Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning in OP, 10/12

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Mata has a nicer beard.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

MD1990 wrote: »
    You always mention stats in any argument like if a player has better stats it makes him a better player. Anyone who regulary watches Mata & Suarez will tell you Suarez is much the better player. Mata can't even make the Spain squad with both Silva & Fabregas injured.

Rayne's a statman be bop bop bo bo bo bop bop bo bo bo .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

If ye had mata last year ye would have won the league though. Mata. Sturridge. Saurez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Might have been a decent option off the bench for Coutinho....nothing more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭pmy.murphy

I have one mad suggestion: We get rid of Joe Allen and sign Jordy Clasie instead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Sturridge is back so hopefully things will turn around a bit.
    Next 4 fixtures are crucial. Should be winning them if we put out the right team and perform to a decent level.
    I'd like to see Sakho back in the team. Johnson out in . I'd have him gone in Jan to QPR/West Ham for an undisclosed fee(free) if at all possible.
    Flanagan would hopefully back by then and should play in all the league games. Manquillo for the cup games.
    I don't think ballotelli is going to work. If he isn't doing it with sturridge after these 4 games then there is no hope for him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Bowlardo wrote: »
    Next 4 fixtures are crucial. Should be winning them if we put out the right team and perform to a decent level.
    I'd like to see Sakho back in the team. Johnson out in . I'd have him gone in Jan to QPR/West Ham for an undisclosed fee(free) if at all possible.
    Flanagan would hopefully back by then and should play in all the league games. Manquillo for the cup games.
    I don't think ballotelli is going to work. If he isn't doing it with sturridge after these 4 games then there is no hope for him

Little point in talking about matches we should be winning. Given the way the season has gone I have minimal expectations from every game. Should have beaten Hull at home, Newcastle away, Everton at home, Villa at home etc.
    Little evidence either that Rodgers is willing to tweak either his formation or his personnel. I have no idea how our season will develop.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Bowlardo wrote: »

What's the latest on Sakho?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Rayne's had a nightmare in here today!

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭DaveSuarez

If ye had mata last year ye would have won the league though. Mata. Sturridge. Saurez.

No, we would of just won games 7-4 instead of 6-3. It was players that could defend we needed last year not more attackers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

We scored 101 league goals. More than enough to win a title. The problem was letting in too many. Mata wouldn't have changed that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Anyone trying for tickets? Completely forgot the Burnleygame went on sale yesterday and apparently they were available for half the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

I'm in the queue this morning. Looking for tickets for the West Ham and QPR games

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

joe123 wrote: »
    Anyone trying for tickets? Completely forgot the Burnleygame went on sale yesterday and apparently they were available for half the day.

Yeah they seemed really easy to get for some reason.

My queue time started at 29 minutes, I'm now gone up to 45....:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Anyone who thinks that sturridge coming back is gonna solve our problems is deluded

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Anyone who thinks that sturridge coming back is gonna solve our problems is deluded

Sturridge coming back is gonna solve all our problems :)

It's a Tuesday game which wouldn't appeal to most

With Mata in behind we'll be grand.

What happens if he comes back and we start winning again? Are you then the deluded one?:eek::eek::D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

He will definitely help with our problem of putting the ball into the NET. That solve one problem.
    Get johnson out of the team and Lovren will go a long way to solve the other.

Wow what a difference a year makes. Tickets were far easier got this time. Could have selected a few matches.

Ended up getting the Spurs game on the Tuesday night in Feb. Heres hoping we are flying by then!

Wow what a difference a year makes. Tickets were far easier got this time. Could have selected a few matches.

Ended up getting the Spurs game on the Tuesday night in Feb. Heres hoping we are flying by then!

You were lucky trust me. I'm still in the queue!

rarnes1 wrote: »
    You were lucky trust me. I'm still in the queue!

Ah sorry man.I know that pain. The last sale, I was on from first thing and was queuing for over 2 hours and got nothing.

This time, logged on at the same time and was in the queue for about 45 minutes. The only game that was sold out was City, United and Palace needed a higher quota.

Saying that the Newcastle game had a tiny section left with seats in random spots.

Have the dates for all our remaining fixtures been set?

I'm just booking flights now - we are down to play Spurs - Tuesday Feb 10th kick off at 8pm.

Should I hang on until TV dates are set in stone or should I be safe enough with that do ye reckon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Only got a restricted view for the Spurs game today to go along with the Burnley game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Got through, picked Palace all happy....

Needed 8 games:(

Seemed better than last time but still tough, think ill cancel the membership tbh

Have the dates for all our remaining fixtures been set?

I'm just booking flights now - we are down to play Spurs - Tuesday Feb 10th kick off at 8pm.

Should I hang on until TV dates are set in stone or should I be safe enough with that do ye reckon?

If they move Everton game for tv to Sunday it could move the Spurs game

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Got through, picked Palace all happy....

Needed 8 games:(

Seemed better than last time but still tough, think ill cancel the membership tbh

You know you can switch your game without being kicked from the queue? Drop down on the left. But yeah, the membership is nearly a waste at this stage.

• Advertisement

If they move Everton game for tv to Sunday it could move the Spurs game

Worst case scenario the game is moved to the Wednesday night?

Worst case scenario the game is moved to the Wednesday night?

I think so as the Champions league and Europa league starts back the week after

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Dickerty wrote: »
    Is it that quiet that we are really talking about signing Mata???

Jeez...

We haven't had a 'I think we should sign Seamus Coleman' debate in a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

djPSB wrote: »
    We haven't had a 'I think we should sign Seamus Coleman' debate in a while.

We can't afford to spend the 25m Everton would demand, even if they would sell, on a fullback!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

I see Chelsea are announcing a profit of £20M - http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/chelsea-unveil-huge-profit-increase-4616538

I know player sales were responsible for a good chunk, but it goes to show that sometimes you need to take a short-term hit for long term gain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

liverpool-table.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭pmy.murphy

I presume Mr Alan is in hibernation until the next opportunity to hop on the bandwagon when we lose or something goes wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭Cartman78

pmy.murphy wrote: »
    I presume Mr Alan is in hibernation until the next opportunity to hop on the bandwagon when we lose or something goes wrong

Maybe we should set up a 'Mr Alan Gossip/Rumours' thread since people are so obsessed about him :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

liverpool-table.jpg

We have literally gone from having the best strike force in the league to the worst. Very frustrating.

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Maybe we should set up a 'Mr Alan Gossip/Rumours' thread since people are so obsessed about him :rolleyes:

And only open it after we lose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

You know you can switch your game without being kicked from the queue? Drop down on the left. But yeah, the membership is nearly a waste at this stage.

Only game left by the time we got in unfortuntely

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Turtyturd wrote: »
    And only open it after we lose.

Well, some of us are kind of the opposite - I don't come in very much after we lose, cause I already feel crap about it without reading the autopsy in 50 shades of gray.

Each to their own.

Dickerty wrote: »
    Well, some of us are kind of the opposite - I don't come in very much after we lose, cause I already feel crap about it without reading the autopsy in 50 shades of gray.

Each to their own.

T'was a joke, he should be able to express his opinion like everyone else. The amount of attention it gets from other people is worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Turtyturd wrote: »
    T'was a joke, he should be able to express their opinion like everyone else. The amount of attention it gets from other people is worse.

I think he secretly likes it that way! :D

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I know some people still had a nightmare getting tickets, but I got mine ok thankfully. I thought I had 8 credits from last season but I only had 8 so missed out on utd and palace, which I really wanted to go to. Might have better luck in the late sale.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

liverpool-table.jpg

I doubt there are any players that have scored for thier premier league team in the last 16 hours. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭kop77

Hello..?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

kop77 wrote: »
    Hello..?

howya

sugeknight.gif

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

kop77 wrote: »
    Hello..?

_72198575_lionel.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

What problems?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement