Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning in OP, 10/12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Anyone who thinks that sturridge coming back is gonna solve our problems is deluded

Not all our problems but will certainly help on the lack of goals front. Has anyone suggested otherwise?

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭kop77

howya

sugeknight.gif

th?id=HN.608016229576018953&pid=15.1&H=138&W=160&P=0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I hate seeing this "doing a Tottenham" ****e keep popping up.

I'd bite your hand off for an 8 pt drop, never mind the 3 points they dropped after they sold Bale, relative to the season with him in the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    _72198575_lionel.jpg

Such a missed opportunity.

photo.jpeg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

This thread is gone to the dogs

gone-to-the-dogs.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

DaveSuarez wrote: »
    No, we would of just won games 7-4 instead of 6-3. It was players that could defend we needed last year not more attackers.

A destroyer as a DM is what LFC needed last season to win the league .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Jackson Martinez rumours gaining pace pretty quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

Vicxas wrote: »

Unlike our current attacking.... :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Vicxas wrote: »
    What was his story at the World Cup? Falcao injured and he hardly got a game?

Weren't we linked with him just before he went to Porto?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

D'Agger wrote: »
    What was his story at the World Cup? Falcao injured and he hardly got a game?

Didnt carlos bacca start for em? Had a great season with sevilla last year iirc.

Edit. Nope he didn't actually.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Maybe we need to bring the pandas back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Apparently we used them out of position, and they're with some German forum now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Pandas are sooooo last year. Dogs is where it's at this year.

B2Vs4a2IMAAgnuT.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

B2Vs4a2IMAAgnuT.jpg

The first one reminds me of Paul Konchesky.

The second one is the head off Lallana

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

B2Vs4a2IMAAgnuT.jpg

Ah look, it's Ian Ruff and Kenny Dogleash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Jackson Martinez & Lars Bender would do for me in January.

Some how I just can't see Brendan Rodgers buying a DM. He has had 6/7 windows to do it and we really haven't been linked to a real DM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

martyos121 wrote: »
    Ah look, it's Ian Ruff and Kenny Dogleash.

That's one of my favourite ever comments in this thread.

Congrats, good Sir.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

brevity wrote: »
    Weren't we linked with him just before he went to Porto?

Yeah he looked to have all but signed on the dotted line at one stage. I remember reading at the time that Comolli was very keen on him but it went cold when we got rid of him.

Our English Pointer

english-pointer11.jpg

6lqyC.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Martinez in January. Can't afford to wait until summer.

Martinez and Mata....M 'n' M.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

A page where Spearing/Konchesky/Comolli/Pandas and dogs have been mentioned and it is still better than that Mata debate of yesterday.

This thread is ****ing awful. Truly awful.

Before anyone says it, yes the thread has gone to the dogs.......har har har
    Still at least we dont have another game for another week and a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Martinez and Mata....M 'n' M.

I'd take Martinez, but Mata isn't good enough for Liverpool. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

No one has mentioned that Joao Teixeira is on the bench for Portugal under 21's tonight. They are 3-1 down against England, hope he gets a chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

No one has mentioned that Joao Teixeira is on the bench for Portugal under 21's tonight. They are 3-1 down against England, hope he gets a chance.
    Subbed on, 21 minutes to make an impact.

I stand corrected, two Teixeira, our Joao is only on now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Why are all up in Mata's grill lately!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Do folks honestly think rodgers is gonna spend big in jan, i cant see it myself, if it was me i wouldnt let him waste another cent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Do folks honestly think rodgers is gonna spend big in jan, i cant see it myself, if it was me i wouldnt let him waste another cent

You don't see the cents in it, do you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

mosstin wrote: »
    You don't see the cents in it, do you?

Why would he be given any more money when he has clearly pissed away 120m in the summer, the man just cant be trusted to bring in the right players

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Look like we are willing to pay extra to get Origi in January
    A premature move would suit both Origi and Liverpool, who are believed to be willing to pay extra to bring the transfer forward to January. However, the striker admits Lille need to agree to break the original deal and Liverpool have had no encouragement that could happen.

He said: “Maybe January, who knows? It is not me who makes the decisions but if the club choose to let me go in January I would go. I would like to join Liverpool then. I said that I would stay for the whole season and I wish to remain honourable in that, of course, but if there was a decision by the clubs, I would not say that I would not like to go to Liverpool in January.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/nov/13/divock-origi-liverpool-lille-belgium?CMP=twt_gu

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭john why

MD1990 wrote: »

Make it happen Liverpool

We still need a proven striker because without doubt Sturridge will get injured again before the end of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

paul joyce ‏@pjoyceexpress 3m3 minutes ago

Liverpool seeking to bring forward deal for Divock Origi to January. Club willing to pay extra to Lille rather than wait until next summer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

We still need a proven striker because without doubt Sturridge will get injured again before the end of the season.

Makes sense really as there's every chance Sturridge will pick up another injury before the end of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

Paul Joyce knows his onions, so there is defo some truth to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Well he'll certainly see more of the ball if he can join, at Lille he is feeding off scraps.

• Advertisement

We should go all out for Origi, we definitely need him. Sturridge is class and if he stays fit can turn our fortunes around.....IF he stays fit. I can't see FSG allowing Rodgers to spend another 20-25m sterling we'd need to bring in a quality striker. It makes sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Paying extra to Lille!!? How much would that be?.

Balotelli! :cool:

Our 2nd best option up front (Borini imo) we did our best to push out!

Forget Lambert, he was brought in to carry a load during a long season, not to start.

If everyone was honest we could only describe our attempt to replace what we lost as shambolic. The continual mystery and mechanics of how we do things doesnt seem to have changed since the summer we didnt sign Sturridge.

Remember when Ian Ayre said we got lucky when we decided to go without Sturridge and then rubber stamp it hours into the following transfer window?.

As it happens we are actually blessed he decided to come to us they way we 'grind'.

Except this time, we didnt get lucky, did we, we monumentally fked up actually.

The penny pinching resulted in signing 'the best we could have got', an outcast. And now we could end up paying more for a player who, in essence, we already own.

Well done team, nailed it!!

Lille would love Mario but no ****ing way is that going to happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

No Premier or Champions League make everyone here go something something.....

Well he'll certainly see more of the ball if he can join, at Lille he is feeding off scraps.

Depends on who wants to bring him back...if it's the transfer committee he probably won't even see much game time.

Looks like he is ready to go as well.

In French.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

In the long run it be probably better for Origi to stay with Lille and continue his development.
    If Sturridge regains his fitness and plays even 3/4s of our remaining games, I can't see origi getting a look in.

Charlie19 wrote: »
    In the long run it be probably better for Origi to stay with Lille and continue his development.
    If Sturridge regains his fitness and plays even 3/4s of our remaining games, I can't see origi getting a look in.

So what's the story with next season when we have Sturridge and presumably still have Mario and Lambear on the books? How much of a look will he get then?

(Left out Borini out of the equation because I think he'll be sold, possibly by January)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Augmerson wrote: »
    So what's the story with next season when we have Sturridge and presumably still have Mario and Lambear on the books? How much of a look will he get then?

(Left out Borini out of the equation because I think he'll be sold, possibly by January)

Next Season it will be

1. Sturridge
    2. Mario
    3. Origi
    4. Lambo.

Sturridge and Mario (assuming they click once Sturrdige is back) should be the #1 pair. Origi will be used to replace Sturridge after X minutes or to rest Sturridge, Cap One games etc and as cover for Sturridge injuries.

Lambo is very much an off the bench when we are in Hail Mary territory in the last 10-15 minutes.

Borini, much as I like his attitude and industry is likely to go back to Italy at a big discount to the €14m Sunderland were prepared to pay for him in the summer.

Only amendment to the above might be Borini out and Origi in over Xmas if Lille will play ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Origi can play Left & Right Wing as well. I don't see Lambert being at Liverpool next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

BenEadir wrote: »
    Sturridge and Mario (assuming they click once Sturrdige is back) should be the #1 pair. Origi will be used to replace Sturridge after X minutes or to rest Sturridge, Cap One games etc and as cover for Sturridge injuries.

I can see it being Studge and Origi very often. Origi is clearing Berndan's man (he talks him up so much), so once he is delivering, he'll start him and try to develop their partnership...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement