Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning in OP, 10/12

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

MR NINE wrote: »
    That picture people keep quoting is very misleading. The ball was out at the edge of the box where a chelsea player won the header and nodded it back in. I admit its still disorganised defending, particularly lovren and skrtel both attacking the same ball and neither of them winning it.
    But why didn't anybody recognise that they were leaving their players behind or letting their zone behind? In fairness, it's not rocket science. Even a 10yo at the local club is learning to do their allocated job when defending set pieces. You would imagine that out of 6 experienced international players that at least one would be alert enough to see players not being marked and keep shouting at players to get them to do their jobs?
    rarnes1 wrote: »
    Manquillo, Lallana and Sturridge in for the Palace game. Toure too.

Go there and fcuking win
    +1 but the only likely starter is Lallana. I would like to see Sturridge get 60 minutes and Borini replace him. I don't think i can watch Balotelli start up front again, ever:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

2 up front from now on please....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Balotelli called up to the Italy squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

I just...I...I can't...What is...ugh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Our first choice right back, ladies and gentlemen! Unbelievable how hes still in the side.

That happened 4/5 times by Johnson yesterday :o

Common occurance these days

That happened 4/5 times by Johnson yesterday :o

Common occurance these days

https://vine.co/v/OiWxKYJu9Y2

Love his effort here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Love his effort here.

Jesus,will ya stop? You're killing me here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

I thought he didn't do much wrong in the first half yesterday, but f*cking hell when he does wrong its ridiculous. At this stage he is just a comedy side show in the team. I've given up thinking he will be dropped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Balo has gotten a recall to the italy squad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

klose wrote: »
    Balo has gotten a recall to the italy squad

He's worked hard for this. His form deserves it.

I wish him well.

Lolz.

Knex. wrote: »
    He's worked hard for this. His form deserves it.

I wish him well.

Lolz.

Few odd ones from conte by the looks of it. Disgrace borini didnt get a call up, they will miss his #movement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

Johnson.

What the fúck goes on in this mans head. Lazy bóllix.

B2BuVjzIcAE45VI.jpg:large

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Love his effort here.

I'm not sure it's lack of effort.

It's just general sh1tness.

• Advertisement

Johnson.

B2BuVjzIcAE45VI.jpg:large

This is common though. I'm glad the majority of people are picking up on it.

He's done. Get him out of the team to fcuk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

Those pictures are the exact moment in the game I was talking about in my last few posts. His starting position was dictated by the manager not by Johnson. It just shows how a player can take a beating for something which isn't his fault.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

In the interest of fairness, I suspect similar could be done for all of our back line.

When Johnson has been out of the side this year, we've not looked any more solid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

Love his effort here.

I remember as Johnson was running across I was thinking, just get goal side of him. GlenJo had other ideas.

Johnson.

Read my post a page back. Rodgers had been telling him all game to stay central with Hazard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

It is plainly obvious what we are missing I really think johnson, Gerrard and anything else is secondary to the fact we haven't a fit goalscorer.

Look where we are in the table we are there because we don't have a decent striker.
    Every team above us bar Stoke have better strikers.
    West ham for years have lacked a goalscorer and are now flying high because they look to have unearthed 2 very good ones.

Goals win games, ferguson always had the best strikers, we had the best 2 last season and almost clinched the title.

We have an exceptional goalscorer returning now his stats are up there with the best. 32 in 46 appearances and he won 20 points in the league last season more than any other player including luis suarez.

We are exactly where we deserve to be in the league, 0 league goals from our current fit strikers.

Sturridge will give this team purpose and a swagger again. Another striker of a similar level is an absolute must though in January.

Read my post a page back. Rodgers had been telling him all game to stay central with Hazard.

Fair enough, but wheres hazard in that'd 4th pic.

The DM Gerrard/Hendo/Allen/Balotelli/Fúckin anyone else should be covering hazard and let Johnson burst his arse to be in line with skrtel and knock the play out of play.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    This is bad posting. Alan put up a reasonable summary and rather than discuss / debate it you goad him over Rafa (when Alan didn't mention him btw)? Bad form.

I get that some people are disappointed with how things are going and will get defensive, but the above is not fair

Lol, did you not consider Alan seemingly disregarding sturridge's contribution last year as bad posting?

Also I didn't see Rodgers excellent job of clearing out all the sh1t Roy and Kenny bought appearing on the pro list. Also he claims Rodgers didn't want sturridge so he gets no credit for that transfer, but he gets 100% blame for all other transfers, a reasonable summary it wasmost certainly not.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    In the interest of fairness, I suspect similar could be done for all of our back line.

When Johnson has been out of the side this year, we've not looked any more solid.

That doesn't take away from the fact that Johnson is incredibly poor

Very small sample size without Johnson also. Ive been happier when Manquillo is in there tbh

I'm thinking of starting a "Rodgers out unless he brings in a defensive coach" campaign.

Fair enough, but wheres hazard in that'd 4th pic.

The DM Gerrard/Hendo/Allen/Balotelli/Fúckin anyone else should be covering hazard and let Johnson burst his arse to be in line with skrtel and knock the play out of play.

It's his starting position though that causes the problem. He finally does decide to leave Hazard, you can actually see him do a double take on the field when he looks at Hazard, looks at the danger developing and isn't sure should he stay or go. It's those vital few seconds caught between two stools that leaves him in no mans land while the goal develops. What I don't understand is that if the manager decides this is what he wants from Johnson why it hasn't been worked on in training so he knows exactly what is expected of him. I can only think Rodgers only decided looking at the game that it was a tactical tweak he needed to make in game watching Hazard's movement. Still none of this should be blamed on Johnson and I'm far from his biggest fan recently.

Trumps victory moses pass last season against west ham

https://vine.co/v/hQ6Pq77ebYx

It's his starting position though that causes the problem. He finally does decide to leave Hazard, you can actually see him do a double take on the field when he looks at Hazard, looks at the danger developing and isn't sure should he stay or go. It's those vital few seconds caught between two stools that leaves him in no mans land while the goal develops. What I don't understand is that if the manager decides this is what he wants from Johnson why it hasn't been worked on in training so he knows exactly what is expected of him. I can only think Rodgers only decided looking at the game that it was a tactical tweak he needed to make in game watching Hazard's movement. Still none of this should be blamed on Johnson and I'm far from his biggest fan recently.

That's a valid point, he's caught in no mans land and he looks cúntish.

I'd like to see it from the goal end angle, see where the midfield 3 are.

and who and how close they are to hazard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Taking that Rodgers DID tell him to track Hazard, when he makes the decision to get back to cover results in only running back and not sprinting. By the time Az hits the ball, Johnson is only 2 yards away.

2 yards.

2 yards easily made up by just putting a bit more effort into running back to support his midfielder in a dangerous position!

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

I find it hard to believe that anyone on the thread could defend Johnson right now. Quite apart from yesterday, his form for over a year now has been appalling. He isn't a whipping boy, he's just ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

monkey9 wrote: »
    It could be worse lads, we could support Arsenal.

Its a toss up as to which team is worse at a corner/lumped in cross.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭breghall

I agree, in pic 1 he is in a line with the back 4 albeit pushed over to the left and high up. Apizill.....is the left back and it is couthinos job as the winger to keep an eye on him. With hazard coming down the same side Johnson was caught in 2 minds slightly, and this Imo caused he deny in getting to the Chelsea player.
    As far as I'm concerned the issue lies in how they were told to line out, Johnson is being scapegoated here something terribly.
    Coutinho is small and light, he shouldn't be matched up against a much stronger apizilwhateverhisnameis...

As much as some don't what to recognise it, it is a management issue....he gave them a game plan and they look to plying to it by looking at the pics.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Bad as things are at Arsenal they are 3 points ahead of us and very strong favourites to qualify from the CL, plus they have much greater injury problems than us this season.

I think they are around a 1/5 shot to finish ahead of us, tight and all as it is at the minute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

rob316 wrote: »
    It is plainly obvious what we are missing I really think johnson, Gerrard and anything else is secondary to the fact we haven't a fit goalscorer.

Look where we are in the table we are there because we don't have a decent striker.
    Every team above us bar Stoke have better strikers.
    West ham for years have lacked a goalscorer and are now flying high because they look to have unearthed 2 very good ones.

Goals win games, ferguson always had the best strikers, we had the best 2 last season and almost clinched the title.

We have an exceptional goalscorer returning now his stats are up there with the best. 32 in 46 appearances and he won 20 points in the league last season more than any other player including luis suarez.

We are exactly where we deserve to be in the league, 0 league goals from our current fit strikers.

Sturridge will give this team purpose and a swagger again. Another striker of a similar level is an absolute must though in January.

You are right in many ways but it doesnt excuse the club having just 1pt more than Burnley since the last international break.

This is not one or two players fault either.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

5starpool wrote: »
    Bad as things are at Arsenal they are 3 points ahead of us and very strong favourites to qualify from the CL, plus they have much greater injury problems than us this season.

I think they are around a 1/5 shot to finish ahead of us, tight and all as it is at the minute.

Tbh outside of Chelsea all of Pool, Spurs, Utd & Arsenal are under-performing. It will come down to who can hit form first after Xmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Soups123 wrote: »
    Tbh outside of Chelsea all of Pool, Spurs, Utd & Arsenal are under-performing. It will come down to who can hit form first after Xmas.

All the other teams have shown substantially more than us IMO. They're much more likely to put a solid run together. We need to go back into the transfer market to have any chance.

When Sturridge is back, at least then there can be no more excuses.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Arsenal have one striker worth a damn - like Liverpool. If Sanchez goes tits up they are in big trouble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I honestly don't think there will be any additions in January, I remember Rodgers saying that
    the Summer gone was going to be the biggest transfer window for a number of years.
    I hope our poor form makes him rethink that statement.

This is the quote: “biggest window for the next few years”
    http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/aug/15/brendan-rodgers-liverpool-luis-suarez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

It's not ridiculous to think we'd have a chance of signing Reus. Dortmund were bottom for 24 hours and aren't too much better off now, and apart from their CL run, their season is pretty much over.

If he doesn't come to us in January, he'll go to Munich. Dortmund are a sinking ship.

martyos121 wrote: »
    It's not ridiculous to think we'd have a chance of signing Reus. Dortmund were bottom for 24 hours and aren't too much better of now, and apart from their CL run, their season is pretty much over.

If he doesn't come to us in January, he'll go to Munich. Dortmund are a sinking ship.

It is ridiculous. We have consistently shown that we're incapable of signing the biggest names in Europe and Reus falls into that category. Why would Reus - if he were to jump ship - leave Dortmund with their struggles, for Liverpool, with ours?

mosstin wrote: »
    It is ridiculous. We have consistently shown that we're incapable of signing the biggest names in Europe and Reus falls into that category. Why would Reus - if he were to jump ship - leave Dortmund with their struggles, for Liverpool, with ours?

Why? I could think of a few million r£a$on$.

As I said though, if Munich do want him, they WILL get him. We can't compete with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I wouldn't mind us trying for Walcott in January to be honest.

• Advertisement

Poor Zaf has his work cut out for him with Sturridge, Walcott would push his sanity over the edge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

I thought I heard recently he's either in talks for a new contract or that he has signed a new contract.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

It's not ridiculous to think we'd have a chance of signing Reus. Dortmund were bottom for 24 hours and aren't too much better off now, and apart from their CL run, their season is pretty much over.

What? Apart from being in the next round of the premier European cup competition that we are struggling to qualify for, their season is over but ours isn't? If, and it's a massive if, we sign him it'll be for money. I can't see us being his most attractive or even lucrative offer if he does move.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Zero chance he is probably one of the best forwards in europe. You honestly think it's between us and dortmund? Chelsea, city, real, United, munich and psg will all be queuing up for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Augeo wrote: »
    Lol, did you not consider Alan seemingly disregarding sturridge's contribution last year as bad posting?

Also I didn't see Rodgers excellent job of clearing out all the sh1t Roy and Kenny bought appearing on the pro list. Also he claims Rodgers didn't want sturridge so he gets no credit for that transfer, but he gets 100% blame for all other transfers, a reasonable summary it wasmost certainly not.

Well, that's a response to the original post - good lad. Goading him over Rafa was not.

A new manager in tomorrow would have work on his hands clearing out some **** Rodgers has bought btw.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement