Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning in OP, 10/12

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

As much as I hate to say it, Rodgers is getting the sack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Rodgers isnt getting the sack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭Ardent

eagle eye wrote: »
    I think this could be the final nail in the coffin for Brendan Rogers if they are considering sacking him. Out of the ECL midweek and then a loss to your biggest rival. The timing just doesn't help him at all.

Not yet IMO. But a loss to bournemoth - who are flying high at the top of the championship - and then to arsenal in the league could well spell the end of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

ASOT wrote: »
    Rodgers isnt getting the sack.

Liverpool are on course to finish 8th or 9th. If things don't change, yes....he is getting sacked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Slattsy wrote: »
    DDG is man of the match - tells some of the story i guess, on another day we could have been 4 or 5 up.

Big pressure on Rodgers now.

Yep he kept them in it.

Sterling seemed to disappear after his big miss too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

spockety wrote: »
    If losing away to Manchester united is the sacking benchmark, then I would be just as worried about the owners as the manager.

lollingtons. The sacking benchmark actually is losing:

away to City
    home to Villa
    away to West Ham
    away to Basel
    home and away to Madrid
    away to Newcastle
    home to Chelsea
    away to Palace
    away to Utd

and being generally awful in terms of performances
    and out of the CL
    and out of the reckoning for CL qualificatio
    having wasted a pile of cash

Yeah that would ****ing do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

B402N_LCIAApAiv.png

Ronald Koeman :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭RED L4 0TH

Difficult to sum that up. Some good passages of outfield play. Chances created but not put away. We desperately need a striker. But where do you get one in January? Honestly think 4th (CL qual) is beyond us unless the EL is won. Wednesday night is so important now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

daRobot wrote: »
    Rodgers is finished. One player lost in the summer can never excuse this.

if our other striker was available today we would at least got one...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Going to your biggest rivial without playing a striker.

Going to Madrid in the CL and playing a B-Team.

For me those two thing alone should have him sacked.

And the B team was better than the A team :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Diego simeone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Slattsy wrote: »
    B402N_LCIAApAiv.png

Seeing AVB high on that list gives me the shivers. Out of the frying pan....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

Difference between the two teams is in goal and up front. Both solveable in January, and both clearly recognised by Rodgers. Talk of him being sacked is nonsense at this stage.

Ah heyor! You want to give him more money in January? He is a dead man walking, it is only a matter of when not if now IMO. He shouldn't get another cent.

Rodgers will have the rest of the season and beyond imo, Sterling missed two great opportunities, not Rodgers, one of them has to go in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Diego simeone

Yea, because he'd definitely going to leave a team who just won the La Liga, got to the final of Champions leagues and are challenging for the La Liga this year for us. :rolleyes:

Seeing Steve Staunton on that list gives me AIDS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Rodgers is living and dying by his signings tbh.

The fact he can't organise a defence is just the icing on the cake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,889 ✭✭✭✭klose

mada999 wrote: »
    if our other striker was available today we would at least got one...

Sturridge could return and score 30 goals but it dosent matter as we will continue to ship piss easy goals. Defence was pathetic again today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭petethebrick

RED L4 0TH wrote: »
    Difficult to sum that up. Some good passages of outfield play. Chances created but not put away. We desperately need a striker. But where do you get one in January? Honestly think 4th is beyond us unless the EL is won. Wednesday night is so important now.

No ****! It's so far beyond us we can't even see it. Last year was the most I've enjoyed watching Liverpool play since the early 1990s. This year has been the worst I've seen them play. Absolutely gormless and never even look like scoring the majority of the time. Little to no skill or creativity displayed. run the ball straight into opposing players, fail, try again........

I honestly can almost not bear to watch them at the moment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,298 ✭✭✭✭rob316

We don't have a goalscorer to shoulder the loss of Suarez and Sturridge and whoever ' s fault that is should go, if it's rodgers so be it.

United are no great shakes we could of had a few goals today but de Gea was outstanding.

In spite of it all I'm fully behind rodgers still.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Ganymede Glow

He might not get sacked but he's certainly not getting any money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Please resign Brendan Rodgers we've had enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Over to the game next Sunday could be a bit of craic if they don't win on Wednesday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

SlickRic wrote: »
    Rodgers is living and dying by his signings tbh.

The fact he can't organise a defence is just the icing on the cake.

We don't often agree, but we do here.

The signings are just absolutely criminally bad.

I genuinely can't think of a manager at a big club in the modern era with a record as bad :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭pmy.murphy

Well thats 4th place gone now for sure

klose wrote: »
    Sturridge could return and score 30 goals but it dosent matter as we will continue to ship piss easy goals. Defence was pathetic again today.

Shipping goals due to lack of potency up front. Case in point sterling's shot was saved, United broke forward and scored immediately. Proper goalscorers are vital.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

His team selection was just bizarre today. In saying that I thought we started the match today as well as we have in a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

How has Emre Can only played for 20 minutes since the Chelsea game?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭mrsoundie

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Benitez

I would have said Stevie Wonder.
    Mike Bassett would be better than that charlatan

Forgot about him.
    A decent manager and we would have won this game no problem

How hard can it be to get a teams tails up, if not for a Utd match?
    spockety wrote: »
    If losing away to Manchester united is the sacking benchmark, then I would be just as worried about the owners as the manager.

He has had his chances, and failed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Augeo wrote: »
    Rodgers will have the rest of the season and beyond imo, Sterling missed two great opportunities, not Rodgers, one of them has to go in.

liverpool had more points at this stage of the season under hodgson and souness and both were gone by january

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Was hoping this day wouldn't come for a while but I'm done as well. Enough is enough.

Sack him before we're in a relegation battle.

If there was any sign of improvement I wouldn't be saying this but we're getting worse week on week.

rob316 wrote: »
    :........

In spite of it all I'm fully behind rodgers still.

Yep.

Sterling misses two sitters..... Utd get a decision their way for the second goal.... DeG' a few top class saves.... Wouldn't blame Rodgers for today.

Last season didn't make us... This season won't break us

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭S. Goodspeed

Rogers has to take the blame for the awful defence but only the owners/board will know who's fault it was to not formulate/execute a succession plan for Suarez, to not secure adequate cover for Sturridge, a player with a known history of injuries or to not replace a keeper who spent all last season proving that he was out of his depth.

If Rogers was involved in those then he has to go. If not then others need to go and the whole club structure needs to be sorted out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,931 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Rodgers.." You can't concede the goals like we did"

Well Brendan you are in your 3rd season as manager of this club and we have been conceding goals like that from the day you took over!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭RED L4 0TH

No ****! It's so far beyond us we can't even see it.

Didn't want to exactly engage in full blown pessimism. But your more than likely right. Off now to take the imaginary dog for a long walk.

rossie1977 wrote: »
    liverpool had more points at this stage of the season under hodgson and souness and both were gone by january

Well come Feb Rodgers will still be in charge... Come back and see :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

You have to remember these things happen in cycles. Last year was a great year and the league was nearly won but for Gerrrard messing it up. It might be a while again but all teams have their bad moments. All the other teams might be a bit poorer next year and then it will be possible to win the league and stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I'm really not sure what anyone expected.

The game was pretty predictable.

We have very little ability to score and Utd are ruthless in front of goal.

Some people need a serious reality check. Even with Utd playing this poorly in 2/3 of the pitch, they're a better team than us. Arsenal probably are as well - it'll probably be much the same story next week.

You could nit-pick about the 11 starters but it really wasn't the problem today.

We didn't have any useful strikers available - Lambert just isn't good enough and I doubt Balotelli was fit.
    Jones didn't really put a foot wrong and Mignolet has been terrible.

You could argue that Moreno is too prone to switching off and I think that cost us today but all that would've changed was the magnitude of the loss.

Gerrard is a persistent problem, and he was a waste of a shirt in the first half especially, but he didn't make De Gea pull off worldies or our attackers miss chances.

The same facile arguments about the starting 11 are going to surface as they did against Basle but I don't think Rodger's selection has been a telling factor in either of the 2 games.

We don't have the players available to be able to expect to win against a team like Utd or Arsenal, regardless of the venue. Winning any game is going to be a struggle if you don't have any goal threat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭pmy.murphy

Brendan Rodgers quoted at the beginning of his term and at one stage last season that he should be judged on the 3rd season of his contract. Well Brendan its not looking good is it?? It looks like he may rue that statement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,076 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Sterling to Madrid? Don't make me laugh.

Gerrard still has another season left in him? Don't make me laugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Augeo wrote: »
    Well come Feb Rodgers will still be in charge... Come back and see :)

That's a very scary thought.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

This weekend last year.. How things have changed :(

5N2wbR9.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I'm not too surprised with the thread going into meltdown but that game actually gave us some encouragement.

Yup that's what I said, I await people losing it over something like that being said but that's the most creative we've been all season. Today we were actually able to create a lot of chances.

The Jones experiment is now over anyway. He was shocking, worse than Mignolet has been all season. Where the hell was he for the 1st and last goal? Crazy decision making.

Jones, Lovren and Allen out for the next match at least for Mignolet, Toure and Balotelli.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

I am not even going to bother asking, why we can't play with 2 Strikers, like we used to. Since we Started the Game, without actually playing one.

Absolutely Infuriating.

Some of his Decisions and Tactics are Mental. No Lucas. And playing Gerrard at DM, just not Work with a Team bereft of a Suarez and Sturridge.

Not to mention, Alienating Players that could have Helped us.

Rodgers is not only Digging his own Grave, but he also keeps Piling the Dirt on Top of it.

I want the owners to stand behind him and back him to sign a striker in the window. There is no way Rodgers wanted balotelli and lambert as his strike force, none. You are ignorant to the facts if you believe he is responsible for our lack of a goalscorer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Neeson wrote: »
    You have to remember these things happen in cycles. Last year was a great year and the league was nearly won but for Gerrrard messing it up. It might be a while again but all teams have their bad moments. All the other teams might be a bit poorer next year and then it will be possible to win the league and stuff.

That United team, West Ham and Southampton are in the top 5...it is a poor year.

pmy.murphy wrote: »
    Brendan Rodgers quoted at the beginning of his term and at one stage last season that he should be judged on the 3rd season of his contract. Well Brendan its not looking good is it?? It looks like he may rue that statement

Theres a few quotes from him floating around that have well and truly come back to bite him in the arse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

How has Emre Can only played for 20 minutes since the Chelsea game?

Yeah, he looks a beast. Surely should replace Allen or Henderson? Maybe not replacing Hendo as hes just been made VC by BR

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement