Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning in OP, 10/12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Can we appeal the Balotelli ban, to get it increased.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

They probably charge more for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Xherdan Shaqiri can leave FC Bayern for £10M in January.

https://twitter.com/karlsentk/status/545532355356930048

He will end up being bought by West Ham after we end up paying 20m for Saido Berahino.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

brevity wrote: »
    He will end up being bought by West Ham after we end up paying 20m for Saido Berahino.

Stop with your madcap conspiracy theories before you get pulled up on them.

Stop with your madcap conspiracy theories before you get pulled up on them.

catintinfoilhat.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Apparently we did - the FA wanted more than an email stating "Why always him?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

We should pay 30m for Berahino, just to be on the safe side.
    Who needs Shaqiri, can't even get in the Bayern team, whereas Berahino starts for West Brom week in, week out.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭john why

When's Kess coming back, he might bring us some luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

martyos121 wrote: »
    Who needs Shaqiri, can't even get in the Bayern team, whereas Berahino starts for West Brom week in, week out.

We can joke about it, but seriously it seems to be that our transfer target policy is 'in-form players at smaller Premier League clubs'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Speaking of in form players at smaller clubs,Rodgers compared Sterling to Sanchez today. Can the man not just shut up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

Bit of a disaster that Glen Johnson is injured.

For only a month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

Luis Alberto on for the last 20 minutes of Malaga V Deportivo in the Copa Del Rey, decent match as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Speaking of in form players at smaller clubs,Rodgers compared Sterling to Sanchez today. Can the man not just shut up.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=93492247&postcount=8083

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

He didnt really compare the players directly. He just said their roles in the team are similar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

c1zbpDn.jpg

*shudders*

What is it with Rodgers and Delph?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

He likes the patterns.

Collection-of-English-Delftware-600px.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1319572139346

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

He's average, in a bit of form and from a lower premier league team, what's not to like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

• Advertisement

Delph is slang for teeth but whatev's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

by the looks of that fine publication, we need to hire Robbie Savage to tell us how to get stuff done in REAL style

He's average, in a bit of form and from a lower premier league team, what's not to like?

He'll cost peanuts aside from wages, it's a low risk deal but he seems very injury prone, would be short term CM option if he stayed fit. More squad filler, can't see it happening really. Would hope it doesn't.

Delph is slang for teeth but whatev's.

You kids and your slang.

Sorry,Harry. Missed that earlier.

Dismal great minds and all that! His own worst enemy (but even worse for his players).

5starpool wrote: »
    You kids and your slang.

that's 60s/70s slang :pac:

• Advertisement

Augeo wrote: »
    that's 60s/70s slang :pac:

You grandads and your slang.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,041 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

The reason we finished second last year.

Liberal-Pool

http://mirr.im/1DQpEO7

I find it hilarious that the man's sirname is "Rimmer".

Bummer! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

We've been linked with delph before and haven't bought him yet. People using us being linked with him as an excuse to have a pop at Rodgers... Honestly i think people just forget that during his tenure we've attempted to sign loads of good players that we just haven't landed. Thats hardly on Brendan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭RED L4 0TH

Would Delph go to pieces if Rodgers bought him and then subsequently dropped him?

(gets coat).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

Screw that, sign him. Henderson is playing on the wing at the moment and surely cannot be persisted with out there. Square peg round hole. We have been at this carry-on for long enough. Sterling's days ahead are in a more central role I would have thought.

Shaqiri is absolute quality and an upgrade on the majority of our offensive mids. At that price it is a no-brainer

I completely agree we should sign him, i was just saying i dont think we will. As i said, itd be a shame not to sign him coz hed be a great signing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭pmy.murphy

MR NINE wrote: »
    I completely agree we should sign him, i was just saying i dont think we will. As i said, itd be a shame not to sign him coz hed be a great signing.

Shaqiri would be nice but I think what we need is a quality central midfield player who can retain possession and pass the ball definately an upgrade on Joe Allen who is a nothing player. Someone like Feyenoords Jordy Clasie who is an excellent player from what Ive seen of him who would cost between 7-10 million

Im glad to see Markovic finally stepping up too. He had a pretty horrendous start but is starting to show what hes capable of. When you think about it only Lovren has been an absolute disaster out of all the signings. Balotelli has been poor too but I wouldnt label him a disaster as hes been asked to play in a role that simply doesnt suit him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

Yeah hes not a priority but hed be great value for ten mill. I agree re cm/joe allen. Its been a couple years now and i just dont see what he offers. He used to be particularly good at pressing/harrying and providing energy in midfield but even that isnt too impressive lately. Hes just mediocre in every department. We need a cm, but i think more of a dm is required

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

RED L4 0TH wrote: »
    Would Delph go to pieces if Rodgers bought him and then subsequently dropped him?

(gets coat).

Does your coat have more good jokes in it? Because this one was pretty good. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Kirby wrote: »

Beats a lot of the shit I come out with anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Kirby wrote: »

Handed to him on a plate, tbf.

5live wrote: »
    Handed to him on a plate, tbf.

Wait, I'm confused. Did he get the plate before he got the coat? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭Sappy404

I can't say I know an awful lot about Fabian Delph, but I'm glad we're looking at CM. When your midfield can neither create chances or protect the back four, it needs fixing.

People who have been disparaging of the idea thus far: would you have him as a replacement for Lucas rather than as a replacement for Gerrard?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

Sappy404 wrote: »
    I can't say I know an awful lot about Fabian Delph, but I'm glad we're looking at CM. When your midfield can neither create chances or protect the back four, it needs fixing.

People who have been disparaging of the idea thus far: would you have him as a replacement for Lucas rather than as a replacement for Gerrard?

He's out of contract in the summer. That's why.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Gits_bone wrote: »
    He's out of contract in the summer. That's why.

I know that. Is he an improvement over Lucas is what I'm asking.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

Yes.

He's a better footballer than Lucas. He's two footed which is nice and he likes a tackle. He's a lot physically fitter and quicker than Gerrard but he wouldn't have anywhere near the passing skills. And he's a one goal a season man. He isn't going to be scoring from midfield.

Is he an improvement? A little bit but the bottom line is he's homegrown and cheap. That's why the deal is being floated....not because he's outstanding or anything. Liverpool need to be aiming higher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Liverpool-centric Friday Quized

Managaged 15/20

http://www.football365.com/f365-features/9610166/Friday-Quiz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Honestly i think people just forget that during his tenure we've attempted to sign loads of good players that we just haven't landed. Thats hardly on Brendan.

Em, it's definitely at least a bit "on him"?! :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

c1zbpDn.jpg

*shudders*

That's a rag. I wouldn't be worrying about that happening

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

martyos121 wrote: »

And 50m for Bolasie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

http://www.football365.com/news/21554/9611934/-People-Are-Trying-To-Kill-Us-It-s-Normal-

Is it just me, or does all the pressers lately just sound so fake coming from everyone. I know they're trying to keep up morale but its getting a bit too "alls well" for me.

No not as a DM he wouldn't be.

He'd be a CM who would be a good squad player for a free but not what we need imo we need to be look at someone who plays at a level higher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Off now for black eye Friday in Liverpool and hope for a good match Sunday and the right result

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement