Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning in OP, 10/12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Gits_bone wrote: »
    Rodgers has let the team and fans down by not playing Borini.

Borini had a half hour to make a point and show what he can do.

He showed plenty of zip and movement but also showed petulance with his ott reaction in not receiving a throw in.

I wouldn't give up on him just yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Rodgers talking himself up in the interview, 'being creative as a coach to utilise best players', **** off. Saying we were better today than the same game last year. ****ing cringeworthy stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

I don't see why Borini should give a **** on the pitch when his Liverpool career was finished weeks ago by Rodgers.

lol, good luck mate.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Borini had a half hour to make a point and show what he can do.

He showed plenty of zip and movement but also showed petulance with his ott reaction in not receiving a throw in.

I wouldn't give up on him just yet.

I'd have him. But Rodgers trying to be the big man has ended Borinis career weeks and weeks ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Not going to get too down about this result. Usually a team improves as a whole when you're without your star players and that's shown today. We should be able to grind out a few wins before Sturridge is back fit, and then we should be a feared side again. Only negatives today were defensively, but when Brendan settles on a back four, we should improve there too.

Now for pints.

lol, good luck mate.

Excellent reponse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

rob316 wrote: »
    Rodgers said the pitch is awful? It bobbled a few times but I didn't see much else.
    Mr Alan wrote: »
    Weird comment for him to make.

The commentators on my American stream said the pitch looked awful early in the first half.

Rodgers talking himself up in the interview, 'being creative as a coach to utilise best players', **** off. Saying we were better today than the same game last year. ****ing cringeworthy stuff.

I think the stuff you come out with is just as cringy if I'm honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Easily offers more than Lambert. What did Lambert do today? What did Borini do? Borini had a shot on target at least in the few minutes he was on. Lambert couldn't even win a few headers from long balls.

They are both poor and not good enough for Liverpool football club.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

They are both poor and not good enough for Liverpool football club.

They are both Rodgers signings not committee signings.

The commentators on my American stream said the pitch looked awful early in the first half.

Redknapp in studio at Anfield saying it looks decent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

What a brilliant sentence :rolleyes:
    Apart from Monreal. Arsenal had very few chances. Would be great if u had something positive to say rather than be negative or sarcastic all the time. You talk more about Rodgers & his interviews than the actual match.

He's a spoofer sure you can't believe anything he says or do you just believe what suits your agenda?

Rodgers standing on the touchline said it wasn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Turtyturd wrote: »
    The worst thing 'The Rodgers' did today was end up with Sterling playing at the back after he messed up the whole formation because he refused to take Gerrard off.

Gerrard is "the man that cannot be dropped"
    The system that's been used for the past few games definitely looks promising anyway, I look forward to hopefully seeing something like this in a few weeks time.

VoRROSB.jpg

Lovren needs keeping on the sidelines - Flanagan would be more secure I'd say.
    B5ZfdojIEAApv1L.jpg

B5ZfXBoCUAAFTyK.jpg

Anfield is in need of a new watering system, its old and not up to snuff. Presumably this will be dealt with over the summer.

• Advertisement

MD1990 wrote: »
    Apart from Monreal. Arsenal had very few chances. Would be great if u had something positive to say rather than be negative or sarcastic all the time. You talk more about Rodgers & his interviews than the actual match.

Ive said a few times that our attacking play other than the final ball was much improved & like at Utd last week we played with much more fluidity than we have for most of the season.

That's positive.

Saying that we are still so poor at the back & our final ball was poor is negative.

Overall it was a poor performance against a side we brushed aside with ease last year.

That's very balanced.

But some people have no interest in 'balance', only pretending that everything is on the up. It's not.

Rodgers standing on the touchline said it wasn't.

Very strange that it didn't seem to impact on passing on the deck today if it's so poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Some of us just aren't that fussed about an egotistical degenerate with a portrait of himself hanging in his sitting room. He's alright so long as we win matches. When we're wasting bundles on useless players; languishing in mid table; and getting ****ed out of the group stages in Europe who gives a **** you know?

Degenerate? We really are the worst fans in the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Whats the point in arguing over a post match comment? They're routine exercises for managers, they rarely say anything worth noting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Lovren needs keeping on the sidelines - Flanagan would be more secure I'd say.

Ideally I'd love to see Wisdom at RCB

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Ideally I'd love to see Wisdom at RCB

Unfortunately PL loans cannot be recalled, Wisdom and Ilori need bringing into the squad for next season - Skrtel will probably be gone, Kolo a year older.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Really like the way Liverpool are approaching things the last few games. Rodgers is up for the battle.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Ive said a few times that our attacking play other than the final ball was much improved & like at Utd last week we played with much more fluidity than we have for most of the season.

That's positive.

Saying that we are still so poor at the back & our final ball was poor is negative.

Overall it was a poor performance against a side we brushed aside with ease last year.

That's very balanced.

But some people have no interest in 'balance', only pretending that everything is on the up. It's not.

It was not a poor performance, and you know it. The fact we brushed them aside last year has no bearing on it either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Some of us just aren't that fussed about an egotistical degenerate with a portrait of himself hanging in his sitting room. He's alright so long as we win matches. When we're wasting bundles on useless players; languishing in mid table; and getting ****ed out of the group stages in Europe who gives a **** you know?

Fantastic post - you have spoken the truth my friend.

What the hell has happened to our club, now I am watching matches not expecting to win.

Benzino wrote: »
    It was not a poor performance, and you know it. The fact we brushed them aside last year has no bearing on it either.

We were **** & the back, poor final ball, but it was a good performance?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

Great performance, was delighted with the way we closed them down, the front lads worked their socks off and left everything on the pitch. The pressuring from Coutinho was finally back to where he was last season. Very happy. Would have been sick if we'd lost that game.

Been saying it a while now but you do not need to be 50million to run your backside off and show pride in the shirt.

Rodgers finally showing he can get the a better performance from his players ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

+1

At least there a few people on here not conditioned to failure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

I'm actually very upbeat after that game. Liverpool have a good little squad there if they could only learn to defend.

niallo27 wrote: »
    I'm actually very upbeat after that game. Liverpool have a good little squad there if they could only learn to defend.

and if Rodgers played the best players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,614 ✭✭✭Damien360

I saw the first half and the intensity of the performance was much improved. Hunting down players in groups of 2 where possible, not allowing arsenal relax. But, our final ball was awful and our defending was atrocious. A better try, yes but not a good overall performance. Improved over recent tripe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Just saying hi m8s

Damien360 wrote: »
    I saw the first half and the intensity of the performance was much improved. Hunting down players in groups of 2 where possible, not allowing arsenal relax. But, our final ball was awful and our defending was atrocious. A better try, yes but not a good overall performance. Improved over recent tripe.

Good to see not everyone here is a nutcase

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

All I kept thinking during that game against a woeful Arsenal was if we had a decent manager the game would have been done & dusted by HT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Liverpool were good today albeit with the usual couple of instances of poor defending that seem to be there every game. But if Liverpool played like that every game they would win a lot more than they would lose. Especially with a proper striker up front.

I have no problem knocking them when are rubbish but you have to give some credit when it's due.

By the way is it not a bit out of order to be calling the manager a degenerate? A word more usually associated with murderers and rapists.

All I kept thinking during that game against a woeful Arsenal was if we had a decent manager the game would have been done & dusted by HT.

While the rest of us kept thinking if we had a decent striker the game would have been done and dusted by HT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

B5ZTbxyIAAEoqIu.jpg

Lil' Phil, a joy to watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

'The Rodgers' has two words for ya...

They're not defensive coach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

perhaps,giving those out there who performed some credit ,maybe that was his agenda

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

At least Bren blames the pitch, Hodgson (name erased from Liverpool history) used to blame the fans :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

I'm frustrated beyond belief at our inability to defend a lead or to turn our dominance into goals . But hugely encouraged by the pressing and chances we've created in the last few games. Once we get Sturridge back we'll be winning these games. Will it be enough to get us back into CL positions. Probably not. But to deny that was not an improved performance (albeit not result) over the ****e we've been had to witness this season is comical Ali territory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

While the rest of us kept thinking if we had a decent striker the game would have been done and dusted by HT.

Who bought Lambert & Ballotelli? Who refused to start any strikers today? Who has wasted around £100 million last summer? Yup that clueless buffoon who hopefully will be gone before the January transfer window opens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,644 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

2 points dropped against an arsenal team off the pace and not at the races. No threat up front, no security at the back, 3 arsenal shots hit the target and 2 goals conceded. Arsenal set up just like United last week, sat back, knew there was no scoring power and that eventually Liverpool would cough up the chances that would allow them to score.
    It's hard to argue that The Rodgers knows where he is going based on recent weeks. He is fumbling around in the dark, hoping for the best. Witness the Borini treatment, frozen out in recent weeks (skertl preferred to him in CL game) and now is the go to man when a goal down v arsenal. Markovich (who did OK today) at LWB to Can who is a left sided player and has played there, and don't get me started on Ryan Turbidy in goals. It all points to a manager either clueless, or acting the bollix with the transfer committee to point out weaknesses in his squad. I dunno which is worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Alberto just scored for Malaga as soon as he came on. Class finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭Hoki

Well look who it is!

Question, you always maintained the improvement of Rodgers' team was always clear & you'd continue to support him as long as it was clear we were going in the right direction.....

You've been very quiet this season....surely the above should mean you're done with Rodgers?

He must have started a new job just like you last season when you were very quiet yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Hopefully Malaga will stump up the cash for him.

• Advertisement

But to deny that was not an improved performance (albeit not result) over the ****e we've been had to witness this season is comical Ali territory.

Has anyone denied it was an improved performance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Who bought Lampard & Ballotelli? Who refused to start any strikers today? Who has wasted around £100 million last summer? Yup that clueless buffoon who hopefully will be gone before the January transfer window opens.
    Lampard having a good season

Hoki wrote: »
    He must have started a new job just like you last season when you were very quiet yourself.

Clownish thing to say. I posted consistently throughout last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,660 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

and if Rodgers played the best players.

Genuine question , who else was there to play ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

Neville nailed it in his commentary imo. you don't have to play good football to score against Liverpool.

And whats worse is that the team some people are saying should start (ie lovren, manquillo, moreno, etc) aren't good enough either. He has bought badly, no doubt about that, based on what he had to spend. One or two MIGHT make it but at the minute NONE of them have imo (Lallana possible exception).

Who here can honestly say they would put a large bet on us to beat Burnley away next week at evens or worse?? I know I wouldn't and that says it all for me.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement