Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning in OP, 10/12

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

Turtyturd wrote: »
    No club is gonna pay 43 million for a 35 year old.

With the knee of a 50 year old.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Maybe a cup of coca ,a few deep breaths and off to bed with you ,your getting cranky , I know with my nephew that usually means he is tired

Cocoa, if you're going along the patronising route its nice to at least spell things right.

Jesus I thought I was going crazy, you're quoting your own posts.

Just adding to what I mentioned regarding the reported costs of the great deal you brought up :)

Cocoa, if you're going along the patronising route its nice to at least spell things right.

Hitting him where it hurts, his spelling.

Mr PhD in spelling things corectly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭pmy.murphy

watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme.png

Gits_bone wrote: »
    Hitting him where it hurts, his spelling.

Mr PhD in spelling things corectly.

I've never corrected someone's spelling on here before, but if you're going to be a dick and attempt to be patronising then its nice to spell things right.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

nbf5lh.jpg

I've never corrected someone's spelling on here before, but if you're going to be a dick and attempt to be patronising then its nice to spell things right.

1396541752935.jpg

1396541752935.jpg

Do you even look at what you're posting or just mash your head on a keyboard?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I assume when you chose the name you were trying to channel Holmes' awkwardness and social ineptitude.....because you certainly aren't emulating his intelligence. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭pmy.murphy

Do you even look at what you're posting or just mash your head on a keyboard?

6480885113_de4cf88fa3_z.jpg

Kirby wrote: »
    I assume when you chose the name you were trying to channel Holmes' awkwardness and social ineptitude.....because you certainly aren't emulating his intelligence. :p

Well on originality I'll give it 7/10 but humor is still 0/10.

Good try but better luck next time.

Also, attack the post not the poster brah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I don't attack. I point and laugh at stupidity. Stupidity of your posts, just so we are clear. I would never accuse you of being stupid. That would be against the charter. Your posts though? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

If you're going to go down that route, it might be nice to give 'its' the apostrophe it's sorely lacking in your posts. Grammar - it's not just for Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/simon-mignolet-road-liverpool-fc-8353759

However, Mignolet is determined to grasp his shot at redemption and prove he has benefited from his short spell out of the firing line.

“It is always difficult to accept losing your place at first, but then you have time to reflect on it,” Mignolet said.

“He told me the day before the United game and then you focus on the team and making sure everybody is ready for the match.

“We spoke together in the days after that game, cleared up a few things and I think that was a positive discussion.

“I will not discuss what we said, but it was an honest meeting from both sides. That is always a positive thing.

“The negative thing was going out of the team but you try and make it a positive and that is what I am trying to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Check out the Hound Of The Banterville...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Why TPO is the scourge of modern football

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/third-party-ownership-tpo-scourge-8350724

Liverpool, meanwhile, have found TPO an issue as they have looked to strengthen their squad in recent seasons, with their signing of Lazar Markovic this summer a case in point.

The Reds paid Benfica £9.9m for their 50% share in the Serb, with a third-party, believed to be linked to agent Pini Zahavi, receiving a further £9.9m for the other half. Markovic had long been expected to join Chelsea, whose links with both Benfica and Zahavi would have enabled them to acquire him for a reduced fee.

A suspicion also lingers that the failed pursuit of Diego Costa in 2013 was down to third-party influence over the player. Liverpool met Costa’s buyout clause at Atletico Madrid, but were never afforded the chance to speak to the player.

Twelve months later, the striker moved to Stamford Bridge, with suggestions, unconfirmed at this point, that a portion of the £32m transfer fee may have found its way into the pockets of third-parties, including Mendes and a number of companies with financial links to Chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

Newcastle want de boer if Pardew goes to palace.

has he been sacked or something ? why would he go to palace ?? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

That's my point, incompetent transfer negotiations.

For all your guys laughing earlier in the year, you'd have got falcao for less than balotelli or lambert or equal for what it costs to get origi early.

Laughable really.

And ye have CL, we never could have attracted high profile players without CL.

... Oh wait

Oh wait.... Falcao is shíte....

• Advertisement

mosstin wrote: »
    If you're going to go down that route, it might be nice to give 'its' the apostrophe it's sorely lacking in your posts. Grammar - it's not just for Christmas.

It's christmas and I didn't use it, what's your point?
    I don't attack. I point and laugh at stupidity. Stupidity of your posts, just so we are clear. I would never accuse you of being stupid. That would be against the charter. Your posts though? :)

I don't care if you're too much of a pussy to outright call me stupid, but your post here is pretty clear.
    because you certainly aren't emulating his intelligence. :p

That is obviously aimed at me and not my post's, as I said, I don't care if you call me stupid and I certainly won't report your post, but you don't have to be a pussy and hide behind semantics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

mada999 wrote: »
    has he been sacked or something ? why would he go to palace ?? :confused:

Doesn't feel like he is wanted at Newcastle apparently. It bizarre, if you ask me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Just found the best video I've ever seen and said I'd show Sherlock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,886 ✭✭✭✭klose

David Moyes was at the Burnley match looking checking out Can is in the Mirror.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-midfielder-emre-can-wanted-4886192

This looks like something we would do, Rodgers would probably rather buy gerrard a pair of robotic legs than give emre an extended run in the team. Heaven forbid the lad might actually add something to our midfield unlike gerrard or Allen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

jesus 2 draws in 3 games and utd fans be goin nuts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Dont judge Utd fans by one poster making a fool of himself.....in fairness the vast majority on here dont engage in that sort of ****e.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

gafferino wrote: »
    Why TPO is the scourge of modern football

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/third-party-ownership-tpo-scourge-8350724

Liverpool, meanwhile, have found TPO an issue as they have looked to strengthen their squad in recent seasons, with their signing of Lazar Markovic this summer a case in point.

The Reds paid Benfica £9.9m for their 50% share in the Serb, with a third-party, believed to be linked to agent Pini Zahavi, receiving a further £9.9m for the other half. Markovic had long been expected to join Chelsea, whose links with both Benfica and Zahavi would have enabled them to acquire him for a reduced fee.

A suspicion also lingers that the failed pursuit of Diego Costa in 2013 was down to third-party influence over the player. Liverpool met Costa’s buyout clause at Atletico Madrid, but were never afforded the chance to speak to the player.

Twelve months later, the striker moved to Stamford Bridge, with suggestions, unconfirmed at this point, that a portion of the £32m transfer fee may have found its way into the pockets of third-parties, including Mendes and a number of companies with financial links to Chelsea.

Corruption in football!? I wont hear of it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Well on originality I'll give it 7/10 but humor is still 0/10.

Good try but better luck next time.

Also, attack the post not the poster brah.

Brah!? This isn't a Will Ferrell film....more like an Eastenders marathon where the misery keeps coming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Shelvey getting abuse from the Swansea manager - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30620866

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Good point a Cup of Coca would get you hyped up, paranoid and arguing over nothing with strangers till 3 am in the morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Daemonic

£50m to a free in 4 years, at least we got half the Carroll money back. 2 shocking transfers in terms of the return on investment for both clubs :(

Daemonic wrote: »
    £50m to a free in 4 years, at least we got half the Carroll money back. 2 shocking transfers in terms of the return on investment for both clubs :(

Chelsea could afford it tbf and he picked up major silverware there.

I hope he does well back in Spain

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Shelvey getting abuse from the Swansea manager - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30620866

Glad we got rid of him when we did...he was always a bit too rash with the tackles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Glad we got rid of him when we did...he was always a bit too rash with the tackles.

And sh*te.

Fernando Torres.

Thanks for the goals the 50m and the lolz at Chelsea.

I wish him well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Here's one to get people going.

The Metro on the UK say we're bidding £23.5m for Saido Berahino.

Nevermind a sackable offence, that'd warrant being hung, drawn and quartered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Torres has nothing to complain about he was paid huge money at Chelsea and won a CL a EL and a FA Cup not bad for a failure who seemed to sulk most of the time and now gets his dream move home.

I'm just glad it we really weren't looking at getting him back.

SlickRic wrote: »

As would taking the Metro seriously :P

Torres has nothing to complain about he was paid huge money at Chelsea and won a CL a EL and a FA Cup not bad for a failure who seemed to sulk most of the time and now gets his dream move home.

I'm just glad it we really weren't looking at getting him back.

In fairness he never got the trophys his goals and form deserved at Anfield so I wouldn't begrudge him his medals at Chelsea.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

There was someone posting here yesterday looking for tickets for tonight's game. The club have some for sale on the website

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

That's my point, incompetent transfer negotiations.

For all your guys laughing earlier in the year, you'd have got falcao for less than balotelli or lambert or equal for what it costs to get origi early.

Laughable really.

And ye have CL, we never could have attracted high profile players without CL.

... Oh wait
    Another great contribution Sherlock. 10/10.
    I'm sorry but how can you say that without actually trying to rebut a point?

You have no problem spouting **** in other threads and when someone posts here you respond with a ****ty one liner(that'll be thanked by the herd, don't worry) instead of an actual contribution or maybe a dissuading point, you don't even try argue, you're just full of **** tbh.

Do you even disagree with the fact paying an extra 6m for Origi is bad business???

You do in your ****, you probably agree with me but would rather throw **** than have a discussion.
    Cos falcao is having a stormer of a season
    I didn't think it was possible, but you've surpassed the great quality of your previous post. 11/10.
    No throwing of sh#t in here please the place was just cleaned

You hear me ,no sh#t Sherlock
    You've had two opportunities to have some kind of a non retarded reply and you've failed, I'll leave you to it.
    Turtyturd wrote: »

That'd be my view on it.
    Feck all points to rebut.

Your main point of the comment was basically "lalala ye told us we'd sign shít players because we have no CL and Liverpool would sign the bestest players because ye have Chaampions League but we have Falcoon so HA."
    Originality - 1/10.
    Humour - 0/10.

Rating posts seems what this place is about.

and several other posts. I've said it before and I'll say it again. Posting after midnight leads to mischief.

Welcome to nearly 24 hours ago and no one believes that rag.

and several other posts. I've said it before and I'll say it again. Posting after midnight leads to mischief.

And Humour will equal 0/10 apparently

Emre Can do Real Sociedad?

http://www.football365.com/transfer-gossip/9624362/Some-Gossip-For-Ye...

Hmmmmmmm, bullsugar.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

If there's any truth in this, you'd really wonder what FSG are playing at. That'd be as bad and ridiculous as the 35m paid for Carroll.

Why not just go out and get someone like Bony.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

monkey9 wrote: »
    If there's any truth in this, you'd really wonder what FSG are playing at. That'd be as bad and ridiculous as the 35m paid for Carroll.

Why not just go out and get someone like Bony.

If there is any truth to this transfer you would have to imagine they are backing the manager big time and he won't be sacked anytime soon.

Berahino scored 5 league goals from 32 games last year. He has 7 from 18 thus far. Nothing suggests to me that he's worth half that price. Even then he is a player we plainly do not need. We have enough potential at the club.

Cant we buy a decent striker for reasonable money. Surely our scouts can identify such a player.

So then Liverpool buy Berahino, Pardew is the next Palace manager and Klopp is joining Newcastle.

All sounds legit to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

That Berahino is bullsh1t according to Press Association.
    Metro got their clicks on their website

• Advertisement

So then Liverpool buy Berahino, Pardew is the next Palace manager and Klopp is joining Newcastle.

All sounds legit to me.

Tinfoil hats at the ready!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement