Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning in OP, 10/12

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

daithijjj wrote: »
    That 'awesome' feeling you get after you spend 215m and you end up having a Hodgson signing marshaling between the sticks over Christmas 4 years on.

Gonna have to treat myself to a nice bottle of Suntory Hibiki 17yr old to get through to January.

Wouldn't mind a 17 yr old to get me through January tbh

/arrested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

MD1990 wrote: »
    is behind Sampdoria & Genoa this season. .

2 points behind with a game in hand. They go 3rd if they win. Hardly the end of the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

I see Bony scored again. Had doubts about him myself but would have been worth the extra 5M or so ahead of Ballotelli.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

I'd take Benitez. Would have gotten us out of the group stages probably anyways...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

ebbsy wrote: »
    Playing without a recognised striker for half the game ? Lambert would have converted a few of those chances.

Rodgers has not got a clue what is going on. Hopefully Arsenal will do us all a favour and deliver the fatal blow.

Lambert wouldn't have got in those positions in the first place thats the whole point. No where near good enough, we shall not be seeing much more of him Id say

• Advertisement

Lambert wouldn't have got in those positions in the first place thats the whole point. No where near good enough, we shall not be seeing much more of him Id say

Yeah it was the correct decision to go without Lambert.

Just what was he thinking going for Jones...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

2 points behind with a game in hand. They go 3rd if they win. Hardly the end of the world.

But he was brought in to take the club on from Walter Mazzarri and has spent more money than Mazzarri had.

And he has not taken them forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

I am dissapointed after today we played well in parts but again our defensive play let us down. YOU SHOULD NEVER AND I MEAN EVER LET VALENCIA PASS LIKE HE DID. Jones for the most part had nothing to do bar diving a bit early for the first goal. That been said we do need another goalkeeper or 2 and sell him and Mig. I have been a fan of Brendan (The Rodgers for some) and what he was trying to do but his days are probably numbered be it before or after Christmas. However gets the job be it Benitezz or whoever they will have a confidence task on there hands with the team. Whenever Brendan does go I wish him well and thank him for last year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,888 ✭✭✭✭klose

At least benitez would fcuking rotate the squad and try out players. It took rodgers untill gerrard was practically walking for full games before he started to rotate him. Lovren/allen/hendo/johnson all need dropping, i fear rodgers will hunt out promising players like sakho/can/manquillo.

Should have signed Vorm in the summer.

Quality player and happy to play no.2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭pmy.murphy

klose wrote: »
    At least benitez would fcuking rotate the squad and try out players. It took rodgers untill gerrard was practically walking for full games before he started to rotate him. Lovren/allen/hendo/johnson all need dropping, i fear rodgers will hunt out promising players like sakho/can/manquillo.

I agree he keeps playing all the wrong players and yet the lads who might actually improve the team and make the difference are being frozen out. You can add Suso and Markovic to that trio you named too.

For that alone he shouldnt be left in the job but as I said realism is required and theres no point in sacking brendan just so we can bring in another idiot who will be similarly as incompetant when things go wrong like AVB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

Augeo wrote: »
    Fans ranting sack the manager after a poor third of a season is appalling to see imo, the chap gets no credit for a teams overperformance but the knives are out when they underperform.

gets huge credit for last year... but the mistakes were made in the summer... shocking really.. from him, the transfer committee and the club....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Agger & Reina being forced out during the summer :(

Both would be first choice right now :(

Mr Alan wrote: »

Toure and Agger marshalled by Reina. Would be rock solid.

Mr Alan wrote: »

And now it looks like Sakho and Suso may be forced out. ITs disgraceful how hes treating certain players who would definately improve the team. Susos quality but even when hes fit he wont be played

pmy.murphy wrote: »
    And now it looks like Sakho and Suso may be forced out. ITs disgraceful how hes treating certain players who would definately improve the team. Susos quality but even when hes fit he wont be played

Completely forgot about Sakho. Is he injured or what?

Not to mention his treatment of Borini...the guy he signed for £14 million.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Any truth behind a bust up between Rodgers and Gerrard in dressing room after the game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

Did not get to see the game. Will watch the highlights later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

MD1990 wrote: »
    :confused: Thats why he was near the sack after getting knocked by Bilbao in qualifying last August & is behind Sampdoria & Genoa this season. He signed Michu & David Lopez last summer both have done nothing & also overpaid for Albiol who has been a disater for them. He isn't doing a really bad job but Id say it would be below average don't forget 2 years ago they were the main challengers to Juventus.

The last two seasons in two different leagues he's finished 3rd and won a trophy. This season they're in the mix for third again, only beaten twice in fourteen games. A couple too many draws.

He's a very solid career over a long period at this stage.

• Advertisement

What signings do you want in January lads?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,931 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The simple fact of the matter since Rodgers became manager two and half seasons ago he has failed to address the the single major issue of the defense.

The club has spent the guts of £75 million on a goalkeeper and defenders yet we are still leaking goals for fun.

As a manager and as a coach he has done nothing with them.

There has never been a sign of leadership or even a sign they have been coached to play in anyway at all that looks defensive.

That is shocking from any coach.

Last season he had two strikers in the form of there lives scoring goals to paper of the cracks that he doesn't know how to set up a defense.

Untill that is sorted out we won't be going anywhere near the top 4/6.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Regardless of whether folk want Rodgers in/out he definitely deserves more than the sneering dismissal of his entire reign at Anfield. If you want him out, fair enough. You can call for his head without calling him a spoofer etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

still can't believe that some think rodgers is some kind of saviour and everything will work out in the end.

look at his record...are swansea any worse off now since rodgers left?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Oh, and seeing people call for Tony Puils in 'til the end of the season and Robbie Keane to be signed in January? Well, we certainly lose the run of ourselves on here quite spectacularly.

If Rodgers does get the axe, I really hope the rumours of Vilas Boas getting the job are not true.

I'd take Benitez over him any day.
    seeing people call for Tony Puils in 'til the end of the season

Hey, at least the team would pull together and fight!

:)

Gits_bone wrote: »

Lacazette and Schneiderlin/Clasie being realistic. Terence Kongolo too

mosstin wrote: »
    Oh, and seeing people call for Tony Puils in 'til the end of the season and Robbie Keane to be signed in January? Well, we certainly lose the run of ourselves on here quite spectacularly.

Sorry but create the chances Sterling had today and he'd have tucked 2 away.

Edinson Cavani
    Peter Cech

• Advertisement

Sorry but create the chances Sterling had today and he'd have tucked 2 away.

He wouldn't have had the legs to get in behind the defence for a start.

Edinson Cavani
    Peter Cech

Cavani is not realistic

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Liverpool use to always have good strikers like Rush, Fowler, Owen, Suarez...
    Sturridge is very good but too brittle and there isn't a decent striker of the right quality that one would associate with Liverpool.

I don't know what Rodgers was thinking with Mignolet, I mean fine to drop him if you think he would be better off dropped while he worked to get his confidence back.
    But saying Jones is replacing him for future matches and Mignolet accepts that wouldn't help him.
    He could take a leaf out of Van Gaal's today where he brought on McNair after hauling him off early in the previous match.

Rodgers last summer was out making comments how hard it would be for United to sign world class players given United are not in the CL, when it seems he should have been working on his own signings, he never replaced the goals of Suarez and everyone knew there was issues with Balotelli.
    If he loses his job he only has himself to blame. He looks lost at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

Jones and Allen should be no where near that team... rubbish....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

All I know is it's been a tough week. Out of the Champions League and losing to United.

He wouldn't have had the legs to get in behind the defence for a start.

Didn't need legs to get onto a short backpass..

• Advertisement

Bear in mind the other side to this - the question of transfers in January. I could not blame FSG if they refuse to sanction funds to Rodgers and, in such a case, it would mean he's a dead duck manager.

If that was the case I'd like Kenny to be brought in just to stabilise things under explicit public knowledge that he's out at the end of the season no matter what happens. That would take the heat off and give FSG time to get a candidate they are happy to back in the summer.

I hear is me thinking so many people wanted Reina out last year lest how many people (including myself) thought of Toure last season and wanted him out

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Mocha Joe

Any truth behind a bust up between Rodgers and Gerrard in dressing room after the game?

Where'd you get this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,888 ✭✭✭✭klose

Also at the current rate we are due to concede over 50 goals this season again! Weve pretty much always been very bad defensively under rodgers and it shows no sign of getting any better. Seriously unsustainable way of going about things.

Edit: christ just seen mignolet has accepted being dropped ffs! Gonna be a long chirstmas.

I agree he keeps playing all the wrong players and yet the lads who might actually improve the team and make the difference are being frozen out. You can add Suso and Markovic to that trio you named too.

For that alone he shouldnt be left in the job but as I said realism is required and theres no point in sacking brendan just so we can bring in another idiot who will be similarly as incompetant when things go wrong like AVB

Sacko I cant understand Can has been injured Markovic has been injured this year I thought. I actually thought Suso was on loan in Spain. I agee that we cant go and just sack him unless they have someone in the there mind.

• Advertisement

It was not last season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Ganymede Glow

Gerrard supposedly had a bust up with Dejan Lovren after the Crystal Palace match

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

Looks like we have Jones to look forward to in the next few games. Digging his own grave.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/30471299

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Giving Rodgers more money would be a mistake. He is marginalizing the squad right now (Borini, Migs appears to be the next) and sold off players we could have used this season as backup (Reina, Agger).

Why give him more money? He has failed to address key failings in the squad for some time now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Dayum

I see Bony scored again. Had doubts about him myself but would have been worth the extra 5M or so ahead of Ballotelli.

Bony's valuation in the Summer was 12m.

Bayern Munich were looking at him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Dayum wrote: »

£20m was what was being touted in the press

Dayum wrote: »

20M.

Augmerson wrote: »
    Giving Rodgers more money would be a mistake. He is marginalizing the squad right now (Borini, Migs appears to be the next) and sold off players we could have used this season as backup (Reina, Agger).

Why give him more money? He has failed to address key failings in the squad for some time now.

I wouldn't give him another cent. Which therefore means he has to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Just noticed that Rodgers has said that Brad Jones will continue in goal from now on.

WTF?

20 million for Lovren? We were had.

8 million more and we could have activated Diego Godin's release clause and probably trebled his wages.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement