Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning in OP, 10/12

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Paying an extra £6m to bring in another young player 6 months earlier than they're already due to join is just beyond desperation.

How depressing.

I don't get this hand holding mammy style. Sterling was dropped in the deep end and only for a small patch where he was out of form he did brilliantly. Do you think the club has 20 or 30 m pound sterling to spend on a proper striker of high caliber who can get u going straight away? Because I seriously doubt it. The simplest option is to get Origi in.

In another 7 months we could be lamenting a decent player up front when all we had was Balotelli and Lambert.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Augmerson wrote: »
    I don't get this hand holding mammy style. Sterling was dropped in the deep end and only for a small patch where he was out of form he did brilliantly. Do you think the club has 20 or 30 m pound sterling to spend on a proper striker of high caliber who can get u going straight away? Because I seriously doubt it. The simplest option is to get Origi in.

In another 7 months we could be lamenting a decent player up front when all we had was Balotelli and Lambert.

The simplest option.

Most likely not the right one.

As a move, it's unlikely to be of huge benefit to us. Hence why it's depressing.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    The simplest option.

Most likely not the right one.

As a move, it's unlikely to be of huge benefit to us. Hence why it's depressing.

Well I hear Robbie Keane is looking for a move back to the EPL. Sure why not. I have stats to prove his ability.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ManOnFire

Very abrupt in the presser, normally tends to go into detail with his answers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

ManOnFire wrote: »
    Very abrupt in the presser, normally tends to go into detail with his answers

He may have needed to use the toilet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭rossc007

Dayum wrote: »
    If the situation wasn't so serious, it would be a scene taken right out of Only Fools & Horses.

The one where Del Boy and Rodney take over a premier league club and spend 100 million, I missed that one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

rossc007 wrote: »
    The one where Del Boy and Rodney take over a premier league club and spend 100 million, I missed that one.

Or how about the one where Del Boy goes under the alias, Dayum, and starts pontificating on a fan forum with 'I told you so's', and 'I predicted this', all while believing he could run a football club better than people trained and paid millions to do so.

That one was a cracker. Classic Del Boy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Yup thats a big change in Rodgers attitude with the media, he actually looked like he was going to explode.

Definitely something afoot, I wonder what went down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

Lads stop having sh1t fits over something that probably won't even happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Apologies if this has been posted already, but this is so so funny.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=766908076679423

• Advertisement

monkey9 wrote: »
    Apologies if this has been posted already, but this is so so funny.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=766908076679423

Suppose it's a laugh if you like sniffing deodorant.

Suppose it's a laugh if you like sniffing deodorant.

Yeah well I had my fun.

This season is really hitting you hard. I'm sorry man, I didn't mean to bring your buzz down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

brevity wrote: »
    We really are awful at transfer deals.

And this thread is awful for defending same.

We don't need more young cheap potential type players right now, no sir. Take your moneyball and stick it where the sun don't shine. If we're buying players we need to be bringing in quality and experience. Anything else will be second rate - just like this ****ing season thus far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Liverpool already own Origi, you do know that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Dayum

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    And this thread is awful for defending same.

We don't need more young cheap potential type players right now, no sir. Take your moneyball and stick it where the sun don't shine. If we're buying players we need to be bringing in quality and experience. Anything else will be second rate - just like this ****ing season thus far.

Perhaps they could coax Ian Rush out of retirement.

Still better than that shite the fans have been subjected to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Liverpool already own Origi, you do know that?

Really!! I obviously had no idea of that. Nice condescension. :rolleyes:

Kind of makes paying another £6m to bring him in all the dumber right? Leave him over there on loan rather then wasting money to walk him into this cluster****. Either bring in something real or give Borini a few games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Dayum

I see Rodgers is looking for Titus Bramble.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Paying 6 million for a player we already own would be a particularly liverpool thing to do with regards to transfers/buisness. Anyways, the lad has scored only a few goals for lille and a couple were penalties so i dont exactly see how he will turn our fortunes around. Now take that 6 million we are willing to pay, add another 10-15 million and buy lacazette off lyon, a player who is, y'know, scoring 3-4 times as many goals as origi in ligue 1?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I'm actually feeling somewhat positive again after my low ebb pre and post United. I mean i'm still 'concerned' but there's some light there again.

I mean, we really do have a good squad of exciting players right now with the likes of Moreno, Lallana, Can, Coutinho, Sterling and Markovic.

It has been frustrating with Rodgers this season. I mean, at times there have been various problems and the biggest concern has been that there did seem obvious solutions to these problems which Rodgers refused to implement. Eventually though, he does seem to react, but only at the point where fans are almost all united in crying out the obvious in a grand crescendo.

The obvious were; 'drop Lovren'(!), 'stop playing Gerrard as controller (did stop for 2 games anyway)' and 'play Lucas'! More recently we've been crying out for some of the forgotten sons to be brought back in - Borini, Sakho - and this call seems to have been heard now also. I think Can was stripped aswell? The point is that, though it has been frustrating, Rodgers may not be for the heap yet.

I am concerned at his seemingly spiteful and hard nature towards his players - Reina, Agger, Sakho, Borini - but then i suppose the best managers have had that stubborn nature (Ferguson, Mick McCarthy :pac: ) and that comes with some sort of authority.

I do think that the current team can be turned back into a legimate title challenging team but it really will require at least two more top level signings.

A top striker and top goalkeeper are priority. Another DM to understudy Lucas and sub him off would be nice. I'd like Lovren sold (if even at a loss) and another CB brought in.

I would look forward to our loan players coming back - Ibe, Wisdom etc. Look forward to some long term absentees also in Flanagan and Suso.

All is not lost yet!

After Arsenal we have some very winnable games through to January and then we may have some reinforcements!

Jones though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Who does Titus Bramble play for these days?

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Really!! I obviously had no idea of that. Nice condescension. :rolleyes:

Kind of makes paying another £6m to bring him in all the dumber right? Leave him over there on loan rather then wasting money to walk him into this cluster****. Either bring in something real or give Borini a few games.

I knew you'd recognise some condensation when its aimed at you, Borini will be out the door in January I think even the densest Rodgers watcher can work that out. If Origi did come back (LFC are denying there is any move afoot as I type) obviously it would only be worth it if he is playing every week and as the club will not be buying anyone else I reckon he would.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Silly transfer season coming.

Lucas likely to leave Liverpool in January as Inter Milan hold talks over loan deal.
    The Brazilian is reportedly looking for a way out of Anfield this season after finding himself further down the pecking order than expected.

Napoli expressed an interest in Lucas' services during the summer, while the midfielder is also thought to have offers from South America.

However, according to Tuttosport, Lucas' representatives have opened talks with Inter Milan regarding a loan switch next month.

The 27-year-old's representatives have flown to Milan this week and it is hoped that a resolution can be found by the start of January

http://talksport.com/football/lucas-likely-leave-liverpool-january-inter-milan-hold-talks-over-loan-deal-141219129287?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Noooo. I'm trying to be positive ffs!

• Advertisement

Silly transfer season coming.

Lucas likely to leave Liverpool in January as Inter Milan hold talks over loan deal.

http://talksport.com/football/lucas-likely-leave-liverpool-january-inter-milan-hold-talks-over-loan-deal-141219129287?

Meanwhile Johnsons agent is apparently in Italy. http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/serie-a/esclusiva-tmw-roma-incontro-con-l-agente-di-glen-johnson-625557?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

We're gunna win the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭breghall

too many beers louie, go to bed :p

klose wrote: »
    Paying 6 million for a player we already own would be a particularly liverpool thing to do with regards to transfers/buisness. Anyways, the lad has scored only a few goals for lille and a couple were penalties so i dont exactly see how he will turn our fortunes around. Now take that 6 million we are willing to pay, add another 10-15 million and buy lacazette off lyon, a player who is, y'know, scoring 3-4 times as many goals as origi in ligue 1?

It's not going to happen. The club is not going to spend that much money. They wouldn't even risk more than 16m sterling on Balotelli - who was supposed to replace Suarez. Jesus....

I'd love to be proved wrong. I'd love to wake up one morning and see Liverpool sign a 20 - 25m striker, but we both know it won't happen.

We have a hell of a lot more chance getting Origi in than Lacazette.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Cup!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭pmy.murphy

Pity he didnt bring Glen with him on a one way ticket

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Latest transfer we've been linked with. Paulo Dybala 21 year old striker who plays for Palermo, the metro and daily star are running with the story.

I know nothing about him but i'm happy enough to be linked with players that are estimated around 30M.

I'd love to be proved wrong. I'd love to wake up one morning and see Liverpool sign a 20 - 25m striker, but we both know it won't happen.

We have a hell of a lot more chance getting Origi in than Lacazette.

Lovren & lallana were bought for that kind of money, if borini goes for 8 to 10 m and they reinvest Johnson's wages in a striker deal I wouldn't be at all surprised on a striker coming in for £20+ m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Its getting to the stage now where papers are spinning a wheel with players names and linking them to Liverpool.

That must be what Rodgers does too...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

Europa?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Knex. wrote: »
    Cup!
    Europa?

Damn you! I had the multi quote and everything lined up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Vicxas wrote: »
    Its getting to the stage now where papers are spinning a wheel with players names and linking them to Liverpool.

That must be what Rodgers does too...

I think they're just on the wind up. Delph? **** off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Sterling the winner of Golden Boy award.
    Liverpool forward Raheem Sterling was today announced as the latest recipient of the prestigious European Golden Boy accolade, awarded each year to the young player considered to have performed to the highest level.

The 20-year-old was still a teenager until 12 days ago yet experienced a remarkable calendar year of progress that included a Barclays Premier League title race with his club and recognition at the World Cup with his country.

3039__6273__sterling1000_54946a417ba50781031300_517X310.jpg

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/176658-sterling-the-winner-of-golden-boy-award

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Sterling will not be around next year. When Madrid come calling players do not say no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Terrible name for an award.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Ya it's a stupid name

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Another 20-30k added to his wages now for the golden boy.
    We really need to get that contract done though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

So Mig has been dropped for tomorrow again? Is BR planning to bring him back anytime soon or does he want to sell him off?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

its bad when the manager is being lambasted for spending millions bringing origi in in January... despite him and the club saying it won't happen... any excuse for some

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

ebbsy wrote: »
    Sterling will not be around next year. When Madrid come calling players do not say no.

This idea that Madrid are going to sign Sterling next summer is honestly ridiculous to me.

Look at when they signed players from the premier league. They were after having absolutely incredible seasons - Ronaldo, Bale, Suarez...

Sterling is still closer to a rough diamond then someone Real Madrid would look into.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

tok9 wrote: »
    This idea that Madrid are going to sign Sterling next summer is honestly ridiculous to me.

Look at when they signed players from the premier league. They were after having absolutely incredible seasons - Ronaldo, Bale...

Sterling is still closer to a rough diamond then someone Real Madrid would look into.

He's the Golden Boy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

brevity wrote: »
    Terrible name for an award.

Also looks like he is posing with a bauble from the Christmas tree.

What happened to Man Utds golden boy? Is he in the match day squad much? I don't watch them so don't really know what's happened to him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

Anyone got a link to the presser where the rodgers was abrupt?

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement