Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning in OP, 10/12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Mr Alan wrote: »
    My point is he seems to be trying to quash any criticism of Rodgers in this thread.

So while very few people (if any) are calling for Rodgers head, he is deserving of very real criticism for the way the team is performing this season, his transfer record & his tactical inflexibility. Some people here don't seem to want to allow that criticism.

I find it hard to believe that anyone could defend him from criticism right now. He's made several errors, not least a pointless (pun intended) persistence with one up front, but having coaxed a solid performance from a fresh starting XI on Tuesday night, and to then reinstate those who performed so abysmally last weekend.... the mind boggles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

MD1990 wrote: »
    Who could replace Rodgers anyway?
    He done a great job last year he deserves some time to try to get things right imo.

My problem with Rodgers this year is he seems to be hoping things will improve rather than righting any problems we have in the team. Same formations, same subs and same under-performing players picked each week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I have not read anyone on here say Rodgers should be sacked!!!!!!!

Yet if some of us show any sign of criticism towards him we seem to be hit with "Should Rodgers be sacked?"

If you ask that question and can't see the manager deserves criticism for not fixing the defence or other glaring mistakes from last season.

Well then I don't know or have an answer for you!

I do not want Rodgers sacked as of right now come 3rd round of the FA Cup I may feel different.

Completely written him off. Top level defendes make good decisons. He is just a front foot defender who tries to win everying no matter how improbable. He seems to completely lack any kind of good decision making power instead relying solely on his ability to be proactive. Mostly as a defender you need to weigh up danger and make good considered decisions to the best course of action. Lovren just wants to head straight towards putting out fires with no forethought..

Completely? Christ. He's been piss poor but you can't completely write off a player after a third of a season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Criticism of Rodgers is justified.

But there's a difference between being critical and disrespectful.

Last seasons performance means he should be given the benefit of the doubt and time to put things right.

If things don't improve over the coming months then yes maybe questions will have to be asked.

All coaches go through rough patches though and should be given time to put things right.

At the end of the day, the match going fans are still very much behind Rodgers and that's all that matters really.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

mosstin wrote: »
    Completely? Christ. He's been piss poor but you can't completely write off a player after a third of a season.

Meh, I listened to some people before the season talking about him who claimed to have watched him since before his Southampton days who said he would fail spectacularly. Almost everything they described has been bang on. He has hardly had a good game for us since we kicked a ball competitively. He isn't some kid we bought that should be given plenty of time. He was one of the few we bought who has plenty of experience, coming into his prime, year in the league already. I expect him to be hitting the ground running. You only need to watch him closely to notice how rash he is and his complete lack of good decision making. Top defenders are far more considered. These are fundamental things to the make up of a defender that should be imbedded at his age. His will to impress was an excuse for a while but that goodwill at least for myself has passed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

I think what people who say "he needs time to put it right" need to realise that he is getting time.

This is not a couple of weeks of bad form. We've been very poor for nearly 4 months and criticism has been minimal. That's the credit & good will he built up last year. Expecting much more is unreasonable.

If there's not significant signs of improvement by Christmas, I expect he'll find himself under real pressure.

Meh, I listened to some people before the season talking about him who claimed to have watched him since before his Southampton days who said he would fail spectacularly. Almost everything they described has been bang on. He has hardly had a good game for us since we kicked a ball competitively. He isn't some kid we bought that should be given plenty of time. He was one of the few we bought who has plenty of experience, coming into his prime, year in the league already. I expect him to be hitting the ground running. You only need to watch him closely to notice how rash he is and his complete lack of good decision making. Top defenders are far more considered. These are fundamental things to the make up of a defender that should be imbedded at his age. His will to impress was an excuse for a while but that goodwill at least for myself has passed.

Through thick and thin eh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

djPSB wrote: »
    Criticism of Rodgers is justified.

But there's a difference between being critical and disrespectful.

Last seasons performance means he should be given the benefit of the doubt and time to put things right.

If things don't improve over the coming months then yes maybe questions will have to be asked.

All coaches go through rough patches though and should be given time to put things right.

At the end of the day, the match going fans are still very much behind Rodgers and that's all that matters really.

We all know in the modern day it's all about results which we just are not getting but people seem to think when Sturridge comes back things will change,maybe they will time will tell but Rodgers stubbornness with one up front & the fact we seem to lose the ball or give it away cheaply in the final third needs to be addressed but does Rodgers know how to?

Through thick and thin eh?

What? I'm objectively talking about whether I think a player is good enough. Do you think the club makes these decisions emotionally? By all means though quote some silly rhetoric and bury your head in the sand. I'll support the players on the pitch as always when match time rolls around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

I'm really sick of losing. I'm not sure what Rodgers is trying to do but he's going to lose his job if he doesn't figure it out soon or he doesn't get some help.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    You're really on a one man Rodgers defensive aren't you?! Are you able to admit that Rodgers is doing very poor in his role this season?

You once said this about Kenny and I think the same principles apply here.
    Mr Alan wrote:
    The simple fact is, until the last 10 league games when we've struggled badly, Kenny has been doing a decent job. We hit a bad patch (which we've been quite unlucky during) & all of a sudden the knives are out. You'll never walk alone indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,522 ✭✭✭tigger123

When is Sturridge due back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Kristian Walsh,the Echo reporter and sometime TAW contributor was glassed tonight. He said he's fine tho.

tigger123 wrote: »

Just before he's due to get injured again.

What? I'm objectively talking about whether I think a player is good enough. Do you think the club makes these decisions emotionally? By all means though quote some silly rhetoric and bury your head in the sand. I'll support the players on the pitch as always when match time rolls around.

He's played 11 league games for us and you've given up on him already. I'm not the one being silly here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

tigger123 wrote: »

J Enrique Knee Injury no return date
    D Sturridge Calf/Shin Injury 23rd Nov 14
    J Saez De La Torre Groin/Pelvis Injury 6th Dec 14
    M Sakho Hip/Thigh Injury 23rd Nov 14
    J Flanagan Knee Injury 21st Dec 14

http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/epl_injury_table.php

Kristian Walsh,the Echo reporter and sometime TAW contributor was glassed tonight. He said he's fine tho.

He seems more pissed off about the fact that he won't make it to the chippy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

Where's Kess these days? Mostly a lurker on these parts but haven't seen him posting in a while

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Your shout Lovren did and he was poor again.

I know, I know, nobody would look good in our defence the way we play.

I wonder how many international CB's with a good reputation will come through the club before we realise it is the linchpins of sh1te defences (Skrtel/Johnson) that are actually the issue.

At this stage im sure people are bored reading my thoughts on Skrtel. I think it would be ironic if we get to christmas or 15 /16 games with our only clean sheet being when he didnt play.

All that said, the manager is having an absolute shocker this season, even after the obvious loss of Sturridge.

We dont have Suarez and Sturridge from last season, we have Balotelli, yet we play the same way and Rodgers isnt changing it in the interim, seriously?. I think if we keep this up, Rodgers wont see the season out or a fair few upstairs wont. Too many players who have had great form for 12/18 months are playing badly, generally when that happens there are bigger issues at play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

This international break has to be the time for Rodgers to make changes. I want to see a completely different team, in both personnel and strategy, when we travel to Palace.

He seems more pissed off about the fact that he won't make it to the chippy.

:D
    He does alright.

He's played 11 league games for us and you've given up on him already. I'm not the one being silly here.

So from all I have learned he was a bad buy before he kicked a ball for us. Everything since has confirmed that view. I don't think I've ever watched a CB who looks so out of his depth so regurally. I still think Sahko has all the base level ability to be a top defender despite him having a very mixed time at Liverpool so far. That doesn't come from any fanboy love as I'd never seen him play prior to Liverpool. My views come from more than just judging a player on games played. If I thought lovren had shown signs of things to build on I'd say it's early days but IMO we have seen Lovren. This is just the player he is. A front foot defender who when things go right for in a game can look great but over the longer term will invariably make many mistakes due to that rashness.

So from all I have learned he was a bad buy before he kicked a ball for us. Everything since has confirmed that view. I don't think I've ever watched a CB who looks so out of his depth so regurally. I still think Sahko has all the base level ability to be a top defender despite him having a very mixed time at Liverpool so far. That doesn't come from any fanboy love as I'd never seen him play prior to Liverpool. My views come from more than just judging a player on games played. If I thought lovren had shown signs of things to build on I'd say it's early days but IMO we have seen Lovren. This is just the player he is. A front foot defender who when things go right for in a game can look great but over the longer term will invariably make many mistakes due to that rashness.

I'm happy to give him time before judging him. It's a big step up for him. Looks like he'll struggle alright but daft to be writing him off so soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Within a whisker of delivering a League title last season should buy a man a bit of time.

How much time does it buy him though? The more this season goes on, last season looks to be more and more down to Suarez's influence.

I am not advocating sacking him as I have stated already most of the issues I would have with him relate to his handling of players he doesn't want, and I actually think, somewhat surprisingly for a man with his ego he is lacking confidence, and is intimidated by trying to match up to last season. But there are still some good signs there such as the Spurs game and opening 20-30 minutes in both Madrid games and today's game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Missed the game today or did I? Or have I not yet gone into a black hole to be there not missing the match while missing the match because I haven't went into a black hole yet to be there not missing the match...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

daithijjj wrote: »
    I wonder how many international CB's with a good reputation will come through the club before we realise it is the linchpins of sh1te defences (Skrtel/Johnson) that are actually the issue.

At this stage im sure people are bored reading my thoughts on Skrtel. I think it would be ironic if we get to christmas or 15 /16 games with our only clean sheet being when he didnt play.

All that said, the manager is having an absolute shocker this season, even after the obvious loss of Sturridge.

We dont have Suarez and Sturridge from last season, we have Balotelli, yet we play the same way and Rodgers isnt changing it in the interim, seriously?. I think if we keep this up, Rodgers wont see the season out or a fair few upstairs wont. Too many players who have had great form for 12/18 months are playing badly, generally when that happens there are bigger issues at play.

One clean sheet doesn't really make a difference does it? I mean, if we played Toure and we got a clean sheet does that mean he automatically makes the teamsheet for every game thereafter?

Personally i don't see Skrtel as weak a link as say Johnson. Nor can i lay the blame at the feet of the 2 CB's as at the end of the day they are a cog in the machine that defends from the front.

Look at Chelsea. Would John Terry be as effective if he played for us? Probably not. He plays in a system where they are drilled to within an inch of their lives. So comfortable on the backfoot, so comfortable when the ball is in front of them. It is no accident Mourinho builds teams like this. But you place out midfield and strikers in front of John Terry and Cahill and they'll not fare too much better the way we play.

Even with Gerard/Can/Hendo in front of our defence we still leak too much space. Still make stupid decisions and still do not defend as a team. Chelsea play Hazard as a luxury player but by god he stills puts in a shift. Last season we did the same with Sterling/Coutinho they worked like dogs but we carry too many players in these games. Thats why we leak goals.

I think Rodgers is trying to tinker with the system and players, Can for example was a refreshing addition to the mid today - unfortunately Hendo was a bit of a spanner cos he was out of position. He was pressing on his own (We we all know we need to press as a team like last season), i am extremely worried that Lallana seems to keep getting overlooked by BR and the question is WHY? We spent 25mill on the lad!!! Why can't we get him match ready? That is more of a concern to me. As well as why do we not get the best from Sterling ...

On a side note, Johnson ... i knew he'd start today and i am thinking, he will play well against his old club or Hazard could tear him a new arse ... instead my only memory of him was watching as Azpilicueta ran past Coutinho and crossed the ball as he JOGGED back to help his team-mate. I'd blood Manquillo all day every day over that imposter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

One clean sheet doesn't really make a difference does it? I mean, if we played Toure and we got a clean sheet does that mean he automatically makes the teamsheet for every game thereafter?

Personally i don't see Skrtel as weak a link as say Johnson. Nor can i lay the blame at the feet of the 2 CB's as at the end of the day they are a cog in the machine that defends from the front.

Look at Chelsea. Would John Terry be as effective if he played for us? Probably not. He plays in a system where they are drilled to within an inch of their lives. So comfortable on the backfoot, so comfortable when the ball is in front of them. It is no accident Mourinho builds teams like this. But you place out midfield and strikers in front of John Terry and Cahill and they'll not fare too much better the way we play.

Even with Gerard/Can/Hendo in front of our defence we still leak too much space. Still make stupid decisions and still do not defend as a team. Chelsea play Hazard as a luxury player but by god he stills puts in a shift. Last season we did the same with Sterling/Coutinho they worked like dogs but we carry too many players in these games. Thats why we leak goals.

I think Rodgers is trying to tinker with the system and players, Can for example was a refreshing addition to the mid today - unfortunately Hendo was a bit of a spanner cos he was out of position. He was pressing on his own (We we all know we need to press as a team like last season), i am extremely worried that Lallana seems to keep getting overlooked by BR and the question is WHY? We spent 25mill on the lad!!! Why can't we get him match ready? That is more of a concern to me. As well as why do we not get the best from Sterling ...

On a side note, Johnson ... i knew he'd start today and i am thinking, he will play well against his old club or Hazard could tear him a new arse ... instead my only memory of him was watching as Azpilicueta ran past Coutinho and crossed the ball as he JOGGED back to help his team-mate. I'd blood Manquillo all day every day over that imposter.

Plenty of folk think he should have started today after the midweek game.

I've been saying on this thread for 3 or 4 windows that we need a starting DM to ease Gerrard out of the team as well as play alongside him when need be. Lucas and Allen dont count, no strength in possession, yard dog required.

I've not seen the game because of work but whats new?, he started Henderson wide left v Newcastle, why?. This ties in with Lallana, at least Lallana has experience in that position, Henderson doesnt.

This might be controversial but we dont get the best from Sterling because we had a shocker replacing Suarez, players trying to knit the mid with attack have the total opposite to what they had last year. Ballotelli cant play on the break or move the ball quickly. "Best we could have got" should be replaced with "what we were willing to pay for".

Johnson has never been a decent full back, he is a wing back moonlighting as a full back. The irony of this is, he is actually decent at left back because he isnt comfortable going forward as much that side.

*we made a mistake selling Martin Kelly for pittance*

Moving forward, i think the club needs to buy for the here and now. We spent 100m in the last 18 months that never got on the pitch v Newcastle. We spent 50m summer before last and have Mignolet to show for it most of this season. We have over 30m Rodgers has spent out on loan. None of those figure include Borini, who we actively tried to push out the door 3 months ago, and, ironically, happens to be probably our most effective striker with Sturridge out.

In short, i'd get rid of Lucas/Allen/Skrtel/Johnson to start with. I'd try for Begovic if i was pushed for a name of a keeper, get a starting DM to ease Gerrard out. I'd also sell Balotelli (yeah, i know), it wont work out on various levels. I kept that short because of the time of night it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,522 ✭✭✭tigger123

Just my two cents.

Rodgers should be, and most probably will be, given until the end of the season before being judged by LFC. He's without Suarez and Sturridge this season so far and has been given Balotelli as a replacement.

If after Sturridge comes back and he can't pull some wins together then he should be looked at, but not until then. Fans saying he should be sacked are totally jumping the gun.

By the way Balotelli was landed on him its pretty obvious he has little or no control over the transfers at the club. He can only work with what he's been given. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Its just so confusing to see us having reverted to this awful ineffective 4231 when we played much better last season with the 41212, does rodgers think we are playing well? Sterling played so much better playing off the strikers and now he has been reduced to a by line wingers it seems, coutinho had his best run of form in a centre mid position but is back between playing off a sole striker (who himself cant play as one) where he can still be great there but his consistency is poor, or on the wing.
    Granted the likes of gerrard/henderson are in poor form but we will have 10/11 of a team that was superb last season when sturridge returns, it seems painfully obvious that we should go back to that formation??
    Glen johnson still playing is just bizzare, he is off almost certainly next summer, possibly in january but seems to have a default starting spot? Manquillo has shown much more to date but cant get a look in :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

The lack of a leader in the defence is so worrying at the moment . I think BR needs to try out a back 4 of

Manquillo
    Lovren----Toure
    Moreno
    Lucas

I do think it's time to give Lucas even the starting position of DM and use Stevie G as a sub abit more .
    In front of that I would go with Emre Can and Henderson . Then fill out the team with who is available or playing the best .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

The lack of a leader in the defence is so worrying at the moment . I think BR needs to try out a back 4 of

Manquillo
    Lovren----Toure
    Moreno
    Lucas

I do think it's time to give Lucas even the starting position of DM and use Stevie G as a sub abit more .
    In front of that I would go with Emre Can and Henderson . Then fill out the team with who is available or playing the best .

Thats what lovren was publicly brought in to do and he looks lost, all hes doing is shouting and waving his arms about. Severely worrying transfer.

klose wrote: »
    Thats what lovren was publicly brought in to do and he looks lost, all hes doing is shouting and waving his arms about. Severely worrying transfer.

I would prefer to see him beside Toure . I just get the feeling that skrtel at times is an accident waiting to happen .
    Maybe some of toures leadership qualities would rub off him and he would actually feel comfortable leading the defence .
    But then is the reason they are so all over the place is down to the fact that they don't trust mignolet at all ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Best place for lovren is sat at home with his feet up

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Best place for lovren is sat at home with his feet up

Ah now I think that's a bit much . The only defender we have that should be at home is glen Johnson . He has been poison for a year now .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Hands up everyone who watched the Skrtel/Costa 'duel' yesterday and who didn't think "yeah Costa is so gonna have the last laugh here"

*sees no hands up*

Ah now I think that's a bit much . The only defender we have that should be at home is glen Johnson . He has been poison for a year now .

I 100% agree with you on johnson, but lovren also isnt a relation of a footballer

If things aren't to work out for Rodgers and he gets the bullet, where do yye think he will end up.

Will he back at a club like Swansea or would he get a go at a club like City.

kfallon wrote: »
    Hands up everyone who watched the Skrtel/Costa 'duel' yesterday and who didn't think "yeah Costa is so gonna have the last laugh here"

*sees no hands up*

At least skrtel had a battle with him and it was refreshing to watch, who did our other cb have a battle with i wonder

If things aren't to work out for Rodgers and he gets the bullet, where do yye think he will end up.

Will he back at a club like Swansea or would he get a go at a club like City.

I would imagine drop down a level do a good Job at a decent size club and then maybe get a big job . That seems to be how it works .

• Advertisement

Skrtel has been ever present more or less the past 16 months - 16 months where we probably shipped more league goals at a rate not seen in probably 30/40 years.

Should have got rid a few years ago when there were clubs interested

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

There's a book in it for him anyway.

Someone else said he has to work with what players he is given.....would be great if he did that.

I would imagine drop down a level do a good Job at a decent size club and then maybe get a big job . That seems to be how it works .

I could see him getting a job similar to the Liverpool one in maybe Spain or Germany. e.g. Dortmund, Valencia, Sevilla.

Speaking of Dortmund, what has happened to them. In the relegation zone. Klopp must be under serious pressure.

I could see him getting a job similar to the Liverpool one in maybe Spain or Germany. e.g. Dortmund, Valencia, Sevilla.

Speaking of Dortmund, what has happened to them. In the relegation zone. Klopp must be under serious pressure.

Lets do a swop

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

kfallon wrote: »

*sees no hands up*

Costa was being a boll()x yesterday. People talk alot about protection for players. If Costa v Skrtel was on the street in front of the cops, Costa would have been arrested. But the whole time I was wishing he was on our team doing it to Chelsea.:)

I have no problem with Rodgers, I'd even extend his contract. He is top drawer.
    He cant play like last year, he doesn't have the personnel.
    Sturridge back should offer a bit more of that and the formation we played.
    We are trying to play counter attacking football, other teams see this and they are just taking down the man that is breaking with the ball at an expense of a yellow card, killing the attack and momentum.

After seeing Mario for a few games now, and cheering him on, he should revisit his postman analogy. I could have put away a few of his chances to be fair.
    I would drop him now.
    The problem is that we have what I can see a very unfit Lambert coming in , but I think with a run of games, he'll get fitness and still score some goals on the way. Borini will work his socks off, but will never be prolific.
    I'm still of the belief that when Sturridge returns, it will improve Mario. Young Daniel would link up well with Mario I hope.

As it stands, we are in 8th place, 4 points off 4th.....many off top place.
    5 points off relegation places. A few wins on the trot gets us up the table quickly. A few L's on the trot, we wouldnt move down too much.
    The rest of the teams we are competing against are making mistake like us.

Still in with a shot of getting out of the group in the Champs League.
    Still in the FA Cup and other Cup.

^^^^^ i stopped at " he doesnt have the personnell" who bought the players, rodgers can only blame himself for the utter tripe that he has assembled this year, 100m+ and we have gone backwards:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Costa was being a boll()x yesterday. People talk alot about protection for players. If Costa v Skrtel was on the street in front of the cops, Costa would have been arrested. But the whole time I was wishing he was on our team doing it to Chelsea.:)

I have no problem with Rodgers, I'd even extend his contract. He is top drawer.
    He cant play like last year, he doesn't have the personnel.
    Sturridge back should offer a bit more of that and the formation we played.
    We are trying to play counter attacking football, other teams see this and they are just taking down the man that is breaking with the ball at an expense of a yellow card, killing the attack and momentum.

After seeing Mario for a few games now, and cheering him on, he should revisit his postman analogy. I could have put away a few of his chances to be fair.
    I would drop him now.
    The problem is that we have what I can see a very unfit Lambert coming in , but I think with a run of games, he'll get fitness and still score some goals on the way. Borini will work his socks off, but will never be prolific.
    I'm still of the belief that when Sturridge returns, it will improve Mario. Young Daniel would link up well with Mario I hope.

As it stands, we are in 8th place, 4 points off 4th.....many off top place.
    5 points off relegation places. A few wins on the trot gets us up the table quickly. A few L's on the trot, we wouldnt move down too much.
    The rest of the teams we are competing against are making mistake like us.

Still in with a shot of getting out of the group in the Champs League.
    Still in the FA Cup and other Cup.
    Ah, here.

While i have been a fan of Rodgers since he brought Swansea up, its about time he showed a willingness and ability to improve the defensive side of the teams performances.

At this stage, all the players in the squad are those judged by him as being capable of doing a job for us, either as starters or as squad players. While appreciating the fact that they are for the most part young, he has far more quality in the squad than he had last year. He used the squad well last year to get results but seems incapable of doing the same this year.

The same mistakes are being repeated, game after game, playing Balotelli up front on his own being the most glaring. We may as well start with 10 players as put Balotelli up there on his own. Even yesterday, when Balotelli played well from the start, he reverted to his standard missing-in-action default position after 20 minutes.

Its difficult to beat any team with 11 players but almost impossible when you play 75+ minutes with only 10 players(bar QPR who kindly do our scoring for us)

Does anybody have any idea how many times Mario Balotelli has been caught offside since he joined us? I've never seen anything like it.

5live wrote: »
    Ah, here.

While i have been a fan of Rodgers since he brought Swansea up, its about time he showed a willingness and ability to improve the defensive side of the teams performances.

At this stage, all the players in the squad are those judged by him as being capable of doing a job for us, either as starters or as squad players. While appreciating the fact that they are for the most part young, he has far more quality in the squad than he had last year. He used the squad well last year to get results but seems incapable of doing the same this year.

The same mistakes are being repeated, game after game, playing Balotelli up front on his own being the most glaring. We may as well start with 10 players as put Balotelli up there on his own. Even yesterday, when Balotelli played well from the start, he reverted to his standard missing-in-action default position after 20 minutes.

Its difficult to beat any team with 11 players but almost impossible when you play 75+ minutes with only 10 players(bar QPR who kindly do our scoring for us)

He has far more quality in the squad but far less quality in the first 11 due to the absence of Suarez and Sturridge.

Everyone is in agreement that results this season haven't been good enough. It's just a matter of whether fans believe he can get things back on track with time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

He has far more quality in the squad but far less quality in the first 11 due to the absence of Suarez and Sturridge.

It would be fair to say there is also significantly less quality in the first team as the big money signings for the first team have not been successful to date.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement