Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning in OP, 10/12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

He's so brittle these days he'll probably get injured watching them :(

I can see him doing a David James. Injuring his back reaching for the remote control. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

That Fellaini's a dirtbird.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

BMJD wrote: »
    That Fellaini's a dirtbird.

I don't think it was intentional this time but you can never be sure with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Fellaini is such a dirtbag, all he does is lead with that club of an elbow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

10599580_10150423782149982_6170702400406974586_n.png?oh=7901fdd393800ecf949204c70555bf6f&oe=54D870EA

Bloody hell

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭john why

10599580_10150423782149982_6170702400406974586_n.png?oh=7901fdd393800ecf949204c70555bf6f&oe=54D870EA

Bloody hell
    Dirty bastard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Bloody hell

Allen ran full pelt in to him, what else would you expect?

Literally nothing Fellaini did wrong initially, I will look again to check a "follow through" but this is a load of cock about nothing tbh

Allen ran full steam in to him, he comes up to Fellainis forearm in height, what else was gonna happen?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Accident or not Fellaini has a history of leading with elbow for years now.

This is something that needs to be taken out of his game by coaching or by fines from both his club & country managers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

kryogen wrote: »
    Allen ran full pelt in to him, what else would you expect?

Literally nothing Fellaini did wrong initially, I will look again to check a "follow through" but this is a load of cock about nothing tbh

Allen ran full steam in to him, he comes up to Fellainis forearm in height, what else was gonna happen?

That enough follow through for you?

• Advertisement

Even in this video which tries to paint it one way you can see Fellaini has his eyes on the ball, gets to the ball first and Allen, running at full steam just clatters in to him.

Serious amount of bull**** over a nothing incident, unfortunate of course, but when you are a 5'6 short arse and run into a 6'4 man from the side you may in fact run into his arm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

At least he didn't spit on him while he was on the ground.

The worst thing that happened in that match was the Welsh player getting booked for a clash of heads with Merthens.

Super-Rush wrote: »

A 7 second video I am sure is very compelling.

He moves his arm after someone else clatters in to it? Yeah thats shocking alright, his arm is close to his body, Allen smacks into it, tell you what, stand up and have someone run full pelt, face first in to your elbow, see if your arm recoils/reacts/plain old moves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Allen clatters into his right elbow but then there is a left palm in the face after it, Fellaini does it so often now he knows how to get away with it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Even in this video which tries to paint it one way you can see Fellaini has his eyes on the ball, gets to the ball first and Allen, running at full steam just clatters in to him.

Serious amount of bull**** over a nothing incident, unfortunate of course, but when you are a 5'6 short arse and run into a 6'4 man from the side you may in fact run into his arm

Ugh, who chooses the music on these clips?

• Advertisement

Allen clatters into his right elbow but then there is a left palm in the face after it, Fellaini does it so often now he knows how to get away with it

There is an instinct to protect yourself that comes in to play, but you are probably right. Fellaini - Zen master at reflexology and GBH

mosstin wrote: »
    Ugh, who chooses the music on these clips?

I haven't heard the music, had it muted

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭john why

Do you just disagree with everything on this tread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Lucky you...bloody awful tune is stuck in my head now :mad:

A 7 second video I am sure is very compelling.

He moves his arm after someone else clatters in to it? Yeah thats shocking alright, his arm is close to his body, Allen smacks into it, tell you what, stand up and have someone run full pelt, face first in to your elbow, see if your arm recoils/reacts/plain old moves.

What has the length of the video got to do with this? Yours just shows the incident over and over again :confused:

What about his left hand that Allen didnt run into?

Strange move to smack him in the face.

Oh and your comment about Allen being a 5'6 short arse and Fellaini being a 6'0 man sums you up perfectly tbh.

• Advertisement

john why wrote: »
    Do you just disagree with everything on this tread

What an odd post.

What has the length of the video got to do with this? Yours just shows the incident over and over again :confused:

What about his left hand that Allen didnt run into?

Strange move to smack him in the face.

Oh and your comment about Allen being a 5'6 short arse and Fellaini being a 6'0 man sums you up perfectly tbh.

Thank you.

Lucky you...bloody awful tune is stuck in my head now :mad:

:) I aplogise for that so, should have screened it first, just put in the firs video youtube threw up for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Jesus lads, calm down (calm down) . Theres no case to answer there. Bit of a clash and everyone moves on. Its not up to Fellaini's usual standard .

I haven't heard the music.
    I didn't see the elbow.
    You're a monkey aren't you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

From what I saw Joe Allen runs into Fellaini.

Hope hes ok.

I haven't heard the music.
    I didn't see the elbow.
    You're a monkey aren't you?

Why are you so emotional about this?

I didn't hear the music no, I am terribly sorry for that, the rest is just your own waffle to be frank.

Out of curiosity, where in the posts that I mention Joe Allen running fill pelt into another mans elbow (more of a forearms really) do I say I didn't see the elbow?

Monkey comment is hardly worth addressing I guess

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Why are you so emotional about this?

I didn't hear the music no, I am terribly sorry for that, the rest is just your own waffle to be frank.

Out of curiosity, where in the posts that I mention Joe Allen running fill pelt into another mans elbow (more of a forearms really) do I say I didn't see the elbow?

Monkey comment is hardly worth addressing I guess

Have you had a tough weekend??! This kind of posting is usually the kind we get from aul gowl.

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Have you had a tough weekend??! This kind of posting is usually the kind we get from aul gowl.

Been an alright weekend, run of the mill stuff tbh.

I understand the mob mentality of attack the infidel and all that don't worry, but forgive me if I respond to people sometimes, just a habit really.

I understand the mob mentality of attack the infidel and all that don't worry, but forgive me if I respond to people sometimes, just a habit really.

Waffle. Emotional. Two of the things you accused me of. 'Infidel'. Still laughing here.

• Advertisement

Waffle. Emotional. Two of the things you accused me of. 'Infidel'. Still laughing here.

It was quite funny alright, have you retracted your bull**** from earlier yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Cool, so for one moment take off the blinkers.. now put them back on but imagine that instead of Allen getting clocked it was Di Maria being hit like that by Stevie (who has that dirty streak in him) and tell me that you wouldnt be up in arms. Cause you would and it would be understandable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Thanks for worrying about me, had a dodgy Chinese last night.

Cool, so for one moment take off the blinkers.. now put them back on but imagine that instead of Allen getting clocked it was Di Maria being hit like that by Stevie (who has that dirty streak in him) and tell me that you wouldnt be up in arms. Cause you would and it would be understandable.

Its a pointless question and answer tbh, I am obviously going to say no, you are obviously going to say, yeah sure.

What difference does it make?

I haven't claimed anything outlandish, or anything some Liverpool fans haven't also said, It was unfortunate, Fellaini has his eyes on the ball, both players go for it, Fellaini gets his toe there first and Allen runs into him.

There really is no need for people to get "up in arms" about it, there will be plenty more this season for them to be up in arms I am sure, leave a bit of fuel in the tank maybe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

He actually tries to hit him with his hand too after getting him with his elbow. A pathetic excuse of a footballer.

Its a pointless question and answer tbh, I am obviously going to say no, you are obviously going to say, yeah sure.

What difference does it make?

I haven't claimed anything outlandish, or anything some Liverpool fans haven't also said, It was unfortunate, Fellaini has his eyes on the ball, both players go for it, Fellaini gets his toe there first and Allen runs into him.

There really is no need for people to get "up in arms" about it, there will be plenty more this season for them to be up in arms I am sure, leave a bit of fuel in the tank maybe

You are a very strange man.

You are a very strange man.

You are unable to answer simple questions, we all have our crosses to bear I suppose.

You can keep up the personal shots, keep lying about what I say, keep calling me things like a monkey, a strange man. It only further highlights your inability to engage.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Simply put lads, if ye can't debate the actual point at hand, as opposed to discussing what type of people each other are, then maybe don't post. Keep it civil and keep it on point, and drop the personal shots.

Fellaini defintley meant it. Refs are going to have to clamp down on his dirty play which is his man assest as a player bought for 27m

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,389 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

You are unable to answer simple questions, we all have our crosses to bear I suppose.

You can keep up the personal shots, keep lying about what I say, keep calling me things like a monkey, a strange man. It only further highlights your inability to engage.

You should know that a lot of people in here do it like that that Kry. Happens in the United thread too. It's fruitless trying to change some minds in this forum. Even more personal attacks and backslapping than usual in here though.

I literally heard about it and called exactly what happened earlier in the United thread. It was actually more tame than I thought it'd be. As for the "follow through"? Just LOL if anyone thinks that's malicious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Is this the man utd thread or Liverpool?

Why do you think he meant it?

He clearly has eyes for the ball and he doesn't move his arm until after Allen runs in to it, Allen is already going down at that point having hurt himself.

You say he definitely meant it, have you anything to back this up other then those videos of incidents that did not happen tonight which doesn't actually prove anything to do with what happened in the match tonight at all?

Why do you think he meant it?

He clearly has eyes for the ball and he doesn't move his arm until after Allen runs in to it, Allen is already going down at that point having hurt himself.

You say he definitely meant it, have you anything to back this up other then those videos of incidents that did not happen tonight which doesn't actually prove anything to do with what happened in the match tonight at all?
    Showing the previous incidents shows the type of player he is. He tried to hit him again with his hand. He is always thowing around his elbow. No apology or to see if Allen was ok. Allen 2 minutes before had tackled Fellaini & Fellaini was imo looking to get him back.

MD1990 wrote: »
    He tried to hit him again with his hand. He is always thowing around his elbow. No apology or to see if Allen was ok. Allen 2 minutes before had tackled Fellaini & Fellaini was imo looking to get him back.

Fair enough, your entitled to the opinion, I disagree that you have shown anything other then your own interpretation though to back it up.

Fellaini doesn't move his elbow to initiate contact, he doesn't take his eyes off the ball. If he meant it, he is a ninja basically :)

Edit: To respond to your edit, the old incidents have nothing to do with what happened on the pitch tonight, they prove nothing and you know that.

Fair enough, your entitled to the opinion, I disagree that you have shown anything other then your own interpretation though to back it up.

Fellaini doesn't move his elbow to initiate contact, he doesn't take his eyes off the ball. If he meant it, he is a ninja basically :)

Edit: To respond to your edit, the old incidents have nothing to do with what happened on the pitch tonight, they prove nothing and you know that.
    He tries to hit him with his hand after hitting him with his elbow though. Old incidents mean he can't be given the benefit of the doubt & that there was no apology.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Just because he has his eyes on the ball doesn't been he can't see Allen coming.

MD1990 wrote: »
    He tries to hit him with his hand after hitting him with his elbow though. Old incidents mean he can't be given the benefit of the doubt & that there was no apology.

Allen ran in to him, why would Fellaini have to apolgise to him?

We won't agree on the incident, even down to something simple like, you say Fellaini hit him with his elbow, I say clearly Allen ran into Fellaini without Fellaini moving an elbow toward him. Allen hits his forearms more then elbow really, but thats beside the point.

Fellaini did not throw an elbow at all, his arm is at his side, and he does not move it. Allen runs in to it so for me it is impossible to come to the conclusion that Fellaini elbowed him.

So if you like we can leave it there?

jenno86 wrote: »
    Just because he has his eyes on the ball doesn't been he can't see Allen coming.

Your right, but since he didn't move his arm toward him or anything you would assume his intentions were on the ball and that Allens momentum took him in to Fellaini.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Here's the incident from another angle.

savageelbowanimated.gif

I think we can all agree, that it's pretty, pretty, pretty conclusive.

Allen ran in to him, why would Fellaini have to apolgise to him?

We won't agree on the incident, even down to something simple like, you say Fellaini hit him with his elbow, I say clearly Allen ran into Fellaini without Fellaini moving an elbow toward him. Allen hits his forearms more then elbow really, but thats beside the point.

Fellaini did not throw an elbow at all, his arm is at his side, and he does not move it. Allen runs in to it so for me it is impossible to come to the conclusion that Fellaini elbowed him.

So if you like we can leave it there?
    Well at least see if he was okay since he was bleeding. What he is doing with his hand after hitting Allen then?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement