Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning in OP, 10/12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

If you don't want Rodgers, fine. I can't call that an unreasonable conclusion given how terrible we've been. I don't agree with it but we're at the stage where Rodgers deserves huge criticism.

However, a lot of the comments seem to be pure spite - calling a manager who finished 2nd and won manager of the year a chancer, a spoofer, a fool and all that ****e. I think some posters are making a show of themselves.

Unless there's actually a plan for what comes after it's just cutting our nose off to spite our face.

There's some good managers out there, but most of the suggestions have been fanciful (Simeone), poorly thought out (Rafa - who's had a pretty mixed record since he's left us and has poor form with clubs that interfere with his transfers) or down right embarrassing (Pardew).

We could find ourselves in a similar position to when Benitez left if we replace Rodgers with Hodgson mk.2

Replacing a manager is not a trivial decision. It'll cost us time, money to pay him off and there's real risk that we won't be any better off, especially given that we'll still have the same transfer constraints and transfer failures are the biggest factor in our downturn.

If he goes I'll be disappointed in how things went when we seemed to be finally moving in the right direction but replacing him with someone like De Boer would at least give me confidence that the club's in the right hands.

If it's AVB or whatever, no amount of surreptitious Kate Cohen article links will make me feel in any way positive about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Gbear wrote: »
    If you don't want Rodgers, fine. I can't call that an unreasonable conclusion given how terrible we've been. I don't agree with it but we're at the stage where Rodgers deserves huge criticism.

However, a lot of the comments seem to be pure spite - calling a manager who finished 2nd and won manager of the year a chancer, a spoofer, a fool and all that ****e. I think some posters are making a show of themselves.

Unless there's actually a plan for what comes after it's just cutting our nose off to spite our face.

There's some good managers out there, but most of the suggestions have been fanciful (Simeone), poorly thought out (Rafa - who's had a pretty mixed record since he's left us and has poor form with clubs that interfere with his transfers) or down right embarrassing (Pardew).

We could find ourselves in a similar position to when Benitez left if we replace Rodgers with Hodgson mk.2

Replacing a manager is not a trivial decision. It'll cost us time, money to pay him off and there's real risk that we won't be any better off, especially given that we'll still have the same transfer constraints and transfer failures are the biggest factor in our downturn.

If he goes I'll be disappointed in how things went when we seemed to be finally moving in the right direction but replacing him with someone like De Boer would at least give me confidence that the club's in the right hands.

If it's AVB or whatever, no amount of surreptitious Kate Cohen article links will make me feel in any way positive about it.

Spot on, its disgusting how some posters have turned on him after a few bad months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Long way to travel on a Thursday. Not a great draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

LFC February fixtures: Everton (a), Tottenham (h), Besiktas (h), Southampton (a), Besiktas (a), Man City (h)

I still hope we put out a full strength team in the Europa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Thanks to Dudek it could have been worse the other 2 left were ACF Fiorentina (ITA) & FC Internazionale Milano (ITA)

FC Internazionale Milano (ITA) is playing Celtic FC (SCO) and ACF Fiorentina (ITA) is playing Tottenham Hotspur FC (ENG)

I'd prefer Inter to Besiktas to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭pmy.murphy

MD1990 wrote: »
    LFC February fixtures: Everton (a), Tottenham (h), Besiktas (h), Southampton (a), Besiktas (a), Man City (h)

Why shouldnt we? Theres fcuk all to play for in the league

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭Sappy404

For the shortest month of the year, it's going to be a loooong February.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

The last time we played Besiktas we beat them 8 nil at Anfield !!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,076 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Slattsy wrote: »
    The last time we played Besiktas we beat them 8 nil at Anfield !!!!

... and you stuffed Man Utd one year too.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

Well said, lots of people are going too far and being too bitter in their sniping at BR, presumably alot of them never wanted him in the first place, now they're licking their chops.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

rob316 wrote: »
    Spot on, its disgusting how some posters have turned on him after a few bad months.

Honestly it has been this way since he came to the club. Its sickening and it really makes me dislike the Liverpool fan base in general.

These same "fans" were applauding him last season. Now it was all down to Suarez.

Of course anyone who defends Rodgers is called out for not being able to see anything negative with the club.

Believe me there is plenty wrong and we are all aware of it, but just because we want to give the man a bit of time to turn things around and maybe, you know give him a chance when he has our second best player from last season and main striker back fit!?

Football Fans are a fickle bunch and think they know more than everyone else though so there is really no point in talking to the majority of them.

Rodgers biggest **** up this season has been the transfer window. Either he didnt fight his corner enough to bring in a top striker or he chose badly. Lack of a striker could cost him his job. Sturridge in Sterlings position yesterday could have resulted in an entirely different result and that is no fault of Sterling.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

#I'mWithRodgers

rob316 wrote: »
    Well said, lots of people are going too far and being too bitter in their sniping at BR, presumably alot of them never wanted him in the first place, now they're licking their chops.

It's the talk of the "new regime" etc that gets me, some experts on here are actually 100% sure Rodgers is getting the boots.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/desmond-kane/post-suarez-liverpool-are-a-decomposing-corpse--but-their-season-could-yet-get-worse-212149340.html

Good article.

You can't put last season down to Rodgers genius.

We won our games in the first 20 minutes. Second halves still were not good.

Chelsea showed that if you keep Suarez/Sterling/Studge quiet in first half you have a great chance.

The gameplan of winning games in first half hour is nearly as bad as Trappatonis or Martin O'Neills.

Before Rodgers arrived Suarez wasn't that prolific for Liverpool. He had the team set up perfectly to utilise Suarez & Sturridge. Suarez is struggling for goals at Barca atm too & there style doesn't suit him.

Gits_bone wrote: »
    Chelsea showed that if you keep Suarez/Sterling/Studge quiet in first half you have a great chance..............

let's not get carried away, Chelsea was 2 games over a season. They'd smother most teams tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Oh dry your eyes. He's a big personality manager who loves to talk to the media and discuss his philosophies and outlook on the game in detail. Such a manager will be loved and hated. Managers live and die by results, and if he consistently loses football matches and consistently makes poor signings he'll lose his job. The club is a lot bigger than Brendan Rodgers.
    Gbear wrote:

Regarding the supposedly "mixed" record of Benitez:

2012 / 13: 3rd in Premier League; Europa League Winners
    2013 / 14: 3rd in Seria A; Coppa Italia Winners

Pretty solid.

We have less points than Hodgson gained over the same stretch of games. Everyone agreed Hodgson needed to be moved on however and we just needed someone else in to steady the ship - that there was no point having a man in charge over a transfer window when the owners wouldn't back him in same.

At the end of the day, sometimes you have to pull the trigger. We're doing poorly in the league; we're out of the CL; performances have been awful and basic errors show no signs of improvement; the more he invests in the squad the worse it seems to be.

I don't know what the long term manager answer is, but once you stop thinking Rodgers is capable of improving the situation he must go.

Before Rodgers arrived Suarez wasn't that prolific for Liverpool. He had the team set up perfectly to utilise Suarez & Sturridge. Suarez is struggling for goals at Barca atm too & there style doesn't suit him.

It was always going to happen this season.

Neymar - Messi - Suarez can't all score.

If Suarez kept his scoring rate from last season Barca'd be scoring 6 goals every game.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »

but once you stop thinking Rodgers is capable of improving the situation he must go.

FSG not you ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

NIMAN wrote: »
    ... and you stuffed Man Utd one year too.:rolleyes:

Think he was just pointing the last time the teams played each other. Not that it has a bearing on the game next year. No real need to be breaking out the rolling eyes to be honest.

• Advertisement

Augeo wrote: »
    FSG not you ;)

No, once I ascertain he can't take us forward then my opinion becomes that he can't stay. I can also review FSG's records in such matters and reach a guesstimate of the probability Rodgers survives from here absent of going on a winning run for about 6 - 10 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

I certainly think talk of sacking Rodgers is premature.

There's still a lot to play for in this season. Without putting all our hopes in one basket, I would expect our results to improve considerably once Sturridge comes back.

Let's see where we are come February/March. We still have a chance to win a few trophies and while top 4 looks a long shot it's still early to say we're out of the race.

Oh dry your eyes. He's a big personality manager who loves to talk to the media and discuss his philosophies and outlook on the game in detail. Such a manager will be loved and hated. Managers live and die by results, and if he consistently loses football matches and consistently makes poor signings he'll lose his job. The club is a lot bigger than Brendan Rodgers.

Pretty solid.

We have less points than Hodgson gained over the same stretch of games. Everyone agreed Hodgson needed to be moved on however and we just needed someone else in to steady the ship - that there was no point having a man in charge over a transfer window when the owners wouldn't back him in same.

At the end of the day, sometimes you have to pull the trigger. We're doing poorly in the league; we're out of the CL; performances have been awful and basic errors show no signs of improvement; the more he invests in the squad the worse it seems to be.

I don't know what the long term manager answer is, but once you stop thinking Rodgers is capable of improving the situation he must go.
    Chelsea were the CL winners but he did do a good job. Napoli finished 2nd in 12/13 & then failed to get out of the group stage of the CL but was very unlucky in fairness.Was knocked out of the Europa at the last 16 too. Id say Benitez first year was above average with the money spent. This season Napoli look poor lost 2-0 last night to a very poor Milan side.

Chelsea were the CL winners but he did do a good job. Napoli finished 2nd in 12/13 & then failed to get out of the group stage of the CL but was very unlucky in fairness.Was knocked out of the Europa at the last 16 too. Id say Benitez first year was above average with the money spent. This season Napoli look poor lost 2-0 last night to a very poor Milan side.

They've struggled a little but they also had a very good win over Roma. Well in the mix for third.

They've struggled a little but they also had a very good win over Roma. Well in the mix for third.
    He has spent alot of money at Napoli poorly though . If we were looking at a new manager I would want a manager with a better transfer record. Rudi Garcia would be my choice as he bought very well at Roma.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

Indefensible

5u4dx2.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Pardew got Newcastle to europe not long after being promoted.

Now I believe he's purposely falling short of europe to please Ashley. Pardew is arrogant but has never said silly things like Rodgers has this season.

If B Rod left who would come looking for him...it would be a Villa or Newcastle type of team....not Everton or Spurs anyways.

So you want Pardew as manager with a strike force of Robbie Keane and Jordan Rhodes.

I think I can see what you are at and where you are coming from.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,280 ✭✭✭slingerz

Rodgers admitted there was dressing room problems after yday. For me when that happens it's the beginning of the end really very rarely the manager comes back from that.

Rumours of a gerrard/Lovren bust up after the palace game.

I think the owners have a conundrum at the moment. Rodgers would have to go before the transfer window to give him replacement time to add to the squad for what he wants. There's the cost of replacing Rodgers and bringing someone else in. Then there's the availability of a decent alternative

Klopp or De Boer seem like realistic alternatives. Rafa not so much perhaps. AVB would not be an option for me anyway. Would Klopp leave Dortmund mid season? Unlikely I would think

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

So you want Pardew as manager with a strike force of Robbie Keane and Jordan Rhodes.

Great username though.

• Advertisement

So everyone who thinks Rodgers needs more time can you answer why after 2.5 seasons as Liverpool manager/coach the defence as not improved and we leak goals for fun.

Why can't a manger/coach who is seen as one of the best young managers/coach in world football at least improve that or at least give them some system or organisation and not have them look like headless chickens after working with them for 2.5 seasons.

Pretty solid.

And the failure at Inter. And the failure to get into the CL this season.

Getting 3rd in that league with that team is the minimum that you'd expect. This season they've been very flaky.

Part of me would love to have him back because I don't think he deserved to be treated the way he was but he hasn't been pulling up trees since and I don't think we'd be better off this season.

A huge part of Hodgson's loss of popularity was down to his apparent contempt for the club, it's values and the fans.

At worst, Rodgers is just bad at his job.
    Like I said, I don't even want to argue that Rodgers should be supported, but there's a difference between withdrawing support and putting the boot in.

Incorrect. You need to plan what to do after he goes. And it can't just be "**** it, stick Colin Pascoe in".
    This isn't a uniquely Liverpool problem - sacking the manager without thought for what comes after is endemic in football.
    I can understand it if his position becomes untenable for non-football reasons (like Malky Mckay or something).

The desperation bollocks relegation fodder get up to usually doesn't work. And when they just about get away with it, it doesn't have the staying power.

We're bad, ergo sack Rodgers isn't a good plan. It's just a knee jerk.

If we're sacking Rodgers tomorrow we need to have been planning who he's going to be replaced with for months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

It actually breaks my heart that Lacazette scored another two at the weekend, would have been having a field day for us with some of the chances sterling etc has been misssing.

We should give Rodgers until the end of the season he deserves that. If things don't improve like they did in 12/13 we should look for a new manager. I would be targetting.

- Klopp
    - Rudi Garcia
    - Frank De Boer
    - Conte
    - Benitez
    - Montella
    - Rjikaard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

We got besiktas in the draw for the europa league if anyone cares :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Nothing but a win against Arsenal in my opinion is acceptable. A loss there and 4th is without doubt out of our reach and Rodgers will probably deserve to be removed.

And it pains me to say that as I am a big Rodgers fan, Him being Irish I wanted LFC to do well as much for him as I did for the club and the fans.

4th is wide open. It's between us, spurs and Arsenal. West Ham should fall off soon and Southampton already have begun to. Question is can we put some sort of run together to mount a challenge for 4th.

Arsenal Home
    Burnley Away
    Swansea Home
    Leicester Home.

12 points from above is a must all before Jan 2nd

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

And the failure at Inter. And the failure to get into the CL this season.

Getting 3rd in that league with that team is the minimum that you'd expect. This season they've been very flaky.

Part of me would love to have him back because I don't think he deserved to be treated the way he was but he hasn't been pulling up trees since and I don't think we'd be better off this season.

A huge part of Hodgson's loss of popularity was down to his apparent contempt for the club, it's values and the fans.

At worst, Rodgers is just bad at his job.
    Like I said, I don't even want to argue that Rodgers should be supported, but there's a difference between withdrawing support and putting the boot in.

Incorrect. You need to plan what to do after he goes. And it can't just be "**** it, stick Colin Pascoe in".
    This isn't a uniquely Liverpool problem - sacking the manager without thought for what comes after is endemic in football.
    I can understand it if his position becomes untenable for non-football reasons (like Malky Mckay or something).

The desperation bollocks relegation fodder get up to usually doesn't work. And when they just about get away with it, it doesn't have the staying power.

We're bad, ergo sack Rodgers isn't a good plan. It's just a knee jerk.

If we're sacking Rodgers tomorrow we need to have been planning who he's going to be replaced with for months.

I agree with all of this (except the Inter line - that's more complex than just saying he flopped).

5starpool wrote: »
    I agree with all of this (except the Inter line - that's more complex than just saying he flopped).

I think the biggest criticism there was getting back into management too quickly.

It was a hiding to nothing and he didn't have the control he wanted.

I just felt like it wasn't fair to ignore it if you're talking about his recent record.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

Benitez would not get Liverpool to a where we want to be.

As much as Rogers was totally reliant on Suarez and to an extent Sturridge last season he was utterly reliant on Gerrard and Torres. His record in the transfer market at Liverpool was not great either.

His best days are behind him. As i see it we have 2 options.

1. Stick with Rogers and sack off the season. Do it on the basis that we have some support come in and de-centralise the decision making - especially around transfers. I cannot see Rogers accepting that.

2. Cut him at the end of the season, Klopp is the only coach I could get excited about in that list.

The squad is littered with average players who lived off the success of Suarez and Sturridge last year. Gerrard is a busted flush and needs to be an impact sub, it's only going to get worse.

Ferguson's genius was his lack of sentimentality, when it was time, players went.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

The away leg of the Besiktas tie takes place either 3 days before our tie with Man City or 3 days before we play in the league cup final. Not ideal prep either way, but shouldn't be used as an excuse not to try to win the bloody thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

klose wrote: »
    We got besiktas in the draw for the europa league if anyone cares :pac:

Last time we played them we lost 2-1 away and won 8-0 at home :o

• Advertisement

Show me where I want a strikeforce of Keane and Rhodes. What else will you make up?

Robbie Keane would score more goals than Balotelli in this team I am certain.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

We won't beat Besiktas.

We don't look like we have the beating of anyone these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Benitez would not get Liverpool to a where we want to be.

As much as Rogers was totally reliant on Suarez and to an extent Sturridge last season he was utterly reliant on Gerrard and Torres. His record in the transfer market at Liverpool was not great either.

His best days are behind him. As i see it we have 2 options.

1. Stick with Rogers and sack off the season. Do it on the basis that we have some support come in and de-centralise the decision making - especially around transfers. I cannot see Rogers accepting that.

2. Cut him at the end of the season, Klopp is the only coach I could get excited about in that list.

The squad is littered with average players who lived off the success of Suarez and Sturridge last year. Gerrard is a busted flush and needs to be an impact sub, it's only going to get worse.

Ferguson's genius was his lack of sentimentality, when it was time, players went.

The squad is littered with huge potential and players at the right age to build a solid squad out of rodgers however seems hellbent on using the old guard who should have been moved on some time ago. Tell johnson/enrique/ skrtel/lovren/mignolet/jones to go find new clubs, there time here for me anyways should be coming to an end. Id tell gerrard to accept he will not be a guaranteed starter. Build a team around the likes or moreno/manquillo/sakho/can/markovic/sterling and sturridge. I agree with lloyds post yesterday where he said the club needs a top class keeper, a good inderstudy. A defensive mid whod be an upgrade on lucas and one more quality pacey striker. Theres plenty of player to fill out the squad with them

Benitez transfers in (only those over 5m to guage the impact of his big money signings. Basically pretty good, then for reasons I cannot fathom in 2008 he tied a noose around his neck with the signings of Keane and Aquilani. Johnson was at one stage a good player for us so we can't complain, Dossena wasn't great and Riera wasn't much use either.

Actually up to that point his record was fairly good. Morientes never really worked out, nor did Babel, but there are some players in there who would walk into today's team (Mascherano, Torres, Alonso), even Dirk Kuyt would be an upgrade on Balotelli (never wanted him or rated him) and the plodding Lambert ´n Butler.

I take it back, but I still wouldn't want Rafa back.

Xabi Alonso
    Real Sociedad £10,700,000 20 August 2004
    Luis Garcia
    Barcelona £6,000,000 20 August 2004

Fernando Morientes
    Real Madrid £6,300,000 13 January 2005

Pepe Reina
    Villarreal £6,000,000 4 July 2005

Momo Sissoko
    Valencia £5,600,000 14 July 2005
    Peter Crouch
    Southampton £7,000,000 20 July 2005

Daniel Agger
    Brondby £5,800,000 12 January 2006

Craig Bellamy
    Blackburn £6,000,000 1 July 2006

Jermaine Pennant
    Birmingham £6,700,000 26 July 2006
    Dirk Kuyt
    Feyenoord £9,000,000 18 August 2006

Lucas
    Gremio £5,000,000 11 May 2007

Fernando Torres
    Atletico Madrid £20,200,000 4 July 2007

Yossi Benayoun
    West Ham £5,000,000 12 July 2007
    Ryan Babel
    Ajax £11,500,000 13 July 2007

Martin Skrtel
    Zenit St Petersburg £6,500,000 11 January 2008
    Javier Mascherano
    Media Sports Investment £18,600,000 29 February 2008

Andrea Dossena
    Udinese £7,000,000 4 July 2008

Robbie Keane
    Tottenham £19,000,000 28 July 2008
    Albert Riera
    Espanyol £8,000,000 31 August 2008
    Glen Johnson
    Portsmouth £17,500,000 26 June 2009
    Alberto Aquilani
    Roma £17,100,000 7 August 2009

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭pmy.murphy

Show me where I want a strikeforce of Keane and Rhodes. What else will you make up?

Very ambitious signings there I have to say, why not get relegated to the Championship altogether too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

Just on Suarez/Barcelona. I think he'll be successful for them to a point as he has too much talent for it not to shine through but he's a players whose best game is built around chaos. It's the antithesis of how Barcelona play. Having seem him play a couple of times he looks constricted in his movement which isn't surprising considering he now has to fit into a very structured playing style at Barcelona.

Messi/Neymar are already ahead of him in the pecking order which means he's playing third fiddle to a large degree having to sacrifice much of his explosive, creative freedom he enjoyed at other clubs. He'll win loads of stuff no doubt but I wonder at what personal cost. Madrid probably would have suited him better as a player although he exerts such influence when the main man that a team created purely for him still maximises his talent.

I think it's a wider interesting question with the big two in Spain sucking up all the very top tier talent in the world.

There you go.

Jordan Rhodes worth a gamble anyone? Would always sell him on if it didn't work...

Jordan Rhodes here
    Robbie Keane would be a shrewd signing until Origi comes back.

Robbie Keane here.

klose wrote: »
    The squad is littered with huge potential and players at the right age to build a solid squad out of rodgers however seems hellbent on using the old guard who should have been moved on some time ago. Tell johnson/enrique/ skrtel/lovren/mignolet/jones to go find new clubs, there time here for me anyways should be coming to an end. Id tell gerrard to accept he will not be a guaranteed starter. Build a team around the likes or moreno/manquillo/sakho/can/markovic/sterling and sturridge. I agree with lloyds post yesterday where he said the club needs a top class keeper, a good inderstudy. A defensive mid whod be an upgrade on lucas and one more quality pacey striker. Theres plenty of player to fill out the squad with them

I'd agree except for Lovren and Skrtel. Lovren has great ability if we would put a system in place which gives him cover. Mignolet and his decision making has destabilised everything and the mf offer little protection unless Lucas has a good day. All our Cbs have looked shakey in this team and I have to think it is a systemic issue rather than we have got 4 poor defenders.

There you go.

Jordan Rhodes here

Robbie Keane here.

Yeah but I missed the post where I say I want them as our strikeforce with Pardew managing them..

Or are you going to continue combining every post I've made?

Next thing you'll be saying I want Ray D'arcy signed aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

if Rodgers persists with Jones he is out the door hilarious watching him yesterday jumping out of the way for the first goal

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement