Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning in OP, 10/12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

In the old days Liverpool would pick up the hot thing at a smaller British club (Aldo, Beardsley, Ian St John, Toshack) and pay at times big money for him! Though not always of course - Keegan and Roger Hunt were both cheap pick-ups. The rest were mainly home grown - Owen, Fowler, Fairclough, Liddle, Jack Balmer etc.

That's something that's really changed - who was the last really good striker to join any big club from a small one and go on to do big things? Ian Wright from Palace? Alan Shearer from Southampton?

Daniel Sturridge :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

I have lost a lot of time for Rodgers with this Jones in goals stunt. Fair enough one game but it hasn't worked and he is not good enough. He did the same last year bringing on the make a wish fella against Chelsea.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Vicxas wrote: »
    Jesus christ, what has Mig done to deserve this shut out!?

It seems to me like he must have had a full on blazing row with Rodgers as there is really no other explanation given how Jones has done in the last couple of games. Mignolet has not done well all season but he is still clearly better than Jones. You'd have to assume that it is nailed on that we will see a keeper arrive in the January window, and presumably fairly early on. I saw links to Romero yesterday, but again it's all speculation, as is my blazing row stuff obviously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

5starpool wrote: »
    It seems to me like he must have had a full on blazing row with Rodgers as there is really no other explanation given how Jones has done in the last couple of games. Mignolet has not done well all season but he is still clearly better than Jones. You'd have to assume that it is nailed on that we will see a keeper arrive in the January window, and presumably fairly early on. I saw links to Romero yesterday, but again it's all speculation, as is my blazing row stuff obviously.

I would hope it is Romero over Ochoa if we are really after one of them

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Porto also benefit (in the sourcing element at least) largely from third party membership of players, so there is usually little risk involved

lower share of the sell-on fee though for the club, you'd imagine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭jasonb

Bowlardo wrote: »
    Would it be hard to get tickets?

It's hard to know, it being a Semi Final doesn't help, and it being Chelsea really doesn't help! If you're only looking for 1 ticket, and if you have any of the earlier rounds on your member card, it should be possible. At least that's what I'm hoping! :)

J.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

If we're looking at players on frees, the forgotten man Scott Sinclair might be a shout. Wasted at City, looked savage at Swansea.

And is Artur Boruc past it? He was a savage keeper at S'ton?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Andy ScottVerified account ‏@andpscott

Report coming out of Lille that Divock Origi will end Lille loan in Jan and join Liverpool. #LFC will pay 6 million euros for the privilege

Hopefully not much pressure on him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

€6m for basically 6 months for a guy who's scored 9 goals in 55 league games while we ignore Borini. Genius.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

10806194_10153059473312573_5138930893678865853_n.jpg?oh=a250c7442084deb3b3bf3fa88d24cf24&oe=553CEAFA

Gits_bone wrote: »
    If we're looking at players on frees, the forgotten man Scott Sinclair might be a shout. Wasted at City, looked savage at Swansea.

And is Artur Boruc past it? He was a savage keeper at S'ton?

More mid table players just what we need.

More mid table players just what we need.

Well the good players of city/arsenal/chelsea are not gonna be sold to us. So that leaves Spurs downwards. Everton won't sell, Spurs will rip us off, so that leaves mid table down.

Well the good players of city/arsenal/chelsea are not gonna be sold to us. So that leaves Spurs downwards. Everton won't sell, Spurs will rip us off, so that leaves mid table down.

There is other leagues in the world you are allowed to buy players from.

:confused: Theres alot of other leagues to buy from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Any word on Valdes? He still training at Unireh?

• Advertisement

MD1990 wrote: »
    :confused: Theres alot of other leagues to buy from.
    There is other leagues in the world you are allowed to buy players from.

What teams? It's the same whatever league you go to, big teams won't sell because if they're good they won't want to sell them. And then you're into the midtable of every league.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Dayum wrote: »
    Maybe it's because I take an interest in the Copa Libertadores and the South American leagues but I was aware of Neymar and Ganso since around 2009 when they were at Santos. The same with Tevez and Mascherano when I seen them playing for Boca Juniors and River Plate back in 2005. Even Aguero showed signs of stardom at 17 when he was at Independiente. I was shocked to see a European club take so long to come in for Neymar...

There are some real gems in the South American leagues - that's why I think Liverpool would benefit from having a manager from the region who knows the football there like the back of his hand and is capable of sweeping up all the talent. I\d recommend Tite who won the Copa Libertadores with Corinthians. He's well respected in Latin America.

Maybe the club could hire you as the south American scout and we could have our very own galacticos in a few years time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Kenny testified today in court for the Hillsborough Inquests

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-30545273

I can see this court case getting very heated as it goes on what with both sides differing views and the emotions at play

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Dayum

Maybe the club could hire you as the south American scout and we could have our very own galacticos in a few years time.

I think the club could hire just about anyone on this forum and still do a better job than they are currently doing...

The world and his wife knew the problems coming down the line with that squad before even a ball was kicked this season.

It's just sheer incompetence at the highest level. Shocking really at this level of the game. You'd wonder whether they were football people at all...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

€6m for basically 6 months for a guy who's scored 9 goals in 55 league games while we ignore Borini. Genius.

We really are awful at transfer deals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Dayum wrote: »
    I think the club could hire just about anyone on this forum and still do a better job than they are currently doing...

The world and his wife knew the problems coming down the line with that squad before even a ball was kicked this season.

It's just sheer incompetence at the highest level. Shocking really at this level of the game. You'd wonder whether they were football people at all...

I know its a common throw back, but I genuinely do think you're relating the real life management and running of a Football Club, to Football Manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

x43r0 wrote: »
    Kenny testified today in court for the Hillsborough Inquests

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-30545273

I can see this court case getting very heated as it goes on what with both sides differing views and the emotions at play

Not really. I think it's clear already what a travesty the entire episode was. This hearing will just confirm the shameful cover up perpetrated by colleagues of SY police force. Already much of the evidence has been damning - I just hope that justice will be meted out on its conclusion. David Conn's Twitter feed has been compelling reading throughout. JFT96.

Knex. wrote: »
    I know its a common throw back, but I genuinely do think you're relating the real life management and running of a Football Club, to Football Manager.

If you regard letting go one of the best strikers in the world right now that had scored 31 goals getting the club into the Champions League for the first time in eons and have doubts about replacing him with a guy that has had problems at every single club he's ever been involved with and another guy with his free bus pass something akin to fantasy or Football Manager then I just don't know what to make of it.

To be capable of competing in world class competitions and tournaments, you MUST be prepared to pay out for a world class squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

6m to get origi now isnt a bad deal when you consider how much it would cost to sign another forward. Whether he is good enough or not is another question, but considering we need to sign a forward and hes coming next summer anyway, it makes sense to get him now instead. 6m really isnt that much nowadays anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭pmy.murphy

How laughable is this?? Fabian Delph to replace Gerrard. Isnt fit to lace his boots

http://www.koptalk.co.uk/201412191359/fabian-delph-emerges-as-liverpool-target.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

brevity wrote: »
    We really are awful at transfer deals.
    MR NINE wrote: »
    6m to get origi now isnt a bad deal when you consider how much it would cost to sign another forward. Whether he is good enough or not is another question, but considering we need to sign a forward and hes coming next summer anyway, it makes sense to get him now instead. 6m really isnt that much nowadays anyway.

This is my view, some on twitter are even worse than LFC at transfers though.
    Darragh Collins @DazColz · 10m10 minutes ago

Liverpool could be paying £6 million to bring back Divock Origi from Lille. Now that is desperation. Just get Bony? #LFC

How much does this chap think Bony will cost in January to prise away from Swansea?

pmy.murphy wrote: »
    How laughable is this?? Fabian Delph to replace Gerrard. Isnt fit to lace his boots

http://www.koptalk.co.uk/201412191359/fabian-delph-emerges-as-liverpool-target.html

United are looking at the Di Maria's and Falcao's of this world - City's looking at the Aguero's and Silva's - Arsenal are looking at the Sanchez's and Ozil's, Chelsea are looking at the Costa's and Fabregas's.

Liverpool want the Lambert's and Delph's....lmfao.

If the situation wasn't so serious, it would be a scene taken right out of Only Fools & Horses. This club has no vision, no ambition and the sooner the supporters realise that the less disappointed they'll be. Better lower those expectations, boys. The club certainly couldn't give a flip...why should you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

I've no problem bringing him back (the 6m clause is dumb) but its the same situation of depending on a player that doesn't have experience.

The whole transfer policy needs to scraped and built up again.

We cannot keep wasting money.

Edit: does the whole origi deal come to 16m?

That's ****ing stupid if true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

brevity wrote: »

Edit: does the whole origi deal come to 16m?

That's ****ing stupid if true.

Caught with our pants down... Taken advantage of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

Most important signing should be a defensive coach.

• Advertisement

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Caught with our pants down... Taken advantage of.

We might as well give up wearing pants!

We have been caught with them down so much in the last few years!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

"Sick of pants"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Liverpool would be stupid to pay €6m for Origi in January, there will be huge pressure on him and he isn't exactly prolific at Lille this season, would be much better off waiting until the summer for him to arrive. That €6m has to go towards signing another striker, I wonder will selling Borini be the difference between signing another striker or Origi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

Liverpool would be stupid to pay €6m for Origi in January, there will be huge pressure on him and he isn't exactly prolific at Lille this season, would be much better off waiting until the summer for him to arrive. That €6m has to go towards signing another striker, I wonder will selling Borini be the difference between signing another striker or Origi.

€6m is a pittance, of course there will be pressure on him, he'll be playing for LFC if he doesn't want the pressure he shouldn't have signed.

We need more options up front, we can't rely on Sturridge and the rest are misfiring, Origi will be a great option to have, he doesn't have to be playing every game but at least he'l give us a bit of depth in the squad.

So 20 year old Sterling and 19 year old Origi to save the second have of our season.

No pressure on their shoulders at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

So 20 year old Sterling and 19 year old Origi to save the second have of our season.

No pressure on their shoulders at all.

There is nothing stopping other players contributing if they want.

There is nothing stopping other players contributing if they want.

Something has been stopping them so far that seems to be an issue for the last few months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Really think Origi would be a great asset. However Rodgers has said a number of times that the terms of the deal were that he would continue the season with Lille.

I'd say from a Rodgers point of view the best situation would be Borini swapped for Origi. Borini's career at the club looks to be over. I wouldn't think he is an ideal replacement for Lille for Origi but he's a decent player. Borini and say, 5m sterling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Sterling for 5m to Lille? is that you Brendan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Interesting how he responds to the question on Balotelli's 'personal growth'.

He seemed pretty depressed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Sterling for 5m to Lille? is that you Brendan?

giphy.gif

Och nooooo pounds sterlingggg.......

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Interesting how he responds to the question on Balotelli's 'personal growth'.

He seemed pretty depressed.

That conference says it all really.

I'd say he's losing the dressing room.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Paying an extra £6m to bring in another young player 6 months earlier than they're already due to join is just beyond desperation.

How depressing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Losing the dressing room...lol.

If anything he'd just freeze it out and make the lads change on the bus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Paying an extra £6m to bring in another young player 6 months earlier than they're already due to join is just beyond desperation.

How depressing.

6million down the swanny, its small time nonsense. The club loves to talk itself up as being massive but this kind of deal takes the biscuit.

Pinning our hopes on a kid (who should be given time to develop and bed in alongside established strikers instead) is a bloody joke.

That €6m could have paid the extra wages over the course of his contract that might have swayed Sanchez away from London.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

Cannot wait to see LOL in action :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Cannot wait to see LOL in action :pac:

We've moved on. Fee agreed for PMSL. Do keep up.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement