Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning in OP, 10/12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Dayum wrote: »
    Ages ago I made a post about how Liverpool should of signed Ochoa. He was great in the World Cup and I've been following him since his days with Mexico club, America.....

After that post I was ostracised on here for not having a clue....how times have changed. There are some real clowns on here....

In what way have you been proved correct about whether or not Liverpool should sign Ochoa?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Ah, Agent Coulson.....still trying to get me banned I see....

Some people just can't seem to knock a grudge..

Are you surprised people react to your flaming? rarnes1 really ought to close this account.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

Mignolet

Wisdom----Reid----Skrtl
    Moreno

Song----Gerrard

Sterling
    Henderson
    Lallana

Sturridge

That's a good team on paper I think.

Defence would need investment long term but Gerrard gets a little help in playing ball in DM and Henderson is unleased.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Dayum

noodler wrote: »
    In what way have you been proved correct about whether or not Liverpool should sign Ochoa?

Eh, because they have?

People were trying to convince me earlier in the season that Mignolet was a much better option....ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Eh, because they have?

People were trying to convince me earlier in the season that Mignolet was a much better option....ffs.

I don't know how to break this down any further, signing him does not mean they should have signed him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Borini has done nothing to suggest he would materially impact lost games this season.

His biggest mistakes were not to change a system clearly putting pressure on the defence, stickling with a struggling Gerrard in the vaunted QB position and playing one up front.

Glaringly obviously the way the Suarez money was spent was disastrous. Andy Carroll and Aquilani bad.

Why are we not learning our lessons in the transfer market? The last really good transfer window we had was 2007.

Let's not squabble over the biggest mistakes.

However the form Borini showed at Sunderland makes him a starter in our current team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Ages ago I made a post about how Liverpool should of signed Ochoa. He was great in the World Cup and I've been following him since his days with Mexico club, America.....

After that post I was ostracised on here for not having a clue....how times have changed. There are some real clowns on here....

If you were following him since his days at Mexico you should realise he's not at the standard we need. Since a good world cup he has played one cup game for Malaga. The season before he conceded on average 2 goals a game at Ajaccio.

He just isn't good in any way and certainly doesn't improve us. People pointing out that he is obviously a poor desperate signing does not make them clowns. This signing makes little sense unless Brad Jones is gone. I would hate to see this guy start for us. He is awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭rossc007

qc-pat-on-back.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Times haven't changed really. Ocha still isn't better than Mignolet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

The biggest question is not whether Ochoa is a better keeper than Mignolet or Brad Jones, its who is signing him Rodgers or the transfer committee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Not buying Alex Song was a ridiculous oversight.

I don't know why, but that failure has me really píssed off at this moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

Brilliant analysis as always. Sorry if been posted already. Been said many times before but why on earth does BR not get Carragher or another defencive type coach in there. Even at my lowly level we used to work on positioning like they mentioned many times. It seems so obvious ... when pointed out :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

SlickRic wrote: »
    Not buying Alex Song was a ridiculous oversight.

I don't know why, but that failure has me really píssed off at this moment.

I think I do know why actually.

Because to absolutely everyone it was obvious. We needed a DM he had shown to easily be of the standard, was available, wouldn't cost the world. To be honest we're not the only team that probably feel this way but that's another story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

All this transfer committee stuff is pissing me off. I do believe the manager should be in full control of his own team and that includes transfers but, if that is not the case here, it doesnt excuse the crazy decisions that have been made recently, some of it has been nigh on unforgivable.

Not much point being pissed off about signing a DM when we already have one and he rarely plays. Doubt it would have been any different for Song.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

There are some real clowns on here....

Yes, yes there are.

I'm personally delighted to see the error of my ways and agree that Malaga's reserve keeper is sure to keep a million clean sheets for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭breghall

does all this mean that I still have to witness Brad in goal over christmas....? god it'll be a sh**e christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Dayum

5starpool wrote: »
    Yes, yes there are.

I'm personally delighted to see the error of my ways and agree that Malaga's reserve keeper is sure to keep a million clean sheets for us.

I wasn't calling you a clown personally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

I've love Liverpool fc, family club best fans in the world support you no matter what. (Unless you're sh!t, then we're on you're back till you're gone!)

Oranage2 wrote: »
    I've love Liverpool fc, family club best fans in the world support you no matter what. (Unless you're sh!t, then we're on you're back till you're gone!)

Need to take a lesson from Arsenal fans alright.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Lol...Wenger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

In the Summer I HATED the though of Bony coming in. Now I would be quite keen on him. Its a mixture of him being better than I thought/watching him more closely and our dire striking options at present.

He is still slowish but he has some great movement and he is very composed in and around the box. Anything over 20 million though and I would be reluctant enough. 25 tops.

On the GK front, I was hoping for someone a bit better but to be honest I have hardly seen him play bar the World Cup.

I think our hopes of 4th place winning the Europa League rest on Sturridge coming back fit and firing.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Lol...Wenger.

How's this even a comment can you please explain?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

He typed it out and pressed, "Submit Reply".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I'd leave Bony where he is, I actually think he wouldnt be much of an improvement on Balotelli.
    I know that sounds crazy but what we need has to be quick with lots of movement. (And obviously score goals)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Must be because they have the best fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

According to UKIP, the reason we are so **** this season is because the city hosted a gay pride parade this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Super-Rush wrote: »
    According to UKIP, the reason we are so **** this season is because the city hosted a gay pride parade this year.

Would this also be connected to why we're so weak at the back?

You first.
    I've love Liverpool fc, family club best fans in the world support you no matter what.

• Advertisement

[QOUTE=Turtyturd;93470104]You first.[/QUOTE]

Wenger is light years ahead of Rodgers its not even close.

Rodgers is a young manager, he has a lot to prove but he makes himself very unlikable as he thinks he's the next coming of Jesus.

Anyway Liverpool get everything they deserve, fsg squandered millions with Kenny, now they've squandered millions with Brendan Rodgers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

Orange, please learn how to quote as you consistently fcuk up the fluidity of my reading of the Liverpool thread.

Also

go-away.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Need to take a lesson from Arsenal fans alright.....

They weren't booing they where saying boo urns !!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

[QOUTE=Turtyturd;93470104]You first.

Rodgers is a young manager, he has a lot to prove but he makes himself very unlikable as he thinks he's the next coming of Jesus.

Anyway Liverpool get everything they deserve, fsg squandered millions with Kenny, now they've squandered millions with Brendan Rodgers.[/quote]

1 trophy in 9 years is all I can say .

Orange, please learn how to quote as you consistently fcuk up the fluidity of my reading of the Liverpool thread.

Also

go-away.gif

Constantly? I've posted in this thread 4 or 5 times?!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

Charlie19 wrote: »
    I'd leave Bony where he is, I actually think he wouldnt be much of an improvement on Balotelli.
    I know that sounds crazy but what we need has to be quick with lots of movement. (And obviously score goals)

The time to have signed Bony was when he was at Vitesse.

On principle alone, id never spend triple what the potential selling club (Swansea) spent the year before.

The scouts must not be doing their job if they rate him 3 times more valuable or 3 times a better player than when he was in Holland.

Same with Lovren, alarm bells should ring when you are spending 25million on a guy who was available for 8million the year before, and he was on our radar when he was at Lyon. Did we not rate him at Lyon then?

1 half decent season in the EPL should not result in you paying 3 times the price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Signing flavour of the month ted mosby, who didn't have a club before the World Cup. Dayum son, he was right, now down before yer overload.

I feel bad for ye, but worse of someone takes one for the team and gets carded because of the Christmas holidays.

[QOUTE=Turtyturd;93470104]You first.

Anyway Liverpool get everything they deserve, fsg squandered millions with Kenny, now they've squandered millions with Brendan Rodgers

So you've don't love Liverpool fc, family club best fans in the world support you no matter what
    ?quote]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I love when Orange2's shoddy mask fully slips off his face. Lots of hate there. It sustains me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Signing flavour of the month ted mosby, who didn't have a club before the World Cup. Dayum son, he was right, now down before yer overload.

I feel bad for ye, but worse of someone takes one for the team and gets carded because of the Christmas holidays.

Remarkable post. Seemingly in English, yet somehow, not.

United fans still flogging that Palace myth?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

#15 wrote: »

After seeing Carragher's analysis last night, I would be more inclined to think that another manager would have won the title. The Crystal Palace game in particular was an epic collapse due to woeful defending; an aspect of the game that Rogers places no emphasis on, according to Carragher. With the way Liverpool were scoring last season, you'd have to think that even a slight improvement in defence would have seen them take the title.

Ah the Crystal Palace demise debate. Jeez it's like some people don't know the story with that match. Pathetic really

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

United fans still flogging that Palace myth?

What is the Palace myth?

Constantly? I've posted in this thread 4 or 5 times?!?

Thats a lie.

Fuhrer wrote: »
    What is the Palace myth?

Its where the Chelsea game at Anfield didn't exist.

• Advertisement

NukaCola wrote: »

What?

What?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

I love this thread:-)

What?

We lost the league against Chelsea. A lot of people say we lost it when we drew with Palace.

NukaCola wrote: »
    We lost the league against Chelsea. A lot of people say we lost it when we drew with Palace.

Drawing with Palace probably didnt help

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement