Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning in OP, 10/12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

cjmc wrote: »
    Genuine question , who else was there to play ?

Can should have come on at some stage but apparently his scoring from shots, running, closing down opponents, tackling, and non Hollywood style passing indicates a lack of philosophical understanding of the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,660 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Can should have come on at some stage but apparently his scoring from shots, running, closing down opponents, tackling, and non Hollywood style passing indicates a lack of philosophical understanding of the game.

Yep agree there .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

Overall we played well today, and on balance of play, deserved to beat Arsenal comfortably. Good signs that there could be a continued improvement on the horizon. Attacking wise anyway.

However, the big problems are still there. We always look like we are gonna concede and having a keeper who couldn't get his game for Shels doesn't help. After two and a half years, Rodgers still doesn't show any growth in learning how to set up a team to defend, which is inexcusable at this stage tbh.

All the good stuff that Rodgers has in his coaching locker, and there is a good amount there, are undone by his ineptitude with setting us up properly. We could go sign Hummels and Silva in January but it would make no difference to us IMO.

No matter how I feel about Rodgers, I believe he is here until at least the end of the season and I would never not back the players on the pitch even if I didnt think the manager is right for us. We have 6 very winnable games in the league coming up, 15 points plus can help change peoples opinions on Rodgers, but there is plenty of work to be done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Brad Jones was dire today. Hes not a premiership goalkeeper.

When Lambert came on he did fcuk all.

Borini will be loaned out or sold this January.

Our defence was brutal but at least Skrtel scored the 2nd goal.

We deserved the draw.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

cjmc wrote: »
    Genuine question , who else was there to play ?

I think it's obvious that Rodgers playing jones is a clear sign that he doesn't play his best team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Our next run of fixtures are a god send for Rodgers. He needs to capitalise on them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

We nearly lost, but that was one of the best performances we had this season, especially considering the opposition. Not saying everything is hunky dory, but there's a lot to be pleased about that performance. If the attack can just start stringing together a bit more consistency, we could very well go on a decent run yet.

Feeling the most optimistic I have about us since the close of last season tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Who bought Lampard & Ballotelli? Who refused to start any strikers today? Who has wasted around £100 million last summer? Yup that clueless buffoon who hopefully will be gone before the January transfer window opens.

Pellegrini bought Lampard and Balotelli was suspended. The choices today were borini and lambert with a whopping 2 league goals between them. Lambert was bought as a 3/4th choice striker not to start against arsenal.

The comittee and fsg utterly failed in the summer by only having sanchez as suarez replacement and no back up plan. Balotelli was then seen as a last resort gamble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

2 points dropped against an arsenal team off the pace and not at the races. No threat up front, no security at the back, 3 arsenal shots hit the target and 2 goals conceded. Arsenal set up just like United last week, sat back, knew there was no scoring power and that eventually Liverpool would cough up the chances that would allow them to score.
    It's hard to argue that The Rodgers knows where he is going based on recent weeks. He is fumbling around in the dark, hoping for the best. Witness the Borini treatment, frozen out in recent weeks (skertl preferred to him in CL game) and now is the go to man when a goal down v arsenal. Markovich (who did OK today) at LWB to Can who is a left sided player and has played there, and don't get me started on Ryan Turbidy in goals. It all points to a manager either clueless, or acting the bollix with the transfer committee to point out weaknesses in his squad. I dunno which is worse.

Strange, to me the last week has appeared to show us moving in a cler direction as opposed to the turgid ****e that was served up in the last two months

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Who bought Lampard & Ballotelli? Who refused to start any strikers today? Who has wasted around £100 million last summer? Yup that clueless buffoon who hopefully will be gone before the January transfer window opens.

Apart from spurs away our best 3 attacking performances have been the last 3 games all without a recognised striker starting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Apart from spurs away our best 3 attacking performances have been the last 3 games all without a recognised striker starting.

Yes and we concided 6 goals scoring 5 that really say it all to me noting has changed defensive wise at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Mr Alan wrote: »
    We were **** & the back, poor final ball, but it was a good performance?

We pretty much dominated them the entire match. Add a decent finisher to that team and we win, hands down. You are deluded if you think that was a poor performance.

Honestly, a section of our fanbase are pathetic who won't be satisfied until there is justice for the Benitez and Kenny's sackings. The treatment of Rodgers is a joke. We all mocked Utd last year for how they treated Moyes, and yet here we are doing the exact same thing, on the back of a 2nd place finish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Clownish thing to say. I posted consistently throughout last season.

That's horse****e, you know it and everybody else knows it.

You were only seen when we'd drop points. Thankfully that wasn't too often so we were spared your bile for the best part.

Your need to abuse people with a differing opinion is childish to say the least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Super-Rush wrote: »

You were only seen when we'd drop points. Thankfully that wasn't too often so we were spared your bile for the best part.

Your need to abuse people with a differing opinion is childish to say the least.

Liar.

Please stop telling lies about me.

You've been very quiet this season..........

he might be busy with work ;)

Benzino wrote: »
    We pretty much dominated them the entire match. Add a decent finisher to that team and we win, hands down. You are deluded if you think that was a poor performance.

Honestly, a section of our fanbase are pathetic who won't be satisfied until there is justice for the Benitez and Kenny's sackings. The treatment of Rodgers is a joke. We all mocked Utd last year for how they treated Moyes, and yet here we are doing the exact same thing, on the back of a 2nd place finish.

That's bollix mate. He wasn't good enough for Utd. Anyone mocking Utd about Moyes defo wasn't serious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

ebbsy wrote: »
    Fantastic post - you have spoken the truth my friend.

What the hell has happened to our club, now I am watching matches not expecting to win.

What has happened to our fanbase when the manager of our club is called a degenerate? I'm genuinely astonished at people's attitudes to Rodgers in recent weeks. You want him out? Fine, but do you really need to turn it into a personal attack? It's pathetic and those who throw this **** at the boss are the very ones who talk about the club's values. Double standards.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

That's bollix mate. He wasn't good enough for Utd. Anyone mocking Utd about Moyes defo wasn't serious.

So they were trolling then? Fair enough....

Benzino wrote: »
    So they were trolling then? Fair enough....

Not trolling, just having a laugh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Liar.

Please stop telling lies about me.

You're an embarrassment.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Calm down lads before people get banished to the Forbidden Zone.

Rodgers has tried a new formation which seems promising, folks on here claim the improved pace etc is brought about by a change that all the forum folk new about, I don't remember 3 CBs being proposed by the geniuses on here :)

There are 6 to 10 posters (2 of whom are particularly full of bile and self importance) here that have an agenda, they don't want Rodgers as manager, last year they begrudgingly kept their traps shut for a while but are now imo on a roll of complaining and are refusing to see the promise in the squad and players.

I am looking forward to the remainder of the season :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Augmerson wrote: »

Retarded.
    Deluded.
    Buffoon.
    Degenerate.

Just a selection of some of the terms used about to describe our manager.

Worst fans in the world...

5live wrote: »
    Retarded.
    Deluded.
    Buffoon.
    Degenerate.

Doesn't matter how poor we are - this type of abuse is not merited. Hodgson got it in the neck because he clearly didn't 'get' the club but for Rodgers to be getting similar vitriol is absurd.

Augmerson wrote: »

That genuinely would be a blessing in some cases.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Lacazette scored again for Lyon.
    We have to sign him!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Augeo wrote: »
    Rodgers has tried a new formation which seems promising, folks on here claim the improved pace etc is brought about by a change that all the forum folk new about, I don't remember 3 CBs being proposed by the geniuses on here :)

There are 6 to 10 posters (2 of whom are particularly full of bile and self importance) here that have an agenda, they don't want Rodgers as manager, last year they begrudgingly kept their traps shut for a while but are now imo on a roll of complaining and are refusing to see the promise in the squad and players.

And the flip side is there are a few posters who seem to think Rodgers can't be criticised in any way. One side is just as annoying as the other tbh.

We have to sign him!!!

Nah, we'll sign his younger brother instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

We have to sign him!!!

Slick finish, Bordeaux seem to be shambolic though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Retarded.
    Deluded.
    Buffoon.
    Degenerate.

You forgot million dollar teeth.

• Advertisement

Why does anyone care if Rodgers is being called names anyway??

It's not like he'll be reading the thread and have his feelings hurt,is it?

And the flip side is there are a few posters who seem to think Rodgers can't be criticised in any way. One side is just as annoying as the other tbh.

Criticism in the form of "Rodgers is gone", "when the new manager starts" etc etc is not constructive, it is agenda driven rubbish.

No. Rodgers has been referred to as a degenerate, which is just one of the lines I've seen thrown at him but I'm sure there are other equally caustic remarks. You can criticise the boss surely without resorting to inane insults.

Why does anyone care if Rodgers is being called names anyway??

It's not like he'll be reading the thread and have his feelings hurt,is it?

You're cool with him being referred to as a degenerate? You think it's OK for some pissed off internet warrior to add personal insults to their criticism of him as a manager (which is, for the most part, justified)?
    No, not for me. It's LFC. Not how we do things.

Criticism in the form of "Rodgers is gone", "when the new manager starts" etc etc is not constructive, it is agenda driven rubbish.
    mosstin wrote: »
    No. Rodgers has been referred to as a degenerate, which is just one of the lines I've seen thrown at him but I'm sure there are other equally caustic remarks. You can criticise the boss surely without resorting to inane insults.

I really don't know why ye let it bother ye so much. When I saw the "degenerate" line I nearly choked on me biscuit from laughing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭pmy.murphy

Super-Rush wrote: »

Mr Alan.... he posts when he wants!!!

I really don't know why ye let it bother ye so much. When I saw the "degenerate" line I nearly choked on me biscuit from laughing.

Right, well we're miles apart in how we see ourselves as supporters then. Fair enough.

Why is it an agenda? Because they don't agree with your POV?

pmy.murphy wrote: »
    Mr Alan.... he posts when he wants!!!

Isn't that what everyone does?

Unless they're banned,of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

How is anyone who posts on fans forum got an agenda that will affect the running of Liverpool Football Club?

Criticism or blind defence of any form on a fan forum will not affect any out come on who gets sacked or hired at Liverpool.

Agenda, Plastic fans etc is just as childish.

We are fans who see it differently and have a passion for the club to be successful but attacking one or the other for there view is not helpful.

• Advertisement

mosstin wrote: »
    Right, well we're miles apart in how we see ourselves as supporters then. Fair enough.

All I'm saying is what does it matter what anyone says on here? Doesn't affect anything.

If the personal abuse was from pitchside then that's a different matter.

EDIT:Agent Coulson put it more eloquently above.

How is anyone who posts on fans forum got an agenda that will affect the running of Liverpool Football Club?

Criticism or blind defence of any form on a fan forum will not affect any out come on who gets sacked or hired at Liverpool.

Agenda, Plastic fans etc is just as childish.

We are fans who see it differently and have a passion for the club to be successful but attacking one or the other for there view is not helpful.

I couldn't care less what people post about - I totally get why people want Rodgers out. I just don't understand for a second the need to be so savage about Rodgers.
    It's clear that this is becoming a civil war type issue - these things usually do - but it can be discussed with more dignity.

All I'm saying is what does it matter what anyone says on here? Doesn't affect anything.

I see it very differently. Anything goes on here then? That's sad - you can support the club and want Rodgers out but you can do that intelligently. Insulting the man just betrays your (not you specifically) childishness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

Clownish thing to say. I posted consistently throughout last season.

You may well have posted consistently last season but it was a consistently small amount. Your prolific posting in these threads fell of a cliff once Liverpool started getting good results under Rodgers and has recently spiked massively with this terrible run. I'm sure you will say it has to do with job/real life considerations but given your predictable agenda-driven posting history you may forgive some of us if we are a bit skeptical of that story.

Imo it does matter.

I'm not 12 anymore and I enjoy reading this thread because it has, mostly, people older than 12 who are able to construct an argument to support their opinion without name calling.

But it looks like decending into a playground free - for - all, the only part missing is insulting someone's mother.

It's not far off that atm and when it does I'm off.

Is there though?

He deserves plenty of criticism for sure.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Is there though?

He deserves plenty of criticism for sure.

Yep. There's a couple.

Yep. There's a couple.

Who are they?

I'm intrigued!

Imo it does matter.

I'm not 12 anymore and I enjoy reading this thread because it has, mostly, people older than 12 who are able to construct an argument to support their opinion without name calling.

But it looks like decending into a playground free - for - all, the only part missing is insulting someone's mother.

It's not far off that atm and when it does I'm off.

Absolutely. Rip Rodgers to sheds on his inability to organise a defence but leave it at that. There is simply no need to excoriate him personally.

• Advertisement

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Who are they?

I'm intrigued!

Not gonna name names,am I? I'd be lynched.

But just to be clear,I'm not talking about any of the lads that have posted in the last hour.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement