Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning in OP, 10/12

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

cjmc wrote: »
    If he was a small fella with longish hair i dont think it was 'jones' . Paul somebody but i may be mixing it up totally

No, we did sign Paul Jones on emergency keeper loan at some point, under Houllier I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Questionable defending but that's great feet & shielding of the ball / use of body strength by Ibe!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,654 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

5starpool wrote: »
    No, we did sign Paul Jones on emergency keeper loan at some point, under Houllier I think.

I am WAY of the mark then , thinking abiut someone else now and it wrecking my head !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

The players are working miracles being shoe-horned into all sorts of positions that aren't their natural ones.

it's pitiful to watch, then listen to Rodgers wax lyrical.

cjmc wrote: »
    I am WAY of the mark then , thinking abiut someone else now and it wrecking my head !

The only smallish fella called Paul that had long hair that played for us that I can think of was Paul Walsh, but he wasn't an emergency signing by any means. I'm sure we can come up with more, but the only players called Paul I can think of that played for us were:

Stewart
    Walsh
    Ince
    Konchesky
    Jones

Some list right there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

8th match on motd:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

Charlie19 wrote: »

Its was horrendous tbh. I cant believe there was two worse games today.

Sakho was very good again today, thought he has been very good since he has come in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Charlie19 wrote: »

Do you really want to watch that again?

Do you really want to watch that again?

I know...

Im hoping it wont be as bad second time around.:)

The full program of matches today and how poor we were will result in very little show time of our game.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Ibe is Liverpools top league goal scorer I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Just watchin Forrest Gump, reminded me of these from last season
    run-hendo-run.gif?w=978&h=411

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Our scouts should be looking at Ayoze Perez over the next few months to see if he will keep up his form.
    Been very impressive for Newcastle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I miss Henderson being a CM.

He is being wasted on the right and left wings.

MD1990 wrote: »
    Our scouts should be looking at Ayoze Perez over the next few months to see if he will keep up his form.

Our scouts should be looking at players who are impressive before they come to other premier league clubs and be impressive for them, thus quadrupling the price they were bought for several months beforehand.

IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Tenner bets we sign Charlie bloody Austin.

SlickRic wrote: »
    The players are working miracles being shoe-horned into all sorts of positions that aren't their natural ones......

I think Sterling will benefit immensely from being played up front. Won't do Markovic any harm to be played out of position either.

Would like to see Gerrard benched on Monday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Tenner bets we sign Charlie bloody Austin.

Or Danny Ings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Augeo wrote: »
    I think Sterling will benefit immensely from being played up front. Won't do Markovic any harm to be played out of position either.

Would like to see Gerrard benched on Monday.

Markovic, a player who has struggled to adapt to the team/league won't be negatively affected by playing out of position?

And Gerrard won't be played that far out of position.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

MD1990 wrote: »

"How much for Perez?"

"35 million sounds like a good number....."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

My brother is called Austin. So if we sign Charlie Austin and he flops and leaves he has his name on the jersey.
    Hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

I love that Hendo gif

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Markovic, a player who has struggled to adapt to the team/league won't be negatively affected by playing out of position?.......

Yes, to clarify, I think that it will do Markovic no harm to be played out of position as a wing back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,654 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

5starpool wrote: »
    The only smallish fella called Paul that had long hair that played for us that I can think of was Paul Walsh, but he wasn't an emergency signing by any means. I'm sure we can come up with more, but the only players called Paul I can think of that played for us were:

Stewart
    Walsh
    Ince
    Konchesky
    Jones

Some list right there.

Paul Walsh was who i was thinking of .
    Memory's getting hazy :(

Both Markovic and the team will be negatively affected. It's not FIFA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Some people just refuse to think anything negative about decisions the manager is making. It's as simple as that.

We shall have to monitor things over the coming weeks to see how it pans out. Personally I have little confidence in your crystal ball :)

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Some people just refuse to think anything negative about decisions the manager is making. It's as simple as that.

The opposite applies too old boy, as you well know :D

I've mentioned above that I would like to see Gerrard benched to that's obviously a decision that Rodgers is making that I view as a negative, if you tool off the blinkers you might see these things ;) Things aren't as simple as they seem to you Alan.

We shall have to monitor things over the coming weeks to see how it pans out. Personally I have little confidence in your crystal ball :)

No need for a crystal ball of any kind, anyone who has watched the games he has played in that position can see he's not cut out for defending.

The opposite applies too old boy, as you well know :D

I've mentioned above that I would like to see Gerrard benched to that's obviously a decision that Rodgers is making that I view as a negative, if you tool off the blinkers you might see these things ;) Things aren't as simple as they seem to you Alan.

Yea you're right, playing our players out of position, particularly young players trying to adapt to a new league, that'll definitely be beneficial to both players & the team alike.

Jesus will you listen yourself man :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Resorting to that sort of tripe already?

With 3 CBs Markovic doesn't have an overwhelming amount of defensive duties when Liverpool keep the ball well as illustrated against Arsenal.
    Most were happy to see the same 11 go out today as against Arsenal. No doubt you weren't but you decided to post after the game, hindsight and all.

And games like today when they don't keep the ball?

Not every team is going to be as poor as Arsenal.

And games like today when they don't keep the ball?

Not every team is going to be as poor as Arsenal.

Pretty sure there was a clean sheet today.

That's not a very logical argument.

Yea you're right, playing our players out of position, particularly young players trying to adapt to a new league, that'll definitely be beneficial to both players & the team alike.

Do you post just to annoy all the proper fans with you bile?

You're right. All round it was just a day full of positives.

As a great man once said, you've jumped the fence baby.

It's actually beyond delusion at this stage.

Proper fans :p Lolz

That's not a very logical argument.

Well Markovic was playing wing back today, was the team hurt by it? My argument is that they kept a clean sheet and took 3 points from the game so I don't think they were.

What's your argument rather than posting rubbish like this isn't Fifa? :)

Proper fans :p Lolz

You were a rare poster last year when we were winning. Pathetic is too kind to you.

You were a rare poster last year when we were winning. Pathetic is too kind to you.

Stop lying. Some weird stalker on here already went & counted up all my posts in this thread monthly over the last 3 years & showed that I post consistently year round.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Not this ****e again!

Well Markovic was playing wing back today, was the team hurt by it? My argument is that they kept a clean sheet and took 3 points from the game so I don't think they were.

What's your argument rather than posting rubbish like this isn't Fifa? :)

I take it you think Henderson or the team haven't been impacted by him switching position either?

We were very lucky to get three points against Burnley.I noticed so many individual mistakes in the short clip on motd, very lucky that at least one didn't result in a goal.

I do agree with you on Lazor, I think he's doing a good job at lwb but saying that I would like to see Moreno given a run of games in that position because imo lwb is made for him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Anyway, Gazzetta reporting tomorrow that Balotelli has approached Inter with a view to a loan with option to buy.

This whole affair could be over real soon.

Now just to buy two strikers!

Stop lying.

Lying? The majority of posters in this thread have been pointing this out to you the last while so it's very clear its true. You are delusional!

Not this ****e again!

It's beyond strange why posters here are obsessed with my posting tbh.

I'm glad to say I think the only one he is annoying his himself at this stage, I genuinely think he'd prefer if Liverpool lost today so he could go on a full rant as opposed to a 20% one :D
    You're right. All round it was just a day full of positives.

As a great man once said, you've jumped the fence baby.

It's actually beyond delusion at this stage.

To be fair, Burnley have been decent at home, 3 points there is a good result, the performance was poor but I'd sooner take 3 points than less points with a better performance.

Because I've seen better performances the last three times Liverpool have played.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Who are the people in here who won't hear anything negative?

Anyway, Gazzetta reporting tomorrow that Balotelli has approached Inter with a view to a loan with option to buy.

This whole affair could be over real soon.

Now just to buy two strikers!

I'd be happy with just one, but that will mean nothing, If we dont get a competent goalkeeper.

• Advertisement

I take it you think Henderson or the team haven't been impacted by him switching position either?

Henderson?

Do you reckon he (Hendo) wants to play on that side?

I'd like to see Gerrard dropped and Henderson being brought into CM, I don't want to see Henderson over where Markovic is being played.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement