Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning in OP, 10/12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Having slept on it and thinking about it today, i'm even more incredulous on that team selection yesterday.

I just can't get over Mignolet being dropped 'indefinately' and ****ing Brad Jones installed as no.1. I just can't get over it.

Look at the highlights again from the game yesterday. The first goal would actually be hilarious if it wasnt so tragic - Jones actually dives the wrong way before Rooney shoots. If he had actually stayed in his feet he should have had time to dive and catch it as it was hardly a rasper and was to the middle of the right side of the goal. What keeper does that when its not a penalty? Wtf?

The third goal was a total laugh too.

This is really just the worst decision ever. What the **** is Rodgers doing? He's lost his mind. 'It's all Mignolet's fault'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

if Rodgers persists with Jones he is out the door hilarious watching him yesterday jumping out of the way for the first goal

In Fairness he was absolutely shocking for the 3rd goal. 1st was bad but Mata didn't even convincingly sell his dummy for 3rd yet Jones was already committing himself to the "save"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

I don't hear him saying anything about making mistakes, sheltering the players etc. He seems a bit too keen to throw players under the bus and protect his own ego.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Having slept on it and thinking about it today, i'm even more incredulous on that team selection yesterday.

I just can't get over Mignolet being dropped 'indefinately' and ****ing Brad Jones installed as no.1. I just can't get over it.

Look at the highlights again from the game yesterday. The first goal would actually be hilarious if it wasnt so tragic - Jones actually dives the wrong way before Rooney shoots. If he had actually stayed in his feet he should have had time to dive and catch it as it was hardly a rasper and was to the middle of the right side of the goal. What keeper does that when its not a penalty? Wtf?

This is really just the worst decision ever. What the **** is Rodgers doing? He's lost his mind. 'It's all Mignolet's fault'.

3rd goal was the most embarrassing piece of goalkeeping I've seen in a long while.

It was even a shot fake by Mata, just a disguised pass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

The only saving grace is that Arsenal have been dropping lots of points this season also. Most other seasons gone by and Liverpool's season would effectively been written off. 4th is still within grasp if the team gets their shít together after Xmas. That means getting in an effective striker.

If the form continues the way it has been so far this season, giving Rodgers the chop in May wouldn't be a rash decision imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

I'm not crisitising it specifically but I do find it odd that Rodgers spent a good deal of time talking about his youth coaching background and we as fans were sold someone who would do huge amounts to develop grass roots talent from within the club. Who has really got a chance? Sterling was already introduced under Kenny. Flanagan was forced upon him due to lack of options but admittedly worked out well. Beyond that first season the academy players have hardly had a look in. It wouldn't matter if he was winning football matches as that is ultimately his main priority but at the moment his position means all areas are under the microscope. Specific reasons for this can of course explain why we have had a lack of youth involvement but it's just another facet on which I feel he's failing no matter the reasons behind it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

magma69 wrote: »
    The only saving grace is that Arsenal have been dropping lots of points this season also. Most other seasons gone by and Liverpool's season would effectively been written off. 4th is still within grasp if the team gets their shít together after Xmas. That means getting in an effective striker.

If the form continues the way it has been so far this season, giving Rodgers the chop in May wouldn't be a rash decision imo.

No... Now we need a striker and a keeper. Whatever confidence Mignolet may have had has been thrown of a mountain, driven over and then smashed with rocks. I'll be amazed if Origi does not arrive in January.

No... Now we need a striker and a keeper. Whatever confidence Mignolet may have had has been thrown of a mountain, driven over and then smashed with rocks. I'll be amazed if Origi does not arrive in January.

He got booed by his own fans recently I think.
    Hasn't scored in near 1000 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

4th place would be nothing short of miraculous to be honest.

We have problems defensively, in midfield and up front. We'd need one hell of a transfer window to be in with the smallest chance.

Don't see it, sadly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Daemonic

Gits_bone wrote: »
    Yeah but I missed the post where I say I want them as our strikeforce with Pardew managing them..

Or are you going to continue combining every post I've made?

Next thing you'll be saying I want Ray D'arcy signed aswell.
    I'm sure he left the Pardew bit out to save you further embarassment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

The first goal WAS hilarious. It looked like he was diving out of the way of the shot:D

MOTD showed he was un-sighted for the shot but, ffs, it's his job to get into the right position for the shot.

It's going to be a pure comedy show with Jones in goal for the next few games.:rolleyes:

Daemonic wrote: »
    I'm sure he left the Pardew bit out to save you further embarassment.

Once again, take Ashley away from Newcastle and people wouldn't hate newcastle as much.

Newcastle went 18 months at one stage without signing a player permanently...yet he still met his owners expecations of finishing in the middle of nowhere (not in europe to save costs and avoiing relegation).

And I never said I wanted Pardew to come in and sign Rhodes and Keane as his 2 strikers.

What do you made of people sounding out Klopp and Simeone..do you think they're crazy they want BOTH Klopp and Simeone????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Now this is interesting. De Boer keen on Liverpool job
    according to his brother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Once again, take Ashley away from Newcastle and people wouldn't hate newcastle as much.

Newcastle went 18 months at one stage without signing a player permanently...yet he still met his owners expecations of finishing in the middle of nowhere (not in europe to save costs and avoiing relegation).

And I never said I wanted Pardew to come in and sign Rhodes and Keane as his 2 strikers.

What do you made of people sounding out Klopp and Simeone..do you think they're crazy they want BOTH Klopp and Simeone????
    You said you wanted Keane.
    You said you wanted Rhodes.
    You said you wanted Pardew.

It would be quite reasonable to assume that, with you wanting each of them, that you would want all of then. If you didn't want them then why did you look for them?

5live wrote: »
    You said you wanted Keane.
    You said you wanted Rhodes.
    You said you wanted Pardew.

It would be quite reasonable to assume that, with you wanting each of them, that you would want all of then. If you didn't want them then why did you look for them?

That's a naiive assumption.

Different suggestions.

SO when that poster previously named out 10 players to improve the team...you thought he wanted all 10?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

Now this is interesting. De Boer keen on Liverpool job
    according to his brother.

A Daily Mail article in which he was quoted by Fox Sports = massive mountain of salt

Interview with James Pearse from the Liverpool Echo. He talks from about 4mins on about the transfer committee and the internal power struggle that is going on. Apparently Rodgers really pushed for Vorm as a back up keeper in the summer but the commitee didn't feel he was value. It would explain the current situation with Jones playing.

https://soundcloud.com/anfieldhq/james-pearce-corrected

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Interview with James Pearse from the Liverpool Echo. He talks from about 4mins on about the transfer committee and the internal power struggle that is going on. Apparently Rodgers really pushed for Vorm as a back up keeper in the summer but the commitee didn't feel he was value. It would explain the current situation with Jones playing.

Haven't listened yet, just a comment on the point about Vorm, assuming it's true. The question now isn't why didn't they consider Vorm to be worth the money for a backup keeper, but why wasn't anyone else bought instead?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

When Brendan Rodgers was offered the job he was strong enough to tell FSG he wouldn't take it with Van Gaal as DoF that if he was to take the job he wanted full control over the comings and goings into the club.

Now what has changed.

He finished second in the league and got us back into the CL for the first time in 5 years he would hold more power than ever at the club you would expect so how come now a transfer committee picks the players?

Who keeps leaking it to the press that these are not Brendan Rodgers players?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Let's say it was true. Punting games due to political point proving selections is just going to make firing him easy. We need results more than anything else right now.

• Advertisement

Even if you have sympathy with regards how the transfer committee is operating it should be noted that the players he has been really pushed for like Borini, Lovren, Lambert and Lallana etc wouldn't give you confidence in him having full control.

Even if you have sympathy with regards how the transfer committee is operating it should be noted that the players he has been really pushed for like Borini, Lovren, Lambert and Lallana etc wouldn't give you confidence in him having full control.

Lambert was always a plan B though, giving us something different when plan A doesn't work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

i don't definitely want Rodgers sacked, but he's not helping himself at all.

2 recent things just bug me, and I can't shake them.

Firstly, the away game in Madrid. Now, we were playing a lot of games so rotation was arguably needed, I get that. And we got a decent performance, I get that too. But it just seemed wrong. It was THE glamour tie. It was one of the reasons we wanted Champions League nights back. And he plays, for all we knew, a reserve team - a team that he hadn't played all season together. He made a "big call". Players played well, then didn't start the next game. It smacked of just making a "big call" for the sake of it, with no real logic behind it.

Secondly, yesterday. choosing yesterday as the time to drop Mig, play Sterling as a lone striker, along with dropping Lucas and Touré AND putting Stevie back to the DM role despite effective performances coming recently in the attacking third. Again, it just smacked of making "big calls" for the sake of it. "Look at me, able to change things up, and catch the opposition off guard with my nous".

as I say, I just can't shake these sorts of things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

How reliable is James pearse does anyone know?

If this is being leaked by Rodgers camp then it's p45 time, silly move, Rodgers isn't going to get a bigger club than Liverpool to manage.

Lambert was always a plan B though, giving us something different when plan A doesn't work.

Fair enough but the players you would say the manager definetly wanted in general wouldn't inspire much confidence. Pearse does seem very pro Rodgers in the interview, not saying he shouldn't be but journalists in general tend of have allegiances in some direction, generally the one that feeds them :)

I'm only listening to it at the moment myself. Says Rodgers was dead against Balo early in the window but was presented with him as the only available option late in the window and felt he had no choice but to go with him. Remember all that stuff where he met with Balo for a meeting before he signed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭mylefttesticle

Gbear wrote: »
    And the failure at Inter. And the failure to get into the CL this season.

Getting 3rd in that league with that team is the minimum that you'd expect. This season they've been very flaky.

Part of me would love to have him back because I don't think he deserved to be treated the way he was but he hasn't been pulling up trees since and I don't think we'd be better off this season.

A huge part of Hodgson's loss of popularity was down to his apparent contempt for the club, it's values and the fans.

At worst, Rodgers is just bad at his job.
    Like I said, I don't even want to argue that Rodgers should be supported, but there's a difference between withdrawing support and putting the boot in.

Incorrect. You need to plan what to do after he goes. And it can't just be "**** it, stick Colin Pascoe in".
    This isn't a uniquely Liverpool problem - sacking the manager without thought for what comes after is endemic in football.
    I can understand it if his position becomes untenable for non-football reasons (like Malky Mckay or something).

The desperation bollocks relegation fodder get up to usually doesn't work. And when they just about get away with it, it doesn't have the staying power.

We're bad, ergo sack Rodgers isn't a good plan. It's just a knee jerk.

If we're sacking Rodgers tomorrow we need to have been planning who he's going to be replaced with for months.

I would like to first state that I think BR should get till the end of the season before a decision is made.

BUT you are out of your mind to think RB would not do a better job, he has won titles at all leading clubs he has been at. The fact he is a strong character seems to put a lot of people off, not me, I would love to see him back and I think given the right backing and time he would deliver the title and continued success. people go on about his signings being duds, absolute bull **** when given money he normally got it right, the majority of players with potential he brought on and turned them into world class players is easily one of the most neglected side of his management. Even when he bought **** he usually managed to turn a profit on them and his loss regarding transfers in his time is non existent, that cant be said for right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Benitez transfers in (only those over 5m to guage the impact of his big money signings. Basically pretty good, then for reasons I cannot fathom in 2008 he tied a noose around his neck with the signings of Keane and Aquilani. Johnson was at one stage a good player for us so we can't complain, Dossena wasn't great and Riera wasn't much use either.

Actually up to that point his record was fairly good. Morientes never really worked out, nor did Babel, but there are some players in there who would walk into today's team (Mascherano, Torres, Alonso), even Dirk Kuyt would be an upgrade on Balotelli (never wanted him or rated him) and the plodding Lambert ´n Butler.

I take it back, but I still wouldn't want Rafa back.

Xabi Alonso
    Real Sociedad £10,700,000 20 August 2004
    Luis Garcia
    Barcelona £6,000,000 20 August 2004

Fernando Morientes
    Real Madrid £6,300,000 13 January 2005

Pepe Reina
    Villarreal £6,000,000 4 July 2005

Momo Sissoko
    Valencia £5,600,000 14 July 2005
    Peter Crouch
    Southampton £7,000,000 20 July 2005

Daniel Agger
    Brondby £5,800,000 12 January 2006

Craig Bellamy
    Blackburn £6,000,000 1 July 2006

Jermaine Pennant
    Birmingham £6,700,000 26 July 2006
    Dirk Kuyt
    Feyenoord £9,000,000 18 August 2006

Lucas
    Gremio £5,000,000 11 May 2007

Fernando Torres
    Atletico Madrid £20,200,000 4 July 2007

Yossi Benayoun
    West Ham £5,000,000 12 July 2007
    Ryan Babel
    Ajax £11,500,000 13 July 2007

Martin Skrtel
    Zenit St Petersburg £6,500,000 11 January 2008
    Javier Mascherano
    Media Sports Investment £18,600,000 29 February 2008

Andrea Dossena
    Udinese £7,000,000 4 July 2008

Robbie Keane
    Tottenham £19,000,000 28 July 2008
    Albert Riera
    Espanyol £8,000,000 31 August 2008
    Glen Johnson
    Portsmouth £17,500,000 26 June 2009
    Alberto Aquilani
    Roma £17,100,000 7 August 2009

One thing thats strikes me from that list is the relative cost of players now versus then.
    Allen - 12m
    Borini - 10m
    Sakho - 18m
    Origi - 10m
    Lovren - 20m
    Markovic - 20m
    Lallana - 25m
    Can - 10m

Oranage2 wrote: »
    How reliable is James pearse does anyone know?

If this is being leaked by Rodgers camp then it's p45 time, silly move, Rodgers isn't going to get a bigger club than Liverpool to manage.

Very reliable, would be near the top of journalists when it comes to Liverpool.

Only my personal opinion but I do get the sense he's going to bat for Rodgers in this interview.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

One thing thats strikes me from that list is the relative cost of players now versus then.
    Allen - 12m
    Borini - 10m
    Sakho - 18m
    Origi - 10m
    Lovren - 20m
    Markovic - 20m
    Lallana - 25m
    Can - 10m

I would say there has been significant inflation in the market compared to when rafa was here but still makes for grim reading.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

I would like to first state that I think BR should get till the end of the season before a decision is made.

BUT you are out of your mind to think RB would not do a better job, he has won titles at all leading clubs he has been at.

Must have missed the title he won at Liverpool, and Inter ,and Chelsea ,and Napoli

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

klose wrote: »
    We got besiktas in the draw for the europa league if anyone cares :pac:
    Barely even newsworthy or so it would seem!

Would like to see us have a go against them. You'd think over two legs we had enough to beat them.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Must have missed the title he won at Liverpool, and Inter ,and Chelsea ,and Napoli

Don't limit yourself to the narrow convenient definition that applies to just leagues and you'll find them easily enough when you stop being pedantic.

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=318844.0
    Liverpool Echo's James Pearce one of the most trusted persons regarding LFC affairs has come out to suggest that the Transfer Committee (TC) could have made BR's work difficult at Anfield. The sale of senior players on big wages and the signings that BR made this season were not totally his choice, but the committee's. Many managers refused to work under a sporting director when they were interviewed by FSG for the job before BR came in. FSG later set up this committee that is identical, or perhaps wields more power than a sporting director, whilst giving the idea that the manager is totally in charge. Whatever decision the manager makes with regards to signings and contracts, will be voted by 5 people in the committee. Only in the case of a majority vote, BR can sign the players he wants. Otherwise he has to improvise with the players chosen by the TC. Pearce says BR NEVER wanted to sign Balotelli but was forced to settle for him. In other words, it was the TC that ultimately failed to replace Suarez despite getting big money by selling him. Pearce says BR also made it clear that he wanted Michel Vorm and that signing a GK is a priority. But he says the transfer committee refused to pay his value despite only spending over 30mil in net spending this summer. This also had a significant impact on Mignolet's form as LFC didn't try to provide competition for the Belgian. Pearce says paying top bucks for Lovren made perfect sense at that point, as he was not one for the future, but was coming in as a top centre back, based on his form with the Saints and his Premier League experience. He was bought to hit the ground running. However he's had a major dip in form which is disappointing says Pearce. Similar tone has been voiced by Mike Bernard, a former employee of FSG, who said BR failing to see eye-to-eye with some of the TC members and their signings, is getting a little unsavoury. Mike noted that BR wanted Eriksen and Bony but was overruled. This also goes back to previous failures to show the money and securing players early when they had interest to move to LFC. Plenty of dragging negotiations and low-balling saw the failure of securing targets such as Willian, Salah, Mikhtaryan, Konoplyanka and more. Diego Costa was identified by BR as a transfer target when Costa was playing as a wing-forward, long before he became a star in that out-and-out striker position and caught the whole world's attention. TC thought his release clause of 20mil back then was too much. The rest is history. While we drag our feet on targets, other clubs come into the picture, showed the money and swooped them as we watch helplessly. Even for Sanchez, Phil Thompson declared during the world cup that we had Sanchez in the bag. However too much negotiations into details and conditions in payment method allowed Arsenal to sneak in and turn his and his wife's head.

Pearce also does not believe with the popular excuse that BR got founded after Suarez left, and that it was the Uruguayan who made BR look good last season. He says BR's tactical acumen led the team prosper last season, not Suarez alone. The expectations has been raised by last season's football and LFC are struggling with the pressure now he adds. Pearce labels Borini's position as strange and wonders if it could be the club showing frustration against him, for not being able to secure 14mil from Sunderland and another 13mil from QPR. They're certainly making it clear to Borini that he shouldn't reject another deal in January. Another journo Graham Beecroft says Borini could have indicated that he rather sit on the bench and take the wages or run down his contract, than moving to a small club ie Sunderland, QPR who are also refusing to pay more wages than LFC. Could be the reason why he's strangely frozen. Could be the club's decision not the manager's.

The last time Pearce spoke to BR, the manager said Can and some of the new players are still trying to adapt to his philosophy of football and it could be the reason why BR resorts to playing those who know what is expected of them for now. But Pearce says he will speak to BR again about Can to find out more on his position. Pearce says LFC's season could depend on Sturridge coming back to be paired with Balotelli upfront, and then allow the rest of the team to click. Pearce doesn't know if FSG are willing to spend in January but it's a question of can they afford not to. As champions league new TV deal brings in over 40mil next season compared to 25mil before, he opines that LFC must spend. Especially on a top quality striker, taking into account Studge's fitness.

The audio of the interview is here

James Pearce on the transfer committee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

BUT you are out of your mind to think RB would not do a better job, he has won titles at all leading clubs he has been at. The fact he is a strong character seems to put a lot of people off, not me, I would love to see him back and I think given the right backing and time he would deliver the title and continued success. people go on about his signings being duds, absolute bull **** when given money he normally got it right, the majority of players with potential he brought on and turned them into world class players is easily one of the most neglected side of his management. Even when he bought **** he usually managed to turn a profit on them and his loss regarding transfers in his time is non existent, that cant be said for right now.

It's not that I think Rodgers is a better manager.

It's about the nature of our problems.
    I don't think they're easily fixable by changing a manager, especially not this season (without having the chance to start the season again or having more latitude to sign players).

Maybe we'd be a bit better, but the bulk of the improvement will have to come from signing a striker. Other tweaks might help but they'd be the difference between finishing 7th and 6th.

Maybe Benitez' tactical acumen would help in the cups. Not sure that would warrant the change now rather than in the summer though.

Regardless, I doubt he's available. If we're already paying off Brendan, having to pay off Benitez would start to make the choice pretty expensive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Wouldn't pay the fee for Vorm, lord above Spurs only paid £3m for him!

The failure of this season falls in the lap of FSG and there poor transfer policy not Brendan Rodgers. Selling Suarez and leaving him without a quality replacement was criminal. Rodgers wanted Lambert but as third/fourth choice and its pretty evident he didn't want Balotelli but had no choice and took the gamble.

We received £75m for Suarez, his transfer was in the pipeline for months, its is unacceptable a proper replacement was not brought in.

When we sold Torres we replaced him the right way with 2 strikers Carroll and Suarez, now Carroll didn't work out but the idea was right. 2 big names.

When the window opens go out and get Bony immediately otherwise it will only go from bad to worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Let's say it was true. Punting games due to political point proving selections is just going to make firing him easy. We need results more than anything else right now.

Absolutely. Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Allen - 12m
    Borini - 10m
    Sakho - 18m
    Origi - 10m
    Lovren - 20m
    Markovic - 20m
    Lallana - 25m
    Can - 10m

One thing that strikes me from that list is 7 MILLION FRIGGIN' QUID for Andrea Dossena.

We don't know what exactly is true, but I can tell you that things are getting very ugly behind the scenes at Liverpool football club. Changes are definitely coming, possibly a lot sooner rather than later. I expect that either Rodgers will get sacked, or the transfer committee is going to get spiked.

Assuming Rodgers makes it to January, it'll be obvious then if the Board are behind him. If he gets no money, then he's a dead man walking. If he get funds, then I can only imagine he's safe until at least the end of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

I don't know many managers that would put up with that level of interference either. Rafa certainly wouldn't.

• Advertisement

Rodgers fighting with Gerrard.

Gerrard fighting with Lovren.

Rodgers camp leaking the transfers aren't his.

Players getting blacklisted.

Not picking inform players.

Publicly dropping a player for a player who really isn't good.

Crazy game tactics, formations & substitutions.

Things are coming to head and hopefully one way or another it will be dealt with before the January transfer window opens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

As Francie said January will reveal alot. If Rodgers doesn't get much money u would have to think they he will be gone in the summer unless there is a huge improvement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

What's daft is that Rodgers refused to work under a DoF but accepted working within a transfer committee. The former would have been much easier to deal with. Alas, regardless of who wanted who, we certainly seem to have a manager who is picking and choosing to make political points.

And if that's the case he'll be gone.

Haha, it's mental what is going on when you list it all like that. All we need to do now is appoint Gerrard as player manager to top the madness off nicely!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Is it okay to say that now without being called a conspiracy theorist?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

The most telling thing from that interview is that Pearce said Henry and Werner are still completely behind Rodgers. Now I will admit he could be lying for some agenda or some such but it flies in the face of the likes of Lucky Lloyd stating as fact thst rodgers wont be here much longer. He could be here a while yet. Just coz you want him sacked doesnt mean hes gone. The matchgoing fans are still behind him and the board are seemingly still behind him.

For me personally ill reserve judgement on rodgers and his future prospects until some time in february. The jan window is huge and will tell us a lot more about the transfer situation. If sign a gk and money is made available and the board will seemingly be backing rodgers. If no signings are made in jan and more ****e is leaked about the committee and so on then i will be fearing the worst for rodgers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

That article also seems very much like I'm going to defend my friend....only stops short of saying 'The Rodgers' invented sliced bread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Rodgers fighting with Gerrard.

Gerrard fighting with Lovren.

Rodgers camp leaking the transfers aren't his.

Players getting blacklisted.

Not picking inform players.

Publicly dropping a player for a player who really isn't good.

Crazy game tactics, formations & substitutions.

Things are coming to head and hopefully one way or another it will be dealt with before the January transfer window opens.

Point 1 - source?
    Point 2 - source?
    Point 3 .....
    Thing is, it's all speculation isn't it? People who want Rodgers out will accept any rumours coming from within, or more likely, not from within the club at all.
    Rodgers is definitely struggling but people trying to paint him as a nutty professor are letting their agenda get in the way of what's happening. Either way, none of us have a clue what's happening behind the scenes.

mosstin wrote: »
    Point 1 - source?
    Point 2 - source?
    Point 3 .....
    Thing is, it's all speculation isn't it? People who want Rodgers out will accept any rumours coming from within, or more likely, not from within the club at all.
    Rodgers is definitely struggling but people trying to paint him as a nutty professor are letting their agenda get in the way of what's happening. Either way, none of us have a clue what's happening behind the scenes.

Point 1 link was posted this morning.
    Point 2 link was posted this morning.
    Rodgers address both today saying things happen in dressing rooms.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2873665/Liverpool-dressing-room-issues-Manchester-United-defeat-Brendan-Rodgers-insists-players-working.html

Point 3 ??? who else is leaking to the press that they aren't his signings?? hardly the committee or FSG.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=318844.0

James Pearce on the transfer committee.

I listened to it, finally a bit of sense. This committee is the cause of the problems not solely Rodgers. Rodgers sits on it but from what Pearce says he has an equal say like everyone else. 5 people sit on it and 2 of them are money men not football men.

While everyone picks on trivial stuff like Borini the real issue is Rodgers wasn't allowed sign all the players he wanted. Bony and Vorm would have been totally gettable.

Only £30m net spent, its a joke.

MR NINE wrote: »
    The most telling thing from that interview is that Pearce said Henry and Werner are still completely behind Rodgers. Now I will admit he could be lying for some agenda or some such but it flies in the face of the likes of Lucky Lloyd stating as fact thst rodgers wont be here much longer..............

To be fair he's entitled to his opinion but that's all it is.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement