Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning in OP, 10/12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

djPSB wrote: »
    Johnson been one of our better players today.

He blocks 2/3 shots so he is one of our better players that is all he has done noteworthy.

Doesn't take much to be one of our best player season though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

Johnson been one of our better players today.

Dead right, he is the only defender that has not looked clueless.
    Still prefer Manquillo at RB.
    Gerrard and Henderson have been terrible. And why the hell is Lovren constantly putting Mignolet under pressure with his passes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

He blocks 2/3 shots so he is one of our better players that is all he has done noteworthy.

Doesn't take much to be a best player season though.

He blocked two shots that were clear goal scoringscoring opportunities.

Midfield is redundant and not linking defence and attack at all.

Gerrard is being well marked so others need to step up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

The problem with Johnson though even in his better performances he'll be still prone to rash defensive mistakes. That tracking back tackle on Hazard a perfect example.

Need to settle back into this, half ended at good time. Well in this though

Gerrard is being well marked so others need to step up.

Gerrard isn't being marked by anyone!

He just isn't up to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

I don't think we've been as bad as some on here think. Tho the last 10 mins we were dominated. But up to that point we were ok. This is a very very good Chelsea team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    I don't think we've been as bad as some on here think. Tho the last 10 mins we were dominated. But up to that point we were ok. This is a very very good Chelsea team.

Our midfield is finding loads of space but we've barely been able to string a couple of passes together.

Henderson needs to be benched. Unfortunately so do Gerrard and Allen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

NukaCola wrote: »
    I have no interest in going through loads of posts. Just see one such comment below. Some posters have truly lost it.

To 'let themselves down' though, they'd have to veer from their generally supportive mantra. With the poster you quoted, that's not the case. People should be entitled to vent, as has been the case.
    The way Lovren has played in the first half, having been 'rested' on Tuesday night, expect more venting. And rightly so.

Gerrard isn't being marked by anyone!

He just isn't up to it.

Are you watching the game at all. Oscar is pretty much sitting on him.

• Advertisement

Gbear wrote: »
    Our midfield is finding loads of space but we've barely been able to string a couple of passes together.

Henderson needs to be benched. Unfortunately so do Gerrard and Allen.

Allen is on the bench. :confused:

Are you watching the game at all. Oscar is pretty much sitting on him.

If you think Gerrard and Johnson are up to it I have to ask you if you are watching the game.

If you really think Johnson is one of the better players we really aren't watching the same game.

mosstin wrote: »
    Allen is on the bench. :confused:

Yeah, I meant that he's not on option to come on because he's playing so **** at the moment.

So we don't have much left after that.

Lallana needs bringing on asap. Game today is made for player like him.

If you think Gerrard and Johnson are up to it I have to ask you if you are watching the game.

Didn't say they were up to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Johnson and Manquillo is a coin toss at the minute. Marcelo destroyed Manquillo the other night.

Toure is unlucky to miss out, but he had one good game so wouldn't be getting carried away.

I'd be giving Rodgers the benefit of the doubt and waiting until 90 mins before slating his selection.
    Manquillo will get a lot of game time but Johnson is still first choice. He is only 20 and Johnson will miss a fair number of games with injury, suspension and resting. We were complaining about Insua being overplayed so I would hope we wouldn't do the same to Manquillo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

I have a feeling Gerrard will take a lot of pot shots from everywhere trying to score a screamer.

Will be amazing if we get enough possession in their half to make this happen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

mosstin wrote: »
    To 'let themselves down' though, they'd have to veer from their generally supportive mantra.

According to you, I'm not going to go into the definition of letting yourself down. I'll leave it at that.

Rodgers looks totally lost!!

Allen and Borini for Can and Coutinho??? Seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Questions have to be asked of Rodgers folks

• Advertisement

That wasn't the first time Moreno turned his back on the ball.

He's constantly ****ting out of tackles as well.
    He's a good technical defender and a great footballer but he seriously needs to grow a pair of balls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

We're our own worst enemy. Panicking and hesitancy all over the shop when pressure begins. The team just has no bottle.

Gerrard passed it. But still playing

Johnson Passd it. But still playing

Henderson has lost his Confidence. But still playing

Sterling has something missing.

The defence is terrible with no leader there and no need for a defensive coach according to the manager.

Rogers tactics and in game mangment is terrible.

Big questions need to be asked at where its going wrong.

One player leaving no matter who that is shouldn't have this kind of effect on the team.

I've never been impressed with Rodgers substitutions.

Even last season he seemed to needlessly use 2 subs instead of 3 on loads of occasions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

'The Rodgers' treatment of Lallana is ridiculous.

Not a fan of this ref.

Two keepers is really parking the bus.

*wrong thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

**** me we are awful, can't cross, take on a man, can't defend. Rodgers under big pressure.

Henderson has been awful.
    Gerrard has been awful
    Lovren has been awful

Lambert is a league 1 player at best.
    Allen isn't good enough.
    Boirini has heart but ultamately isn't good enough.

Utterly pathetic performance .

We have so many problems all over the field

klose wrote: »
    **** me we are awful, can't cross, take on a man, can't defend. Rodgers under big pressure.

He's not and he shouldn't be. Its internet keyboard warriors who never wanted him in the first place that want him out. There's no way the owners are writing off what HIS team did last year.

• Advertisement

Gerrard has been awful
    Lovren has been awful

Allen isn't good enough.

I has not been a pathetic performance. Slow down with the MASSIVE overreaction. And Joe Allen has been very good since he came one.

I think I've had my fill of Balo. He'll produce the odd quality moment but mostly I just find myself pissed off watching him.

No killer instinct up front. ****ing zero.

I think I've had my fill of Balo. He'll produce the odd quality moment but mostly I just find myself pissed off watching him.

No killer instinct up front. ****ing zero.

He was FAR from our worst player today. And we know he's not as effective up top on his own, unfortunately our other attacking options aren't up to scratch. Thats the big issue. That and the fact Lovern is as bad as it gets back there.

He's not and he shouldn't be. Its internet keyboard warriors who never wanted him in the first place that want him out. There's no way the owners are writing off what HIS team did last year.

But of course he's under pressure. Perhaps not BIG pressure as such but we look a completely disjointed unit. New players or no, there looks to be the complete absence of any system out there, players playing on reputation only. Of course he's under pressure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Dont want him gone myself obviously but ya cant say he isint under pressure. I remember i used to joke bout how stoke played under pulis and now thats we have resorted to, hoofing it long to try nick a goal after spending a fortune.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

It's like 2009 all over again

Think Can was the only positive to take from that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Can't see us making the CL.

The recalled players did well didn't they? :rolleyes:

I praised Rodgers the other night for dropping the poor performers only to pick them again today.

Terrible management

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Crazy to think that losing 1 player has you gone from being within a whisker of winning the league to how you are now.

Lallana not starting again, seems odd

I has not been a pathetic performance. Slow down with the MASSIVE overreaction. And Joe Allen has been very good since he came one.

Chelsea beat us in 2nd gear. We created one chance at home in the second half . Our goal came from a lucky deflection. We asked absolutely no questions of Chelsea. Skrtel and Lovren looked like a pair of clowns at the back compared to Terry and Cahill.

We never ever looked like gettibg anything from the game.

Gerrard has been awful
    Lovren has been awful

Allen isn't good enough.

:confused:

We actually did ok for long periods today you are seriously over reacting and wrong in a lot of what you are saying. Chelsea worked damn hard for their win today.

Other than the first 30/35 mins that was on par with the season general performances. Expectations weren't high going into this but ****ing hell contrast that to few months ago when we went behind in games... Hardly a chance was created after Costa scored:(

klose wrote: »
    Dont want him gone myself obviously but ya cant say he isint under pressure. I remember i used to joke bout how stoke played under pulis and now thats we have resorted to, hoofing it long to try nick a goal after spending a fortune.

He's under pressure in the same way every other manager in the world is under pressure.

I disasgree we've become a hoofball team tho. We lack the cutting edge and movement up front right now. The Lambert signing is still baffling tbh. Him and Lovern are the massive regrets right now. Lovern literally looks like the worst cb we've seen in years. Sakho can't come back quick enough.

Dropping Stevie is such a tough thing to do but has to be done. And people can criticise Hendo today and rightly so but I feel he really does step it up when Gerrard is not in the team.

He was FAR from our worst player today. And we know he's not as effective up top on his own, unfortunately our other attacking options aren't up to scratch. Thats the big issue. That and the fact Lovern is as bad as it gets back there.

He wasn't but what's he offering? What are any of the attackers actually offering this season? I think that as well as Balo that Sterling, Coutinho et al need to have a long look in the mirror. None of them stepping up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

just for reference liverpool have lost more matches, conceded more goals and have less points at this stage than they had under hodgson after 11 games in 2010

yikes

Chelsea beat us in 2nd gear. We created one chance at home in the second half . Our goal came from a lucky deflection. We asked absolutely no questions of Chelsea. Skrtel and Lovren looked like a pair of clowns at the back compared to Terry and Cahill.

We never ever looked like gettibg anything from the game.

So you're just ignoring the blatant peno we should have had?!? We didn't deserve a draw but they are a superb team. the Newcastle game we were horrendous but not today.

:confused:

We actually did ok for long periods today you are seriously over reacting and wrong in a lot of what you are saying.

Agree. A defensive midfielder and a striker to share the goal scoring burden with Sturridge will solve a lot of problems.

He wasn't but what's he offering? What are any of the attackers actually offering this season? I think that as well as Balo that Sterling, Coutinho et al need to have a long look in the mirror. None of them stepping up.

Sterling, Coutinho and Balo will all be far better with Danny up top (I hope). If we still are playing like this in January then its time to really worry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

I think he needs to take that vice captaincy off hendo cos he has been woefull since he got it

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement