Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning in OP, 10/12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

SlickRic wrote: »
    Here's one to get people going.

The Metro on the UK say we're bidding £23.5m for Saido Berahino.

Nevermind a sackable offence, that'd warrant being hung, drawn and quartered.

If we spend that much on him while letting Shaqiri go to Juve for 15m....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

brevity wrote: »
    Wouldn't surprise me if there was another twist in the Shaqiri story yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

brevity wrote: »
    amiable wrote: »

I would imagine its less about 'letting' him go to Juve and more about him wanting to move to a similarly top level team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

amiable wrote: »

Fingers crossed anyway. He's who we should have gone for when we missed out on Sanchez.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭6am7f9zxrsjvnb

mada999 wrote: »
    Oh wait.... Falcao is shíte....

Many here would lick ****e off a shoe to have him at Liverpool.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Many here would lick ****e off a shoe to have him at Liverpool.

Our current strikers are perfectly capable of missing great chances and not scoring goals so I doubt many Liverpool fans want another striker in that mould.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Our current strikers are perfectly capable of missing great chances and not scoring goals so I doubt many Liverpool fans want another striker in that mould.

I'd take him. Wouldn't be licking a shoe or anything but I think he's a good goalscorer. Wages and injuries would put me off though but at the right price he'd be great. He'd score goals no doubt which is what we need.

Will be looking closely at Bony tonight, really wanted him in the summer and hope he doesn't make us regret it tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I dunno, he'd be a great partner for Sturridge

In the physio room.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Liverpool might get the chance to buy Falcao in the summer cos Utd won't the way things are going for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Liverpool might get the chance to buy Falcao in the summer cos Utd won't the way things are going for him.

Why would they for a 30 minute injury prone bench warmer?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Falcao would have been the perfect replacement for saurez.

I don't think anyone expected Balotelli to be playing this bad.

Falcao would have been the perfect replacement for saurez.

I don't think anyone expected Balotelli to be playing this bad.

On the basis of what I've seen this year so far, I'd have to say that unfortunately Alexis Sanchez would have been the perfect replacement for Suarez. A real shame.

8-10 wrote: »
    On the basis of what I've seen this year so far, I'd have to say that unfortunately Alexis Sanchez would have been the perfect replacement for Suarez. A real shame.

Yeah. Himself or falcao.

Or both as falcao is a loan. Would have really set ye up for the year and probably be stronger than last year

0/10 for originality
    0/10 for effort
    0/10 for humour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

It shows you how slender the margin is between success and failure. No matter what we had done with the rest of the money if we had of got him no one would have cared. We are just so short of those really top level players in their prime who can dictate or change games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Vicxas wrote: »
    Why would they for a 30 minute injury prone bench warmer?

woooooooooooosh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

Yeah. Himself or falcao.

Or both as falcao is a loan. Would have really set ye up for the year and probably be stronger than last year

Why Falcao? He hasn't done anything yet to regret not getting him. He has been injured for most of the season. An abosulte world of difference between him and Sanchez. It seems strange that someone would even suggest Falcao. Are you a United fan?

woooooooooooosh

Im Superman :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭slingerz

Tevez would have been a good replacement for Suarez tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I'm going with Clark Griswald.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Getting Falcao on 300k a week plus 10m loan fee would have a terrible deal & he has been very poor at Utd.
    Don't forget Falcao has been off form for well over a year.
    Reports that El Shaarway could be available for €15m which could be worth a gamble. Berahino is too overpriced.
    We should be looking at some strikers around Europe instead of the PL where they are overpriced. Carlos Vela is another player who should be looked at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭breghall

harry kane anyone?

MD1990 wrote: »
    Reports that El Shaarway could be available for €15m which could be worth a gamble.

He's a player I like, quite a difference between the leagues though so would be a bit of a gamble as we need somebody to come in and score on day 1. But at that price I'm a fan, Balotelli could go back the other way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Getting Falcao on 300k a week plus 10m loan fee would have a terrible deal & he has been very poor at Utd.
    Don't forget Falcao has been off form for well over a year.

Fairly certain the Falcao loan fee was half what you've quoted, As for the "Off Form" year, do you mean where he spent from January out injured?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭Danye

breghall wrote: »
    harry kane anyone?

Why would Harry Kane leave Spurs for Liverpool?

Danye wrote: »
    Why would Harry Kane leave Spurs for Liverpool?

Because..... eh...... reasons!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

We already fked up with Balotelli. Falcao would just top it off.

He is at United for the money (how many times has he chosen money over CL football?)....... and we are asking lads to take pay cuts to join us!. (yes, i realise i've left it open to a snidey remark about LFC probably not having CL football next year so it might be a goer).

There's an obvious striker in this league who we could get and be better for us than either of those two players.

Benteke!

Will we go for him?. Will we f**k!.

A blind man knows whats wrong with this team at this stage. Stubborness, arrogance and perhaps some 'politics' is holding us back.

We know what we need. We will probably end up with a wing forward on loan and cover for fkin Jones.

The lack of respect for Falcao is just plain odd.The guy is proven quality and only a 7 year old would write him off after 4 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭Danye

daithijjj wrote: »

Benteke!

Do you really believe he's what Liverpoool are looking for or what would improve your team?

He's vastly overrated and a more athletic Emile Heskey.

• Advertisement

We know what we need. We will probably end up with a wing forward on loan and cover for fkin Jones.

Isn't Jones off to the Asia Cup in January? If so I think a goalkeeper is a no brainer early in the window

Why are ye writing off falcao? Is it because he is at utd?

He has played well in the games he started and is coming back from injury and joining a new team who don't even have a system yet due to injuries in key areas.

What about before his injury, seems stupid to just completely write him off. If he went on loan to any other club both utd and Liverpool fans would be bitching about not getting him.

Why are ye writing off falcao? Is it because he is at utd?

He has played well in the games he started and is coming back from injury and joining a new team who don't even have a system yet due to injuries in key areas.

What about before his injury, seems stupid to just completely write him off. If he went on loan to any other club both utd and Liverpool fans would be bitching about not getting him.

I'm not writing him off I said he's a good goalscorer and would score goals at Liverpool if he came. My issue is with the money he's reportedly on and loan fee versus his time on the pitch. He's been a great scorer over the years but had a very bad knee injury last year and he's not yet back to his best.

Very dangerous to write off a player of Falcao's calibre. But for what has been given so far this season, as i mentioned I think Sanchez has been by far the superior player. Can all change in 2015 but this was not Falcao's best year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SM01

Not to be taken too seriously, however I was thinking of players that *might* improve Liverpool's first team that are almost forgotten men or surplus to requirements at other clubs that might turn out to be shrewd acquisitions (if they were for sale / the clubs would sell to Liverpool). Three that came to mind for me would be Nastasic, Paulinho and Podolski (all debatable in terms of quality, I know.) Anyone else out there that might be unhappy with his lot, wouldn't cost an outrageous price and would improve our first 11?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    I'm going with Clark Griswald.

I don't know, it be a risky one.

I'm not sure if he'd fit in with the ethos that BR has put in place.

Is the Carlos Vela mentioned the same one who was sh*te at Arsenal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Is the Carlos Vela mentioned the same one who was sh*te at Arsenal?
    He was only a younster at Arsenal & never give a proper chance at them.
    He has been superbat Sociedad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

He was only a younster at Arsenal & never give a proper chance at them.
    He has been superbat Sociedad.

Well sure if he's a superbat. Who wouldn't want Batman playing for them?

The lack of respect for Falcao is just plain odd.The guy is proven quality and only a 7 year old would write him off after 4 months.

He is a proven money chaser, bit like Hulk, thats why someone like him would never be on LFC's radar. Its not about anything United related. Wasn't talking about talent but nobody knows whether he is half the player he was once.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Kirby wrote: »
    Well sure if he's a superbat. Who wouldn't want Batman playing for them?

He's actually referencing the Russian film Superbat, a coming of age comedy starring Jonah Hillkov and Mikhail Cernik.

Danye wrote: »
    Do you really believe he's what Liverpoool are looking for or what would improve your team?

He's vastly overrated and a more athletic Emile Heskey.

Who knows what Liverpool are looking for!. Whatever it is it will be someone who is desperate to move from a smaller club, it certainly wont be someone who is expecting money, given the evidence.

He would improve our team ten fold over a punt on the likes of Balotelli. Obviously we'd all love to sign the best available but that wont happen. The Heskey remark i wont even encourage. He has a good record for someone who plays at Villa. In any case, he was an example on improvement given the criteria we know we are using.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

Looking forward to the game.
    Dont think therell be a cleanie though.

Isn't Jones off to the Asia Cup in January? If so I think a goalkeeper is a no brainer early in the window

Did we replace him when he went anywhere before?.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭jasonb

Would we have noticed if we didn't?

J.

He is a proven money chaser, bit like Hulk, thats why someone like him would never be on LFC's radar. Its not about anything United related. Wasn't talking about talent but nobody knows whether he is half the player he was once.

'Money Chaser' suggests a half - hearted attitude on the pitch. Falcao's workrate is fantastic and there's no prima donna crap either..
    Basically, he's the polar opposite of Balotelli.

I looked it up and it appears he's not in the squad. Also never knew he played for Shels back in the day!

"In the 2001–02 season he played four games for Irish club side Shelbourne F.C.. He made his professional and League of Ireland debut on 5 October against local rivals Bohemians at Dalymount Park and conceded 4 goals in a 6–4 victory one of which was direct from his own goal kick."

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Rumour has it Bony is out tonight.

Rumour has it Bony is out tonight.

Please!

'Money Chaser' suggests a half - hearted attitude on the pitch. Falcao's workrate is fantastic and there's no prima donna crap either..
    Basically, he's the polar opposite of Balotelli.

Nah, not to me it doesnt, it just means LFC would never be in for him because of that.

Etoo chased the dollar too but i'd have taken him well before Balotelli. Clearly not on huge wages right now.

If comparing him to Balotelli is the best defence you can provide you know it hasn't been a good signing.

Nah, not to me it doesnt, it just means LFC would never be in for him because of that.

Etoo chased the dollar too but i'd have taken him well before Balotelli. Clearly not on huge wages right now.

Not sure if I understand your point.Are you saying that
    Liverpool wouldn't be interested in Falcao because
    (a) Liverpool don't like people motivated by cash?
    (b) Liverpool only sign players who have a burning desire to play for the club?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement