Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning in OP, 10/12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Augeo wrote: »
    Henderson?

Do you reckon he (Hendo) wants to play on that side?

I'd like to see Gerrard dropped and Henderson being brought into CM, I don't want to see Henderson over where Markovic is being played.

Cool story, if you could answer the question that'd be great.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    It's beyond strange why posters here are obsessed with my posting tbh.

Did you not question why someone hadn't posted in a while recently yourself? If so that would be rather hypocritical wouldn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I miss Henderson being a CM.

He is being wasted on the right and left wings.

Ya it really annoying me too. Especially since Manquillo can do just as good a job at right back.

Just seems totally unnecessary.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Cool story, if you could answer the question that'd be great.

?? I do love these internet sayings btw

Question from you..........
    Turtyturd wrote: »
    I take it you think Henderson or the team haven't been impacted by him switching position either?

I answered that I think Gerrard should be replaced in midfield by Henderson. Henderson has been playing poorly long before Markovic came in at LWB. I queried how you think Hendo has been effected by Markovic at lwb though, because someone has to play there.

Henderson?

Do you reckon he (Hendo) wants to play on that side?

I'd like to see Gerrard dropped and Henderson being brought into CM, I don't want to see Henderson over where Markovic is being played.

While you are here........

What's your argument rather than posting rubbish like this isn't Fifa? :)

It'd be great if you answered that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Today was poor; Burnley are just absolutely shíte.

Rodgers is still throwing stuff at the wall. The current stuff is sticking, ish, but there are so many players out of their comfort zones it's untrue.

For instance, Henderson is completely pointless where he is, and it's beyond stupid.

• Advertisement

For instance, Henderson is completely pointless where he is, and it's beyond stupid.

I don't want to see Lucas dropped from DM so I hope Gerrard is benched on Monday and Henderson brought into midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

Charlie19 wrote: »
    I'd be happy with just one, but that will mean nothing, If we dont get a competent goalkeeper.

It'd be nice if we could swap our Balotelli for their Handanovic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

daRobot wrote: »
    It'd be nice if we could swap our Balotelli for their Handanovic.

I wrote a post last week saying thats who I wanted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

This 5 at the back is alright and you really need winger to play as the wb. You just need central defenders that are comfortable out from the centre to cover left and right. That's why Toure is decent in it. The Agger of old would have been perfect too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Genuine lol
    Linda has more clean sheets than Mig.

B5zQCItCIAECwa-.jpg:large

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

'today's clean sheet made it fun to watch'

Her obsession with clean sheets is concerning. From a non football prospective of course.
    I think someone needs to give her another phrase to work into her footie lexicon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Anyway, Gazzetta reporting tomorrow that Balotelli has approached Inter with a view to a loan with option to buy.

How much has Balotelli offered to pay Inter?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

5starpool wrote: »
    No, we did sign Paul Jones on emergency keeper loan at some point, under Houllier I think.
    It was January 2004, Jerzy Dudek and Chris Kirkland were both injured and the third choice keeper was Patrice Luzi. Paul Jones came in and played for two games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

NukaCola wrote: »
    Getting tired of his OTT comments.
    Don't let him get you down. If you find that listening to him is turning you to drink, then you could turn it into a drinking game. The fact is that he has always provided entertainment value, his post match interviews are an untapped resource.

Liverpool players say manager Brendan Rodgers is like Office boss David Brent - September 2012 (Daily Star)
    Who Said It? Brendan Rodgers Or David Brent? - February 2013 (Huffington Post)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Good result. Two wins from the next two now would be great altogether

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

we play well loose..we play well draw..we play meh..win... move on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I answered that I think Gerrard should be replaced in midfield by Henderson. Henderson has been playing poorly long before Markovic came in at LWB. I queried how you think Hendo has been effected by Markovic at lwb though, because someone has to play there.

I think it was fairly obvious I was referring to Henderson's after Henderson was switched to RWB. :)

While you are here........

It'd be great if you answered that

I already answered that, being played at LWB has negatively impacted Markovic and the team, it's evident to anyone who has watched the games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Markovic is clearly talented at attacking and spotting a pass. He clearly has no defensive attributes. Being a WB is blunting his natural attacking game. Henderson is clearly our best CM. Playing him at RWB is a complete waste as he offers nothing on the wing both on the offence and defence.

Its ridiculous to argue otherwise. We are getting away with it, nothing more. The system isn't the problem the personnel are. I thought BR was good at finding a formation to suit our players. This isn't it.

The most important thing is winning and we are doing well with this system but its only a matter of time until a decent team will see through it. Burnley effectively nullified us in the first half by playing through the middle, a better team will look at that and beat us all day long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I'm very happy to see Coutinho play 4 games in a row he is getting more consistent over those games and his stamina is improving as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Good result. Two wins from the next two now would be great altogether

This is the easiest run we will have all season. 13/15 is what we should be getting from these as it gets much harder in February. Anything less is unacceptable IMO.

rixld3.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

Emre Can is looking a very good utility player, you could play him nearly anywhere in the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭Speak Now

This is the easiest run we will have all season. 13/15 is what we should be getting from these as it gets much harder in February. Anything less is unacceptable

Well the whole season has been unacceptable and I cant see it changing anytime soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

'today's clean sheet made it fun to watch'

Her obsession with clean sheets is concerning. From a non football prospective of course.
    I think someone needs to give her another phrase to work into her footie lexicon.

Pitty brendan wasnt half as obsessed about clean sheets as linda

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,693 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

mav79 wrote: »

Emre Can is looking a very good utility player, you could play him nearly anywhere in the team.

In goals? If Enrique could manage it, surely Can can too?

Well the whole season has been unacceptable and I cant see it changing anytime soon.

That's really depressing, isn't it?

Fans from other clubs will say that we aren't a big team anymore, we are where we deserve to be and we can't attract the big players. But that is bollix tbh.

We are Liverpool Football Club ffs, the level we are at now is unbecoming of our great club and it needs to change fast.

We were absolutely poxy yesterday but we won, and that's all I want at this moment, wins. **** the philosophy Brendan, it doesn't work. Send them out to dog out the wins.

Brendan Rodgers Dogs of War is what I want right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Fans from other clubs will say that we aren't a big team anymore, we are where we deserve to be and we can't attract the big players. But that is bollix tbh.

We are Liverpool Football Club ffs, the level we are at now is unbecoming of our great club and it needs to change fast.

Anyone who says liverpool aren't a huge club needs their head examined.
    But it could be said objectively that over the past while liverpool have fallen from a category a club to a category b.
    City Chelsea and united all have more in terms of resources and recent successes and I'd class them as category a.
    Realistically it will be a huge achievement to get ahead of those sides to get a league title. Last season was very close but I've said before that I think it was a once off, suarez is a once off player.
    It's not to say it can't be done, but it's very difficult.

bad2dabone wrote: »
    Anyone who says liverpool aren't a huge club needs their head examined.
    But it could be said objectively that over the past while liverpool have fallen from a category a club to a category b.
    City Chelsea and united all have more in terms of resources and recent successes and I'd class them as category a.
    Realistically it will be a huge achievement to get ahead of those sides to get a league title. Last season was very close but I've said before that I think it was a once off, suarez is a once off player.
    It's not to say it can't be done, but it's very difficult.

Good post and I agree on last season. However with the money spent in 2 and a bit years (£240 mil) we should be at least competing for top four and actually look like a team; neither of which Liverpool have done this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

mav79 wrote: »

Yeah looks a really exciting player, shame Rodgers seems to think his best position is on the bench though.

klose wrote: »
    Yeah looks a really exciting player, shame Rodgers seems to think his best position is on the bench though.

And he's so handsome. I think thats really important to point out.

• Advertisement

Good post and I agree on last season. However with the money spent in 2 and a bit years (£240 mil) we should be at least competing for top four and actually look like a team; neither of which Liverpool have done this season.

Can't really argue against that. The return on investment isn't great.
    But look at ozil, for 42m we expected more than just okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

And he's so handsome. I think thats really important to point out.

He loves the hair that's for sure....you can smell him a mile off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Watching Football Focus now hearing that Warnock has been dismissed - 1 win in 12 for them. Depressing that the win came against us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

If Liverpool had Sturridge fit and say had landed Sanchez I think we'd be right in the hunt for the title at this point. Which is what is sooooo frustrating - its a fairly low grade Prem season that LFC should have been competing for the big prize in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

We were absolutely poxy yesterday but we won, and that's all I want at this moment, wins. **** the philosophy Brendan, it doesn't work. Send them out to dog out the wins.

The level they are at is the level they have been at for the last 5 or 6 years with the exception of last seasons Suarez flavoured blip, I dunno how its so surprising tbh.

Ye arent a "big" team anymore. United overtook ye in the 90s, then the Gunners, then Chelsea, then City. Over the last 20 years how many genuinely world class players have chosen LFC over another big club? Torres is the only one that I can think of. Big clubs sign big players, LFC simply do not have the pulling power anymore.

Unless they are taken over by a billionaire that is happy to throw money at the club a la City or Chelsea, LFC will continue to flounder and scrap it out in the hope of getting a Champions League place.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

If Liverpool had Sturridge fit and say had landed Sanchez I think we'd be right in the hunt for the title at this point. Which is what is sooooo frustrating - its a fairly low grade Prem season that LFC should have been competing for the big prize in.
    If a utd fan said something similar you would call him deluded.

Hi you

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

But he didn't!

So what's the problem?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

No I don't think so. Utd have moved up to 3rd place on the strength of strikers and a good goalkeeper. The rest of the side is injury ravaged (and not that good really).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

No I don't think so. Utd have moved up to 3rd place on the strength of strikers and a good goalkeeper. The rest of the side is injury ravaged (and not that good really).

More to do with the fact we have a manager who knows what they are doing. Our starting 11 is pretty similar to last season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

The level they are at is the level they have been at for the last 5 or 6 years with the exception of last seasons Suarez flavoured blip, I dunno how its so surprising tbh.

9th in the league has been Liverpool's level for 5 or 6 years bar last year? Give over! The bracket immediately outside top 4 has been the level. Also look at goals scored this season, a level below anything in past 6 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SM01

Ye arent a "big" team anymore. United overtook ye in the 90s, then the Gunners, then Chelsea, then City. Over the last 20 years how many genuinely world class players have chosen LFC over another big club? Torres is the only one that I can think of. Big clubs sign big players, LFC simply do not have the pulling power anymore.

Unless they are taken over by a billionaire that is happy to throw money at the club a la City or Chelsea, LFC will continue to flounder and scrap it out in the hope of getting a Champions League place.

How many 'big' clubs are there in the world then? There are loads of parameters you can chose to define a big club. If you go by Forbes 2013 figures and arbitrarily decide on there being 10 'big' clubs in the world, then quite simply, based on those Forbes parameters, Liverpool are a 'big' club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

If you think debating what world class was ****ing stupid lets have a go at defining what a big club is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

The chances of winning a premier league title is usually directly proportional to the Class/World Class players that your team possesses. We lost our only world class player last season and our class player has been injured for the guts of the season. Making the top 4 depends on you having these guys playing - Look at Arsenal, very average side but Sanchez is making the difference to them. They struggle with no world class striker and have been more or less the exception to the rule for a decade. Incredible that they do not possess a world class player anymore. (Sanchez aside). United have Di Maria as their world class example and then Rooney/RVP as their class players and these lads play every single game more or less. Rooney is a machine for playing full 90 mins games. Then they got Falcao who they will probably not see the best form until towards the end of the season or possibly next season. Possibly the worst and i mean worst United team in midfield and defence that i've seen in 20 years. But when you have 4 players capable of getting goals from nothing then you are in with a chance.

Then then you have City/Chelsea spoiled for choice when it comes to picking up the class players due to the funds. Chelsea simply went out and picked up Cesc and Costa in the window which is just incredible when you think of it. When there are world class players available they simply buy them up ... only United can compete with them right now by spending silly money.

Liverpool have not bought a genuine world class player EVER. Instead we've bought rough diamonds or potential class players and turned them into world class. Like Suarez/Torrez. Thats the reality of the situation.

No strikers no goals, no wins. We need to put this right in January. Sturridge and another class striker would mean everything to this team.

NukaCola wrote: »
    If you think debating what world class was ****ing stupid lets have a go at defining what a big club is.

We all know the reason for that quip.

Anyway, roll on the Swansea game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Dayum

brevity wrote: »
    Anyone know anything about this Danilo player?

Haven't got a Scooby Doo....

At first I thought they were discussing Danilo (another Brazilian that should have been playing in the World Cup) of Porto....

Don't know who this Braga guy is....

No strikers no goals, no wins. We need to put this right in January. Sturridge and another class striker would mean everything to this team.

I'd be certain that if liverpool had a striker of high calibre, not even the mythical world class variety, then arsenal would have taken a pasting last weekend. However at the moment liverpool are poor in both boxes.

The thing about getting a top level striker is they cost loads, and are few and far between.
    For a club like Liverpool or arsenal, in that second tier of clubs, we've got to be careful with the finances. Chelsea, city and united can take a 30m flop and shrug it off. It's harder for us. Like spurs and the spend on soldado. There would be despair from arsenal and pool fans if one of us had made that deal.

I'm sure Rodgers knows a striker is priority, and I'm sure he's working towards rectifying that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Seamu$

So, does anyone think we'll buy a goalkeeper, a defensive midfielder and a striker and sell either or both of Balotelli & Borini in Jan? I haven't seen any links with DMs so presume that bit is unlikely to happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Yeah, but you can only train dogs, you can't educate them.

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Yeah, but you can only train dogs, you can't educate them.

2qsp35d.jpg

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement