Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning in OP, 10/12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    The way things are going Wisdom could be in with a shot of being our first choice right back next year.

Norman Wisdom would be a better bet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Agree with the general consenous. No more squad players are needed, proven talent that will automatically start is what's needed. If we have to blow the entire transfer budget on one player, then so be it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Robbie Savage's Liverpool team to face Chelsea.

_78820704_bf98bb4b-2f6d-4e6a-a1be-dc72f413039b.jpg

It's not a bad team to be honest.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29945991

5live wrote: »
    Sure scored 11 league goals last year including scoring against all top 4 league clubs.

Just saying...

Won't let you down.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Won't let you down.....

A Sure thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Edited, gentlemen. Enjoy:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

Are Chelsea going to park the bus like they did last season? I don't think so. They might actually play attacking football, which could result in a good game (entertainment wise).

I can't say it fills me with confidence though, with our 'headless chicken' defense.

Chelsea have to lose some time. Let it be tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Even when Chelsea have a go, they defend properly. I'm sure the game will be entertaining, but entertaining doesn't mean goal fest. That wont happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Are Chelsea going to park the bus like they did last season? I don't think so. They might actually play attacking football, which could result in a good game (entertainment wise).

I can't say it fills me with confidence though, with our 'headless chicken' defense.

Chelsea have to lose some time. Let it be tomorrow.

Chelsea are storming the league so I expect them to go forward quickly. We're not as threatening as last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

I don't see us buying a forward this winter transfer window, unless one of our strikers is injured or sold.

We have Origi coming in for next season and another striker would leave us top-heavy in numbers if not in quality.

There always seems to be more talk of buying forwards, rather than defenders. Defending isn't as glamorous as banging in goals. Such is life. But a team won't get anywhere without a rock solid defense. Some of our defensive mistakes this season would go well with the famous 'Benny Hill' soundtrack.

When Sturridge comes back we should be ok for goalscorers. Any forward is limited by the quality of the passes fed into him. Just look at Balo's goal after the sweet cross from Borini.

I'm wondering if there's any top class defenders that could be brought in?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

When numerous different defenders go to sh*t the problem is bigger than them and bringing in a new one won't help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Skrtel scored 11 league goals last year including scoring against all top 4 league clubs.

Just saying...

Edit. Damned spell check.

Shame 4 of those 11 goals were against us. An impressive tally nonetheless

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭itsjaybud

Quick question from an Arseanl fan, attending the Liverpool v Arsenal game
    in December, is it possible to do the Anfield Stadium tour the day before the game? it would be December 20th.

The LFC website has the tour tickets up on it for sale on that date but i'm not so sure its possible.

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

itsjaybud wrote: »
    in December, is it possible to do the Anfield Stadium tour the day before the game? it would be December 20th.

The LFC website has the tour tickets up on it for sale on that date but i'm not so sure its possible.

Thanks in advance.

Want to see what a European Cup looks like eh?? :pac:

Only messing.... I don't see why it wouldnt be open to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

Thanks in advance.

I wouldn't know but don't be expecting any help from the rest of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭jasonb

Thanks in advance.

Don't see why not, especially if they have tickets up for sale on that date. No harm ringing them to check to make sure though...

J.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Connavar

gafferino wrote: »
    Want to see what a European Cup looks like eh?? :pac:

Only messing.... I don't see why it wouldnt be open to be honest.
    I think sometimes it is closed the day before a game to set up the cameras
    Surely they wouldn't sell tickets on the date if that was the case though

Sheepy99 wrote: »
    I wouldn't know but don't be expecting any help from the rest of them.

:D

Worst fans in the world.

Tony Evans now hinting that John W & Rick Parry are in Dubai (trying to sell the club) and are not looking for naming rights on his twitter.

Can't link it as I am on my phone right now but the tweet is from around 6pm.

Large pinch of salt of course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭pmy.murphy

Tony Evans now hinting that John W & Rick Parry are in Dubai (trying to sell the club) and are not looking for naming rights on his twitter.

Wow thats an interesting development

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Here is the tweet

Liverpool Football Club is it sale on investment
    and why was Dubai at Melwood? They say it’s looking for a spon... http://t.co/vVtjxl1Usg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Tony Evans is a grade A youknowwhat, I dunno what happened between him and the club but something did for him to become such a nark.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

Connavar wrote: »
    I think sometimes it is closed the day before a game to set up the cameras
    Surely they wouldn't sell tickets on the date if that was the case though

I've done a few prem grounds tours on the morning of games in the last few years, cameras presumably set up by then but can't see it being a deal breaker. Would only be benificial for the 'tour experience' surely.

Tony Evans is a grade A youknowwhat, I dunno what happened between him and the club but something did for him to become such a nark.

It's not just in relation to the club. I don't use twitter but from what I have seen it makes 'journalists' accountable to a degree about what they post in that fans can pull them up on it. Just a shame that most of them seem to act like pr*cks when it happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Turtyturd wrote: »
    It's not just in relation to the club. I don't use twitter but from what I have seen it makes 'journalists' accountable to a degree about what they post in that fans can pull them up on it. Just a shame that most of them seem to act like pr*cks when it happens.
    In fairness, they were probably pr*cks before it happened as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

In fairness, they were probably pr*cks before it happened as well.

Spot on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

There always seems to be more talk of buying forwards, rather than defenders. Defending isn't as glamorous as banging in goals. Such is life. But a team won't get anywhere without a rock solid defense. Some of our defensive mistakes this season would go well with the famous 'Benny Hill' soundtrack.

When Sturridge comes back we should be ok for goalscorers. Any forward is limited by the quality of the passes fed into him. Just look at Balo's goal after the sweet cross from Borini.

I'm wondering if there's any top class defenders that could be brought in?

Top notch DM for me before more defenders

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Does anyone think there will be funds available in January if Rodgers wants to bolster a position?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Augmerson wrote: »
    Does anyone think there will be funds available in January if Rodgers wants to bolster a position?

I don't think so but I hope to god, I'm wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

Maybe a goalkeeper, but apart from that I think we will be looking at departures before there are any signings. We still have players like Aspas, Assaidi, Alberto and Coates on the books, as well as players in a pretty full squad that would be replaced if new players came in.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

When the Sheike gazillionaire takes over well be able to but 30 Andy Carroll's!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Bar a goalkeeper id be surprised if we signed anyone in january.

When the Sheike gazillionaire takes over well be able to but 30 Andy Carroll's!

I doubt they're looking to sell up.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

If we are still as bad as we are now by then we will need some, but won't really be able to afford it paradoxically as it will look like we'll have a lot less money coming in next season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

Have to extend huge credit to Rodgers for the team he put out against Madird. So often managers don't look at the fixture list with any degree of pragmatism. Espesically difficult when it's a romatic CL tie against Madrid. Most important for us is qualifying again through top 4 and trying to qualify for the next CL round. I think writng off that fixture has given us the best possible chance at our main goals.

Anyone read the Duncan Castles blog on Balotelli.

It seems we didn't buy him at all.

His agent bought out his contract and we took him on loan from his agent for the season with a view to signing him fully at the end of the season.

If it doesn't work out his agent is free to find him a club next summer and take the transfer fee for himself.

Interesting read.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2255325-mario-balotellis-contract-and-the-real-reason-liverpool-signed-him-from-milan

His agent bought out his contract and we took him on loan from his agent for the season with a view to signing him fully at the end of the season.

If it doesn't work out his agent is free to find him a club next summer and take the transfer fee for himself.

Interesting read.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2255325-mario-balotellis-contract-and-the-real-reason-liverpool-signed-him-from-milan

Woah if thats true then I can understand why Rodgers is flippant about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

Vicxas wrote: »
    Woah if thats true then I can understand why Rodgers is flippant about it.

It's Duncan Castles, so that means it's bollixology.

Oh massive grain of salt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Interesting read.

Duncan Castles is very very unreliable. Especially with anything to do with Liverpool. Would have thought any Liverpool fan would recognise that from his tweets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

8-10 wrote: »
    Hold up a oec, United have not had a first choice back 4 all year,thesome of the players who have played centre half weren't even heard of by some of their own fans. Falcao hasn't played 90mins yet and missed the last 2, Herrera missed half the games so far through injury, Rooney got banned for 3 games. Take a look at who plays back 4 for them this weekend and you'll see what I mean.

I have no love for United or anything but I strongly disagree that they "have their first team available". I'd argue the complete opposite. I can't think of 1 league game this year where the best XI has been put out

They might not have had their best of the best but they have 30 million quid replacements such as felleni coming in for herrara and being the the best player on the park for the last three games. Mata nearly 40 million came in for rooney, their back 4 for the part 5 games was petty much their strongest back 4.

Shaw 5 games
    Rojo 5 games
    Rafael 4 games
    Jones, smalling and Mcnair splitting the other cb spot.

Their isn't any major progress or improvements despite their fans optimism after coming away with an amazing tally of 1 point from city and Chelsea. Come January and 100 million more and when other teams are tiring from other competitions that united don't seem to have, then We'll see improvements.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Interesting article from Luis new autobiography about a chelsea player saying that if he didn't waste time during the chelsea/Liverpool game last year, he would be dropped.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/premier-league/chelsea-player-feared-being-dropped-if-he-didnt-waste-time-in-anfield-clash-luis-suarez-30723152.html

Suarez is spot on, Chelsea were still in with a shout for the league yet they played for the draw. The time wasting from the first minute was embarrassing tbh, and I was delighted when Atletico defeated them later in the week when Mourinho tried similar tactics.

That being said, I don't agree with Luis when he said it's impossible against Chelsea when they have the advantage. The team just turned into a bunch of headless chickens after Ba scored. They panicked and that's where the battle was won and lost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Regarding interviews, I suppose I don't really understand the nonsense Rodgers comes out with. My school of thought is that the below is what you should see. Blame yourself, praise any players that played well and then shut the **** up:

Kenny gave solid interviews that were appropriate most of the time.

I don't even bother watching interviews or press conferences with players or managers any more.

They're all media trained these days so you just get the same cliched bull**** week after week. Boring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

If Rodgers team was winning you wouldn't give two ****s about what he was saying. I really cant understand why people are getting so annoyed by them.

In fairness, he's no worse than most managers when it comes to post/pre match. I like to think that what he says in private is different. Post/pre match interviews are PR exercises most of the time.

Mick McCarthy is usually honest and good for a laugh though...unusual these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Good interview to get the media on your back all right. Which can only led to good things surely.

Who gives a fart what Ridgers says. It meaningless, that interview up there is meaningless as well.

Why blame yourself? If he did that people be on here giving out about his defeatist attitude.

Duncan Castles is very very unreliable. Especially with anything to do with Liverpool. Would have thought any Liverpool fan would recognise that from his tweets.

Of cousre I wouldn't take it serious at all it was just something i came across and found an Interesting read.( and though others might as well)

But it is one hell of a story to just make up out of nowhere that's why I found it interesting.

Twitter, Blogs, Press Interviews, Fan Forums, etc does anyone really take anything on them seriously :P

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭S. Goodspeed

Interesting read.

I think if that were true it would breach the third party ownership rules that the EPL have in place. I'd like to think/hope we wouldn't be that stupid (but a lot of our buys over the last 4 years suggests otherwise..)

Edit: Just read the article and Castles says they have a "workaround" for the third party ownership rules.. still not buying it though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Regarding interviews, I suppose I don't really understand the nonsense Rodgers comes out with. My school of thought is that the below is what you should see. Blame yourself, praise any players that played well and then shut the **** up:

Kenny gave solid interviews that were appropriate most of the time.

Kenny was very poor with the media although he had the best intentions at heart.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement