Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning in OP, 10/12

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

We lost :(

f0a.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

The lack of Lallana is absolutely disgraceful, as was all the 'dropped' players being recalled.

Rodgers must start winning, and now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Because Markovich showed an awful lot more for Benfica. Give the lad some time ffs.

Yep such knee jerk rubbish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Very disappointing from the team & the manager. Mistakes simply are not being learnt from.

The next few weeks will show us if Rodgers is the real deal or is just a manager who got lucky last year by having a player at the pinnacle of world football pulling him & some of his team mates along for the ride.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

SlickRic wrote: »
    The lack of Lallana is absolutely disgraceful, as was all the 'dropped' players being recalled.

Lallana should be starting ahead of Coutinho every day of the week.

That doesn't solve our inherent problem though in terms of confidence and coolness, and imo that isTHE problem that is blighting us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

SlickRic wrote: »

Its hard to fathom why Lallana has been rotated so much. When you play with a striker like Balotelli, ya need all the creativity you can get on the field behind him. It should be essential to fit the likes of Coutinho, Lallana and Sterling on the same field.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

I'd give Rodgers another season after this, as long as we don't look like relegation candidates come Christmas.

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Its hard to fathom why Lallana has been rotated so much. When you play with a striker like Balotelli, ya need all the creativity you can get on the field behind him. It should be essential to fit the likes of Coutinho, Lallana and Sterling on the same field.

I think he is firmly on the 'B team' despite the fact that he has been the most impressive of the summer signings.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

Only QPR, palace, villa, Leicester and burnley have lost more than us this season. We are guaranteed to drop to at least 10th by close of business tomorrow, although it will probably be worse. Things are going bad to worse folks.

For some reason people have claimed moral victories from today and from the Real game, when the truth is that they both shoulda really battered us but for them taking their foot of the gas and misfiring attackers. Sturridge, for how great he is, will not be enough to save this season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Rodgers has 2 weeks to have a good long think about what the fcuk we are upto and going to do. The next 6 fixtures need 6 wins if we are going to do anything this season tbh.

327771.jpg

Sturridge should be back and sakho too (although i doubt he will be used) so no excuses about missing players. Time to get our **** together.

10343488_10154843003640541_6443437386254335566_n.jpg?oh=5b40fdf66e23ffd16e9369530c9667db&oe=54F00867&__gda__=1424898524_4d41bb30d8f365ece3c3dfe1d0fe1fa3

Chelsea's 1st goal

Don't know where to start

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

No need for a defensive coach though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

rarnes1 wrote: »
    10343488_10154843003640541_6443437386254335566_n.jpg?oh=5b40fdf66e23ffd16e9369530c9667db&oe=54F00867&__gda__=1424898524_4d41bb30d8f365ece3c3dfe1d0fe1fa3

Chelsea's 1st goal

Don't know where to start

Look at Skrtel and Lovren there. What the actual ****?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

That looks like a photoshop, at least I hope it is. I don't remember it being that much of a mare in real time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

NukaCola wrote: »
    Look at Skrtel and Lovren there. What the actual ****?

"You clear it"
    "No you clear it!"
    "Well I'm not clearing it"

I've seen better defensive awareness in the Scottish third division.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

Not sure why there's so much dramatics around BR possibly going. He's stopped playing the footy that made him. It's just the logical outcome.

He should ring Steve Clarke first thing in the morning and see can he sort out the cluster**** of a back 4.

Rodgers stubborness will cost him his job.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

That looks like a photoshop, at least I hope it is. I don't remember it being that much of a mare in real time.

No it's real. I was shouting at the amount of space they had when I saw the replays, not that it helped of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Augmerson wrote: »
    I had to go out after it Chelsea just went 2-1 up. Anyone give me a summary of the rest of the game?

I did'nt see it either but I guess it went something like this -

Did'nt create much.
    Never looked like scoring.
    Rodgers then made loads of excuses.

We were hardly the model of defensive solidity during the 11/12 season either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Only QPR, palace, villa, Leicester and burnley have lost more than us this season. We are guaranteed to drop to at least 10th by close of business tomorrow, although it will probably be worse. Things are going bad to worse folks.

For some reason people have claimed moral victories from today and from the Real game, when the truth is that they both shoulda really battered us but for them taking their foot of the gas and misfiring attackers. Sturridge, for how great he is, will not be enough to save this season.

I haven't seen one poster claim a moral victory from today. Not one.

• Advertisement

If City lose the press will be all over Pellegrini and Rodgers will escape it this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

Is that pic of Chelsea's first goal direct from the corner?
    If so Jesus wept. CBs 5 yards ahead if the ball with no blue jersey near them.

That pic should be plastered in the changing rooms at Melwood. Might be no harm stick a copy on the door of Rodgers office also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

Rodger's is clinging on to his 'style' and the team is suffering. The pressure to get him out is going to intensify.
    It only worked last season because Suarez and Sturridge were on fire.

Balotelli/ Lambert are not capable of playing the role Suarez played.
    They're obviously trying to learn and adapt, but there's a learning curve that they won't get passed in the next few months.

The goal Balotelli got against Swansea was a lucky cross in from the wing. Not the type of goal in Rodger's vision.

Rodger's failure to adapt the team's tactics to suit the players available is making him look really bad. It's starting to look like his best tactical move of last season was begging Suarez not to go to Arsenal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

If City lose the press will be all over Pellegrini and Rodgers will escape it this weekend.

Do you think Rodgers should be sacked?

Do you think Pellegrini should be sacked?

Do you think LVG should be sacked?

Do you think Pochetinno should be sacked?

Do you think Klopp should be sacked?

SACK EVERYBODY

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Sea Sharp wrote: »
    Rodger's is clinging on to his 'style' and the team is suffering. The pressure to get him out is going to intensify.

They're obviously trying to learn and adapt, but there's a learning curve that they won't get passed in the next few months.

The goal Balotelli got against Swansea was a lucky cross in from the wing. Not the type of goal in Rodger's vision.

Rodger's failure to adapt the team's tactics to suit the players available is making him look really bad. It's starting to look like his best tactical move of last season was begging Suarez not to go to Arsenal.

The reality is, when you take Suarez and Sturridge out of the team, it's very average. They pretty much carried the team with their goals.

We needed to replace Suarez with world class players e.g. Di Maria, Sanchez.

We didn't and paying the price now.

It will have to be addressed in January.

But why, as Liverpool fans, should we give a **** whether or not the press get on Rodgers' case?

djPSB wrote: »
    The reality is, when you take Suarez and Sturridge out of the team, it's very average. They pretty much carried the team with their goals.

When there will be fewer players available. January is generally for clubs who screwed up the previous summer.

Do you think Rodgers should be sacked?

Do you think Pellegrini should be sacked?

Do you think LVG should be sacked?

Do you think Pochetinno should be sacked?

Do you think Klopp should be sacked?

SACK EVERYBODY

????????????????

Where did I say or anyone say any of those managers should be sacked????????????????????????????

mosstin wrote: »
    But why, as Liverpool fans, should we give a **** whether or not the press get on Rodgers' case?

Why do papers write anything about anybody if people have no interest in what they write?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Seriously though isn't the same everywhere? Take every team's best 2 players out then the standard drops? I don't see your point?

Also, I don't think Suarez and Sturridge 'carried' the team. Of course their goals were vital but their presence and form bred confidence throughout the whole team and their playing style and mentality was very different.

Rodgers needs to try and get that mentality back, and I don't really understand why it has gone since the start of the season.

• Advertisement

Why do papers write anything about anybody if people have no interest in what they write?

But why, as a Liverpool fan, does it matter to you what, say, Oliver Kay writes about Rodgers? We know what our problems are - much of what the press adds is just white noise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

Sea Sharp wrote: »

He's already shown he is willing to adapt and refine his 'philosophy'
    The original concept of 'death by football' which Rodgers spoke if repeatedly when appointed went by the wayside as Liverpool played to their strengths ie playing the ball from back to front asap to service Suarez and Sturridge.

Unfortunately this season he seems downright stubborn to adapt and change
    Consistently starting Gerrard and Henderson despite both well below par. Esp as Lallana is getting very little of a look in
    Likewise Lovren holding onto a starting berth.
    Then there's the whole 1 up front which has resulted in blunt and toothless attacking football

murpho999 wrote: »
    Seriously tough isn't the same everywhere? Take every team's best 2 players out then the standard drops? I don't see your point?

Also, I don't think Suarez and Sturridge 'carried' the team. Of course their goals were vital but their presence and form bred confidence throughout the whole team and their playing style and mentality was very different.

Rodgers needs to try and get that mentality back, and I don't really understand why it has gone since the start of the season.

Your middle paragraph answers your last.

But why, as a Liverpool fan, does it matter to you what, say, Oliver Kay writes about Rodgers? We know what our problems are - much of what the press adds is just white noise.

Yes and we have know for over a year what our problems are but the media never reported it but once the media start to change and point fingers at the manager then you know agendas are being pushed.

Why do you post here if you don't care what anyone else thinks or writes about Rodgers.

Why did you reply to my post if you don't care that I care and posted about what the media might do?

That is the whole point of fourms like this people to express there feelinghs about football. The press guys just get paid for there opinions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Liverpool have lost more games, have conceded more goals and have less points at this stage than under Roy Hodgson in 2010

Yes and we have know for over a year what our problems are but the media never reported it but once the media start to change and point fingers at the manager then you know agendas are being pushed.

Why do you post here if you don't care what anyone else thinks or writes about Rodgers.

Why did you reply to my post if you don't care that I care and posted about what the media might do?

That is the whole point of fourms like this people to express there feelinghs about football. The press guys just get paid for there opinions.

I post here because I'm a Liverpool fan. You post here because you're a Liverpool fan. I've questioned why you're concerned with Rodgers being given a free pass with the media due to City's woes. I've not questioned your right to express an opinion anywhere.

Liverpool have lost more games, have conceded more goals and have less points at this stage than under Roy Hodgson in 2010

Are you suggesting that Hodgson is a better manager than Rodgers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Are you suggesting that Hodgson is a better manager than Rodgers?
    Definetly not just stating how bad things have come

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

these level of players will never sign for Liverpool.. Sanchez begged Barcelona to sell him to Arsenal and not make him sign for Liverpool..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Glen Johnson for the 2nd goal was a disgrace, sauntering back, not even an attempt to make it look like he was busting a gut.
    I happened to be looking out for Johnson at that point in the match.

Now, even the clueless amongst us have figured out that Coutinho isn't likely to become even a stand-in fullback in the future.

Johnson saw him defending against Azpelwhateverhisnameis and could have easily ran back to try to get into position to help out his attacking midfielder.

But he stayed jogging back, undaunted, only breaking into a run(not a sprint, mind) when Coutinho was beaten.

That is unforgiveable in a senior international player. He is clearly not ar$ed about playing. I have defended him before but, after todays lack-of display, i cannot.

Johnson has to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

Second time this has been posted. Utterly meaningless without any sort of context.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

:confused:

We actually did ok for long periods today you are seriously over reacting and wrong in a lot of what you are saying. Chelsea worked damn hard for their win today.

Chelsea were efficient.. they pressed us high and everyone of them chased like dogs and when they got the ball they passed it and more often than not they reached their proper destination. 2 or 3 passes after they turned the ball over and they had a scoring chance... we couldn't contain them and we were weak as water... their players are stronger faster and the amount of times they spun around to evade our players was a joke... Liverpool have a very soft centre...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

Second time this has been posted. Utterly meaningless without any sort of context.

Surely if you added context it looks even worse for Rodgers?

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

Surely if you added context it looks even worse for Rodgers?

Apologies, I forgot that Hodgson had taken us to the brink of winning the league a few months earlier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

Gerrard has been Ineffective and Hendo has been Nonexistent, and yet Can, our Best Midfielder, gets subbed 1st? Are you Kidding me?
    Can looked out on his feet tbh....

• Advertisement

Those here (and there are certainly a few) who wanted rid of Rafa in his last season, at what point did you decide you had enough? That's more of a parallel than the Hodgson comparison (who I wanted gone at this point in his Liverpool tenure).

When we return from the break we have 14 games in around 42 days (up to and including the FA Cup 3rd round) and if that set of fixtures play out much like those to date there will certainly be pressure. 14 points from 11 games for Liverpool, no matter what the circumstances is not good enough. It's not too late to turn it around, but it'll be too late to turn it around if they wait too long.

5starpool wrote: »
    Those here (and there are certainly a few) who wanted rid of Rafa in his last season, at what point did you decide you had enough?

He should be judged to the same standards Kenny was tbh.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

This. The guy should never play for the club again. Coutinho in the right back position and yer man not one bit bothered

And didn't even stick in a tackle when he did get back!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,670 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

We TRIED for Sanchex, he said no!!! What's Rodgers' supposed to do? Fly over to Barclelona and bring him back at gunpoint??

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

We TRIED for Sanchex, he said no!!! What's Rodgers' supposed to do? Fly over to Barclelona and bring him back at gunpoint??

Did Sanchez ever say why he favoured Arsenal? Was it money , city , or just wanted to go there? He was on my Liverpool wish list for the summer !

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement