Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning in OP, 10/12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

This thread is really informative tonight. Spelling stuff out for all the poor souls. The Christmas spirit is alive in the Liverpool thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Fuhrer wrote: »
    Drawing with Palace probably didnt help

Of course, and naively we went to try and score more at 3-0 to reduce the GD deficit but it was a lost cause after that Chelsea game and we did get caught out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Drawing with Palace probably didnt help

Made no difference. We beat Palace we still would have lost the title.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

Made no difference. We beat Palace we still would have lost the title.

You never know, City might have got nervous on the last day and might have lost. But seeing Liverpool collapsing like they did probably took all the pressure off and gave them a comfortable final day win

You never know, City might have got nervous on the last day and might have lost. But seeing Liverpool collapsing like they did probably took all the pressure off and gave them a comfortable final day win

Doubt it really. City has good experience winning the title on the last day as you'll know so I think a collapse would have been hugely unlikely. Could say that we could have collapsed as well if we were in the driving seat on the last day. The Palace game ranks quite far down in matches I look back and think "if only..."

Doubt it really. City has good experience winning the title on the last day as you'll know so I think a collapse would have been hugely unlikely. Could say that we could have collapsed as well if we were in the driving seat on the last day. The Palace game ranks quite far down in matches I look back and think "if only..."

City also have a history of struggling to beat an inferior team on the final day to win it, and only a deranged Joey Barton losing what little of his mind he had allowed them to do that.

It might not be the main reason for Liverpools Title challenge collapse but it was definitely a contributing factor

City also have a history of struggling to beat an inferior team on the final day to win it, and only a deranged Joey Barton losing what little of his mind he had allowed them to do that.

It might not be the main reason for Liverpools Title challenge collapse but it was definitely a contributing factor

When it mathematically made no difference I have no idea how to you can it definitely was a factor.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

mosstin wrote: »
    Remarkable post. Seemingly in English, yet somehow, not.

Drunkenness combined with predictive texting would be my guess.

When it mathematically made no difference I have no idea how to you can it definitely was a factor.

If Liverpool had beaten Palace and Newcastle, City would have to beat West Ham. We saw how hard is what for them to do it last time, therefore it was definitely a factor

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Seaba

For me the day the league was lost was when City beat Everton at Goodison. Everton had chances, Hart made one cracking safe and then I think Aguero beat Howard too easily at the near post. Heart sank.

• Advertisement

Seaba wrote: »
    For me the day the league was lost was when City beat Everton at Goodison. Everton had chances, Hart made one cracking safe and then I think Aguero beat Howard too easily at the near post. Heart sank.

That combined with the Chelsea game was the real difference for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

City getting the late equalizer against Sunderland was another for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

I'm on the record anyway for saying that I think Ochoa will turn out to be a great signing and our number 1 by the end of the season. Being the Malaga number 2 right now is being used unfairly against him to be honest. Carlos Kameni is a solid keeper and one of the best keepers from the African continent in recent years. It's akin to saying that Michel Vorm isn't good enough because he's Spurs backup, but I'd have taken him also. Not saying that Kameni is a world beater or anything, I just think it's harsh to use it at something to put him down. Plenty of keepers join a club only to be 2nd choice initially.

Anyway overall I think it's going to be a really shrewd move. Many are disagreeing but it sounds like a done deal so let's see what happens. Please bookmark this post to make me look like an idiot in May! :P

8-10 wrote: »
    I'm on the record anyway for saying that I think Ochoa will turn out to be a great signing and our number 1 by the end of the season. Being the Malaga number 2 right now is being used unfairly against him to be honest. Carlos Kameni is a solid keeper and one of the best keepers from the African continent in recent years. It's akin to saying that Michel Vorm isn't good enough because he's Spurs backup, but I'd have taken him also. Not saying that Kameni is a world beater or anything, I just think it's harsh to use it at something to put him down. Plenty of keepers join a club only to be 2nd choice initially.

Anyway overall I think it's going to be a really shrewd move. Many are disagreeing but it sounds like a done deal so let's see what happens. Please bookmark this post to make me look like an idiot in May! :P

I agree with that. But by the end of the season I think all Liverpool fans will be crying out for a new keeper. In fact I'll be surprised if there isn't calls for Mignolet to be first choice by the end of February.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

No Balotelli tomorrow, so we either go back to Lambert on his own or try again with Sterling up there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

He conceded over 70 goals last season in 30 odd games. I'm not holding out much hope.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Is Jordan Ibe playing for Derby tonight?

mav79 wrote: »
    No Balotelli tomorrow, so we either go back to Lambert on his own or try again with Sterling up there.

He's out again? What's wrong with him now?

Edit: Crap
    This Is Anfield ‏@thisisanfield 6m6 minutes ago
    Mario Balotelli ruled OUT of Bournemouth match with groin injury, hasn't traveled with squad.

5starpool wrote: »

Same groin issue apparently.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

5starpool wrote: »
    Supposedly his groin again, the club are hoping he will be fit for Arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 431 ✭✭delaney001

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Constantly? I've posted in this thread 4 or 5 times?!?

To be fair he said consistently, if all 4/5 of your posts are quoted incorrectly, then you my friend are consistent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,664 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

mav79 wrote: »
    Supposedly his groin again, the club are hoping he will be fit for Arsenal.

Actually thought they said he still wasnt 100% recovered for man u

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

Can you tell us a bit about him? I havent seen much of him but from what i have seen he is an excellent shot stopper. However, mignolet is a pretty good shot stopper, its other areas that let him down. Whats ochoa like with the ball at his feet? More importantly, is he good in the air? Does he command his area and dominate aerially? Hes a small guy if i remember correctly, may not bode well for his aerial presence? Why are you happy were signing him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Augmerson wrote: »
    Is Jordan Ibe playing for Derby tonight?

He got subbed on there about twenty minutes ago but derby had a player sent off around the same time so that was that, was disappointing not see him start.

• Advertisement

Liverpool are making an audacious bid to sign Chelsea goalkeeper Petr Cech on loan.

Brendan Rodgers will press through with his plans to bring in a genuine rival for axed number one Simon Mignolet, and Chelsea have not dismissed completely the idea of a loan for Cech.

They now don't see Liverpool as a rival in this season's title race, and with the Reds out of the Champions League, a move for Cech could help Jose Mourinho's side.

He would be prevented from playing at Stamford Bridge, but would be available for matches against Manchester City, United and Arsenal if a deal could be agreed.

Liverpool have dismissed claims they have already lined up a £3m move for Mexico keeper Guillermo Ochoa.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-plot-audacious-petr-cech-4823465

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Ibe did well when he came on. Going to be a very good player for us in the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Signing flavour of the month ted mosby, who didn't have a club before the World Cup. Dayum son, he was right, now down before yer overload.

I feel bad for ye, but worse of someone takes one for the team and gets carded because of the Christmas holidays.

The most important question , can he score 30 a season ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Liverpool are making an audacious bid to sign Chelsea goalkeeper Petr Cech on loan.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-plot-audacious-petr-cech-4823465

I mean with city and utd having to come to anfield it would really be in his best interest for liverpool to have a decent keeper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

:pac:
    Dayum wrote: »
    I wasn't calling you a clown personally.

Just the rest of us saps!

• Advertisement

Andre Ayew signed a new contract at Marseille.

Timing is everything!

Rafa Benitez Expected To Be Sacked At Napoli

Gazzetta dello Sport claims today that "the probabilities that Benitez will stay are close to zero"
    Rafa Benitez is close to the sack at Napoli, according to reports in Italy this morning.

Owner Aurelio De Laurentiis went into the team dressing room to criticise the players after Sunday night's 2-0 defeat to Milan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

If that comes to fruition, this thread shall become so delightful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Dayum

Timing is everthing!

Gazzetta dello Sport claims today that "the probabilities that Benitez will stay are close to zero"

United fans will be salivating at the idea of having Benitez back at Liverpool....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Timing is everything!

Charlie19 wrote: »
    If that comes to fruition, this thread shall become so delightful.

So then half the thread will be pining, agitating for a manager who has been fired three times and used as a temp once in the last 5 years.

So then half the thread will be pining, agitating for a manager who has been fired three times and used as a temp once in the last 5 years.

At least he wouldn't be as stubborn as Rodgers.

Fact :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Timing is everything!

Jose has been sacked twice in the last few years.

• Advertisement

niallo27 wrote: »
    Jose has been sacked twice in the last few years.

That's nice..

That's nice..

Sorry quoted the wrong post. Was responding to Rafa being sacked twice.

Dayum wrote: »
    United fans will be salivating at the idea of having Benitez back at Liverpool....

I'm sure ye will.

brevity wrote: »

Well he called it the last time. Henderson as a wrong back is comical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Well he called it the last time. Henderson as a wrong back is comical.

Was hoping sakho would play, oh well it will be great when we sell him for feck all and he goes on to have a great career.

Incredibly worried about tomorrows game, could be embarrassing if our past escapades against lower league teams under rodgers are anything to go by. The difference in form and belief tomorrow will be night and day if that supposed team plays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

If that guy is right, Rodgers has undoubtedly lost it.

Not only is he playing Hendo wingback again, but he's putting Gerrard and Lucas in the middle together?

I don't know whether I'd laugh or cry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

A Rodgers and Rafa combo would be my wet dream..... :/

An ideal world etc etc... :)

Tactics from the 5th dimension. I'm sure it makes sense in Rodgers head.

Yes, it would be better if he was doing this for a laugh.

Is this what its like to be managed by M. Night Shyamalan?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

I'm talking about all season, not just Sunday. So far we've only seen that he has end product when he has one world class striker and one borderline one playing ahead of him. Also, no one expected him to be a battering ram. I do expect him to convert at least one of his 3 glorious chances though.

pity they fell on his left foot :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement