Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning in OP, 10/12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

ebbsy wrote: »
    West Ham 31 pts GD +10
    Liverpool 21 pts GD -3

How much did we spend again ?
    mada999 wrote: »
    the difference is a striker mate... :(

Yeah. That's the difference.

If only Liverpool had West Ham's forwards who scored on Satuday. Caroll and Downing I think their names are.

Anybody know anything about them? Might be worth a bid in January.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

A win today would be nice, another one that makes half their fans disappear out of the soccer forum again would be a nice bonus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Well that's a blatant lie?! :confused:
    Its not. He played 17 1 sub appearance & had an average 7.05 rating which is very good.
    http://www.whoscored.com/Players/29575/History/Mamadou-Sakho

Of course you can't go completly by stats but he is not as bad as you are making out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

mada999 wrote: »
    where is kess ???

China

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Sakho is a great passer of the ball......

All joking aside he hasn't got a good run in the team, I would like to see more of him before I'd judge. Seeing that he is fit now should be the time we'll see more of him, thats if he was a BR signing and not a committee signing or whatever nonsense reasons are doing the rounds for BR not picking players he signed.

He's been ok anytime I've seen him. Need to see more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Lucas cost £5m & moved from Brazil as a young back up player.

Henderson showed plenty more in his first 18 months than Sakho has.

Henderson was pretty crap throughout his first season. Looked like a lad that didn't want the responsibility of being on the ball.

Most annoying thing re Sakho for me is he seems like a good player, but as you say bad signing.
    A case could be made that it wouldn't matter what defenders were signed. They'd look poor for Liverpool which is a very poor reflection on the manager.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Kolo and Sakho should be the first choice paring for the rest of the season, except we're now three at the back so I suppose Skrtel is the third leg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

If Rodgers is the man to lead us forward he is going to have to sort out the defence, we conceded 50 goals last year, the only "big" team to concede a similar number was spurs on 51 and they recieved a few hammerings.
    We are on course to concede more goals this season I believe, we scored a ridiculous amount last season and we won't score similar numbers probably ever again in the league. There in lies my problem with Rodgers at the moment, I can accept we are nowhere near as good going forward but surely look to seal up the defence some what? He seems to have not much interest in doing that and if he is he's going an awful job of it. If he doesn't start shoring up the defence there's not much reason to persist with him as we will get nowhere conceding around 50 goals a season in the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

China

Craggy Island

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,614 ✭✭✭Damien360

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Christ, the arsenal match thread is the worst yet, ive never read such ****e, are arsenal the new scum or what!!

The match threads should be restricted to day before opening to cut that crap. Mud slinging from each side when the bigger supported teams are playing is getting very personal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Christ, the arsenal match thread is the worst yet, ive never read such ****e, are arsenal the new scum or what!!

The new scum. Classy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

I wonder if sterling will play up top on his own today?, i would like to see that with maybe coutinho, lallana, and markovic behind him, thats not a bad attack tbf, its who plays behind them id be worried about:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

are arsenal the new scum or what!!

Congratulations, you lead with such a brightly shining light.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

I've a feeling we could do the Gunners today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

It takes 2 to tango!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Look back over your posts in the last couple of days, you might notice a theme.

Team does ****; manager gets criticised. Strap yourself in baby - this might get worse before it gets better (or is resolved). You can't control or prevent rightful criticism.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Super-Rush wrote: »
    I've a feeling we could do the Gunners today.

Unfortunately we could be just as likely to do a gunners.

greendom wrote: »
    It takes 2 to tango!

Oh i agree, i wasnt calling arsenal scum btw, what i ment was have arsenal taken over from utd as a rival the way fans are constantly sniping at eachother

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

The sniping is tiresome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

A draw today against Arsenal would be a decent result. I have a feeling we will get destroyed with their counter attack.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

A draw today against Arsenal would be a decent result. I have a feeling we will get destroyed with their counter attack.

A draw would be a good outcome. Fixtures after that are a lot more forgiving.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭DaveSuarez

Has the team not been leaked this week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I think win is on the cards today and we could really do with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

DaveSuarez wrote: »
    Has the team not been leaked this week?

Just saw this now...

B5YTzyuCUAE4vsk.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

I'd rather Tom Jones in goal than Brad.

Gits_bone wrote: »

It's not unusual...most would.

Sorry.

Sorry.

Haha brilliant! :pac:

Whats new pussycat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Damien360 wrote: »
    The match threads should be restricted to day before opening to cut that crap. Mud slinging from each side when the bigger supported teams are playing is getting very personal.

Those that want to do this will just go into each others super threads. The match thread funnels the bile and oneupmanship into one streamlined turd. Closing them and the lord of chaos will rule.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Those that want to do this will just go into each others super threads. The match thread funnels the bile and oneupmanship into one streamlined turd. Closing them and the lord of chaos will rule.

The standard of posting in this thread even has dropped dramatically.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

Sorry.
    Charlie19 wrote: »
    Whats new pussycat.

Woah, woah, woah, that's a bit harsh.

Since when?

Good attacking team if that line up is true but arsenal could really exploit down markovic wing as i cant see him doing a whole lot of tracking back

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

Migs was probably tapping BR's GF along with Borini.

It's the only Logical Explanation.

Because any other would mean, BR has Lost his Mind.

There's no Doubting that Migs has his Flaws. But for all of that, he is still 10x the Player, Jones is.

Dunno...there's a nice mixture of people that take everything very seriously and people that don't. I enjoy reading both.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

On the Jones thing, it does seem like the type of experiment you undertake when you have nothing to lose.

The drop in quality between first choice and second choice is such that even a Mingolet completely lacking in confidence trumps Jones every time.

I dont want to be too 20//20 on the hindsight but considering the sheer numbers we signed in the summer, it is surprising we didn't upgrade our second choice keeper (nevermind our first choice).

Expecting an excellent game of technical football. Delighted it is at Anfield rather than the Emirates given our current form, gives me confidence the score will be tight.

There's no Doubting that Migs has his Flaws. But for all of that, he is still 10x the Player, Jones is.

I'm no fan of Mignolet but this Jones experiment has to end. Now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Your unusual use of capitalisation disturbs me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Since when?

Since a few of the better posters cleared off. OPR, Kess and Jayob10 to name only a few. There are a few more whose posts always made excellent reading.

Since a few of the better posters cleared off. OPR, Kess and Jayob10 to name only a few. There are a few more whose posts always made excellent reading.

Perhaps you only find them posts good because you agree with them?

• Advertisement

Kolo and Sakho should be the first choice paring for the rest of the season, except we're now three at the back so I suppose Skrtel is the third leg.

I'm dreading the African cup thing, hoping sakho rises to the opportunity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Are you on the gargle?

Holsten Pils !

Great news from St. James Park.

Niall quinn will not be commentating today at Anfield.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Team does ****; manager gets criticised. Strap yourself in baby - this might get worse before it gets better (or is resolved). You can't control or prevent rightful criticism.

Nice to see you're still alive, I wasn't sure if you'd recover from the KO punch that the gooner landed on you yesterday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Coates doing quite well in the Tyne/Wear derby.

Augeo wrote: »
    I'm dreading the African cup thing, hoping sakho rises to the opportunity

Ah yes, that time of year when we all wish Lovren was Congolese.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    If they're still ahead of us at the end of the season then post this. They're on a good run we're on a bad one. If you think they're a better team or big sam is a better manager you're insane.

They have more guts and better players than us.

ebbsy wrote: »
    They have more guts and better players than us.

:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Nice to see you're still alive, I wasn't sure if you'd recover from the KO punch that the gooner landed on you yesterday!

Oh the post retorting to competitiveness with 'we have a stadium and signed a couple of players'. Yeah, cut me to the bone that.

just looking at the sky app on iPhone to record the match and they have a picture of Skrtel.
    He's grappling! :pac:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement