Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning in OP, 10/12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

'Cheeky' bid in January should bring him 'home'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Come on every one knows Rodgers is full of hiperbole when it comes to talking about football.

Does anyone really take anything he say in press interviews seriously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Turtyturd wrote: »

Nah lets all just become massive Barca fans and hate everything Real Madrid does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Flanagan is a dying breed of footballer that wears the black boots and loves a crunching tackle.

Love this, we have definitely lacked his aggression this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Nah lets all just become massive Barca fans and hate everything Real Madrid does.

And change our names to "SirGallagherisGod", "TurtyturdisGod", and so on.

Goal, goal, goal!

I'm on board.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

]]]

done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

When is Flanno back!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    No, the little white lines just give the boys more alertness and confidence. Going to need it at the weekend.

Have to say, disappointed Charlie19 didn't thank this.
    Knex. wrote: »
    And change our names to "SirGallagherisGod", "TurtyturdisGod", and so on.

Goal, goal, goal!

I'm on board.

Flannoisgod

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

I really don't see Flanno on the training pitch, doing a Ronaldinho. I'd be fairly certain he's aware of his limitations. That's probably one of his main strengths.
    Bet you Gary Neville secretly loves him

Similar players - limited but dogged. If he continues to progress then I'd imagine Flanno would be a fantastic guy to have in the dressing room

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Turtyturd wrote: »

We should fly a banner....

• Advertisement

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    ****ing hell. The side he picked put in a credible performance, and one that was much improved from the previous Saturday. "Magnificent" is absolutely a bull**** and wrong word to describe it however. Echoes of "famous" victories in Turkey tbh...

Not when your playing the european champions at their home ground. He said the players played magnificent. Had he said very good I dont think you could argue. Managers, especially Rodgers, do exaggerate a bit. Of all the things to get annoyed about this is not one of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Jaysus dossena has signed for leyton orient

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

klose wrote: »

I remember when he scored against Real Madrid and United in the space of a few days, and people lost their minds.

He's useless though in fairness.

klose wrote: »

tumblr_lzeobqPzXs1r18hl7o5_500.gif

I wish him well :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

Chuckle brothers out in force today I see :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Dossena was brutal, some people remember him for scoring against Madrid and Utd. I remember him being schooled by none other than Paul McShane in a 2-2 draw at home to the mighty Hull.

A truly enigmatic player, that is, it's a fcking enigma as to why he ever played for this football club.

I wish him well.

You should stick to posting about LFC and block those you do not like. Seriously.

When you post snide remarks about people you really come across very poorly. I think your a decent poster and make some very valid points but this kind of attitude really hurts the thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Origi starts for Lille ITV4 8 KO

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

To me, to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Filmon the best place to watch this, any other suggestions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

scousers.jpg

As you can see I'm not exactly the first person to comment on the matter, so not sure why you decided to pull my post up, I'll agree that it's not great reacting in a tit for tat manner but what can I say, it winds me up the sheer pettiness of stuff posted in a bid to slate our manager, it's very hard not to bite when it seems so constant, day in day out type of thing. I do try to refrain believe me.

NukaCola wrote: »
    You should stick to posting about LFC and block those you do not like. Seriously.

When you post snide remarks about people you really come across very poorly. I think your a decent poster and make some very valid points but this kind of attitude really hurts the thread.
    D'Agger wrote: »
    I see your point Alan, I particularly liked the part where you expanded on your solid introduction of repeating one word Rodgers said in a media interview, with a rolleyes

I finally feel like I get you y'know?
    gafferino wrote: »
    Yeah....thats what managers do. They talk up their players. Managers been doing that for quite some time now.
    rob316 wrote: »
    Wonderful contribution as usual :rolleyes:
    tok9 wrote: »
    "Slightly above average" doesn't quite have the same ring to it.

You need to stop believing everything you read. This is some pretty standard PR.
    It was better than the crap we had been producing before. Great, no. But everyone was expecting a hammering. Sure, that should never be a position Liverpool are in, but its reality.

How we progress from this is what matters. The Madrid game has given cause for some optimism in that the manager and the players can do just this.

You seem to be completely disregarding this in order to maintain your stance that we weren't great.
    Its a black and white world for some here, you need to look past the headlines, read between the lines and ignore manager speak
    5live wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

Just thought i wouldn't like to be left out of the whole 'roll eyes' infestation today:)
    There is a couple of posters that will jump on anything Rodgers says. Its media talk its for printing headlines, that is all, that plonk Mourinho does exactly the same thing.

Im sure what he says behind closed doors is a lot different.

Comparing his comments to Hodgson lol give over.

He's in my bad books already, the pen he missed at the weekend cost me an accumulator (4 teams), I just knew he'd miss because of the curse of my money on it.

As you can see I'm not exactly the first person to comment on the matter, so not sure why you decided to pull my post up, I'll agree that it's not great reacting in a tit for tat manner but what can I say, it winds me up the sheer pettiness of stuff posted in a bid to slate our manager, it's very hard not to bite when it seems so constant, day in day out type of thing. I do try to refrain believe me.

Maybe its just coincidence but it seems like you have given out more than others about posters. If that isn't the case I do apologise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Jaysus PD, i don't know why you included my post in that. I haven't said a thing about the manager needing to be sacked, in fact i am on record as having voted in favour of him joining, in a poll on this forum , if you wish to look for it.

If there are posters annoying you with their posting style, you are free to use the ignore function at any stage. I have done it and found it helped at times. If it includes me, thats ok too.

I agree with Nukacola, when you post on Liverpool it's normally insightful but giving out about how others post doesn't add to the thread so i have more or less stopped because of that.

Anyhoo, take care:)

5live wrote: »
    Jaysus PD, i don't know why you included my post in that. I haven't said a thing about the manager needing to be sacked, in fact i am on record as having voted in favour of him joining, in a poll on this forum , if you wish to look for it.

If there are posters annoying you with their posting style, you are free to use the ignore function at any stage. I have done it and found it helped at times. If it includes me, thats ok too.

I agree with Nukacola, when you post on Liverpool it's normally insightful but giving out about how others post doesn't add to the thread so i have more or less stopped because of that.

Anyhoo, take care:)

I like that you called me PD that's a first, wp on that.

As for the rest of your post, I just included anyones post who commented in relation to what Alan posted, just to highlight the point that I was not alone in dragging the thread 'off topic' if you will, it definitely was not anything to do with you wanting BR sacked or anything along those lines.

Edit : After re-reading my post I can see how you might have come to that conclusion, I didn't sort out the quotes that well, I was replying to what Nuka Cola posted to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

If anyone's watching Origi tonight some feedback would be appreciated. Interested to see how he handles himself over here.

mosstin wrote: »
    If anyone's watching Origi tonight some feedback would be appreciated. Interested to see how he handles himself over here.

Quiet so far 22mins in, Everton are all over them, should be winning.

I was not alone in dragging the thread 'off topic' if you will,

You misunderstand me. I wasn't pulling you up on dragging the thread off topic, just on your general posting on posters you dont agree with. I know others have done it, and it is wreaking this thread. Its unreadable, i hate to use posters as an example but as I have already quoted you here are a few other examples from a few days ago below.
    Fair play to Mr.Alan, he has done a solid 24 hr shift since yesterdays defeat, I wouldn't dare accuse him of only posting when Liverpool lose, just glad to see his thirst for posting has returned.

We're all pissed off with how we're playing and with some of BR's selections/tactics/signings, some of us are just a bit more vocal about it seemingly.
    Well spotted, now I'll move onto you, the non attention seeker who doesn't absolutely batter every tiny little in joke over and over and over again in a very sad attempt at gaining thanks. In fairness to Alan and Lloyd they provide some content in their posts even if their style isn't to my taste, you sir contribute diddly, apart from petty digs at Utd and Arsenal, cheap pops at BR and Stevie G, and pathetic attempts at humour.

Bring Louie Home, The Rodgers, Moses Gags, Aspas Corners gags, Sakho/Cissokho gags etc etc etc TIRED AND TESTED material. Though you'll have a couple of buddies that have your back and thank it, obv as long as you thank their posts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

There is a couple of posters that will jump on anything Rodgers says. Its media talk its for printing headlines, that is all, that plonk Mourinho does exactly the same thing.

Im sure what he says behind closed doors is a lot different.

Comparing his comments to Hodgson lol give over.

If Rafa was getting the criticism Rodgers has they'd be defending him.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

It's poxy how people keep pulling Alan and Lloyd up for their posts. Just block them if you don't agree, or how about ingore them? It's what I do with posters I don't wanna read, or I'll try have a laugh with them.

Regarding Alan and Lloyd, they haven't called for Rodgers to be sacked, in fact I think I'm the only one who has truly said I would replace him with Rafa tomorrow. Majority don't agree with me, and that's fine. It's my opinion!

I hope I'm wrong about how this season will pan out and will admit if I'm wrong, and I really really hope I'm wrong.

It is how a discussion forum works. If we all had the same opinion then boards.ie would be an awful place.

NukaCola wrote: »
    You misunderstand me. I wasn't pulling you up on dragging the thread off topic, just on your general posting on posters you dont agree with. I know others have done it, and it is wreaking this thread. Its unreadable, i hate to use posters as an example but as I have already quoted you here are a few other examples from a few days ago below.

Dragging the thread off topic, reacting to Alans post, same sort of thing, I said earlier that I'm guilty of biting, probably too often, that's even whilst refraining loads of times. I suppose as others have suggested to me then you could use the block function on me.

Best to get off this topic I'm sure people are wound up reading it.

K-9 wrote: »
    If Rafa was getting the criticism Rodgers has they'd be defending him.

Rafas interviews used to be terrible, every week he'd say the same thing, 'skwad' 'kwality' 'mentality', towards the end it was farcical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Lojak wrote: »
    Id have finnan right back all day!

I always felt Finnan was under rated. In the home game in the CL v Porto in 2007 Carragher was getting schooled in the first half, Finnan saved him, and us, at least 3 or 4 times in the first half. Porto could have been out of sight but for Finnan covering our CB's who couldnt handle it that night. As it happened we got to HT 1-1 and got 3 in the last 15 mins. We could easily have been out of the comp before Christmas that year instead of getting deep in the competition.

He as good as paid for himself that night.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Rafas interviews used to be terrible, every week he'd say the same thing, 'skwad' 'kwality' 'mentality', towards the end it was farcical.

As opposed to 'the group', 'outstanding', 'the boy', etc?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

All managers spout a load of pony, getting caught up with press conferences or interviews after the game is a complete waste of time.

5starpool wrote: »
    As opposed to 'the group', 'outstanding', 'the boy', etc?

I guess you could say they're similar! Or maybe all managers do a fair amount of jive talking, so no need to get in a tizzy over what's being said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Reading too much into after match interviews or interviews in general can be bad for your health.

Just decided to have a look at some classic Rafa interviews, this was a good one.

Jasus Lille play the least creative, most inert long ball 4-3-3 that I've ever seen.

• Advertisement

How did Origi play? Get any chances?

Hardly a sniff to be honest, the balls played in are just far too predictable - no point lumping in a diagonal that sails past, over or too close to a defender. That side is screaming out for a Coutinho type in behind the strikers.

Hardly a sniff to be honest, the balls played in a just far too predictable - no point lumping in a diagonal that sails past, over or too close to a defender. That side is screaming out for a Coutinho type in behind the strikers.

Step up playing Everton too in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

rarnes1 wrote: »
    How did Origi play? Get any chances?

Started on the left wing at the start anyway. Stopped watching so wasn't sure if he was moved after that.

It's hard to look that good for Lille up front. They just don't score many goals. Just 9 in 12 league games. Joint lowest in Ligue 1 even though they are mid-table.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Started on the left wing at the start anyway. Stopped watching so wasn't sure if he was moved after that.

It's hard to look that good for Lille up front. They don't score many goals. Just 9 in 12 games. Join lowest in Ligue 1 even though they are mid-table.

Hell fit in seamlessly here so!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Hell fit in seamlessly here so!

Yeah that gag was done after their last game as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Tony Hibbert played well alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Liverpool’s Brendan Rodgers expects the sack if he gets big calls wrong..
    Brendan Rodgers has said he will pay with his job for too many wrong calls as Liverpool manager but maintained his team selection at Real Madrid did not fall into that category. He also flatly denied that seven changes at the Bernabéu represented an acceptance of defeat against the reigning European champions.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/nov/06/liverpool-brendan-rodgers-changes-real-madrid?CMP=twt_gu

Classic "anti-nuance" stupid headline, all managers get the sack if they keep getting the big
    decisions wrong. I see Gerrard had a hammy scan before the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

Flanagan is a dying breed of footballer that wears the black boots and loves a crunching tackle.

Love this, we have definitely lacked his aggression this season.

why can't we play like this again?? the mind boggles... players running and creating space in midfield and offering themselves for the pass from the defence...what has gone wrong??

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement