Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning in OP, 10/12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

:rolleyes: (I almost ever use the rolleyes but you really reserved that)

Klopp has won two BL and a CL title he is allowed one **** up of a season. Yes he has bought badly in Immobile (a player many would have sought) and Ramos, sometimes it happens. I think BvBs biggest issue is psychological - they are not used to scrapping and fighting for a measly point never mind to escape relegation.

That said I hope Nuri Sahin is enjoying being back there ;)
    A Champions League Final.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Cheers for some reason I have it in my head they won it - possibly as a way of not acknowledging that Chelsea won it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Cheers for some reason I have it in my head they won it - possibly as a way of not acknowledging that Chelsea won it.

That was Bayern. ;) Dortmund then lost to Bayern the next season in the final.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Harry,you're all over the shop this evening :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Mr Alan wrote: »
    I presume this is a joke?

Yeah it was...Henderson hasn't improved that much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

'joke'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Klopp is far from mediocre he is a proven winner.

He has had deal with all his top players being poached from him by his biggest rivial while still being there main competition for the last number of seasons.

Dortmund had a similar net spend to Liverpool this summer, yet Klopp somehow seems to get a free pass while Rodgers gets slated.

Seems odd.

:rolleyes: (I almost ever use the rolleyes but you really reserved that)

Klopp has won two BL and a CL title he is allowed one **** up of a season. Yes he has bought badly in Immobile (a player many would have sought) and Ramos, sometimes it happens. I think BvBs biggest issue is psychological - they are not used to scrapping and fighting for a measly point never mind to escape relegation.

That said I hope Nuri Sahin is enjoying being back there ;)

Rodgers guided Liverpool to one of their best League finishes in years.

Should be allowed a few **** ups too one would think. Of which there have been many.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

djPSB wrote: »
    Dortmund had a similar net spend to Liverpool this summer, yet Klopp somehow seems to get a free pass while Rodgers gets slated.

Seems odd.

Seems odd I can't seem to find the list of titles Rodgers has won and other than having the best player in the league last season at the peak of his talents getting him tp 2nd in the league.

I can't see Rodgers being anything other than a midtable manager.

If fans are happy with a midtable manager buying midtable players and then so be it.

I would like a bit more than finishing midtable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Rodgers guided Liverpool to one of their best League finishes in years.

Should be allowed a few **** ups too one would think. Of which there have been many.

Rodgers has been allowed plenty of **** ups & mistakes. He's on his last life now tbh.

Seems odd I can't seem to find the list of titles Rodgers has won and other than having the best player in the league last season at the peak of his talents getting him tp 2nd in the league.

I can't see Rodgers being anything other than a midtable manager.

If fans are happy with a midtable manager buying midtable players and then so be it.

I would like a bit more than finishing midtable.

Klopp didn't have a long list of titles before joining Dortmund. Would he have been classed as a mid table manager too? In fact, Mainz were relegated while he was in charge.

On one hand you are defending Klopp as he loses his best players yet lambast Rodgers for failing to replace Suarez. Double standards indeed.

Rodgers has been allowed plenty of **** ups & mistakes. He's on his last life now tbh.

I agree. He has made mistakes and must gets things back on track sooner rather than later.

But lets apply the same standards to all. Klopp is having a terrible season at Dortmund and Mr. Benitez is hardly setting the world alight at Napoli either.

Klopp didn't have a long list of titles before joining Dortmund. Would he have been classed as a mid table manager too? In fact, Mainz were relegated while he was in charge.

On one hand you are defending Klopp as he loses his best players yet lambast Rodgers for failing to replace Suarez. Double standards indeed.

This isn't Rodgers first club or second club or even third Rodgers is now onto his 4th club as a manager and his into his 3rd season manager of Liverpool yet we are moving backwards we have for all this time been leaking goals for fun yet he won't address this glaring issue and refuses to hire a defenisve coach.

Nowhere has Rodgers shown is he learning or growning as a manager/coach.

Klopp learned from his mistakes and has shown he grow as manager/coach.

Double standards indeed.

This isn't Rodgers first club or second club or even third Rodgers is now onto his 4th club as a manager and his into his 3rd season manager of Liverpool yet we are moving backwards we have for all this time been leaking goals for fun yet he won't address this glaring issue and refuses to hire a defenisve coach.

Nowhere has Rodgers shown is he learning or growning as a manager/coach.

Klopp learned from his mistakes and has shown he grow as manager/coach.

Double standards indeed.

There are some fans who need reminding that Rodgers had Liverpool within a whisker of winning the first League title in over 20 years.

And yes Suarez helped immensely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Has Klopp hired a defensive coach?

• Advertisement

There are some fans who need reminding that Rodgers had Liverpool within a whisker of winning the first League title in over 20 years.

And yes Suarez helped immensely.

No one needs reminding of that!

So why aren't we in the title race this season after spending £120m?

Why aren't we in the top four race?

Hell aren't we even in a race for the EL spot?

Why aren't we showing tactical awareness and why haven't we stopped leaking goals?

I have said before I want stability at the club and had hoped it would be with Brendan Rodgers but he made huge mistakes as manager and has not learned from them.

Both Gerrard and Rodgers have not recoveredd from the losses at Chelsea and Crystal Palace and neither look like they ever will.

Has Klopp hired a defensive coach?

Bayern Munich poached them like they poached all his players:p

But lets apply the same standards to all. Klopp is having a terrible season at Dortmund and Mr. Benitez is hardly setting the world alight at Napoli either.

Both are significantly more proven than Rodgers & therefore are significantly more deserving of patience & faith. In the case of Benitez, he is also currently performing at a far higher level than Rodgers is, while still not at his best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Exactly what you have been peddling for the last two and a half years.

Eventually you will be right.

5live wrote: »
    Exactly what you have been peddling for the last two and a half years.

Eventually you will be right.

Huh? You're not making sense

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Would be great if some of the fans would have some patience. We have been terrible but hopefully our new signings will improve. We do still have some very promising young players. If things don't improve in the next few months then maybe look for a new manager. But Rodgers deserves time to integrate the new players.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Huh? You're not making sense

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

MD1990 wrote: »
    Would be great if some of the fans would have some patience. We have been terrible but hopefully our new signings will improve. We do still have some very promising young players. If things don't improve in the next few months then maybe look for a new manager. But Rodgers deserves time to integrate the new players.

If his idea is to integrate Brad Jones into the first team for the long term I'd prefer if he went sooner rather than later.

This is the thing

Jones
    Johnson
    Skrtel
    Gerrard
    Lucas
    Sterling
    Henderson

These 7 players will most likely start tomorrow.

All were at the club before he came and he seems not want to use the player that joined the club since he became manager unless he is forced into playing them due to injury.

This is the thing

Jones
    Johnson
    Skrtel
    Gerrard
    Lucas
    Sterling
    Henderson

All were at the club before he came and he seems not want to use the player that joined the club since he became manager unless he is forced into playing them due to injury.
    He brought through Sterling. Johnson is out until the new year he won't start.

This is the thing

Jones
    Johnson
    Skrtel
    Gerrard
    Lucas
    Sterling
    Henderson

Johnson will not start tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

He brought through Sterling. Johnson is out until the new year he won't start.

I would be happy for him to be out for the year !! I cannot stand Johnson .

Johnson will not start tomorrow.

Replace him with Enrique then if he is fit.

Replace him with Enrique then if he is fit.

It'll likely be a back 3.

Toure, Skrtel, Lovren/Sakho.

It'll likely be a back 3.

Toure, Skrtel, Lovren/Sakho.

I would hope it was

Lovren/Skrtel----Toure----Sakho.

If he goes with a back 3 having Toure in the middle telling the other 2 what to do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

He had one of the best attacking footballers in world football in Suarez to be fair that's not hard to coach football wise blending him with Sturridge and getting them to play together was good man mangement/coaching.

To be fair, Suarez only stepped it up to another level under Rodgers, something Suarez had not achieved before nor has replicated with Barca yet. He deserves the credit for getting the best out of him, cause no other manager has done that to date.

Benzino wrote: »
    To be fair, Suarez only stepped it up to another level under Rodgers, something Suarez had not achieved before nor has replicated with Barca yet. He deserves the credit for getting the best out of him, cause no other manager has done that to date.

Suarez also acknowledged how much Rodgers helped his game in his book.

And if you read back I did give him credit for the work he did with Suarez and Sturridge and getting that partnership to work.

Edit: But without those two in the team this season and after spending £120m to replace 1 of them where is his good work this season?

Where is the improvemnet in the defence.

And if you read back I did give him credit for the work he did with Suarez and Sturridge and getting that partnership to work.

Apologies, I should have clarified my comment, it wasn't really directed at you, but more so the people who dismiss Rodgers influence on Suarez just because Suarez is world class.

People praise Rafa for getting the best out of Gerrard, but yet with Rodgers it seems lately that people dismiss his role in getting the best out of Suarez just cause Suarez is world class.

This is the most likely team acc. to James Pearce

B5VHquXIUAE7iYZ.jpg

So thats 5 Rodgers signings plus Sterling who he bought through.

OK Agent it's fair to say you've made your point at this stage, you think BR is a bumbling idiot, you'd have him fired tomorrow, you'd love Klopp to take over, it seems like you're banging the same drum relentlessly though, be nice if you weren't bashing our manager day in day out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

The greatest trick Suarez ever pulled was convincing the world that Rodgers was a world class manager.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

This is the most likely team acc. to James Pearce

B5VHquXIUAE7iYZ.jpg

So thats 5 Rodgers signings plus Sterling who he bought through.

Was Hendo not played there before on the wing and was ****e?

Edit: But without those two in the team this season and after spending £120m to replace 1 of them where is his good work this season?

Where is the improvemnet in the defence.

He has disappointed this season. The lost of the aforementioned player's have had a big impact. Our transfers were poor, but I am beginning to think this is the consequences of been a midtable table club for so long :( We just can't attract the very best talent unless nobody else is interested.

• Advertisement

What about our signings from last year? Are we still hoping & waiting for them to improve? :rolleyes:

I know Klopp is a great manager, but would FSG sack a manager who has us in midtable for a manager who has a better team in the relegation zone? I'm not sure.

And just to clarify, I think Klopp is a great manager and a definite improvement over Rodgers.

OK Agent it's fair to say you've made your point at this stage, you think BR is a bumbling idiot, you'd have him fired tomorrow, you'd love Klopp to take over, it seems like you're banging the same drum relentlessly though, be nice if you weren't bashing our manager day in day out.

I have never insulted him in that manner! I have called him one of the most highly regarded young managers in the world plenty of times.

Being critical of the manager who to me and others has shown now sign of progressing the team and squad is bashing in you mind in mine it isn't.

I have have said he deserves to the end of the season but he each passing game with no sign vast improvement is not doing his cause any good.

I know Klopp is a great manager, but would FSG sack a manager who has us in midtable for a manager who has a better team in the relegation zone? I'm not sure.

And just to clarify, I think Klopp is a great manager and a definite improvement over Rodgers.

As I said Klopp would be my first choice but I think if FSG were to replace Rodger it will be at the end of the season and they would go for Frank de Boer and his staff.

I have never insulted him in that manner! I have called him one of the most highly regarded young managers in the world plenty of times.

Being critical of the manager who to me and others has shown now sign of progressing the team and squad is bashing in you mind in mine it isn't.

I have have said he deserves to the end of the season but he each passing game with no sign vast improvement is not doing his cause any good.

You called him a "mid-table" manager only an hour ago!!!

You called him a "mid-table" manager only an hour ago!!!

Bumbling idiots don't become managers of preimer league teams.

Where are we now and other than last season where has the club been for the last 5 years.

We are a midtable club.

• Advertisement

I disagree.

I disagree.

You are entitled to just as I am entitled to have my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

'disagree'

Fans turning on the manager when the team is going through a bad spell.

Plastic fans have multiplied in numbers the past few weeks.

You are entitled to just as I am entitled to have my opinion.

Look back over your posts in the last couple of days, you might notice a theme.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement