Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning in OP, 10/12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,614 ✭✭✭Damien360

something about andy carroll and louie suarez

It is just a nightmare. Go back to sleep

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Bib theory has Suso starting against Burnley..

Happy Christmas everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Happy Xmas,lads. Hope ye all have a great day.

• Happy Xmas lads...no hard feelings!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Bib theory has Suso starting against Burnley..

Happy Christmas everyone.

Bib theory has been inbib-ing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Happy Xmas lads...no hard feelings!

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Happy Xmas lads...no hard feelings!

Have a Merry Christmas too Mick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

hi, Happy and a Merry (is this an american thing, the Merry bit ) Christmas!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Merry Christianpoulson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Happy Christmas ****ers. I love you all like the illegitimate family I never had. Only happy times ahead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Grayditch wrote: »
    Merry Christianpoulson.

To most, but a lump of Joe Cole to a few :p

Funny that there's a rumour of Rodgers starting Suso (full name Jesús Joaquín Fernández Sáenz de la Torre) the day after Christmas - really pulling out all the stops for a christmas miracle!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Happy Christmas to all of ye mad twats. Hopefully the next half of the season is better than the last we had to endure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Today... is Christmas. There will be a magic show at zero-nine-thirty. Chaplain Charlie will tell you about how the free world will conquer Communism with the aid of God and a few Marines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭chicorytip

If Ballotelli does not "suit" Liverpool's style of play - as stated yesterday by the manager - surely this conclusion could have been arrived at before the decision was made to shell out 16 mill. for his " services".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

chicorytip wrote: »
    If Ballotelli does not "suit" Liverpool's style of play - as stated yesterday by the manager - surely this conclusion could have been arrived at before the decision was made to shell out 16 mill. for his " services".

Indeed. Hindsight is great and most of us felt Mario was worth a risk but these comments from BR make him look stupid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,657 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Did BR come out with that !
    It seems theres a definite power struggle over tranfers and players between the manager and god knows who.
    Managers rarely win these though !
    Anyway happy xmas and all xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

Yup. If the scouting network hadn't copped that before buying you'd have to wonder. Not that scouting reports were needed, common sense would have solved that one.

Likewise the recent rumour regarding Can's mimimal game time. Supposedly a poor and lazy attitude in training. He hardly brought this to Liverpool so surely this kind of thing would have been examined before buying. Thats of course if the rumour us anyway true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

What's this got to do with Christmas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

And Sappy Christmas.

• Advertisement

Enjoy Christmas lads and forget about Ballotelli and other overpaid wasters for today!

Have a good one!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Happy Christmas everyone

Santa came last night so the little one is playing with Angry Birds and Lego, the misses has gone back to bed for a nap, the girlfriend is sending me sexy messages (sadly not a LFC fan), and I in the middle of it all - online having a beer and hoping Santa will bring up a decent striker in January :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

the misses has gone back to bed for a nap, the girlfriend is sending me sexy messages (sadly not a LFC fan)

If you have a misses and a girlfriend, your Christmas already came early....

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭ssshhh123

Anyone ever get oackage with midland travel to a game? Wondering where they have the seats. Happy Christmas everyone

Kirby wrote: »
    If you have a misses and a girlfriend, your Christmas already came early....

As long as everyone gets on I am happy :)

Now back to next year being our year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

As long as everyone gets on I am happy :)

Now back to next year being our year!

...I want to hear more...

• Advertisement

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    ...I want to hear more...

New striker for sure...defender(s) and a new goalie. More towards the experience side, not youth like usual. Costs more but with 9 points away from 4th we have to get quality players now.

Once we have those, hopefully quality players that can jump straight into the squad, then I think it is a step in the right direction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭RED L4 0TH

Remember lads, next year is our year!

I'll say that with more confidence on the 1st January!

Merry Xmas all.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

The Rodgers out.

faad69.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Happy Christmas one and all.

Spare a thought for Brendan at home today mulling over the first half of our season below.

brendan.gif?w=510

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

funny_christmas_cards_panda_bear_santa_with_wine-r2b8a4c4276904bc4b8545e0d64157db0_xvuak_8byvr_324.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Happy..... Something.

I'm just here for the likes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

I probably won't be on here much next year cos it's looking like I'm gonna slaughter all my family in a Christmas Day Massacre...be seeing ye on the news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Merry Christmas you guys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Happy Christmas pandas.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

This time tomorrow we'll all be incandescent with rage, so enjoy Christmas day lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

5starpool wrote: »
    This time tomorrow we'll all be incandescent with rage, so enjoy Christmas day lads.

filing_images_430filing01.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

5starpool wrote: »

I am going for a win. We are starting to play well and feel it will get better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Happy Christmas pandas.

Humbug

stone-cold-stuns-santa-o.gif

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

I am going for a win. We are starting to play well and feel it will get better

You just know Markovich and Lallana will start on the bench!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Looks like someone didn't get what they wanted off Santy.

B5uQhwnIMAAN6fq.jpg:large

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Santa delightfully brought me a Chromecast today.

Any good soul want to send me a PM on how I can cast the Liverpool game onto my TV tomorrow? :) (legally of course ;) )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

The debate over Mignolet...

Basically Rodgers has scapegoated him for the disaster of a season so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

weregunnawintheleagueweregunnawintheleageandnowyouregunnabelieveusandnowyouregunnabelieveusandnowyouregunnabelieveusssssweregunnawintheleague

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

weregunnawintheleagueweregunnawintheleageandnowyouregunnabelieveusandnowyouregunnabelieveusandnowyouregunnabelieveusssssweregunnawintheleague

I think I'm going to cry!

Oh the good old days!!

J Mysterio wrote: »
    The debate over Mignolet...

Basically Rodgers has scapegoated him for the disaster of a season so far.

Not at all, not enough goals scored is the issue.
    Mig' has been poor though, very poor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

I hadn't seen this article previously, but Steve Nicol talks sense: Steve Nicol: Three keys that could lock up Liverpool at the back (The Express)
    "If you get three things right - composure under pressure, your starting position as a defender and making the right decisions - then everything becomes easier.

"Starting position is huge because if you are in position properly then you make less work for yourself. It can be tackled on the training pitch."

The article is from before the Arsenal game but the goals conceded stats are appalling when compared to previous managers.
    As Liverpool prepare to collide with Arsenal tomorrow, it is worth noting that Rodgers' sides have conceded more goals per game on average than any Anfield team over the last 20 years.

In all competitions, Roy Evans conceded 0.96 goals per game, Gerard Houllier 0.97, Rafa Benitez 0.86, Roy Hodgson 1.06, Kenny Dalglish (second spell) 0.99 and Rodgers 1.26.
    Now would be a great time for Rodgers to start putting that right, with six games before we face Chelsea in the League Cup. Each of the games is winnable but equally important is the fact that it would breathe confidence into the defence if we managed a few clean sheets before such a major test.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Talisman wrote: »
    I hadn't seen this article previously, but Steve Nicol talks sense: Steve Nicol: Three keys that could lock up Liverpool at the back (The Express)

The article is from before the Arsenal game but the goals conceded stats are appalling when compared to previous managers.

Now would be a great time for Rodgers to start putting that right, with six games before we face Chelsea in the League Cup. Each of the games is winnable but equally important is the fact that it would breathe confidence into the defence if we managed a few clean sheets before such a major test.

Rodgers has been at Liverpool for 2.5 years now and has never really looked like sorting the defense out. If I was you, I wouldn't be holding out too much hope he'll begin to do it over the next few weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

Blatter wrote: »
    Rodgers has been at Liverpool for 2.5 years now and has never really looked like sorting the defense out. If I was you, I wouldn't be holding out too much hope he'll begin to do it over the next few weeks.
    The truth is I don't. It's a new year - as of yesterday the days are getting longer and it would be nice if Rodgers took the opportunity to turn over a new leaf. His management of the defence has been a seat of the pants production.

I don't believe he would be dismissed unless the club was in danger of relegation. Markovic's red card against FC Basel may have been a blessing in disguise for Rodgers on that front. The 3-4-2 formation deployed for the end of that game has got the team playing football again. The new 3-4-3 has the ability to create goal scoring chances but the team remains relatively toothless up front.

The fact that we need to score two goals per game in order to have a chance at achieving a result should be motivation enough for the man to put some focus on the defensive setup.

Rodgers hopes that Sturridge returning in the new year will be a catalyst for the team to start outscoring the opposition again. Lessons need to be learned - we know that approach does not always work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

marno21 wrote: »
    Santa delightfully brought me a Chromecast today.

Any good soul want to send me a PM on how I can cast the Liverpool game onto my TV tomorrow? :) (legally of course ;) )

Just download the cast extention to chrome, when you're watching your filthy illegal stream just click on the cast button and it will be on TV. Then go full screen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

both barca and madrids defence is very suspect, does not stop the midfield and attack winning them titles .. we were the same last year .. we just have not fit good strikers

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement