Until we organise our back 4 and get players who can score, we can forget about everything.

spockety wrote: »
    If losing away to Manchester united is the sacking benchmark, then I would be just as worried about the owners as the manager.

It's not the benchmark, it's the final straw!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,949 ✭✭✭dogbert27

To be fair to posters who are being called out as giving knee jerk reactions.

We have been waiting for Rodgers to turn things around since losing to Aston Villa 1-0 at home at the start of September.

It's 2 and a half months later, we're being spanked by United with our next league game being Arsenal.

He doesn't know what to do with Gerrard anymore. Henderson and Coutinho are shadows of the players they were last season.

Not one summer signing has influenced the starting 11 after spending over 100 million and it doesn't look like any will.

Just very disappointing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,889 ✭✭✭✭klose

spockety wrote: »

The entire season bar the spurs game weve been terrible and we are getting worse imo. Theres nothing knee jerk about him possibly getting sacked imo

DDG is man of the match - tells some of the story i guess, on another day we could have been 4 or 5 up.

Big pressure on Rodgers now.

Going to your biggest rivial without playing a striker.

Going to Madrid in the CL and playing a B-Team.

For me those two thing alone should have him sacked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

A decent manager and we would have won this game no problem

A decent finisher you mean

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭pmy.murphy

Brendan is starting to lose the plot and his purchases have been awful along with his team selections but I dunno if sacking him now would help if were bringing in AVB. He would be just as lost coming into the job. Id keep Brendan unless until the end of the season unless theres a top class alternative available which theres not. AVB hadnt a clue either what to do when things were going wrong at Spurs like Brendan now. Most definately not an upgrade. An element of realism is required I think, its all very well and good calling for the managers head

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Bournemouth away not easy either. They are flying at the moment.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement