Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning in OP, 10/12

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Dayum

What about Tite? (pronounced "Cheech")

He won the Copa Libertadores with Corinthians? Or Mano Menezes - managed Brazil until Scolari used his political muscle to install himself in the position leading up to the World Cup?

Both men would probably bring a bit of Brazilian flavour to Anfield bring a few names from the Brazilian League as well....the next few Neymar's could be knocking about....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

doc_17 wrote: »
    Why he started Lucas on the bench is beyond me. And why he even plays Allen is a complete mystery.

Same with lovren coming back in as well as johnson being a constant starter. Its baffling. I like allen as a squad player but he should really be dropped. Can must be scratching his head as to why he cant get a game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

If Rodgers was to go there wouldn't be a fulltime manager put in place till the summer.

A caretaker manager to take over that would give FSG planty of time to sound out a replacement.

This also gives plenty of managers around Europe time to look at there own positions and see if it's time for them to move on as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

It turned for me today so went on a bit of a posting rampage.

I really really wanted to believe but have lost confidence in Rodgers.

1. Putting Gerrard back in "controller" role after it was conclusively proved that he can't play there at all. It ruins his game - can't charge around, can't get forward to support attacks, assist, arrive late for that shot. He is worthless in the position and it exposes the defense and makes them more jittery.

It seemed that BR finally realised this after countless awful performances when he put Lucas in and he did a proper DM job for a.few games. Gerrard playing back in his proper position played well in two games, scoring, assisting and showing shades of his former self - man of the match in one game.

2. Dropping Mignolet, putting in Jones. This is.just unbelievable. Scapegoating Mignolet, his own signing. Mignolet has not been great but the defence in front of him have been woeful. Looks like this is a move to deflect attention? Jones just is in no way good enough. As someone has pointed out, what kind of character is happy to bench warm his whole career? Look at his career and his appearances: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brad_Jones_%28footballer%29

The Mignolet situation is representative of Rodgers having fundamental breakdowns in his relationships with players: Reina, Agger, Sakho, Borini etc.

Is there a keeper lined up for January? There would ****ing want to be. In the league alone we have Arsenal home, Burnley away, Swansea and Leicester at home before January. If Jones stinks up the place (like today), what happens? Back to Mignolet?

3. Persisting with Lovren (a ****ing joke). Not starting Toure. Toure has shown heart and was just named player of the month. Even Johnson started ahead of Toure a back 3 CB pairing. Lovren is so deluded he was talking about being a future captain two weeks ago, despite being shockingly poor since his arrival.

4. Not just one striker today (when everyone is dying for two to mix it up, provide balance)... No strikers! No strikers. Balotelli on the bench, Markovic on the bench, Lambert on the bench.

5. Too much pressure and. responsibility on Sterling. He will need counselling. Spear of attack today in OT. Expected to make the attack and then score the goal, AM and CF. You could see the ****ing state of him after.

More rants to come probably.

I'm just super dissapointed.

i sympathise with Rodgers cos its obvious.that with strikers performing at the top of the pitch, it allows your Coutinhos and Sterlings space to create and gives the defence time to organise BUT, and I never capitalise for emphasis, once there are no strikers (admittedly a disaster) his decisons have just been.... what?

Still randomly bursting into fits of laughter thinking of the first goal when jones treated it like a penalty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Hangballlouie's back....best bit of news all day.

klose wrote: »
    Still randomly bursting into fits of laughter thinking of the first goal when jones treated it like a penalty

Third one was worse for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Any chance FSG could coax Hitzfeld or Heynckes out of retirement? We need a wise, experienced manager to turn the club's fortunes around, and even one year under such a manager would do every member of the squad a world of good.
    I'd take Laudrup as caretaker until the end of the season though, and see how he does. Could be a smart move.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Hangballlouie's back....best bit of news all day.

Thanks Turty, missed you!!

Third one was worse for me.

They were all awful in their own uniquely Liverpool way.

• Advertisement

Thanks Turty, missed you!!

Was tempted to sign up to twitter just to keep in touch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

I wonder, if they did sack him, would bringing in someone like Jupp Heynckes to try and steady things... Get Frank De Boer in the summer but keep Heynckes as a DOF.

I think we need experience and we have none at the moment.

Wad tempted to sign up to twitter just to keep in touch.

Don't you ever sell out!! It is full of charlatans and people who are bad influences that used to hang around here. I'd fear you'd be corrupted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Here's a mad one.

The Russian FA are struggling to pay Capello at the moment.

How about getting him in on a short term deal?

He is a born winner, has had phenomenal success at club level and will certainly get the defence sorted out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Whats this about a row between Gerrard and Rodgers.

Twitter bollóx, or is there some substance to it ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Slattsy wrote: »

****ing hope so, there needs to be a backlash from the squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Twitter bollix I think. I saw it anyway from a fake Tony Barrett account

EDIT: here it is

https://twitter.com/TonyBadNews/status/544166044252655616

Anyone read that in Tonys scouse accent ? :)

I hope there was a row tbh.

If he's lost Gerrard, it's game over. No doubt about it. FSG seem to worship him, and rightly so, he's a club legend. Surely he must know that it's time to take a more withdrawn role with the team though, a player/coach deal.

• Advertisement

This is such a simplistic pot shot......

Ironic, it's in response to rodgers out type posts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

I seriously doubt there was a row between any of the players, not one of them have showed any fight on the pitch this year so why show it off the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭pmy.murphy

What happened to the 3 envelopes Brendan had at the beginning of his term? Think we need that more than ever now. He seems to have abandoned everything from his earliy days from this supposed philosophy to his way of handling underperforming players

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

pmy.murphy wrote: »
    What happened to the 3 envelopes Brendan had at the beginning of his term?

There are so many now that they'd have to open a depot to mange them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

What happened to the 3 envelopes Brendan had at the beginning of his term? Think we need that more than ever now. He seems to have abandoned everything from his earliy days from this supposed philosophy to his way of handling underperforming players

He's busily trying the old boiling kettle opening trick on them and has Mignolet, Sakho and Borini cards at the ready.

I doubt there was any row, if there was several fans of other teams would have posted it rather than just one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

the season is a write off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Gerrard and Rodgers haven't been getting on I posted that last week has it was hinted at in a number of podcasts.

This is where renting a house off one of you players really isn't a good idea.

Professional and private well and truly mixed in a bad way.

Don't see why Gerrard could have fallen out with him. He has protected him a lot more than other players, and it's not like Gerrard is busting his balls week after week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭colly10

He was horrendous all through the game.

He's poor every gave, just not good enough and never will be. How we can spend 130m and have this chap in midfield shows how the money we've wasted even if we forget we have only 1 decent striker and that our best defender in ancient and barely gets a look in.

We've never really had this kind of money, seeing it pissed away on a bunch of players that aren't good enough for the first team (the ones that are are barely played) is a little sickening. It'll be a long time before we have this kind of money to spend again

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Bowlardo wrote: »

Hardly. League Cup, Fa cup, Europa League (with CL spot for winners), Europa league qualification through league. Plenty to go yet if ye can do a Pardew style turnaround.

• Advertisement

Bowlardo wrote: »

Say 70 points is enough for 4th (its been slightly higher the last few years) we need a 2.3 ppg average in our remaining games, that means 16-17 wins in our remaining 22 games. Write off indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Our worst points tally since the 1964/65 season.

But I still have belief that they can turn things around but its going to be a difficult end to the year and Rodgers will need to get results quick and fast or the number of fans that are starting to turn against, will grow.

I can see why Rodgers went with Jones today as Mig has been dreadful and I probably would of done the same myself. I've done my fair share of defending Mig but I'm done now and he needs to be moved on.

Todays game was similar to utds game at the emirates, Arsenal had plenty of opportunities to get a win but utd have a devastating front line and put away their chances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭pmy.murphy

Should probably forget about the League now tbh, nothing left to play for, barring an absolute miracle of every team above us completely capitulating we wont be getting Champions League football. I say we go full blooded at the Europa League and try and win that, at this moment in time its more realistic than the actual top 4 if we can get Sturridge back and make 1 or 2 good signings in January

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Gerrard and Rodgers haven't been getting on I posted that last week has it was hinted at in a number of podcasts.

This is where renting a house off one of you players really isn't a good idea.

Professional and private well and truly mixed in a bad way.

Gerrard wouldn't allow Rodgers to put up his favourite portrait.

jaykay74 wrote: »
    Hardly. League Cup, Fa cup, Europa League (with CL spot for winners), Europa league qualification through league. Plenty to go yet if ye can do a Pardew style turnaround.

What, win five games in a row and back to the same old ****e again?
    No thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Btw, taking off Lallana today :rolleyes: :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

I thought Balo played well when he came on, he just couldn't finish. At least you knew he was on the fcuking pitch which is more than can be said for the likes of Allen, Henderson, Gerrard, Coutinho and Markovic when he came on.

Rodgers pissed me off immensely today. In particular no Lucas, playing Lovren and replacing Mignolet, for all of his comedy at times, with a Shels reject against Man U at OT is an absolute fcuking joke.

If he really said Jones will continue to play in goal then I'd swear he's looking for the bullet.

Can anyone tell me WTF Jordan Henderson does ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Our worst points tally since the 1964/65 season.

But I still have belief that they can turn things around but its going to be a difficult end to the year and Rodgers will need to get results quick and fast or the number of fans that are starting to turn against, will grow.

I can see why Rodgers went with Jones today as Mig has been dreadful and I probably would of done the same myself. I've done my fair share of defending Mig but I'm done now and he needs to be moved on.

Todays game was similar to utds game at the emirates, Arsenal had plenty of opportunities to get a win but utd have a devastating front line and put away their chances.

I not so sure any more.

Drops the GK a month too late.
    Drops Lucas when he clearly improved the team
    Lovern
    Brings Marko on and plays him as wing back :confused:
    Borini can't make the bench. His level of performance at Sunderland would make him our best or 2nd best player.
    Lallana, when he does play he gets hooked at half time.

Then the comments in the press. ' He's dropped indefinitely' a lame ass billy big bollocks comment. When he avoids the real decisions

T-K-O wrote: »
    Then the comments in the press. ' He's dropped indefinitely' a lame ass billy big bollocks comment. When he avoids the real decisions

THIS!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Christ some of the stuff I have read about the manager is abit much . This was the year FSG should have dropped a tonne of money into the club but a 40 million net spend . If you want success back the manager with top class players and spend money on wages . If you shop in the second level of players then you will never become a top class team .
    Honestly the team did play better then they have for awhile . Defensively still not great at all but they did create alot of chances and a poacher is really required ASAP .

For whatever reason he is being played as a right winger in a 4231 and today he played right wing back. Hes a centre mid, puzzling as to why hes being played out of position despite being good last season in central midfield.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    I wouldn't give him another cent. Which therefore means he has to go.

Unless you are FSG that comment is worthless.
    Personally I blame the owners and their moneyball policy which clearly is never going to work

There is a huge element of truth to this, Man City were spending big money for years before winning the title though so I can see the appeal of moneyball, to be fair FSG run a business it's not a hobby financed by other ventures. There's no doubt a happy medium but it's not easy to achieve.

Don't see why Gerrard could have fallen out with him. He has protected him a lot more than other players, and it's not like Gerrard is busting his balls week after week.

Indeed, can't see Gerrard having any problem with Rodgers, as team captain he's not performing. Rodgers has commenced the necessary dropping/resting of Gerrard which at the start of the season many reckoned was his biggest challenge. Gerrard is needed on the pitch though so it's a quandary. Not easy to resolve either.

Any fans expecting a team of Liverpool's current income levels etc to be in the top 4 every year is in dreamland. For that to happen everything needs to fall just right.

Football, has a habit of not falling just right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

Passes the ball back to Skrtel!!
    Seriously wasted out on the wing, and not a deep midfielder. He should be played the furthest midfielder in a trio or not at all. The midfield is just as disjointed as the defence because of the constant changes in formation and trying to get certain players in the team.

Christ some of the stuff I have read about the manager is abit much . This was the year FSG should have dropped a tonne of money into the club but a 40 million net spend . If you want success back the manager with top class players and spend money on wages . If you shop in the second level of players then you will never become a top class team .
    Honestly the team did play better then they have for awhile . Defensively still not great at all but they did create alot of chances and a poacher is really required ASAP .

This has been our biggest issue over the last 18-24 month. Where is our new DM, even a Lidl version??

A huge gross spend & a big net spend.

Rodgers is receiving the financial backing previous Liverpool managers could only have dreamt of.

If the results of this investment are second rate players, that's a reflection on the manager ability in the transfer market, not the backing he's getting from FSG which is very substantial.

If I were FSG I wouldn't give Rodgers another penny so bad is the way we've spent their money to date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

If you want success back the manager with top class players and spend money on wages . If you shop in the second level of players then you will never become a top class .

The essence of the transfer system that FSG have implemented, Moneyball, is that you don't spend big on established stars. You buy prospects with sell on value.

Hence why we've seen them buy Markovic, Moreno, Lovren et Al instead of breaking the bank for three world class players instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

Gets played out of position! He as Vice Captain has been hiding alongside Captain Gerard for a few weeks now. Anyone who watched last season seen him at his best closing a 10-20 yard gap and chasing down players in the opposition half. This season we chase in 1's and 2's instead of as a team. It's quite depressing.

When we fail to collect any points against Arsenal next week it will tell a huge story of how the players are responding to BR as a manager.

He loses the dressing-room he loses his job.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    THIS!

What frustrates me the most, coming off last season we had a real chance to close the gap with Utd/Arsenal. Keep one of the two out of the CL would have allowed us another summer to attract top talent.

If we fail to qualify for the CL this year it will be 10 years before we see CL football back at Anfield.

Depressing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Henderson is not hard to figure out. When the team is in form he's grand, but when the results drop so does his head and performance.

He's not a leader, and it's a bit of a joke that he's deputy captain. He only is because there's no-one else.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement