Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning in OP, 10/12

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Have you images turned off? The content is displayed?

Have images on, nothing is showing below that link.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Knex. wrote: »
    He absolutely batters his own team mate in his last celebration :pac:

He was doing the fellani

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

It is for myself. I see the twitter link and an embedded image below it of the tweet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

We had a good 50 to 60 mins against Bournemouth, and just as well because we were on the back foot for the last half hour.

I'd say Arsenal 3-1 or 2-1

I sadly dont think we'll beat Arsenal in our current state, im thinking 2-0 to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Gits_bone wrote: »
    Rafa Benitez: "In the past fortnight I have rejected two offers."
    Gazzetta dello Sport claiming those clubs were LFC & Valencia.

Doesn't say what Jon though does it? Defensive coach at LFC most probably or we could bring back the old days of joint managers.

BenEadir wrote: »
    And who exactly is parking the bus in terror at our attacking play exactly? If Lambo is there to smash open defences who park the bus against us he's going to have a quiet year..............

I'm responding to the question you asked, how Lambert & Balotelli feel about the latest tactics / team set up.

My response regarding Lambert is exactly that, a response to what you asked.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Are you still using the old boards style (I am)? This shows just the twitter link, but the new default style that most people use shows the embedded tweet as well as the link.

5starpool wrote: »
    Are you still using the old boards style (I am)? This shows just the twitter link, but the new default style that most people use shows the embedded tweet as well as the link.

That's it I'd say.

I HATE the current boards design. Worse than BETA Guardian and that's saying something.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Lads what are the sites or twitter accounts ye follow to read up on the club?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭Sappy404

If Rafa has made public that he has been offered the Liverpool job recently I think he will have now burnt any bridge back to the club under the current owners.
    There is no way Rafa was offered the Liverpool job in the last 2 weeks.

Rafa leaking stuff to the press and is getting name out there now for when he get sacked at Napoli in the coming weeks.

He mentioned he had offers. It's the newspaper that's naming (speculating on?) the clubs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

Sappy404 wrote: »
    He mentioned he had offers. It's the newspaper that's naming (speculating on?) the clubs.

Ah that makes more sense.

Newspapers adding 2+2 and coming up with 349 again by the sounds of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Augmerson wrote: »
    Lads what are the sites or twitter accounts ye follow to read up on the club?

That cate cohen is fairly informative.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

ebbsy wrote: »
    Can somebody explain to me why we did'nt land Lopez from Madrid at the end of last season ?

Would have been a great buy.

Because we are pretty crap at transfers and wouldn't know a good deal if it hit the transfer committee in the face like a wet fish. Apparently Madrid just paid him off to leave for free and all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

ebbsy wrote: »
    Can somebody explain to me why we did'nt land Lopez from Madrid at the end of last season ?

Would have been a great buy.
    klose wrote: »
    Because we are pretty crap at transfers and wouldn't know a good deal if it hit the transfer committee in the face like a wet fish. Apparently Madrid just paid him off to leave for free and all.

Maybe this is why? I really do think most people don't realise how Mignolet is not as bad as everyone makes out and guys like Begovic, Lopez, Vorm, Ocha etc are not as good. At best they are on a similar level, the only difference is people rarely actually watch those other keepers so don't see their mistakes.

• Advertisement

I'd rather have the Inter Keeper, he's big and has a great name for a goalie.

I just hope there is no truth in the stories linking us with Ochoa and Romero, I dont think they be any improvement on Mig. Imo they're both too small and any time I've watched them, they never hold onto the ball and always parrying the ball back into the paths of oncoming attackers.

Tim Howard thinks that Mig may be finished at Anfield.
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/brendan-rodgers-ended-simon-mignolets-4835123

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Being linked to Sergio Romero now as keeper.

Xherdan Shaqiri can leave FC Bayern for £10M in January.

https://twitter.com/karlsentk/status/545532355356930048

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Maybe this is why? I really do think most people don't realise how Mignolet is not as bad as everyone makes out and guys like Begovic, Lopez, Vorm, Ocha etc are not as good. At best they are on a similar level, the only difference is people rarely actually watch those other keepers so don't see their mistakes.

There were some people who thought that Jones would do a better job than Mignolet. So it comes as no surprise that the keepers you mentioned are being overrated.

Xherdan Shaqiri can leave FC Bayern for £10M in January.

https://twitter.com/karlsentk/status/545532355356930048

Rodgers sure does like his attacking midfielders but I think we have enough of them.

• Advertisement

That ship sailed with Lallana and Markovic Shirley

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Rodgers sure does like his attacking midfielders but I think we have enough of them.

He is also a proven talent that works against him.

tin-foil-hat.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

He is also a proven talent that works against him.

tin-foil-hat.jpg

You don't get tired of throwing out these lines, do you? Seriously, be as openly critical of the man as you wish but couldn't you leave the rather childish put-downs out?

mosstin wrote: »
    You don't get tired of throwing out these lines, do you? Seriously, be as openly critical of the man as you wish but couldn't you leave the rather childish put-downs out?

That hat's for you and your comment in the match thread attacking me for my posts.

No sense of humour.

I had a feeling you might pop up and attack me again.

That hat's for you and your comment in the match thread attacking me for my posts.

No sense of humour.

I had a feeling you might pop up and attack me again.

That's a hat? Jesus wept man - you've had time to Google for a hat and that's the best you did? :D

That's a hat? Jesus wept man - you've had time to Google for a hat and that's the best you did? :D

If you have issues with my posts as this is the second time you have attcked me in two days either block me or report the posts.

I don't see you pulling up any other posters.

Don't be a dick is the Boards motto.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Shaqiri for £10m is beyond ridiculous, no?

get on it.

If you have issues with my posts as this is the second time you have attcked me in two days either block me or report the posts.

I don't see you pulling up any other posters.

Don't be a dick is the Boards motto.

Hit a nerve have I? It's simple - you're clearly down on Rodgers which you're fully entitled to be. Voicing that in a coherent way is better than having to read consistently snidy comments as to the manager's ability/lack of ability.
    It's a decent thread which is frequently engaging and the two posts of yours I replied to you about were just childish, contributing nothing. Humour is great - yours just aren't funny, that's the difference. That motto applies to everyone.

Hit a nerve have I? It's simple - you're clearly down on Rodgers which you're fully entitled to be. Voicing that in a coherent way is better than having to read consistently snidy comments as to the manager's ability/lack of ability.
    It's a decent thread which is frequently engaging and the two posts of yours I replied to you about were just childish, contributing nothing. Humour is great - yours just aren't funny, that's the difference. That motto applies to everyone.

Well then go ahead and block me or report my posts as I siad as I won't be bullied into not posting just because you don't like the way I post.

Yes the motto does apply to everyone but you are attacking me not my posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

Stab*City wrote: »
    I like the way when he gets the ball he is looking forward straight away. Always trying to advance. Same with AL. As for Hendo last few games seems like he has been told to pass the ball backwards or level but never forward.

Hendo has a Fantastic Engine, that will Run for you, specially if there is Space.

But 1 thing he can't do, is Dribble the Ball. So whenever he tries to Beat his Man, more often than not, he's going to Pass it back.

1 of the Reasons why I want Gerrard dropped, is so that we can put Hendo at CM, and put a True Winger on the Right.

We're so Lopsided in our Attack right now. With most of it, coming from the Left.

I think that's also one of the Reasons why we've gone 3 at the Back. So we can accommodate Gerrard, as well as having the prerequisite amount of Midfielders/Wingers, to make our Fast Paced Football effective.

But it also mean that our Defense is even more Susceptible to the Opponent's Counterattacks. Since you're tasking Marko/Hendo as Wingbacks, when they are not Defenders by Trade.

Our CBs are also getting Pulled out Wide, because of this. Leaving a Glaring Hole in the Middle. Thank God, Bournesmouth could not take Advantage of that, unlike Man U. And hopefully Arsenal won't either.

• Advertisement

Well then go ahead and block me or report my posts as I siad as I won't be bullied into not posting just because you don't like the way I post.

Yes the motto does apply to everyone but you are attacking me not my posts.

I have no intention of blocking you or your posts. I've seen you engage in proper discussion here - I have no idea where you're getting the idea that I'm bullying you though. Perhaps you should report my posts if you feel that? Anyway, we're derailing the thread with this. And I'm definitely having a go at your posts. I know nothing about you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Balotelli suspended for the Arsenal game

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

I have no intention of blocking you or your posts. I've seen you engage in proper discussion here - I have no idea where you're getting the idea that I'm bullying you though. Perhaps you should report my posts if you feel that? Anyway, we're derailing the thread with this. And I'm definitely having a go at your posts. I know nothing about you.

How about the two of you knock the bickering on the head and watch this.

http://vine.co/v/O536gqhajmP

The FA ordering Balotelli to attend a race education seminar is all kinds of

Picard_facepalm.jpg

greendom wrote: »
    Balotelli suspended for the Arsenal game

No biggie as he is injured and Sterling is now the default striker.

How about the two of you knock the bickering on the head and watch this.

http://vine.co/v/O536gqhajmP

Always going to end with a vine wasn't it? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Hendo has a Fantastic Engine, that will Run for you, specially if there is Space.

But 1 thing he can't do, is Dribble the Ball. So whenever he tries to Beat his Man, more often than not, he's going to Pass it back.

1 of the Reasons why I want Gerrard dropped, is so that we can put Hendo at CM, and put a True Winger on the Right.

We're so Lopsided in our Attack right now. With most of it, coming from the Left.

I think that's also one of the Reasons why we've gone 3 at the Back. So we can accommodate Gerrard, as well as having the prerequisite amount of Midfielders/Wingers, to make our Fast Paced Football effective.

But it also mean that our Defense is even more Susceptible to the Opponent's Counterattacks. Since you're tasking Marko/Hendo as Wingbacks, when they are not Defenders by Trade.

Our CBs are also getting Pulled out Wide, because of this. Leaving a Glaring Hole in the Middle.
    Thank God, Bournesmouth could not take Advantage of that, unlike Man U. And hopefully Arsenal won't either.
    Looking at the last 2 matches, i wouldn't agree that we are more exposed to counter attacks.

With 3 CBs, once one is dragged out to defend, we still have 2 CBs in the middle to defend(natch). With 2CBs and attacking FBs, we would only have only 1 CB in the middle and depending on a midfielder busting a gut to fill a hole in the middle. Now that there is a CB there, the midfielder can track the most dangerous attacker running from deep which most midfielders would be fairly OK at.

If one of 3 CBs are pulled wide, it isn't such a big problem with having 2 CBs left and not such a glaring hole left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

Shocking that he is banned and fined for such a silly reason. It was a joke, not even in poor taste imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Charlie19 wrote: »
    I'd rather have the Inter Keeper, he's big and has a great name for a goalie.

I just hope there is no truth in the stories linking us with Ochoa and Romero, I dont think they be any improvement on Mig. Imo they're both too small and any time I've watched them, they never hold onto the ball and always parrying the ball back into the paths of oncoming attackers.

Tim Howard thinks that Mig may be finished at Anfield.
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/brendan-rodgers-ended-simon-mignolets-4835123

Whats interesting is under the article theres a poll on whether Rodgers was right to drop Mignolet or not... 73% in favour! Pretty shocked at that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

Shaqiri for ten mill would be an excellent signing. However, as has been pointed out, we have a lot of attacking midfielders and wide forwards already so its unlikely we'll sign him. Its a shame though, i think he'd do very well in the prem

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Whats interesting is under the article theres a poll on whether Rodgers was right to drop Mignolet or not... 73% in favour! Pretty shocked at that.

Not knowing how bad Jones is, I would of probably dropped mig myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

MR NINE wrote: »
    Shaqiri for ten mill would be an excellent signing. However, as has been pointed out, we have a lot of attacking midfielders and wide forwards already so its unlikely we'll sign him. Its a shame though, i think he'd do very well in the prem

Screw that, sign him. Henderson is playing on the wing at the moment and surely cannot be persisted with out there. Square peg round hole. We have been at this carry-on for long enough. Sterling's days ahead are in a more central role I would have thought.

Shaqiri is absolute quality and an upgrade on the majority of our offensive mids. At that price it is a no-brainer

The reason we finished second last year.

Liberal-Pool

http://mirr.im/1DQpEO7

The reason we finished second last year.

Liberal-Pool

http://mirr.im/1DQpEO7

Thats such a bum deal we got there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Jones is a shocking keeper really Sunday league stuff. I've seen him before but the rooney goal he tries to guess the ball by jumping behind Where his defenders were, really basic not what to do,.the rvp goal he was no where near it, not really his fault but some effort was needed.

He did catch well, though simple catches really. Rodgers dropping Mig and playing Jones reminds of when Sam allidyce put two keepers on his bench and no strikers, just stating this is the position we need. Big play by Rodgers and not really in the position to have a power play. Who knows what's really going on but the club either has to back him or sack him, these media leaks and players not being played isn't moving in the right direction.

• Advertisement

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Jones is a shocking keeper really Sunday league stuff. I've seen him before but the rooney goal he tries to guess the ball by jumping behind Where his defenders were, really basic not what to do,.the rvp goal he was no where near it, not really his fault but some effort was needed.

He did catch well, though simple catches really. Rodgers dropping Mig and playing Jones reminds of when Sam allidyce put two keepers on his bench and no strikers, just stating this is the position we need. Big play by Rodgers and not really in the position to have a power play. Who knows what's really going on but the club either has to back him or sack him, these media leaks and players not being played isn't moving in the right direction.

tumblr_lwrpmxeova1qh9bt2o1_500.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

tumblr_lwrpmxeova1qh9bt2o1_500.gif

Can't see pictures, any chance you could describe it for me?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

Thats such a bum deal we got there.

The homophobic guys name is Rimmer, Rimmer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Can't see pictures, any chance you could describe it for me?

Sure.

gorilla-walking-away-gif.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

anyone good at making gifs? this is just begging for sturridge's face to be morphed in

http://giphy.com/gifs/guardians-of-the-galaxy-groot-i-am-d3sE6FcNZa7Ju

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement