Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning in OP, 10/12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

ManOnFire wrote: »
    did Borini have a bit of a rant at the bench on the way off? couldn't blame him if he did, freeze a player out for ages that's what youll get

He left himself and the team down. I have no more time for him really. If he did have a rant then he's an idiot.

He's a professional. He was brought on. We needed a goal. His job is to score goals. Him getting sent off was absolutely the worst thing he could have done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

I still can't believe Sakho's movement for Giroud's goal, instead of coming across to block the space at the near post he actually took a couple of steps towards the back post!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

I'd say Borini didn't even bother changing. Probably ran to his car still in his gear and drove home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

I do like how Bellamy calls Liverpool "we"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Borini should have left when he knew he was surpluss to requirements. Instead he stupidly thought he could make it for Liverpool and change everyone's minds, of course he didn't because he doesn't have the talent. So Rodgers is then left with a player who didnt leave when asked and who still isnt good enough for the team, if I was Rodgers i'd be pissed off with him too.

I just get the impression that Borini is a little mental or a little dim. In saying that i still think he should be on the bench considering our current predicament with Strikers.

I got some stick for posting this, turns out i was right. A pure dunce.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Some of us just aren't that fussed about an egotistical degenerate with a portrait of himself hanging in his sitting room. He's alright so long as we win matches. When we're wasting bundles on useless players; languishing in mid table; and getting ****ed out of the group stages in Europe who gives a **** you know?

A year ago - Rodgers is a clown, shouldn't be Liverpool manager
    6 months ago - Rodgers is the right man for Liverpool
    present day - I've changed my mind again.

Lucky Lloyd.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

rob316 wrote: »
    Yes blame rodgers for borini been an idiot. What an absolutely ****ing stupid post.

:confused:

I said he was wrongly frozen out of the team. Never said he was right to let the team down. I just could see it happening.

Also Borini is gone now, won't play again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭jasonb

pmy.murphy wrote: »
    Whats with the signing off at the end of the posts? Your not Vincent Van Gogh

Clearly, or I'd be signing 'Vincent' and not 'J.'

It's just a habit, sorry if it bothers you so much that you felt the need to comment on it...

J.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Goal aside I really wish Martin Skrtel would get the hell out of Liverpool.

The guy is a travesty.

As for Jones in goal, what the hell is that about :confused:

Did i miss something??? :confused:

Coutinhio seems to have found his mojo. Also, Lallana played well, very tidy footballer.

Markovik seems to be growing game by game too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

well im gonna give the manager some credit ,we were playing crap for weeks, he switched things up and now were a threat again,individual errors cannot be accounted for ..the team is performing again,we all know we are weak at the back and are missing a striker ... BUT were improving regardless ..the same players who are there now ,making errors ,will be there if we sack the manager now. pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Thought you guys played well today deserved the draw and maybe more.

Until next time.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

The worst thing 'The Rodgers' did today was end up with Sterling playing at the back after he messed up the whole formation because he refused to take Gerrard off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

Some of us just aren't that fussed about an egotistical degenerate with a portrait of himself hanging in his sitting room. He's alright so long as we win matches. When we're wasting bundles on useless players; languishing in mid table; and getting ****ed out of the group stages in Europe who gives a **** you know?

Degenerate? Wtf?

Rafa was guilty of all those things in his final season and many, probably you included, were outraged at his sacking. You clearly have an agenda against rodgers, the double standards are ridiculous and calling him a degenerate is just downright bizarre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

I'd say Borini didn't even bother changing. Probably ran to his car still in his gear and drove home.

#movement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭pmy.murphy

jasonb wrote: »
    Clearly, or I'd be signing 'Vincent' and not 'J.'

It's just a habit, sorry if it bothers you so much that you felt the need to comment on it...

J.

A pointless habit at that

Mr Alan wrote: »
    The team did not play well.

We played much better going forward, but our defensive play is still so incredibly bad.

It's no exaggeration to say that I think we have the worst defence/goalie in the league.

Its not up for debate with me Alan. I'm not discussing this with you after this point so dont quote me because I won't reply. A lot of us are pissed off about our form but if you cant recognise we played very good first half and good in the second then you either dont understand football at a basic level or choose to be OTT negative in your analysis.

Defensively we were fine but 2 mistakes cost us and I agree we have the worst GK in the EPL as a starter and some serious issues in defence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Lucky Lloyd.

Well look who it is!

Question, you always maintained the improvement of Rodgers' team was always clear & you'd continue to support him as long as it was clear we were going in the right direction.....

You've been very quiet this season....surely the above should mean you're done with Rodgers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Vicxas wrote: »
    So.... The big question after that display is Rodgers job still in trouble?

No. The played well. Skrtel was very bad for both goals and will be gone next season.

Borini, Ballotelli, Johnson, Allen should be gone.

Cnn plays CB for Germany under 21 team. I wouldn't mind seen him in a back three. He has good feet. Sakho played well today other than the goal
    Toure gave his all but time is not on his side
    Flanagan can't come back soon enough
    Widsom to come back from loan.
    Markovic is a very very very good player.
    Coutinho is too wasteful & he should be doing shooting lesson with Gerard after every training session.

Is skrtel the problem in the back line all the time? plenty of stats to back it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Lucky Lloyd.

Good to have you back man! :)

• Advertisement

NukaCola wrote: »
    He left himself and the team down. I have no more time for him really. If he did have a rant then he's an idiot.

He's a professional. He was brought on. We needed a goal. His job is to score goals. Him getting sent off was absolutely the worst thing he could have done.

Borini has been treated terribly by Rodgers. Borini signed a contract with Liverpool for X amount of years. Rodgers wanted to make a point to Borini by not even putting him in squads, instead he'd rather play no striker.

Fair enough Borini might not be good enough for Liverpool, but he was definitely deserving of playing games with the players in the team now. Rodgers is contributing to the plateauing of Borinis career so you can understand his frustration.

Borini showed he offers something, could have scored with the header. What did Lambert do? What has Balotelli done?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

kfallon wrote: »
    I still can't believe Sakho's movement for Giroud's goal, instead of coming across to block the space at the near post he actually took a couple of steps towards the back post!

He was playing left-most of the 3 CBs, was probably conscious of defending his side i.e. the far post in this case.

NukaCola wrote: »
    Its not up for debate with me Alan. I'm not discussing this with you after this point so dont quote me because I won't reply. A lot of us are pissed off about our form but if you cant recognise we played very good first half and good in the second then you either dont understand football at a basic level or choose to be OTT negative in your analysis.

Defensively we were fine but 2 mistakes cost us and I agree we have the worst GK in the EPL as a starter and some serious issues in defence.

We played much more fluidly but our final ball was poor & defensively we were poor.

Overall it was not a good performance.

There was positive aspects, but overall the performance was not good. It can't be classed as good when we were so bad at the back imo.

Gits_bone wrote: »
    Borini has been treated terribly by Rodgers. Borini signed a contract with Liverpool for X amount of years. Rodgers wanted to make a point to Borini by not even putting him in squads, instead he'd rather play no striker.

Fair enough Borini might not be good enough for Liverpool, but he was definitely deserving of playing games with the players in the team now. Rodgers is contributing to the plateauing of Borinis career so you can understand his frustration.

Borini showed he offers something, could have scored with the header. What did Lambert do? What has Balotelli done?

Hi Gits bone :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Some of us just aren't that fussed about an egotistical degenerate with a portrait of himself hanging in his sitting room. He's alright so long as we win matches.

Jesus... agenda much?

kfallon wrote: »

He was the LCB. Skrtel and Toure were looking at the cross, both were closer to deal with Giroud and both just looked at him.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Hi Gits bone :cool:

Hi rarne1 :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

I have absolutely no confidence that we will get anywhere near fourth.

Rodgers still doesn't know how to organise the defense and won't sub Gerrard when he is having a mare. He is not learning from his mistakes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Bellamy is the most hilariously biased pundit I've ever seen on Sky Sports. It's like they took a Liverpool fan in off the street and put a ****e suit on him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

The system that's been used for the past few games definitely looks promising anyway, I look forward to hopefully seeing something like this in a few weeks time.

VoRROSB.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

Bowlardo wrote: »
    No. The played well. Skrtel was very bad for both goals and will be gone next season.

Borini, Ballotelli, Johnson, Allen should be gone.

Cnn plays CB for Germany under 21 team. I wouldn't mind seen him in a back three. He has good feet. Sakho played well today other than the goal
    Toure gave his all but time is not on his side
    Flanagan can't come back soon enough
    Widsom to come back from loan.
    Markovic is a very very very good player.
    Coutinho is too wasteful & he should be doing shooting lesson with Gerard after every training session.

Is skrtel the problem in the back line all the time? plenty of stats to back it up.

1) Would like to see this too

2) Have seen a good bit of Wisdom at WB this year, he will not improve Liverpool.

3) Yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

A lot of positives today - Coutinho/Markovic/Lallana esp, and Lucas deserves a mention, playing well.
    We played Arsenal off the park, anyone cant see that is deluded.

Gerrard all over the shop again.

Hendo been tripe most of the season yet walks into the team every week too.

Anyway, my roast chicken is done :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

If you offered me that before the game I would have taken it. The only thing that frustrated me was that so often when we hit them on a break with a good opportunity, we had no-one in the box. A ****ing chasm.

Rodgers really messed up the frontline.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

Slattsy wrote: »
    A lot of positives today - Coutinho/Markovic/Lallana esp, and Lucas deserves a mention, playing well.
    We played Arsenal off the park, anyone cant see that is deluded.

Gerrard all over the shop again.

Hendo been tripe most of the season yet walks into the team every week too.

Anyway, my roast chicken is done :)

I'll have the breast please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Well at least Rogers doesn't have the Reaper after him like Moyes did :D
    Y3jybSr.jpg

• Advertisement

Oh boo hoo, the guy is stupid plain and simple. I couldn't give two shiney sh1tes who's right or wrong between him or Rodgers. He's paid to play for the club not the manager. He acted like a complete fool and let his team mates and the fans down by being sent off.

Oh boo hoo, the guy is stupid plain and simple. I couldn't give two shiney sh1tes who's right or wrong between him or Rodgers. He's paid to play for the club not the manager. He acted like a complete fool and let his team mates and the fans down by being sent off.

Rodgers has let the team and fans down by not playing Borini.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

B5ZfdojIEAApv1L.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

I thought that was a very good performance. Lallana was excellent & really leaves it all out there. Defensively apart from the goals we look improved. Sakho did well I thought. We had no outlet on the right with Henderson being very poor as was Gerrard. Lucas also played well as did Coutinho & Sterling but they needs to improve in the final third.
    Rodgers set the team up very well as Arsenal couldn't get any sustained pressure in the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Rodgers said the pitch is awful? It bobbled a few times but I didn't see much else.

• Advertisement

What does that have to do with Borini being stupidly sent off?

You've quickly become a parody of yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Ok it's the players fault not the system when we concide goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Lol he's a nothing player, Rodgers doesn't trust him and he was proved right today.

MD1990 wrote: »
    Defensively apart from the goals we look improved

What a brilliant sentence :rolleyes:

What does that have to do with Borini being stupidly sent off?

I don't see why Borini should give a **** on the pitch when his Liverpool career was finished weeks ago by Rodgers.

Rodgers said the pitch is awful? It bobbled a few times but I didn't see much else.

Weird comment for him to make.

You've quickly become a parody of yourself.

Meaning?

I don't see why Borini should give a **** on the pitch when his Liverpool career was finished weeks ago by Rodgers.

Because he's a professional, he should act like it.

Lol he's a nothing player, Rodgers doesn't trust him and he was proved right today.

Easily offers more than Lambert. What did Lambert do today? What did Borini do? Borini had a shot on target at least in the few minutes he was on. Lambert couldn't even win a few headers from long balls.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement