Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning in OP, 10/12

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

What happened to Man Utds golden boy? Is he in the match day squad much? I don't watch them so don't really know what's happened to him.

I presume you're talking about Januzaj. Van Gaal hasn't played with wingers bar a few games (which Januzaj started) and the competition is too much for him in the other positions.

Talk that he'll go out on loan in January.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

The rodgers looks sick of answering questions about the keeper etc. Also seems envious of Arsenals ability to sign Sancez etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

What happened to Man Utds golden boy? Is he in the match day squad much? I don't watch them so don't really know what's happened to him.

Who Anderson?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

He should realise answering questions about it will be his managerial duty as long as he persists with his stupid decision.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Here is the full list of Golden Boy nominees
    Premier League Calum Chambers (Arsenal), Kurt Zouma (Chelsea), John Stones (Everton), Raheem Sterling, Lazar Markovic, Divock Origi (Liverpool), Adnan Januzaj, Luke Shaw (Manchester United), Nabil Bentaleb, Eric Dier (Tottenham).

La Liga Gerard Deulofeu (Sevilla), Aymeric Laporte (Athletic Bilbao), Sandro Ramirez, Munir El Haddai (Barcelona), Saúl Ñíguez (Atlético Madrid).

Serie A Domenico Berardi (Sassuolo), Bernardeschi Franco (Fiorentina), Kingsley Coman (Juventus), Keita Baldé Diao (Lazio), Mateo Kovacic (Inter).

Bundesliga Hakan Calhanoglu (Bayer Leverkusen), Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg, Gianluca Gaudino (Bayern Munich), Matthias Ginter (Borussia Dortmund), Julian Green (Hamburg), Maximilian Meyer (Schalke).

Ligue 1 Marquinhos, Adrien Rabiot (Paris Saint-Germain), Benjamin Mendy (Marseille), Lucas Ocampos (Monaco).

Eredivisie Tonny Vilhena (Feyenoord), Jetro Willems (PSV), Arkadiusz Milik (Ajax).

Jupiler League Dennis Praet, Alexander Mitrovic (Anderlecht).

Others Oliver Torres (Porto), Bruma (Galatasaray), Gonzalez (Basel), Nikola Ninkovic (Partizan Belgrade), Luka Zahovic (Maribor).

Hot under 18 action

LFC: Confirmed #LFC U18s team to face Middlesbrough: Fulton, Lewis, Travis, Brewitt, Whelan, Rossiter, Canos, Chirivella, Ojo, Ejaria, Wilson

LFC: #LFC U18s substitutes for today's game against Middlesbrough at the Academy: Firth, Marsh, Phillips, Polgar

Ibe Starts for Derby 12.15 KO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Score 2 against Sunderland then disappeared. Laughable that he was considered better than sterling by united fans at one stage. Sterling at 19 almost won us a premier league title.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

I thought this was very funny :D

B5TIiICCcAEo7O4.jpg:large

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Madrid take players and make them better players, such as Bale and Rodrigeuz. Sterling will be no different.

And they have a manager who has some idea about buying players and using them correctly as well.

LFC: Confirmed #LFC U18s team to face Middlesbrough: Fulton, Lewis, Travis, Brewitt, Whelan, Rossiter, Canos, Chirivella, Ojo, Ejaria, Wilson

LFC: #LFC U18s substitutes for today's game against Middlesbrough at the Academy: Firth, Marsh, Phillips, Polgar

4-1 Ojo no doubt paying for his smooth criminal PR yesterday nearly had a 'mare with open goal and peno misses but scored the forth, following Canos and two from Wilson
    Ibe Starts for Derby 12.15 KO

I dipped into this one, you can see why Derby supporters are as frustrated as they are delighted with Ibe - too often he gets the ball in a dangerous area and then proceeds to overplay his hand. He needs to make the decision how to use the ball before he gets there rather than hoping some trickery will do the job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Klopp under more pressure Dortmund losing again and in the bottom 3.

• Advertisement

Forget Delph there is only one Villa player we should be after.

Cissokho?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Joe Cole?

Cissokho?
    Joe Cole?

Ron Vlaar of course a leader in defence ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

I am pretty sure we could make Vlaar look like sh1te.

I am pretty sure we could make Vlaar look like sh1te.

I don't think many defenders will want to come to Liverpool anymore because they do end up looking sh1t unless they start sorting out the defence soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Benteke, sturridge, and origi would make a nice front 3

Downing and Carroll score for West Ham :pac:

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Benteke, sturridge, and origi would make a nice front 3

They would if you could keep the first 2 fit.

Benteke was the player I meant when I said there should be only one villa player the club should go after.

Keeping him an Sturridge fit would keep the club doctors busy though.

Downing just scored again:eek: bring him back:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Downing and Carroll score for West Ham :pac:

I think Kenny was onto something...

They would if you could keep the first 2 fit.

Benteke was the player I meant when I said there should be only one villa player the club should go after.

Keeping him an Sturridge fit would keep the club doctors busy though.

It would be risky alright, would 20m prise him away from villa i wonder?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

He's a crock I know but can you tell me again what Big Andy did that made him not feasible to Rodgers? Within the context of signing an ageing Lambert and Balotelli.

shamrock55 wrote: »
    It would be risky alright, would 20m prise him away from villa i wonder?

I'd say it would but I just don't see the club going for him.

Maybe if they sell Borini. I just have a feeling Borini will go out on loan and not be sold.

He's a crock I know but can you tell me again what Big Andy did that made him not feasible to Rodgers? Within the context of signing an ageing Lambert and Balotelli.

If Carroll had stayed Sturridge would not have been signed its fair to say. Hard to imagine Suarez and Carroll ever working as a pair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

If Carroll had stayed Sturridge would not have been signed its fair to say. Hard to imagine Suarez and Carroll ever working as a pair.

I thought they worked pretty well tbf at first. Injury disrupted that. What I'm saying is that I don't understand giving Carroll the bullet because he didn't suit Rodgers' style yet signing the likes of Balotelli and Lambert who are the antithesis of his so called philosophy.

Getting rid of Carroll was an egotistical thing, simple as.

Charlie Austin got himself a hat trick today, am sure he's the next flash in the pan player we'll be linked with.

If Rodgers is to lose him job in the coming months it's not the buying and selling or even the blacklisting of players that will have cost him I believe.

It will be his lack of defensive coaching skills that will cost him in the long or short term.

I would love him to see bite the bullet and hire a defensive coach he doesn't even have to say anything other than I have added to my coaching staff.

So West Ham, Southampton, Spurs and Swansea all won today. Not good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

If Rodgers is to lose him job in the coming months it's not the buying and selling or even the blacklisting of players that will have cost him I believe.

It will be his lack of defensive coaching skills that will cost him in the long or short term.

I would love him to see bite the bullet and hire a defensive coach he doesn't even have to say anything other than I have added to my coaching staff.

While the defensive stuff is obviously huge, imo it'll be his transfers that spell the end for him.

He has spent nearly a quarter of a billion pound. Only 12m of it is a definite success, the rest is either very arguable (Coutinho) or been outright wasted (nearly everyone else). It's just incredible how poor we've been in the transfer market.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Coutinho for 8m has been a definite success.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    While the defensive stuff is obviously huge, imo it'll be his transfers that spell the end for him.

He has spent nearly a quarter of a billion pound. Only 12m of it is a definite success, the rest is either very arguable (Coutinho) or been outright wasted (nearly everyone else). It's just incredible how poor we've been in the transfer market.

If he is to lose his job it will come down to both more than likely.

The think is I don't think these players are as bad as they look and that for me is down to the coaching.

Take Lovren who has been a disaster no one can say otherwiswe but you take a player who had a strong last season with two DM's playing in front of him protecting him he looked like and was one of the best defenders in the league.

Then you buy him for crazy money and put in a team that doesn't even have one DM and gives him no protection and tell him to play the same way and you want the same results.

That is just crazy coaching.

MD1990 wrote: »

Meh. Sometimes he looks top class I agree, but he is incredibly poor more often tbh.

If he is to lose his job it will come down to both more than likely.

The think is I don't think these players are as bad as they look and that for me is down to the coaching.

Take Lovren who has been a disaster no one can say otherwiswe but you take a player who had a strong last season with two DM's playing in front of him protecting him he looked like and was one of the best defenders in the league.

Then you buy him for crazy money and put in a team that doesn't even have one DM and gives him no protection and tell him to play the same way and you want the same results.

That is just crazy coaching.

To be honest, I agree re: the players. There's no way they can be as bad as they look under Rodgers, particularly defensive players.

Is it not then incredibly worrying then that he seems to have a real knack for making players perform much worse than they're capable of?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

MD1990 wrote: »

No, definitely not. There was that six month period when we signed him that he looked really good. He has frustrated more than he has succeeded since then though. Possibly our most frustrating player in that the talent is there for all to see but so very often he just doesn't leave his mark on a game.

• Advertisement

For a club with limited funds, spending £25M for defenders is just braindead. We should be having a look at free's or older players who are available on the cheap if we're looking to pad out the defence. That way we can devote the bulk of the funds to buying the likes of Sanchez, Di Maria, Falcao, etc. As it showed last season, creative/goal scoring players are the ones that can secure a top 4 status.

To be honest, I agree re: the players. There's no way they can be as bad as they look under Rodgers, particularly defensive players.

Is it not then incredibly worrying then that he seems to have a real knack for making players perform much worse than they're capable of?

That is why I think it will be the coaching that catches him out.

People will point out Suarez and Sterling improved under Rodgers and they did but these are two world class players who would grow anyway.

Very few if any other players have improved under his coaching.

I look at the players and think alot of them would be perfect under a manager like Klopp coaching them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

People will point out Suarez and Sterling improved under Rodgers and they did but these are two world class players who would grow anyway.

I look at the players and think alot of them would be perfect under a manager like Klopp coaching them.

Obviously forgetting the man management masterstroke he pulled with Henderson.

Turtyturd wrote: »

I presume this is a joke?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

mosstin wrote: »
    No, definitely not. There was that six month period when we signed him that he looked really good. He has frustrated more than he has succeeded since then though. Possibly our most frustrating player in that the talent is there for all to see but so very often he just doesn't leave his mark on a game.

He is not being managed properly my friend.

• Advertisement

Got the best out of Suarez and Sturridge, sterling looks a gem, Henderson improved, flanagan improved.
    I think you are cutting him really short.

His defensive coaching is questionable at best but his offensive coaching is very good. He just seems to be a bit lost at the moment due to not having a competent striker fit.

Rodgers likes to build his team from the front not the back would be a fair statement.

Didn't fit the playing style and rodgers was right to sell him. If you are looking to beat rodgers with that stick it's ridiculous. No one blinked about Carroll for the last 18 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭Talisman

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Can you explain the thinking on that? From what I've seen the likes of Henry Winter have sold the story of how Rodgers transformed Henderson with a bunch of pull quotes.

The player we saw last season was the same box to box midfielder that played at Sunderland. When he arrived at Liverpool he was played on the right wing to accommodate Charlie Adam. Henderson was not and never will be a wide player, he was played out of position and suffered for it. Rodgers tried to offload him to Fulham in part exchange for Clint Dempsey. The proposed deal was idiotic - Henderson plus £5M in exchange for Dempsey. To his credit Henderson rejected the move and got to play in his natural position.

This season Henderson has played out wide on occasion and looked to be the same shell of a player as that which played in Dalglish's team.

rob316 wrote: »
    Got the best out of Suarez and Sturridge, sterling looks a gem, Henderson improved, flanagan improved.
    I think you are cutting him really short.

His defensive coaching is questionable at best but his offensive coaching is very good.He just seems to be a bit lost at the moment due to not having a competent striker fit.

Rodgers likes to build his team from the front not the back would be a fair statement.

He had one of the best attacking footballers in world football in Suarez to be fair that's not hard to coach football wise blending him with Sturridge and getting them to play together was good man mangement/coaching.

Sterling is one of the most promising young footballers around maybe he learned more from playing with and watching Suarez.

Any coach would dream of having three attacking players like that to coach with two of them now gone the rest of the team squad looks poorly coached for the standard of player that is at the club.

Henderson improved and Flannagan but not as much as people believe.

Henderson improved

Rodgers tried to sell him to Fulham for a couple of million. We have Henderson's refusal to leave to thank for him still being our player.

Rodgers tried to sell him to Fulham for a couple of million. We have Henderson's refusal to leave to thank for him still being our player.

This season again he has looked poor playing either on the right wing or left wing.

Last season when he was at his best for Liverpool he played as CM box to box midfielder.

He now looks a shadow of that player again bad team managment and coaching from the manager not getting his best players in their best postitions.

Hederson this season is regressing as a player because he is being played out of position.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

ebbsy wrote: »
    Madrid take players and make them better players, such as Bale and Rodrigeuz. Sterling will be no different.

And they have a manager who has some idea about buying players and using them correctly as well.

Raheem Sterling at LFC
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSKX-HQuxTjdrtkHg02gfRu1Q9E01SiTnhq_TMIUtTwm7X20wWC

Raheem Sterling at Madrid

terry-crews-old-spice-armpit-power.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Those who would like to see Jurgen Klopp in the Anfield hot seat should be mindful of the fact that his expensively assembled charges currently lie second from bottom of the Bundesliga. It would hardly be a progressive step to replace one mediocre manager with another.

chicorytip wrote: »
    Those who would like to see Jurgen Klopp in the Anfield hot seat should be mindful of the fact that his expensively assembled charges currently lie second from bottom of the Bundesliga. It would hardly be a progressive step to replace one mediocre manager with another.

Klopp is far from mediocre he is a proven winner.

He has had deal with all his top players being poached from him by his biggest rivial while still being there main competition for the last number of seasons.

chicorytip wrote: »

:rolleyes: (I almost ever use the rolleyes but you really reserved that)

Klopp has won two BL and a CL title he is allowed one **** up of a season. Yes he has bought badly in Immobile (a player many would have sought) and Ramos, sometimes it happens. I think BvBs biggest issue is psychological - they are not used to scrapping and fighting for a measly point never mind to escape relegation.

That said I hope Nuri Sahin is enjoying being back there ;)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement