Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning in OP, 10/12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

brevity wrote: »
    Is this what its like to be managed by M. Night Shyamalan?

Don't expect a twist ending :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Fieldog wrote: »
    A Rodgers and Rafa combo would be my wet dream.....

Have a good night ;)

benitez-rodgers.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Have a good night ;)

benitez-rodgers.jpg

Seriously, all of the pictures of Rafa out there and you chose one of him with that bloody crest on. That is poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

niallo27 wrote: »
    Sorry quoted the wrong post. Was responding to Rafa being sacked twice.

Well, you're no niallo24, that's for sure;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Pretty good post on things from elsewhere.

Yup.

OPR Echoes my Sentiments as well. Specially the Line where Rodgers is making the same Mistakes as Rafa did before.

Our Performances has been in the Gutters, and instead of trying to Improve it, he's trying to make a Point by playing Power Games.

We're Losing Games because Rodgers' is too busy Ego-Tripping. Let that Sink in.

To say I'm Livid would be an Understatement. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Bournemouth at 11/4 to win says it all. Don't think we'll even make it to extra-time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Was the Opr post deleted?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

B ROd didn't have Gerrard in his all time BPL XI 5 weeks before getting Liverpool job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

Yup.

Bournemouth at 11/4 to win says it all. ...........

That's a 1 in 4 ish chance of them winning taking bookies profit margin etc into account.

Liverpool to win is approx even money, 50/50 ish chance of a 90 mins win.

That's what the odds say, dunno if that's what you are taking away from it, probably not given the "says it all" bit

My mistake, read it the other way around as 4/11. Much more used to decimal odds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Gits_bone wrote: »

B ROd didn't have Gerrard in his all time BPL XI 5 weeks before getting Liverpool job.

He has Charlie Adams at centre back, he obviously hasn't got a clue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Turtyturd wrote: »

And Kasper Schmeichel isn't good enough goalie to be there..... tut tut

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

Vicxas wrote: »
    And Kasper Schmeichel isn't good enough goalie to be there..... tut tut

And Karl Henry isn't a winger.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Rega

Robbie Keane centre mid?? He hasn't a clue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Rega wrote: »
    Robbie Keane centre mid?? He hasn't a clue.

And Barry Zola in the number 10 position????

CRAZY

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Opr is banned?

And Paul Scholes....Lol.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Andy Cole left full too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

The no 10 was a decent writer, but he never cut it as a footballer imo

The Mig wrote: »
    Andy Cole left full too

In fairness, I think he's going for Carlton.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Augmerson wrote: »
    Opr is banned?

It was a link to a post he wrote elsewhere on the interwebs that was deleted as discussion of banned users or linking to stuff from them elsewhere is banned on boards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Ibe did very well last night. Next season I think he should do very well for us.

5starpool wrote: »
    It was a link to a post he wrote elsewhere on the interwebs that was deleted as discussion of banned users or linking to stuff from them elsewhere is banned on boards.

Bit 1984-esque no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Bit 1984-esque no?

Brought to its logical conclusion if Dunphy opened an account here and subsequently got banned (which he inevitably would) then we couldn't discuss any RTE coverage.
    And if Mario opened an account here and subsequently got banned (which he inevitably would) then we couldn't discuss the match at all.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

MD1990 wrote: »
    Ibe did very well last night. Next season I think he should do very well for us.

Yeah, I'm the same. I think he is going to be great. You could even see Chelsea last night doubling up on him as soon as he got over the halfway line.
    He looks alot more composed and is starting to make better decisions.

Bit 1984-esque no?

Rules are rules. Not all make sense but all are there so no point discussing them even, as that's thread derailing as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 269 ✭✭Ahorseofaman

Rules are rules. Not all make sense but all are there so no point discussing them even, as that's thread derailing as well.
    Is'nt that backseat modding:D
    (as is this:eek:)

Is'nt that backseat modding:D
    (as is this:eek:)

Strictly speaking, it probably is, but I think in a constructive way. It all adds up to reasons why we should speak about other things.

Backseat suggesting would be a better way of putting it I reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm the same. I think he is going to be great. You could even see Chelsea last night doubling up on him as soon as he got over the halfway line.
    He looks alot more composed and is starting to make better decisions.

Was it McLaren or someone else recently who said he needs to become more of a team player or something about giving him his own ball at training because he didn't like to pass? :pac:

Incredible strength and pace for his age and is going to be a super player but you can see there in the first half of the video where he'd have an overlapping fullback but instead try to cut inside himself and on quite a few occasions, lose the ball. Great battle between ivanovic and himself on Derby's left wing and Ivanovic is no weakling!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

greendom wrote: »
    The no 10 was a decent writer, but he never cut it as a footballer imo

Troublesome Frenchie. Did share a Christian name with one of the greatest strikers to grace the game.

Colemania wrote: »
    Was it McLaren or someone else recently who said he needs to become more of a team player or something about giving him his own ball at training because he didn't like to pass? :pac:

Incredible strength and pace for his age and is going to be a super player but you can see there in the first half of the video where he'd have an overlapping fullback but instead try to cut inside himself and on quite a few occasions, lose the ball. Great battle between ivanovic and himself on Derby's left wing and Ivanovic is no weakling!

Ya McClaren said when Ibe arrived at Derby it was a case of give one ball to Ibe and one to everyone else for training matches. Also said that he's improving all the time and learning how to be a team player, both with and without the ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 269 ✭✭Ahorseofaman

Strictly speaking, it probably is, but I think in a constructive way. It all adds up to reasons why we should speak about other things.

Backseat suggesting would be a better way of putting it I reckon.
    only kidding ,long time lurker but always enjoy your contributions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

It was a ridiculous idea letting Ibe go on loan. He is definitely already at the level where he could be an impact sub/rotation player for us.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

It was a ridiculous idea letting Ibe go on loan. He is definitely already at the level where he could be an impact sub/rotation player for us.

I reckon it was a great move. There wouldn't be much room for him on the bench me thinks, but next year if he continues to develop, he would defo be looking at a bench spot, or even a player who rotates in and out of the starting eleven.

Glenjamin Johnson out for up to a month. The longer you're injured the better you become.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Turtyturd wrote: »

The only one I can think of that's left is - what is he at with original Ronaldo?
    Bit 1984-esque no?

Really must read that book at some stage, I'm some fcuking sap like.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Really must read that book at some stage, I'm some fcuking sap like.

Wellll, looks like we've got ourselves a reader...

• Advertisement

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    The only one I can think of that's left is - what is he at with original Ronaldo?

I wanted to go again with Armin Zola but someone beat me to it with Emile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I reckon it was a great move. There wouldn't be much room for him on the bench me thinks, but next year if he continues to develop, he would defo be looking at a bench spot, or even a player who rotates in and out of the starting eleven.

Ibe loan was just what he needs, if he were at Liverpool he'd be scratching about looking for matches, at Derby he has 900 minutes of game time under his belt. I'd say he'd be lucky to have 200 had he stayed.
    Hidalgo wrote: »
    Glenjamin Johnson out for up to a month. The longer you're injured the better you become.

Good news! Manquillo might get a game though if this Hendo wing back nonsense is retained then maybe not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Ibe loan was just what he needs, if he were at Liverpool he'd be scratching about looking for matches, at Derby he has 900 minutes of game time under his belt. I'd say he'd be lucky to have 20 had he stayed.

Fyp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Looking at the line-up tonight it's definitely a case of getting closer to the edge and jumping off into the Rodgers out pit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

just think about it for a second.

Henderson, who had his breakout season last season for us, who broke into the England team proper last season, and is pretty much first choice for his country now, as a CM, has been moved out wide.

why doesn't Pellegrini put Yaya out wide? why doesn't Mourinho put Matic out wide?

i'm not saying Hendo is as good as either, but you get my logic.

the treatment of him is nonsense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Looking at the line-up tonight it's definitely a case of getting closer to the edge and jumping off into the Rodgers out pit.

Is there a confirmed lineup yet?

SlickRic wrote: »
    just think about it for a second.

Henderson, who had his breakout season last season for us, who broke into the England team proper last season, and is pretty much first choice for his country now, as a CM, has been moved out out wide.

why doesn't Pellegrini put Yaya out wide? why doesn't Mourinho put Matic out wide?

i'm not saying Hendo is as good as either, but you get my logic.

the treatment of him is nonsense.

In fairness, the only place Henderson should be moved to is the bench.

Vicxas wrote: »
    Is there a confirmed lineup yet?

There won't be a confirmed one until an hour before kick off. The leaked one is basically the same formation as Sunday with

Jones
    Toure
    Skrtel
    Lovren
    Henderson
    Lucas
    Gerrard
    Moreno
    Lallana
    Countinho
    Sterling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

In fairness, the only place Henderson should be moved to is the bench.

indeed.

but his recent form has been as a wingback.

try him in CM with Lucas behind him, Can alongside him, Gerrard AND Sterling ahead of him, and you might just see a different player.

also, you might remember, earlier in the season, he and Lallana seemed to have a great understanding going at times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

If that really is the tonights starting lineup, the club would seriously want to look at how the training is set up and try and eliminate the chances of the match day team being leaked. Its happening far too often.

Or does this bib theorist thing go on at most clubs.

I wont go into the starting xi, thats another issue.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement