Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning in OP, 10/12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

SlickRic wrote: »
    indeed.

but his recent form has been as a wingback.

try him in CM with Lucas behind him, Can alongside him, Gerrard AND Sterling ahead of him, and you might just see a different player.

also, you might remember, earlier in the season, he and Lallana seemed to have a great understanding going at times.

Between that earlier understanding and the wing back role recently, he has been poor but not more so than most.
    Henderson works well when he doesn't have to think, he needs a fast paced game, ya know the antithesis to us this season so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

just think about it for a second.

Henderson, who had his breakout season last season for us, who broke into the England team proper last season, and is pretty much first choice for his country now, as a CM, has been moved out wide.

why doesn't Pellegrini put Yaya out wide? why doesn't Mourinho put Matic out wide?

i'm not saying Hendo is as good as either, but you get my logic.

the treatment of him is nonsense.

Similar to Benitez treatment of Gerrard no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

if that is the lineup, it's not even a joke anymore. Rodgers has no idea what he's doing.

he'd literally be showing us that he's just throwing shít at the wall and hoping it sticks somehow.

and also, where the fúck is Emre Can? he must be delighted that he turned down a return to Bayern Munich.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

gafferino wrote: »

Gerrard could play wide right though, he was never a true midfielder except in his own deluded mind (and that of a desperate Rodgers).

Rafa stuck Gerrard wide, he scored a shítload of goals.

Rafa stuck him up front; we all know how that went with Torres.

are you suggesting Henderson can be that productive from wingback?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

So in order to tighten things up at the back rodgers goes for a back 3, he is a genius:rolleyes:

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

How dare Rafa take a player from a position he was less effective to a position where he was more effective. Outrageous behaviour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

shamrock55 wrote: »
    So in order to tighten things up at the back rodgers goes for a back 3, he is a genius:rolleyes:

Less amount of people to cock things up ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

Vicxas wrote: »
    Less amount of people to cock things up ;)

Or 50% more errors.

• Advertisement

and just to say, there's a fair amount to get at Rafa about, but his treatment of Steven Gerrard is certainly not one of them.

Rafa is just about the only one in the last 10 years who correctly identified his strengths, and found positions on the field for him to play where they could be best utilised.

Most of his other managers have pandered to him to the detriment of his own effectiveness.

if you think about just how amazing a career Gerrard has had, and just what an impact he has had on the club, that sort of statement is frightening. if he was managed absolutely properly throughout his club career, he could have come out of it with even better stats, and maybe more trophies to his name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Pre-Bournemouth presser.

Reading Question asked. Transfer committe question asked.

http://www.lfc.vn/presser-matchday/rodgers-pre-bournemouth-presser-lc15-r5/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,106 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Any rumoured team for tonight yet?

There won't be a confirmed one until an hour before kick off. The leaked one is basically the same formation as Sunday with

Jones
    Toure
    Skrtel
    Lovren
    Henderson
    Lucas
    Gerrard
    Moreno
    Lallana
    Countinho
    Sterling
    FitzShane wrote: »
    Any rumoured team for tonight yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Sh** xmas for Studge over in Boston getting fit

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

Are we still going to reviewing our transfer process whilst we should be doing the hard yards and identifying targets. I wonder if the boys in boston won't close the cheque book and see how he does until the end of the season.

No not suggesting that. But I remember it being a surprise that Gerrard was put out on the right (even though he played there early on). And yes he turned out to be very good thus validating the move. I am merely suggesting that they may think Henderson has values as a winger that we havent seen yet and they have. Its not somewhere I would like to see him play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Putting Gerrard out right was awful. That was in his prime too, he had more influence in a central position.

• Advertisement

No not suggesting that. But I remember it being a surprise that Gerrard was put out on the right (even though he played there early on). And yes he turned out to be very good thus validating the move. I am merely suggesting that they may think Henderson has values as a winger that we havent seen yet and they have. Its not somewhere I would like to see him play.

Henderson played wide right in his first season at Liverpool (not as a wing back though) and was generally abysmal. Chances are that he has learned as a player in general then, and part of it may have been down to moving to a new club with new pressures, but there is little to suggest it will be a success.

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Putting Gerrard out right was awful. That was in his prime too, he had more influence in a central position.

Gerrards best seasons as a Liverpool Player were out right and behind Torres not as a CM.

Gerrards best seasons as Liverpool Player were out right and behind Torres not as a CM.

'Behind Torres' is a central position.

I maintain he should never have been shunted out right.

5starpool wrote: »
    Henderson played wide right in his first season at Liverpool (not as a wing back though) and was generally abysmal. Chances are that he has learned as a player in general then, and part of it may have been down to moving to a new club with new pressures, but there is little to suggest it will be a success.

Yep I agree....I am just trying to understand the switch. There is some sort of logic behind it.

'Behind Torres' is a central position.

I maintain he should never have been shunted out right.

More number 10 than CM.

Yep I agree....I am just trying to understand the switch. There is some sort of logic behind it.

The logic is the energy that Henderson has, and the engine to cover forward and back. I don't think he'll have the impact that Rodgers hopes, but I would like to be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Is Sakho still injured?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

This Brad Jones shit is like a bad dream.

Honestly, the season is bad enough without adding him to the mix. The Simpsons' "Stop! Stop! He's already dead!", springs to mind.

More number 10 than CM.

Number 10 is a central position ffs. Anyway, he was really good.in CM too when he had the legs.

listen, Rodgers' baffling decisions are going to result in things going one of two ways.

Either, he's proven to be a genius, we start winning, and the start to this season will in the future just be considered a horrible abhorration, or the team's poor results continue, meaning he proves he really is just a chancer, and he's out on his ear pretty soon as a result.

win win tbh.

• Advertisement

Liverpool tracking Juventud youngster Jaime Baez

Liverpool are keeping tabs on ‘new Luis Suarez’ Jaime Baez and have been for a while, according to his agent.

Baez, aged 19, currently plays for Juventud in his native Uruguay.

But he could be set to follow in his compatriot’s footsteps by making his name at Anfield.

His agent Pablo Boselli told Uruguayan newspaper Ovacion: “The reality is that Liverpool have been following Jaime for a while.

“They want to find the new Suarez and he has some characteristics of Luis.”

But the Reds won’t have it all their own way if they are to land Baez.

Boselli continued: “There are more teams interested: Valencia, Seville and one from Italy, but the team from England have already made it clear they want to have the player.

“He belongs to Juventud, the club with which we are associated in some way today.”

He added: “Here we are all a team. The player, his family, the club and the agent – this is like a four-legged table – we take decisions together.”

Boselli indicated that he thought a deal could be done for less than £2.4m.

(http://www.offthepost.info/blog/2014/12/liverpool-tracking-juventud-youngster-jaime-baez/)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

Number 10 is a central position ffs. Anyway, he was really good.in CM too when he had the legs.

Enough of the nonsense, Gerratd has played very little as an out and out central midfielder. He has played centrally in front of Mascherano and Alonso and also played wide right. These 2 were both his best positions in terms of goals and assists.

Gerrard as a box to box midfielder is quite limited. Rafa was right to an extent, he more or less inferred that Gerrard lack the brains to be the main man in central midfield, rather he's best utilised when he has no defensive duties.

He was always going to diminish with age, his game was based on drive, power athleticism, tenacity and quick passing on the counter. His body was his asset rather than his Brain which is the opposite of what say Paul scholes was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭hadepsx

Juventud. Sounds like a cross between juventus and man united.

Enough of the nonsense

You can save your indignation. I'm just giving my opinion that I don't think Gerrard should ever have been played out wide right. I think he should have played his entire career in a central position, be that AM/ CM. I don't think thats nonsense.

These days, he should stick to AM or ahead of a dedicated DM.

hadepsx wrote: »

I'm sure Suarez will put in a good word ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Knex. wrote: »
    This Brad Jones shit is like a bad dream.

Honestly, the season is bad enough without adding him to the mix. The Simpsons' "Stop! Stop! He's already dead!", springs to mind.

Guaranteed motm performance tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

Ah the next Suarez..... like the next Zidane

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

literally means "youth"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Hope these rumours of a Qatari takeover of Spurs are untrue. Another megabucks club in the mix would pretty much finish any chances of us ever getting top 4.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

We'll win tonight lads. Will all come together for tonight, they are a championship club after all.

Been awhile since there was a wrestling reference in the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

Hendersons best positions are as a rcm in a three man midfield or as an am in a 4231 imo. Hes hardly been used in those positions this season which is negatively impacting his form. Having said that, i can understand the logic of playing him as a wing back in a 532. He has the engine for it, hes decent in attack and solid enough defensively. Hes the best option for that position at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Gits_bone wrote: »
    We'll win tonight lads. Will all come together for tonight, they are a championship club after all.

Famous last words!

If we lose tonight, I think me and Brendan need to talk....

I'd be interested to know if those who want rid of Johnson would prefer Henderson in RWB for the interim?

Whats the craic with Manquillo? When is Flanno back?

Looking forward to Wisdom back - I wonder should he be recalled in January? I dont knkw if Rodgers likes him but he can pkay RB or CB and has done ok on loan from what ive seen of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Benzino wrote: »
    Is Sakho still injured?

Yeah 'injured'.

• Advertisement

Hope these rumours of a Qatari takeover of Spurs are untrue. Another megabucks club in the mix would pretty much finish any chances of us ever getting top 4.

The own PSG so even if Spurs did get to the CL they can't have both their teams in it.

They will pick PSG over Spurs everytime to play in the CL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 421 ✭✭e.r

Sh** xmas for Studge over in Boston getting fit

Im sure all his money will soften the blow 😛

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

The own PSG so even if Spurs did get to the CL they can't have both their teams in it.

They will pick PSG over Spurs everytime to play in the CL.

Why not?
    Is there a UEFA rule stating that an owner can only have 1 club in a competition? ??

Hidalgo wrote: »
    Why not?
    Is there a UEFA rule stating that an owner can only have 1 club in a competition? ??

Yes
    The UEFA Rules were brought in following a high profile case in 2000 and were first established for the 2000/01 season. The rule prohibits two football clubs in which a person or a company has an interest from being admitted into the same UEFA club competition.

What is meant as having an interest in another club?

Having an interest in another football club has been defined as meaning the following:

The majority of the shareholders’ voting rights in another club in the same UEFA club competition

The right to appoint or remove a majority of the directors in another club in the same UEFA club competition

The majority of the shareholders’ voting rights (through a shareholders’ agreement) in another club in the same UEFA club competition

Following the initial implementation of these rules the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) ruled fully on the UEFA rules stating that any shareholding of 50.1% or more would potentially breach the UEFA rules at point 1 above. Furthermore the CAS also added on a further situation which should fall within the UEFA rules – a person or a company would also be seen to fall foul of the UEFA rules when they can exercise a decisive influence over the decision making of another club.

http://www.inbrief.co.uk/football-law/dual-ownership-of-football-clubs.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

It would be strange state of affairs to be forceably an EL level club with such owners. You'd have to suspect they'd end up as a glorified feeder club

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement