Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning in OP, 10/12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Ste- wrote: »
    This!

I think it mad he takes him off in games when he can wriggle past players and looks good on the ball.

Magic feet he has, good solid player, we knew what we were getting when we paid for him.

I would like to see Coutinho drop to the bench for a while to give Markovic ago, his pace and directness impresses me. That goal and assist last night should do him wonders too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Borini is a forward who hasn't scored for us when on the pitch. As such, looking forward to him leaving. That's all it is.

So you're looking forward to Balotelli and Lambo leaving also or is Lambo's conversion rate good enough?

If you follow your principle through to it's logical conclusion you should be looking forward to Ming and Jones leaving for not keeping clean sheets when playing, Lovern the same and a host of midfielders for creating feck all when on the pitch.

LL to replace BR!!! I said it first ;)

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

The improvement in general attacking threat the last 2 games seems to be down to a change in system and an increase in the pace we have available to us up front which is trying to recapture some of our 'break at pace' threat from last season. It certainly hasn't changed our defensive frailties, which is why we probably won't consistently win games in the near future, but at least we are creating chances (albeit against a utd team with defensive issues themselves, and a championship team).

It's progress of sorts I guess.

5starpool wrote: »
    It's progress of sorts I guess.
    I bet Balotelli (can but won't) and Lambo (just can't) are thrilled to see we're moving
    to a fast dynamic game based on fluid constant movement and high technical skills :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I was a lot happier with the passing last night, a lot happier.

Thing that worried me is that Couthinho looked so uninterested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

Besides the fact that Brad Jones cant actually kick out a ball without it going straight up into the air, the rest of his keeping is awful too. Watching him he seems to make his move even before the ball is kicked. We badly need a solid solid keeper.

BenEadir wrote: »
    I bet Balotelli (can but won't) and Lambo (just can't) are thrilled to see we're moving
    to a fast dynamic game based on fluid constant movement and high technical skills :D

Lambert - knows why he was bought, game here and there and coming on when the bus is parked and the Plan A isn't working, he'll be fine.

Balotelli - I wouldn't underestimate what he can do alongside Sturridge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Augeo wrote: »
    Lambert - knows why he was bought, game here and there and coming on when the bus is parked and the Plan A isn't working, he'll be fine.

I would sadly.

His reputation is based more on myth than substance sadly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Right now in the Janaury window we need three signings.

A Striker with pace.

A Goalkeeper who can Goalkeep.

A defensive coach.

Central midfield for me. Ideally a player Rodgers is actually going to pick. Ideally one that can both defend and attack, but one or the other will do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Stab*City wrote: »
    Besides the fact that Brad Jones cant actually kick out a ball without it going straight up into the air, the rest of his keeping is awful too. Watching him he seems to make his move even before the ball is kicked. We badly need a solid solid keeper.

It's funny to watch. If I wasn't a Liverpool fan I'd tune in just for that.

His diving is like when kids roll around the ground playing soldiers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Dont underestimate Mario but also don't give BorinI a chance (coming off a fantastic season with Sunderland)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

Markovich reminded me of a young Messi. Electric with the ball at his feet. I'm not sure even he knows what he's going to do with the ball when he has it so the defence can't know. Really excited for this lad, Ronaldo wasn't starting every game when he arrived at Man u.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Sappy404 wrote: »
    Central midfield for me. Ideally a player Rodgers is actually going to pick. Ideally one that can both defend and attack, but one or the other will do.

Axel Witsel.

But it won't happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Gits_bone wrote: »
    Markovich reminded me of a young Messi. Electric with the ball at his feet. I'm not sure even he knows what he's going to do with the ball when he has it so the defence can't know. Really excited for this lad, Ronaldo wasn't starting every game when he arrived at Man u.

about 6?

Axel Witsel.

But it won't happen.

No way. One dimensional player that doesn't offer any more than Lucas imo.

OT.

If anyone is on Setanta and missed the €99 for a year deal I rang up today to cancel and was offered the €99 deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Gits_bone wrote: »
    No way. One dimensional player that doesn't offer any more than Lucas imo.

Lol, Lucas has done a good job and am happy to see him play well but he is upgradable for sure, Witsel is a beast in midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

BenEadir wrote: »
    It will have to be a toss up between Marcovic and Coutinho. Both have talent but both blow hot and cold and both need to develop more discipline in their game.

In fairness markovic hasnt even had a chance to blow cold yet, the more mins he gets you can see why he was so highly regarded, more time on the pitch for mr markovic please brendan;)

T-K-O wrote: »
    Dont underestimate Mario but also don't give BorinI a chance (coming off a fantastic season with Sunderland)

Not my decision to want Borini out........ I thought Borini would have seen game time over the last month, he hasn't so I'd sooner see him leave than stay unused, better for all concerned imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

shamrock55 wrote: »
    In fairness markovic hasnt even had a chance to blow cold yet, the more mins he gets you can see why he was so highly regarded, more time on the pitch for mr markovic please brendan;)

I like the way when he gets the ball he is looking forward straight away. Always trying to advance. Same with AL. As for Hendo last few games seems like he has been told to pass the ball backwards or level but never forward.

• Advertisement

klose wrote: »
    Lol, Lucas has done a good job and am happy to see him play well but he is upgradable for sure, Witsel is a beast in midfield.

Not by someone who's just passing time in Russia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭breghall

Anychance we can loan Jones out FOC to Newcastle to ease their goalkeeping woes :D

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/30526896

breghall wrote: »
    Anychance we can loan Jones out FOC to Newcastle to ease their goalkeeping woes :D

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/30526896

"Injured"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Hopefully Markovic is beginning to settle down now. He's played well in his last 3 appearances. Don't think left wing back is the position for him though. Good going forward but tried a few flicks last night in defensive positions that you would rather not see. Put in a good shift tracking back all the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Strikes me as weird that Brendan just can't shift players that he bought. I might get corrected but nobody has come in and been sold since he took over - Borini would be the first. Assaidi, Aspas, Luis Alberto, Borini etc are all still Liverpool players while seemingly out of favour

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

James Pearce saying there is money to spend for Rodgers in January but not a lot which is why they hope to sell Borini to boost the pot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

pace was the difference last night. i also thought our patience on the ball in the first half to try and take the sting out was wise.

but it was all about Sterling's pace, and Lallana intelligence.

Lambert up top just doesn't stretch teams, and we get fúcked as a result.

with no Sturridge, Sterling up top is by far our best option, so I have to give some credit to Rodgers for maybe realising that. our attacking play has improved exponentially with that change.

our defence is still, ultimately, going to our, and maybe his, downfall though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Can somebody explain to me why we did'nt land Lopez from Madrid at the end of last season ?

Would have been a great buy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Hopefully Markovic is beginning to settle down now. He's played well in his last 3 appearances. Don't think left wing back is the position for him though. Good going forward but tried a few flicks last night in defensive positions that you would rather not see. Put in a good shift tracking back all the same.

And he's not much older than sterling, it will probably be next season when we start seeing him properly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

8-10 wrote: »
    Strikes me as weird that Brendan just can't shift players that he bought. I might get corrected but nobody has come in and been sold since he took over - Borini would be the first. Assaidi, Aspas, Luis Alberto, Borini etc are all still Liverpool players while seemingly out of favour

Borini and Assaidi were wanted last summer but the former wanted to stay and the latter was stymied by price/wages I think. I think the Aspas deal was on loan to buy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Not my decision to want Borini out........ I thought Borini would have seen game time over the last month, he hasn't so I'd sooner see him leave than stay unused, better for all concerned imo

I would agree with this too ! If the player isn't wanted by the manager then it's time for him to move on . I do like the fact he wanted to fight for his place but it's not gonna happen so a move at this stage would be best for him .

Liverpool step up attempt to land the "new Zlatan Ibrahimovic". Gianluca Scamacca is a 15 year old at Roma, he is free to leave as he is under age - predictably several clubs are after him. He is flipping huge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

That video is hillarious, he looks about 40 playing against a load of under 10's

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭eyescreamcone

Liverpool step up attempt to land the "new Zlatan Ibrahimovic". Gianluca Scamacca is a 15 year old at Roma, he is free to leave as he is under age - predictably several clubs are after him. He is flipping huge.

The size of him - he'd probably be better than Brad Jones in goal

School boy defending.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

Yeah quick sign the lad who grew up 10 years early.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

That's fair enough but in the meantime he could do a job or at least be an option on the bench. Sitting at home playing FIFA does nothing for us or his value in the market.

T-K-O wrote: »
    ... Sitting at home playing FIFA does nothing for us or his value in the market.

for all we know there's something arranged already :)

And who exactly is parking the bus in terror at our attacking play exactly? If Lambo is there to smash open defences who park the bus against us he's going to have a quiet year.
    I think you're clutching at straws to be honest but I'm also clutching at the same straw. Surely he'll click with Sturridge, if not he's 100% gone.

I would agree with this too ! If the player isn't wanted by the manager then it's time for him to move on . I do like the fact he wanted to fight for his place but it's not gonna happen so a move at this stage would be best for him .

Really depends on whether what's best for Borini is judged in football or financial terms. He's earning £50,000 (€63,500) per week with LFC and has 2.5 years left on his contract at which time he'll just have turned 26. It seems to me that he believes he can be a top player and will not move to a mid table club (we'll he's in a mid table club at the moment!!) or any club he thinks will be a step down unless they are going to pay him silly money. There is little downside to him staying and trying to develop so that if circumstances change (BR goes, injuries create an opportunity etc) he will get his chance. If at the end of the next 2.5 years he has picked up £6.5m and can move for free I'm sure he'll get over the disappointment of not making it at Liverpool and will be snapped up by one of the Italian teams who'll give him a decent 5 year contract and he can then play away in the knowledge he gave being a top player the best shot he could.

All the downside here is LFC's which is why I think the way BR is treating him is very short-sighted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Can people actually stop posting random twitter links without telling us the content?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

How are yas feeling about the Arsenal game on Sunday?

Can people actually stop posting random twitter links without telling us the content?

Rafa Benitez: "In the past fortnight I have rejected two offers."
    Gazzetta dello Sport claiming those clubs were LFC & Valencia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

Have you images turned off? The content is displayed?

byrneg28 wrote: »
    How are yas feeling about the Arsenal game on Sunday?

3-2 win of not 4-2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

We had a good 50 to 60 mins against Bournemouth, and just as well because we were on the back foot for the last half hour.

I'd say Arsenal 3-1 or 2-1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

He absolutely batters his own team mate in his last celebration :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

If Rafa has made public that he has been offered the Liverpool job recently I think he will have now burnt any bridge back to the club under the current owners.

There is no way Rafa was offered the Liverpool job in the last 2 weeks.

Rafa leaking stuff to the press and is getting name out there now for when he get sacked at Napoli in the coming weeks.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement