Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning in OP, 10/12

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Gtfo, he deserves allot more time, 14th is worst case scenario to try an justify your wrong opinion

He'll be manager next season and rightfully so, but I think we have to accept this season is a write off already. Mentally the team is fcuked.

The one thing to be positive about though is that surely both Rodgers and the owners have realised now is that we have to spend top dollar on experience now. That's thw difference between us and Chelsea today.

No idea why both Lallana and Marko were needed for example.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

@kenearlys: haven't heard brendan rodgers mention how LFC are doing relative to last season's fixtures for a while. they're 6 points down after 11 games

At this rate, 22 off last sea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

NukaCola wrote: »
    True but i quoted him on the question he was asked. You did not to try and deliberately make him look clueless.

No I didn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Kirby wrote: »
    No I didn't.

Oh yes you did...

he's behind you...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

Were already in the fight of our lives for 4th and I'm not being funny when I say that. If we fail to get top 4, the reality is that Rodgers will be gone and we'll be back to square one.

This is really a conversation for much further down the line and to make clear I'm not suggesting Rodgers doesn't deserve time to turn this around but just to pick up on the last point you made above. If we do eventually bring in a new manager I think he has an excellent base to start from so I wouldn't say we'll be back to square one. It is the best squad that any Liverpool manager in recent memory will inherit. Full of youth, potential, good squad players etc. They would have to phase out a few players and add some real top level quality to supplement the squad but as a starting base I think we're in excellent condition. We just need some top shelf players mixed in with what we have to elevate things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

While I wouldn't be calling for 'The Rodgers' to be sacked based on current performances there needs to be an emergency meeting between him and the transfer committee where they come to a compromise or one of them walks.

The game of one-upmanship he is playing is detrimental to the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

No I didn't.

Point well made :rolleyes:

Anyway, i dont want to drag the thread OT so i'll leave it there then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Oh yes you did...

he's behind you...

Well what do you want me to say? I quite like Rodgers and yet some poster is accusing me of "trying to make him look clueless".

You want me to sit there and ignore that rubbish? I'm going to deny it.

Typical mouthbreathers tbh. Lose a game, start a fight online to make themselves feel better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

"Whats the solution Brendan?"
    "Work harder. Get injured players back"

Doesn't inspire confidence does it?

If that was his masterplan, it wouldn't. It's just a post match interview, they're not relevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I'm getting really frustrated by the start with Balotelli then 70 mins gone and bring on another striker and then 5 - 10 mins later take off Balotelli.

Just start with two strikers... seems ridiculously stubborn at this stage.

• Advertisement

The 'The Rodgers' thing, whatever the f*ck that's about, has to be put to bed lads. Ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

k0krjd.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭firemansam4

Aye. It is dramatic. But we need to start saying "top 4 is looking unlikely".

"We're only 3 points off" they say. That's with every other team currently having a game in hand.

Even if all teams ahead of us lose, we still have to consider the teams in positions 3/4 for champions league positions are City and Arsenal in effect. They're not the team we're chasing, or that anyone's chasing, really. The team we're chasing is Southampton in reality, and we're far more than 3 points away from them. Anything else is just a bit of ongoing self-delusion with numbers. Arsenal are looking strong and we'll never touch them on current form. City going through the rough a bit and yet they're still knocking results together. Us? One point from last three.

Nowhere near top 4 and over a quarter of the way through the season. You end up sleepwalking into these situations with phrases like "it's early" or "wait and see", until suddenly it's the final quarter of the season and you realise you have to crank out 2.5 points per game to claw teams back.

I do not see that happening. I don't see any progress. I'm not saying Rodgers should go, but I am saying he needs to tear up the book a little bit and start again: Can should be in Gerrard's position. Allen and Henderson should be ahead of him. Sterling should be through the middle - Coutinho and Lallana left and right. Sturridge when back should start. Until then, Balotelli just absolutely can't play on his own: 0 shots and either 4 or 5 offsides today. His lack of positional awareness is absolutely staggering at this level. Rodgers stubbornness is bizarre at this stage.

We're already in the fight of our lives for 4th and I'm not being funny when I say that. If we fail to get top 4, the reality is that Rodgers will be gone and we'll be back to square one.

I think if performances improve and we make a good go for 4th spot he will be safe til next year even if we don't get 4th. But on current form it's not looking likely, and looks like we could slip into the bottom half of the table by the end of the weekend.
    I think if we end the season bottom half of table and performances don't improve then its time to start looking at replacing him at that stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

k0krjd.jpg

People are going to have to accept that Rodgers is going to come under severe scrutiny from this point on. The ultimate solution is to win matches consistently. We'll see if he can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Sterling, Coutinho and Balo will all be far better with Danny up top (I hope). If we still are playing like this in January then its time to really worry.

Eh, our season is almost in tatters and Halloween is only barely over - it is definitely time to worry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

This is really a conversation for much further down the line and to make clear I'm not suggesting Rodgers doesn't deserve time to turn this around but just to pick up on the last point you made above. If we do eventually bring in a new manager I think he has an excellent base to start from so I wouldn't say we'll be back to square one. It is the best squad that any Liverpool manager in recent memory will inherit. Full of youth, potential, good squad players etc. They would have to phase out a few players and add some real top level quality to supplement the squad but as a starting base I think we're in excellent condition. We just need some top shelf players mixed in with what we have to elevate things.

Didn't mean to imply you were, sorry. Depends though, a squad full of youth and development for one philosophy is of diddly squat use under a different manager if he's of a different mindset.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

I don't even think that we are in with a shout for top 4 on current form, the season could be truly over by Christmas.

If that happens I still wouldn't sack him. But I'd demand major investment in proven quality next season, none of this ****ing about on "potential".

I think if performances improve and we make a good go for 4th spot he will be safe til next year even if we don't get 4th. But on current form it's not looking likely, and looks like we could slip into the bottom half of the table by the end of the weekend.
    I think if we end the season bottom half of table and performances don't improve then its time to start looking at replacing him at that stage.

If we finish bottom half he'll be out on his ear no question!

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    People are going to have to accept that Rodgers is going to come under severe scrutiny from this point on. The ultimate solution is to win matches consistently. We'll see if he can.

I can understand managers backing themselves but for him to say this should really concern people on here but it won't.

https://twitter.com/henrywinter/status/531106971798491136

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Rodgers stubbornness in playing lovren and balloteli as a lone front man could cost him his job

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Horrible thing to say but lovren getting injured would be a good thing, his price tag seems to mean rodgers will constantly play him and he has been poison for us.

klose wrote: »
    Horrible thing to say but lovren getting injured would be a good thing, his price tag seems to mean rodgers will constantly play him and he has been poison for us.

The price tag thing doesn't seem to matter with Lallana though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

The price tag thing doesn't seem to matter with Lallana though.

Thats true! Aswell as bizzare, surprised he didnt come on today. Thought allen did well when he came on for what its worth

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭firemansam4

If we finish bottom half he'll be out on his ear no question!

Yea I think anything below 6th and he will probably be out, but I think if our performances improve (as unlikely as that seems at the moment) then he will be safe even if we miss ot on top 4 this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

When everyone is fit I think this is our strongest team.

If Rodgers wants to keep one up front.

Mignolet

Flanagan----Toure
    Sakho
    Moreno

Lucas

Henderson
    Can
    Lallana

Sterling

.Sturridge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

I think we are go into come out of the international break a different proposition. We will have Sturridge back and some time to think about things might do everyone some good.

To rely on a crock of a player and an international break to solve our problems is like something rodgers would do... oh wait:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

klose wrote: »

It's not the price tag...it's the fact he is his signing. Lallana was the sub to make with Borini...and he brings on Joe Allen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

Glen Johnson for the 2nd goal was a disgrace, sauntering back, not even an attempt to make it look like he was busting a gut.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Glen Johnson for the 2nd goal was a disgrace, sauntering back, not even an attempt to make it look like he was busting a gut.

This. The guy should never play for the club again. Coutinho in the right back position and yer man not one bit bothered

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

rarnes1 wrote: »
    The recalled players did well didn't they? :rolleyes:

I praised Rodgers the other night for dropping the poor performers only to pick them again today.

Terrible management

He must have missed your post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

To think I defended him in the first half.

Post match interview!

Rodgers feeling the pressure a bit now I'd say. This season hasn't been good enough at all so far. First time in his Liverpool career he's getting rightly criticised for actual proper reasons rather than just deciding from the outset they'd criticise him him no matter what until the day he leaves.

Post match interview!
    E]

Well Brendan, it's actually been fairly consistent - that's the problem!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Suarez still not scored for Barca ha!

So then have we fixed the team yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Season down the pan already, and left with no proper striker once again.

Well done Brendan.

Suarez still not scored for Barca ha!

Yeah he only assisted the two goals. Useless :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Montroseee

11 points behind the Saints, who would've fcukin thought.

Montroseee wrote: »
    11 points behind the Saints, who would've fcukin thought.

We both the wrong halve of their team.

Even Long, the third choice, now has three goals for them despite a lack of gametime, more than our three combined.

Soton were playing Leicester it should be noted

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

"Whats the solution Brendan?"
    "Work harder. Get injured players back"

Doesn't inspire confidence does it?

What's he supposed to say?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Montroseee

noodler wrote: »
    We both the wrong halve of their team.

Even Long, the third choice, now has three goals for them despite a lack of gametime, more than our three combined.

I agree, Schneiderlin, Fonte and Wanyama would have been much more astute purchases.

Montroseee wrote: »
    I agree, Schneiderlin, Fonte and Wanyama would have been much more astute purchases.

Clyne as well I was shouting that all summer :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

I had to go out after it Chelsea just went 2-1 up. Anyone give me a summary of the rest of the game?

Augmerson wrote: »
    I had to go out after it Chelsea just went 2-1 up. Anyone give me a summary of the rest of the game?

We lost :(

Soton were playing Leicester it should be noted

So what? Have we been playing Chelsea every game this season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

One of the most frustrating things is, if you look back at Chelseas game against Maribor I think it was, they scored almost a carbon copy goal from the exact same set piece routine.

We just look absolutely toothless going forward.

We blew 130 odd million this summer on absolute ****e. The only two who look decent are Can and Moreno.

Why did we spend 20 million on Markovich when Ibe has shown just as much if not more in the minutes he has played for us.

We can't rely on Sterling or indeed Sturridge when hes back to score our goals.

One other thing, what the hell has happened to our downturn in scoring goals from set pieces?

We used to score so many from them last year.

The next four games are very winnable and simply must be picking up 12 points before meeting United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Approx 45m of summer signings didn't play one min of todays game. Criminal for a club that needs to work under supposedly tight restrictions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

joe123 wrote: »
    One of the most frustrating things is, if you look back at Chelseas game against Maribor I think it was, they scored almost a carbon copy goal from the exact same set piece routine.

We just look absolutely toothless going forward.

We blew 130 odd million this summer on absolute ****e. The only two who look decent are Can and Moreno.

Why did we spend 20 million on Markovich when Ibe has shown just as much if not more in the minutes he has played for us.

We can't rely on Sterling or indeed Sturridge when hes back to score our goals.

One other thing, what the hell has happened to our downturn in scoring goals from set pieces?

We used to score so many from them last year.

The next four games are very winnable and simply must be picking up 12 points before meeting United.

Because Markovich showed an awful lot more for Benfica. Give the lad some time ffs.

I think most frustration comes from the knowledge that Liverpool could and should have bought two experienced players - one for the front and one for midfield. The rest of the anger is regarding Rodgers utter and ongoing failure to shake up a failing approach. To eat humble pie. To drop desperate underperformers like Lovren, Johnson and Gerrard.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement