Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning in OP, 10/12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

djPSB wrote: »
    Kenny was very poor with the media although he had the best intentions at heart.
    I thought Kenny was great with the media. They asked stupid questions so gave them sarcastic replies & always defended the players. I don't like managers that act really friendly with the media tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Just a pick point. All this talk of how well our defence and Toure did against Madrid, do you not think that having more protection in front via Lucas and Can was a major factor in it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

joe123 wrote: »
    Just a pick point. All this talk of how well our defence and Toure did against Madrid, do you not think that having more protection in front via Lucas and Can was a major factor in it?

I dont think the cover was all that great against madrid tbh, our defense and toure still had a hell of alot to deal with in that game

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

joe123 wrote: »

I made the same point and agree. Lucas in particular offered a lot more cover.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

If the players who were so called dropped against Madrid all walk straight back into the team for this Chelsea game how will that affect the team moral of the players who had good games against Madrid and are dropped straight away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

Kenny was a real mixed bag with the media. At times his no-nonsense straight-talking style was badass, at other times he got cringily defensive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Oh ffs Lovren and Johnson stroll back into the team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Poor selection rodgers atleast you kept can though.
    The same tired formation again. What does lallana have to do to get a start?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Markovic and Manquillo sitting in the stands, great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

If the players who were so called dropped against Madrid all walk straight back into the team for this Chelsea game how will that affect the team moral of the players who had good games against Madrid and are dropped straight away.

At this point it's clear they weren't dropped.

They were rested as Rodgers intends on sticking with those players regardless of form. Very disappointing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Rodgers showing his true colours. A one trick pony.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

A really stupid team selection. Its about time Rodgers grew a pair of balls for himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Rodgers must be resting this definition of insanity theory.... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Possibly the strongest team we could start bar Sturridge. Relax lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

The main reason I hope we win today is to shut our own fans the fcuk up.

The negativity before a ball is even kicked is shameful.

You're not doing it right.

You must portray your anger towards Rodgers and the players no matter what.

In general, that's the team I was expecting.

Delighted Can is in ahead of Allen. Can't believe Johnson is still getting a game. Maybe there is an injury as Manquillo isn't even on the bench.

tok9 wrote: »
    In general, that's the team I was expecting.

Delighted Can is in ahead of Allen. Can't believe Johnson is still getting a game. Maybe there is an injury as Manquillo isn't even on the bench.

Manquillo was destroyed during the week by Marcelo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

You're not doing it right.

You must portray your anger towards Rodgers and the players no matter what.

Do you think Johnson and Lovren deserve to start?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Well we got our answer.

The Madrid game was ignored, and the same underperforming players are in.

I feel for Lucas, Toure and Borini.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I dont see how our strongest team is a team without Lallana...

Manquillo was destroyed during the week by Marcelo.

I think destroyed is a bit of an exaggeration to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Some posters really showing themselves up the last few weeks.

darced wrote: »

I hope to God I am proven wrong, but what exactly has either Lovren or Johnson done to suggest that they are part of our best team? They have done nothing, other than be consistently bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,670 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Anyone read the Duncan Castles blog on Balotelli.

It seems we didn't buy him at all.

His agent bought out his contract and we took him on loan from his agent for the season with a view to signing him fully at the end of the season.

If it doesn't work out his agent is free to find him a club next summer and take the transfer fee for himself.

Interesting read.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2255325-mario-balotellis-contract-and-the-real-reason-liverpool-signed-him-from-milan

Are you sayign we handed over 16 mil to an agent for a one-year loan? Find that hard to believe, even by Liverpool standards.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

SlickRic wrote: »
    Well we got our answer.

All not good enough. One game wont change that. The team picked, bar one or two, is our strongest team.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

SlickRic wrote: »
    Well we got our answer.

Brendan is obviously trying to force Borini to leave in January. There can be no other explanation.

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    I hope to God I am proven wrong, but what exactly has either Lovren or Johnson done to suggest that they are part of our best team? They have done nothing, other than be consistently bad.

The alternatives are at best on par.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Are you sayign we handed over 16 mil to an agent for a one-year loan? Find that hard to believe, even by Liverpool standards.

Same money as Falcao? Bolex.

Did you read ithe link?

From what Castles say his agent bought Balotelli contract off Milan so he own the contract outright so no 3rd party ownership and then he loand him to Liverpool for a small fee and if it worked out Liverpool would buy him at the end of the season. The same as if he was on loan from a club.

If it doesn't work out the agent is free to find another club and sell him on keeping the transfer fee like a selling club would.

Tony Evans now say on twitter a lot of Journo's heard the same thing but wouldn't print it in case of legal action.

Evans of cousre has agenda's as plenty on here will tell you.

darced wrote: »

Lets hope Lovren has a stormer today. Johnson too. We are really missing John Flanagan at the moment. Not something I ever thought I'd say!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

The midfield on paper at least is strong, the attacking line up can cause real damage too if Balo is bothered today.

I'm admittedly disappointed for Kolo. Lucas too but realistically he was never getting the nod today over Gerrard. I wouldn't have minded seeing Enrique over Moreno either as the latter still looks green as fcuk. He could have a costly mare today

• Advertisement

I have a feeling Gerrard will take a lot of pot shots from everywhere trying to score a screamer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

Rodgers is in a tough position now, he was getting slated for fielding a 'League Cup' side last night, now that they did ok everyone wants him to keep some of those players in! So if he goes for the regulars again he will get slated, tough business that managerial lark, when you have so many have-a-go managers out there.

Yup!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

NukaCola wrote: »
    Some posters really showing themselves up the last few weeks.

I think this is crap. Different posters fact in different ways to things happening at the club. There's no template for reacting so to suggest that people are "showing themselves up" is BS.

Just thinking about it, this game is absolutely huge for Johnson.

He's been dropped from the England squad, no one seems to particularly rate him and against his former team.

If we can't get a performance out of Johnson today we never will.

mosstin wrote: »
    I think this is crap. Different posters fact in different ways to things happening at the club. There's no template for reacting so to suggest that people are "showing themselves up" is BS.

I have no interest in going through loads of posts. Just see one such comment below. Some posters have truly lost it.
    Slattsy wrote: »
    Rodgers showing his true colours. A one trick pony.

• Advertisement

Do you think Johnson and Lovren deserve to start?

Johnson and Manquillo is a coin toss at the minute. Marcelo destroyed Manquillo the other night.

Toure is unlucky to miss out, but he had one good game so wouldn't be getting carried away.

I'd be giving Rodgers the benefit of the doubt and waiting until 90 mins before slating his selection.

Costa with the equaliser soon.

Gerrard getting caught the legs when Chelsea run at us.

15 mins in and Gerrard doesn't have the legs after been rested midweek.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Gerrard is done. Its sad to say it but the evidence is inarguable at this stage. Gets caught so often.

Gerrard & Johnson should be nowhere near first team starters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

All Gerrard brings is that he gets a bit of leeway from the refs at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Toure must feel awful hard done by that Lovren has started ahead of him. Shaky as a bag of marbles and has terrible passing.

Gerrard & Johnson should be nowhere near first team starters.

Johnson been one of our better players today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Gerrard simply might as well not be on the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Johnson has improved in the last 15 was very poor in the first 30. Gerrard,Henderson & Lovren have been poor.Can,Coutinho & Sterling have done well.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement